[Resolved]  Sony Ericsson / W 580i — BAD PRODUCT & NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

I, Rogaciano Fernandes bought two Sone Ericsson cell phones (W810i & W580i) on June 25, 2008. Although I was told by the dealer that the speaker output of W58i is better than W810i when I started using the phones I noticed it was'nt the same. The sound output of W810i was much better than the W580i, since I was'nt interested in using the speaker mode so much I did'nt bother about that. However after a few days I noticed that when the cellphone rang the sound was cracking. My work enviroment allows me to keep the Cell phone on only on silent
mode so I did'nt realise this earlier.
As soon as I noticed this flaw I took the piece back to the dealer and he assured me that it would be replaced and advised me to deposit the cell phone at ACCEL FRONTLINE LIMITED.
I immediatly deposited my cell phone at Accel Frontline as directed on July 17, 2008 at 16:53 PM. Therafter I placed a complaint with Sony Ericsson (Complaint # SE[protected] to ensure that my phone is replaced A.S.A.P.
And I am throughly disappointed by the way my complaint has been handled. Last week I recieved a call from Accel informing me that the phone has been repaired when I had asked for a replacment. Also when I call SE customer care they keep asking me to callback after two wrking day. Its been over ten days now. When I ask for a floor supervisor I am either hung up on or just placed on hold. I been on hold once for over one hour waiting for Jeetendra, who I was told was the floor Supervisor. I did manage to speak to Manish, Nilesh and Vijay Sharma on other occasions. But on subsequent follow ups they all turned out to be non existent entities. Your customer care associates told me there are no floor supervisors with that name in Sony Ericsson. That
means a lot of people representing Sony Ericsson have been dishonest with me, starting with dealer who assured me that the cell phone would be replaced right to the cusomer care associates and so called floor supervisors who I doubt even exist..
I did'nt pay all this money to be treated this way. I dont care about my cell phone but I definatly expect an apology for this kind of customer treatment.
Today (0808/2008) I paid a visit to Accel Frontline Limited to check on my cell phone which I had deposited on 17/07/2008 because it had developed a speaker problem. I was told today that the phone has problems with the motherboard and will take another week to get it replaced.
Now I would like to remind you that initially when I had returned the phone I specifically requested for a complete replacement and I was ask to raise a complaint with Sony Ericsson to escalate the issue. I raised the complaint soon after but on all my follow up calls I was either placed on hold and never attended too, or I was transferred to some one who claimed to be a floor supervisor. I spoke to Manish, Nilesh & Vijay Sharma who all claimed to be floor supervisors but on subsequent follow up calls I was told that no such people existed in Sony Ericsson Customer service. My last few conversations have been with Sanjeev who happens to be your only employee who has bothered to call back and update me on my complaint. But that was over a week ago and since then nothing has happened. My mails to Sony Ericsson too weren't being answered.
It was out of sheer frustration that I had gone to ACCEL my handset and accept it in whatever condition it was. But in light of the new issue with the mother board I would now want a refund. All expenses paid including taxes.
I have been made aware by my colleagues that the handset has major issues with its display and motherboard. If that's not enough when I checked with the customer service people at ACCEL they too confirmed that this handset has issues with its motherboard.
Having understood this I really don't feel comfortable continuing to use this handset.
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 00:24:44
Complaint comments  29 CommentsShare0Tweet0

Comments

Sony Ericsson / W 580i — Pathetic and the worst service

I bought my new cell W 580i from one of the sony ericsson showrooms in gurgaon 3 months back, the key pad stopped working all of a sudden, when taken to the service centre, the cold response of the gentlemen who looked and sounded irritated and pissed in his life told me to leave it with him and come back after 6 hours, the same was done but when i returned the cell was not even touched leave alone the repairing part. I took the cell back and spoke with the manager in Delhi who sits in Delhi office. Asked me to leave the cell with the service centre guy so that he gets it to Delhi for repairing, did the same. Its been a month there is no response from them. They dont know the status of my cell, where is it and they have no information. I have been running behind them, they have stopped picking up my calls.
I really dont know who to contact because even the manager seems to be helpless and gives me weird replies like we are replacing it and sometimes they are trying to repair it, and at times they tell me we dont know the status and on the other hand i am handicapped without my cell.
sir mine is 580i piece, i took it last week only, in that i got a problem that configaration error, pls contact your service center, .I took it 2 service center and asked to solve the problem, now he is asking RS.350/-... i am having the warrenty card also...
what ever happens within 1 year, they have to do, even soft ware problem also...
now he is asking money, what should i do now...?
i have bought this mobile in april 2008, my phone is getting hot while operating. it got hot even we talk only for half minutes.
kindly give me the feedback quicly
I buy a W580i before 20 days. Withing 10 days Software was hanged. & stopped the work. i use mobile only 3 days.Then i went to service centre. they told me to it will done 7 days. but till 20 days it is not done . what nonsance things they are doing. Every day they are ignoring me. & even not giving responce properly.they are very helpless.how you authorised that Service centre i dont know.
When i will get my hpone i dont know . i think it is worst to use sony mobile.

