Indian Railways — 3-tier in side berths
I travelled from Madurai to Chennai by Pandian Superfast Express on 18/10/2008 by 3-tier sleeper class. I have few points with respect to recently introduced 3-tier in side berths. I hope Railways take required action to take care of the same.
1. No more sitting is possible in the side lower berth.
2. The middle berth comes right at the middle of the window and hence opening or closing window is a problem. If it is raining, by the time one realizes and closes the window, the lower berth would have got totally wet (I had this experience).
3. Side middle & upper berth hardly get any air from the fan because the window is blocked and is available only to the lower berth
4. Fan & Light switches are not visible and they are behind the middle berth. If one has to operate the same, the passenger in the middle / lower berth has to be disturbed. Imagine a lady sleeping there and you try put on / off light / fan there is every possibility of hand landing up in a wrong place and could cause an embarrassment to all
5. Reaching upper berth is real challenge. Your head will certainly hit the light fitting or fan cover and you cannot help it. Only children below 12 years can sleep in the upper / middle berth.
I really doubt the person who suggested this has ever travelled by train or must be an official who only travel by 2nd or 1st AC compartments. It is horrible. In fact quite a lot of other passengers also shared the same concern and they really go hard on TTEs. What can the poor TTEs do on this?
I request the Indian railway authorities to evaluate this from the point of passenger convenience and not just from the point of increasing revenue to Railways.
|13 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0Share0|
Post your Comment
+91 11 2338 XXXX
Rail Bhawan, Raisina Road, DL, India, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110001