Indian Railways Customer Care

Mobile:
Mobile:
2014

Bad

Indian Railways related photos (1513)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews

rajddn710
I regret to inform you that Internet reservation system through IRCTC website is doing unjustice to the single individual travelling by 3ac berth reservations.

I am told that it is system generated and I would say that the logic of reservation has been programmed by a human being and not a system.

Why cant railways look into such reservation issues where axe falls on only the individual passenger travelling long distance always their reservation berth is pushed to the door whilst other passengers with families always get berths in the middle of the coaches.

I always prefer Upper 3ac berths so that i am not getting disturbed nor do I bother people by sitting down. Your reservation system is such that I always get berth 3 or 62 number upper berth seat just next to the door.

What wrong have we individuals done to railways that they are metting out such treatment. Please change the logic of your reservation system so that individual doesn't get pushed next to the door. We are also paying the same amount of fares then why this discrimination.

I am also an IT professional and know very well that it is bad programming logic planned for single passengers and railways cannot raise their hands telling that it is a system generated issues.

You need to rectify this asap and end our miseries. System Generation is not automatic - this has logic programmed for a single passenger or multiple passengers but only single passengers have to suffer while others enjoy their every journey peacefully. Upper berth seat in 3ac is so close to the door that it is highly disturbing the person sleeping on their berths.

Frequent opening and closing the doors does not allow us to extend our leg fully. Moreover the height of the upper berth is too short even to allow us to properly sit - we have always to lie down as there is not enough ceiling space to sit properly. Why can't the railways redesign the upper berth structures. You can lower the upper berth and middle berth height so that there is enough space on the upper berth.

Finally, please do not give excuse of system generated reservation tickets - please rectify your reservation logic and come out with an amicable solution, positively.

Looking forward to your co-operation in this matter Regards rajesh saxena bangalore

[Feb 15, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Please look into this matter as it was unattended at IR Web Portal and status is still showing pending.

Are you going to change the system logic for a single passenger always alloted berth number 3 or 62 just next to the door whilst others get always their desired berths and enjoy their journey in 3ac coaches.

We don't want excuse that it is system generated afterall it is the logic designed and decided by Indian railways reservation rule personnel.

Why agents can always provide us the desired berths in a coach cause they charge us extra money for every ticket through them

Reservation counters and booking online shows that they have no power overriding such rules.

One more thing to bring to your notice that Ahmedabad does not have quotas enough while a small station called Balotra Jn has 172 seats alloted for Barmer Yesvantpur A/c train. Most of the trains for Bangalore has such a case and result of which we have to book our tickets from the station from the starting point and boarding station is Ahmedabad and we end up paying 300 - 400 rupees extra.

Why cant' Ahmedabad have enough quota alloted, please do something in this matter.

Smith Mehta
    Resp sir
    The people and many students in bhiwandi travel to thane and vasai from bhiwandi for business and study purpose and there is no local train connectivity in bhiwandi which creates a big issues for students to reach college and class on time the st busses are over crowded
    Kindly help the people by giving atleast a local train connectivity if i does it will be a great help for people staying here...:(

Indian Railways — Without platform ticket

rakuverma111
      Today i was purchasing something near Gandhinagar Jaipur railway station and i saw that one lady forgotten one...
      Complaint category Railways

mahesh99s
      We are travelling along with family return from Madurai in NCJ express (train No 16352)to renigunta on 2016.02.04, My PNR number is [protected]. we found TC was dealing with un reserved passengers in the coach for bribes against to issue reservation. suddenly when the train is near to vridhachalam TC came to verify the TKT .He is not bothered to check tkt but asked for ID proof.I have produced my driving licence .He argued with us that its not original you have to pay penalty 1800 Rs .when my wife asked why we pay when we are genuine passenger and travelling with ticket he abused my wife.
      He warned whether we pay penalty ( i thought in that way he expect some bribe in the name of wiving off said penalty)or cut journey.He said other wise i will call RPF.
      As it was insulting among the passengersit has caused to cut the journey at next stage Villupuram jn and bought a ticket again from there to Tirupathi for travelling in a passenger train.
      As the whole thing is just happened due to misbehaviour of the Ticket collecter and not accepting our ID proof even it is clearly showing .With some other intention the TC Mr. Sudhakar behavour has caused insulting to my wife in addition to lot of inconvenience during travel eventhough we travel with ticket and original ID proof.Hence request you to make justice against this incident .