Sony Ericsson — Pathetic and worst Service

I bought my Sony Ericsson Mobile W580i in the month of April from Hot Spots Retails Pvt. Ltd., Yusuf Sarai, Delhi. Suddenly the Display got blank on 09/07/2008. I went to service centre at Arun watch Shop, Yusuf Sarai and given the mobile to get it repaired under the Complaint ID SES08AWS11872. Its been a month now whenever I go and ask the status their reply was LCD Stock is not available so they do not know when they can get my mobile back in shape. The service centre manager seems to be helpless and gives me weird replies and asked us to talk to Okhla Office but they are also helpless. I am handicapped without my cell and have no idea who to contact.
I[censored] are really having problems with sony eicsson just vist the salora interntional office in okhla. That is the best service center for SE phones and they keep ur phone for maximum 2-3 days
rediff bol has been produce the problem (E102) then uyou have solution for this problem
I bought the Sony ericsson w580i mobile on july 30 2008 and it has a network problem. so i surrended to nearby customer care (sony ericsson). they informed they will get back to me with a new mobile but till date (august 21 2008) i didnt get my mobile number. Could some one please let me know the email id of any higher official in india for sony ericsson so that i could get them back soon.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Devarajan
i am also facing same problem with W580i
New phone hardly used for one week is giving problem.
Service center approach is totally un professional and now they want to change motherboard.
they say they do not give replecement but only do the repairs.

it is better to file a complaint with consumer protection court rather than running from piller to post on the mercy of this unprofessional brats from Sony
I have to agree, Sony Ericsson does has horrible customer support. I sent in my phone for repair on the cracked keypad for W580i, and when I called them two weeks later to check on my phone's status with the RMA# they provided to me, they just ignore me because I couldn't provice them the "Postal Office tracking number." I asked them can't you just type in the RMA# on your data base, and check the status on my phone? And the Sony Ericsson customer support just said no. Well, hopefully I can find my Postal Office tracking number and phone them up again for the status, otherwise I can only pray and wait...
Even I am facing the problem. It is almost a month and my W580i isn't come back. They keep telling another two more days. Pathetic customer support. Never will i make the mistake of buying a Sony Ericcsson product.
I bought W580i in the month of february 2008. Somehow the phone starting giving problems after two months where it gets stuck. It hangs quite often and one cannot recieve or disconnect calls. Now the screen got broke and I have no where to go to get it repaired as customer service does not respond.

Who shall i contact
respected sir,
i Mr.jayraj A Dulange having Sony Erison Model No.s500i had given my handset for repair defect in handset on 19/8/2008, but till date i am not given prorer answer as to what is the problem .i am repeatedly making calls daily, i am only told yet the handset is not done proper.
its my earnest request pls solve my problem or else i have to take legal action against the same

token no-24 dated 19/8/2008
Imei For the Same- [protected] @ Atul Electronics Solapur, Maharashtra
contact no[protected]/[protected]/[protected]

pls revart the same, if complaint has to be registred else were.
regards
jayraj dulange
+91 [protected]/[protected]
mail id- [protected]@yahoo.co.in
I bought the Sony ericsson w580i mobile on May 2008 and it has a Charging problem. so i surrended to nearby customer care (sony ericsson). Service center approach is totally unprofessional and now they want to change motherboard.There is no any response time mentioned in the mobile job card. Could some one please let me know the email id of any higher official in india for sony ericsson so that i could get them back soon.

My Mobile No-91-[protected],[protected]
sony ericsson dictionary
Never have I had a problem with any electronic device until I bought the 580i in November 2007. Within a month AT&T replaced the first bad one. In November of 2008 I finally sent the replacement back. They fixed some things but off and on I would email SonyEricsson to keep them apprised of what problems I was having and did not send it back because I had grown to like the phone and did not want to be without it again.
Following up with emails is not the same as sending it back within the 90 day repair warranty, so now I am using it as take the phone apart in a DIY attempt. Don't buy the phone!!!
I am custmer of Sony Ericsson from last 6 years.My first mobile was T310 in which I had faced problem with joystick.Than again I bought new mobile K510i.AT this time I am again facing the same problem with my mobile with in 2 years.That is waste of my money with Sony mobile.How I can I trust with Sony Ericsson.Can you explain me.

Rajesh Kumar

sony 580i — speaker and motherboard

This is to inform you that, I am using Sony ericsson 580 i mobile last 8 months. I was facing problem in my ear speaker, I have given my Mobile at you service centre that is RT-outsourcing services Ltd, Silver Sanchora castle shop No 15, 16, 17, 18 RNT Marg Indore[protected]. They have received my mobile phone problem dated 31/07/09 and ask me to come after 06/08/09. they have change speaker parts. they have not tested my mobile and said now it's working properly. I come back to my office and checked it again it was not working. I call RT outsourcing again. they ask me to come to their centre. I have visited again they again recheck my mobile and said we are not able to repairer it. I request them to give this thing in writing that you are not able to give services to me, then they have taken my mobile again and asked me to come after 10 days. I have called him after 10 days they are telling your parts has not come it will take 10 days more.

Now i request you to please see my problem last 25 days my mobile is having problem. RT outsourcing people are never given me any satisfactory answer. As a sony ericsson mobile user deceiver this kind of services. this was my first experience with sony ericsson Mobile phone. complant

Please do the needful

My work order No SE309RT610252
Created Date No 07/08/09

waiting for your response
better dnt buy Sony ericsson mobile
Dear sir

SonyERicsson
Customer Service Centre
Hyderabad
Dear sir my name is srinivas rao my work arder number is SE[protected] dated 09.02.2010modle is K810k where i request to do my problem the serivice centre taken so trabling to me trasible run around here customercare centre can you taken action against company executive name is jagdesh at siri communication 6-2--940/1 opp shadan collage khairathabad Hyderabad-500 004 phone no is [protected]., .[protected] where i given serviceing till there no progress to me my handset and lossing my possioncy till date to be cooperative with you executive name is Mr jagdesh lort of trobling to me sorry to say

thanking you
M Srinivas Rao
mobile no [protected]
Hyderabad
AP. India

Sony India Phone
    Sony India Address
    No 14/43 Hameedia Centre 2nd Floor, Haddows Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600034