Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews

1.3
Last updated May 26, 2022
Profile

File a complaint to Indian Railways

Having problems with Indian Railways?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Indian Railways customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Indian Railways

Mobile
2026

Indian Railways reviews & complaints page 167

Dear sir

with reference to the above ticket booked on dated[protected], that time the ticket wait list, at the time of journey date out of 4, one is confirmed, all are not traveled, the wait list amount still not received, complaint also booked, complaint no. W/SC/BZA/[protected].

Transaction id: [protected], Train No: 17255, PNR: [protected]

regards

K S Gopala Krishna

[protected],

[protected]@gmail.com
Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I subramnium iyyer went to power house ticket counter which is at durg bhilai chattisgarh, for reservation in which i need to go to banglore for my daughters treatment, i spent whole night to take ticket i show there is something wrong that the employee on the counter was indulge with travel agencies and while we are in line but they do not response us, i am very upset and i tealy feel bad that commen people do not get the facilities and when i ask for that they all are fire on me and shouted on me i want to make you inform that please take all this in seriously and do the needful so that a commen person can also take al the facility which you provide, may name - subramanium iyyer. Mob no [protected] please take some possitive action, after i go to the media and print media for the same. Date 19/04/2017
    Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I was travelling with my family of 5 from yeshwantpur/kadur to marwar junction by reserving 3 ac blank paper tickets (PNR-[protected], [protected]). We halted our journey at Abu road and got the same signed by the Station master at abu road on 3rd of April .
      In Addition, we had purchased a Reserved ticket for 4 o[censored]s from Abu road to Marwar junction (PNR - [protected])

On 4th of April, while boarding the train... A wrong train(Aravali express) arrived at the time of our train(Sultanpur express) and on the same platform which led to a confusion and we mistakenly boarded aravali express.
      We sat in general bogi with both the tickets(break journey and Sultanpur express)
      The TTE in Aravali Express asked us for a bribe of 500 rs...
      On producing the break journey ticket which was valid, he took the ticket from us and said it needed further validation and never returned that ticket till the end
      he kept asking for money and said if we dont pay, we will have to get down at the next station.

We were made to get down at FALNA Junction despite of having a valid ticket which the TTE said he had lost. The police at the station asked us to settle things inside the train and made us board the same train again

This time, the TTE warned us and talked very rashly with my wife and daughters. We kept requesting for our ticket back. When my daughter tried to capture video of the scene, he snatched her phone and made her delete the video. The ticket was never returned.

At Marwar Junction, the railway police did not listen to us and said the TTE had in turn filed an complaint on us.

We had to pay a sum of 1560 (Reciept no -F 0464098), The ticket fare being 560 and the penalty being 1000 rs.

I request you to hear my plea and take serious action on this TTI(Name-Ram nivas Gujar, TTI/ABR, Contact No- [protected]). The Harrassment caused to me and my family was immense. Kindly refund my amount and compensate the same.
      Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

This is to inform you that i had booked a ticket, from ludhiana to patna 12 dec 2016 in asr hwh mail (13006) but train is late more than 3 hours, then i filled tdr on 14 dec 2016 00:52:33 hrs but till now i haven't got my refund almost 5 months passed.
        My irctc id - virus_81 name - sachin rana

So please take any action regarding this issue asap.

Thank you.
        Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

My father aged 70 yrs and mother 62 yrs old along with my nephew 25 yrs old are going to travel in Duronto Express (Train No-22214) on 25/04/17. The PNR No is [protected] and seat no provided are as B2 43(upper), 46(upper) & 45(middle). As my father and mother both are patients. In spite of giving choice for lower births for senior citizens, the seats allocated are mentioned above.
          I therefore request you Sir, keeping in mind for Senior Citizens, kindly change the seat no and intimate through registered mobile no ([protected]) given during booking.
          Sujit Singh
          Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have booked ticket in train no: 13141 teesta torsha express from sealdah to falakata vide pnr no: [protected], transaction id: [protected] for journey dated : 18.04.2017 which was waiting list but today morning i got sms and checked pnr status where ticket being confirmed and seat alloted a1 33, 32, 34 (Sms time 18.04.17 0.93 am) and shwoing chart prepared after same time i have cancel my ticket vide cancellation id no: [protected] dt: 18.04.2017.

Where after cancellation sms showing "no refund". When i try to file tdr as per railways rules there is showing no records..

Pls need your intervention as a common people why this kind of mis guidance done by railways website, it is being developed for service of public.

O need your intervetnion for refund of maount rs. 4125/- of booking chages which i spend during booking..

Dhiraj sharma
            Kolkata
            Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I traveled in Ernakulam - Bangalore SF Express(Train No.:12678) on 16th Apr'17 along with my family with 2 kids out of which 1 is an infant of around 3 months.
              The train reached the destination with almost 6hrs delay, This huge delay caused inconvenience to my family as well as lot of travellers on that day especially who were travelling along with small kids.