Please find the enclosed my Valid original ID proof and Ticket bought from Villupuram to our destination on that day

Misbehaviour of tc while travelling with tatkal tkt
      Misbehaviour of tc while travelling with tatkal tkt

Indian Railways — Deducted wrong cancellation charges

nalini2789

I want to bring into your notice that I booked a railway ticket from kota to Ujjain for 2 people and unfortunately...
        Complaint category Railways

gv_senthilkumar
        Hi. I was traveling in the train 16340 coach S8 seat no 45&46 from Salem to Bangalore. I have to missed to take my utensil baggage kept under the seat.

[Feb 08, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

navink310
          I was travelling on train no 12351 - Danapur express. Its final destination is Rajendra Nagar. Train was stopped at a Gulzarbagh station which is not in its list and train status was marked as arrived at destination. Train was stopped for more than 2 hour. Later I came to know that this practice is happening regularly. My friend was also travelling on the same train and he also reported this anomaly.

Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Government Organizations

Narendra Kondeti
            It brings your notice that i traveled from Hyderabad to Tirupati in Narayanadri Express by booking Tatkal Ticket. I forgot my purse at my home. but i have all the my id proofs scan copies in my mobile . i have shown my ID proof Scan Copies to Ticket COllecter during the Journey, He accepted it . but at the time of Leaving from Station TC asked Original ID proof i have shown Scan Copy of My id proof. he did not accept and Rs.720/- fine imposed. Train No 12734, PNR No [protected], Date of Journey, 04.02.15, Seat No S4, 17. I Have shown all my scan copies ( PAN, AADHAR, Driving Licence, Bank Pass book, Voter Id) Original Scan Copies.

[Feb 05, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Avra Ray
              Today when i was returning from college at sealdah station at kolkata, west bengal.two security staffs at the southest corner (before the south ticket counter)with rifles in the barricade called me.i went there without knowing what was going to happen.they told me that i was spitting in station premises.though i was not.they told me to sit inside their trench like barricade. i asked them to take me to the authority and fine me.but they were not ready to hear not a single word from me.they beat me very badly.used slug language against me and my parents.they asked also money from me to leave me.then taking Rs.200 from me they left me.Is this type of people are now recruited by railway.if these type of people increase in railway...they just destroy the reputation of railway...these type of people should be taken care of ...
              Avra Ray
              (A student and a daily passenger at kolkata)

[Jan 25, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
              Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Law & Civil Rights

Madhurisi
                I am travelling from ndls to indore jn in AC 2nd compartment and at around 2am some unauthorized person entered into that compartment and stole my luggage which contains my laptop, watch, other essential and my official documents. Now its been 7days and nobody is ready to even loged my FIR. Please help and guide me what to do. Please

[Jan 24, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Amarjeet shaw
                  Dear Sir

I and many more people suffering from the circular railway of princep ghat, all the train were delayed by the schedule time approx 1/2 Hrs. Almost all train on daily basis. Today i journey by ballygunj/Barrackpore local 7.22 pm at Bbd bagh. And reach at khardah by 8.55 pm, which schedule time is 8.10 and its happen all time 5 out of 6 days. If any problem with this route then please block this route.
                  Please look into this, i requesting you

[Jan 19, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

simadri
                    I have booked a parcel from Valsad to Bhubaneswar with the PRR NO [protected] on 16 dec 2015. Till i have not received the parcel. I went to parcel office several time by taking my parcel bill and valid id proofs and id proofs. But the names mentioned the bill is differ due to which he denied to give the parcel. After as per the suggestion i provided the documents. but still he is not giving my parcel . he told that i have get an authorization from the parcel officer of Valsad. but the parcel officer of Valsad told that there is no need of any authorization. and told that i can provide the original parcel bill and valid id proof. but here at Bhubaneswar not accepting my bill and my id proof. please provide any solution for getting my parcel.