We didn't understand why such a huge delay for short distance travel where each and every passenger like us were left with no option at the last moment.

If we had known earlier we could have done alternate arrangement.

Also one suggestion if the railways can send us an intimation of the delay well in advance thru SMS like how we get for Air/Bus travel it would somewhat give a breather.

Dear sir

I had reservation of three train tickets of kalka shatabdi delhi – chandigarh train no 12011 &pnr [protected] departure on sunday i. E 16.04.2017. On saturday at 6.45 pm i received following message reading as here under :-

Dear mr rawal,

Your train ticket with pnr [protected] kalka shatabdi train no 12011 to chandigarh has been cancelled due to technical reasons. We would request you to please send in your banka/c no and ifsc code to process your refund. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Having received this message i cancelled my hotel reservation at lemon tree and also my three air tickets pnr nos indigo khfgth from chandigarh to delhi on 18th april 2017 morning. The air tickets cancellation costed me a loss of rs 5300/-, which i digested since the train tickets for arrival at chandigarh were cancelled reportedly due to technical reasons.

Later on i received another message from the railway department at 8.58 pm i. E after 2 hrs 8 minutes from the first message, which is quoted as under :-

Dear mr rawal,

We regret to inform that due to some miscommunication by our technical team amritsar swarnashatabdi is been cancelled. Kalka shatabdi to chandigarh is scheduled at per departure at 0740 hrs. We regret to inconvenience caused

This message shook me, so much as i could not believe that indian railway can do this kind of joke with its travel customers. I immediately expressed my concern on your portal for the loss of my schedule meeting at chandigarh and the financial loss of rs 5300/- on account of cancellation air tickets. I have claimed for the compensation of the said financial loss, which has not been addressed so far. The claim was lodged reading as here under :-

Thanks but pl appreciate that had the cancellation been due to reason beyond control, i could bear the loss of cancellation of air tickets, but for your mistake you should compensate me for loss of rs 5300/-caused to me for air tickets cancellation. Pl do me justice for the sake your reputation.

This is serious of kind of lapse on the part of railway authorities, which must have caused a huge confusion and inconvenience to all the passengers booked for the journey. I request early redressal of my complaint and i request that my air ticket loss of rs 5300/- be made at the earliest. The copy of air tickets and cancellation confirmation from indigo has already been posted through my sms at your portal.
                Jun 02, 2017
                Updated by vsrawat303

I am forwarding herewith copy of my email seeking refund & compensation. None of my emails have been responded so far.

Finding no other alternative I am knocking your door for immediate redressal of my compliant.

I shall appreciate for your prompt action in the matter.

D. P. RAWAL
                M No. [protected]

Sir I booked ed my luggage from Bangalore cantonment on 8 mar 17 but I loss the receipt of luggage. So what can I do to take my luggage pl inform.

I observed abnormal jerks in train 12286 several times during my journey on 17-18 april before reaching final destination i. E., secunderabad.
                  Please arrange to do the needful to avoid any mishaps in future travels. I hope, it should be part of all critical checks before train departure on long distance routes.
                  The jerks have been observed at different speeds. Those were felt sudden and severe at higher train speed led me to...

Hello team,

I am shashi sharma from bangalore and i have booked ticked from bangalore to itarasi in karnataka exp 12626 pnr no-[protected] date of journey today[protected].

As of now my current ticket status is w. L 21 and i can see there is one option called premium tatkal where we have 3 ac 14, 2 ac 7 tickets are available.

Can some one explain me why this is happening if you guys are not able to confirm wl ticket then you are not suppose to issue ticket.

I need your valuable reply.

Note: as per customer care this is customer mistake why they have taken wl ticket they are not suppose to take. And they advice me you can go for premium tatkal ticket and travel you will get confirm ticket. But that cost me 4017 rs.

Shashi sharma
                  Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                  Sir, I was travelling on Visakha expresa on 8th April 2017 from Bhubaneswar but Most of seats n sleeper class are not properly cleaned, Garbages r found at it's starting journey station Bhubaneswar(BBS), passengers are facing lot of problems, so plz take necessary actions,
                  Expecting positive outcomes

Today while travelling in Allephey Dhanbhad express from Chennai central to Ongole, I faced the following issues:
                    • No electricity
                    • Most of them are unreserved people(Believe Hindi walas) where I didn't find place to stand itself
                    • The worst thing is, even after complaining this to TTR, he didn't take any proper action
                    •There seems to be no difference between the people who are properly reserving the tickets and unreserved people
                    • When we wanted to get down in Ongole station, unable to walk through as these people were sleeping in the path way as like worm
                    • The law says, Unreserved people inside reservation place should pay penalty or should adhere to the police complaint procedure but none of this been taken care of
                    • Feeling unsecured travelling in Indian railways, somebody should really take a valid action against this to satisfy its customer the general public
                    Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Till date didn't received my refund amount. It was paid online through my debit card. Its almost more than a week. Please refund as soon as possible

PNR:[protected], TRAIN:13113, DOJ:07-04-17, CC, KOAA-BPC, Dep:06:50,

Icici banks chowringhee branches
                      A/c no[protected]
                      Ifsc code - ICIC0000187
                      Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

It refers to our booking PRR no [protected] booked on[protected].

The above had not been delivered till date.

You are hence requested to look into the matter and arrange to deliver it.

Please refer the attachment for further details.

Have lost my Lenovo phone in yuva express from. Mumbai to hazrat nizammudin on March 24,
                      2017 (friday). Kindly let know if I can collect it back. I got off at mathura station..in second AC. Side berth

PNR Number: [protected]
                        i booked my ticket 18th march 2017, DOJ 16th April, waiting list that time 9 but after almost one month ticket not confirm. that was too disappointing indian railway service. i get mail refund amount Rs. 1125 credited back to my account. but whenever i booked i paid total Rs. 1425/- so why you deduct my Rs.300/-
                        first of after one month ticket not confirmed, facing many problem, because its return ticket. you get refund only 1125/. i am not satisfying. give me my complete amount.
                        its Rs. 1425/-
                        Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Today i asked the ticket vender of majri nangal (Mjnl) a hault station to provide tickets for alwar junction, but he provided tickets for khairthal which is 3 stations early from alwar junction. He told to purchase tickets for alwar junction from khairthal.
                          How a female/senior citizen can purchase tickets during traveling in train.
                          He doesn't come to distribute tickets many days in a month.
                          So many passengers have been charged for short tickets traveling.
                          Most of time he doesn't have tickets for particular stations. So many passengers are facing such problems.
                          Please provide deep attention to this issue asap.
                          Otherwise this hault station wil finish. People will face huge problem.
                          Sataypal ([protected]).
                          Email:- [protected]@hotmail.com
                          Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sir, I HV booked a cycle from jabalpur, mp for delivery at Amethi, up. by train.on 05 April 2017 vide receipt
                            no [protected]. But till date it is not delivered at Amethi. No where about of booked cycle known to me, nobody is giving response while asking about cycle at railway authority at railway station Amethi. Please look into the matter and instruct the responsible person for its delivery...With thanks
                            Apr 19, 2017
                            Sir still cycle was not deliverd to respective consumer at Amethi. Thanks, now delivered
                            Apr 18, 2017
                            Updated by pandeypnb
                            Sir, cycle is not deliverd as on today to the consumer at Railway station Amethi . How it is marked resolved .
                            Apr 19, 2017
                            Updated by pandeypnb
                            Sir thanks, the team, now delivered

Sr number 220650
                              Maq number [protected]
                              Coimbatore to mangalore

Dear sir
                              Please see the above reference for the item which is supposed to deliver at mangalore but by mistake porters delivered there at Kannnur station
                              It is fridge brought by mangalore engineering students for study purposes and it is to be submitted to the college today itself for evaluation
                              Kindly arrange to return the same to mangalore as early as possible
                              Parent of one of the student

Dear Sir
                                I have received a message "2 out of 2 pkgs of PRR No. [protected] unloaded at CSTM from train no. 11058 on[protected]:15". on mobile no:[protected].

Actually these packets have been booked from Gwalior (M.P.) to Patiala (Punjab).
                                The details of booking as "RSLRS 00754 31/03"

Please tell me when can I receive my packets in Patiala.
                                pleas inform me at [protected] or nitin.[protected]@gmail.com...
                                I would like to bring to notice of railway authorities the need for an escalator at the station.I had the opportunity to traval by Ajmer shatabdiand return same day with my wife.This was my first visit from gurgaon .But on return in night I was shocked to find there is no escalator to cross platform which is at such a height that an old man or sick person cant catch train if alone.
                                You will kindly agree that these days even small shopping...

I had taken a broadband internet connection from Railwire Internet Services for my DTP Centre.
                                After two days the connection was automatically disconnected. Even after repeated contacts the company or the dealer could not resolve the issue and reconnect the service. I had requested for refund of Rs.5150/- (amount I paid for installing the internet connection). But the company is reluctant to my complaint and request for refund. Help to get the refund.
                                Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

59728/Rewari - Sikar Passenger everyday departure late from the rewari junction railway station. It's departure time is 11:40 pm but this train departs after 12 am. Most of travelers are suffering from this problem. So take care about it and request to rewari station master please departs every trains on time to time. So every one can be able there homes on time.