Simadri Giri Babu
                    System Administrator,
                    Email ID :- simadri.[protected]@gmail.com
                    My Home Industries Pvt Ltd | Archid Central | 2nd Floor | Flat No-315| District Center | Chndrasekharpur |
                    Bhubneswar – 751016
                    Mobile :- [protected]

Updated by simadri Feb 04, 2016
                    Pw bill/ltno a8486924. Prr no [protected]
                    Parcel booking date 16 dec 2015 booking from valsad to bhubneswar

Yesterday, i went to parcel office to getting my parcel, but they are charging rs 1134 for railway room service. The delay happens from the railway parcel department. Then why i have to pay the amount.The total cost of the parcel is not more than rs 2000, but for that i have to pay rs 1134 due to the delay of the railway parcel department.

1st time complaint made for getting status of the parcel on 26 dec 2015
                    2nd time complaint made for getting status of the parcel on 28 dec 2015
                    3rd time complaint made for getting the parcel on 30th dec 2015,
                    4th time complaint made for getting the parcel on 2nd jan 2016
                    5th time complaint made for getting the parcel on 19th jan 2016
                    6th time complaint made for getting the parcel on 28th jan 2016
                    Please find the attachments for details

Detailed case description
                    I had booked a parcel from valsad to bhubaneswar on 16 dec 2015. I went to bhubaneswar parcel office several times for getting my parcel. But not received any information. Even they did not provide any mobile number at parcel office for getting the status of my parcel.
                    On 26 dec 2015 i lodged a complaint on online with complaint number is w/wr/bct/[protected]. But did not received any information. So once again i made a complaint on 28 dec 2015 with w/wr/bct/[protected]. On the same day i got a mail from the customer care for getting my parcel. So i went to parcel office on 30 dec 2015 along with my documents. But the parcel officer requested for authorization of the sender for getting the parcel. On the same day i submitted the requested documents to the parcel officer but denied to give my parcel to me. So i raised a complaint on the same day 30th dec 2015. But not received any updates after making several requests. Again and again on 2nd jan 2016, 19 jan 2016 and on 28th jan 2016 i sent mail to the railway customer care office for getting my parcel. Not received any information till 31 jan 2016.
                    On 1st feb 2016 i received a call from chief railway supervisor (Mr. Mohanty). I went to parcel office along with my documents. But there he told i have to pay 1175 rupees for getting my parcel (This is the delay due to the parcel officer not informed the status of the parcel on the right time).
                    1st thing: not received any status of my parcel from the railway officer on time. For which i made complaint on 26 dec 2015
                    2nd thing: i went to parcel office on 30 dec 2015, the officer refused to give my parcel to me, then why i have to pay the rent, if they provided the parcel on that day i don’t have to pay any amount. If they don’t know the procedure for any problems why they did not approached the higher authorized personnel’s in their office. If they approached then the case will be closed on that day only. This shows the negligence of that officer. For their negligence why i will pay the amount.
                    3rd thing: if you take 1 year of time to solve an issue, then have i to pay 1 year of railway godown rent for a small issue which can be resolved with a few minutes.
                    4th thing: the actual cost of the parcel not more than rs 2000, for that i have to pay rs 1800 (Courier charges 350+ go down rent 1175+ auto charges 300).
                    Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Postal & Delivery Services

RajeshSaxena
                      I have always suffered travelling as a single passenger in 3ac indian railway trains. They always allot me the seat near the door. It is so disturbing throughout the journey. People moving in and out disturb us so much that it is difficult to extend our legs coz of not getting entangled in the door. Indian railways have least taken care of this issue where a passenger suffers like anything due to door coming in the way o[censored]pper berth. We cannot keep our legs straight due to frequent door openings. Kindly do something and why this railway reservation system allocates a single passenger upper berth next to the door. Railway agents have discretion of choosing any seats but passengers have no transparency of berths available till we confirm our payment. This way it forces us for cancellation and railways get a cancellation charge of rs 190 for nothing. Kindly give us a provision to let us know if at all there are preferable berths on the boarding train before payment is done online.

[Jan 18, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

mvaib
                        I have booked ticket PNR No. [protected] from Ratlam to Nimach for my brother Piyush Mittal departure on 16/01/2016 at 6:40 am. But the train he was travelling from Mumbai PNR No. [protected], train No. 01705which was scheduled arrival at 06:10 am was late by 80 minutes and arrived at Ratlam station on 07:40 i.e. 1 hour after the departure of the onward journey train. Also no alternate ticket or seat was provided in place of the missing boarding of train in any other alternate train by the railway. I tried to claim refund under TDR online but it is not allowed as the train has already departed. Kindly process my complaint and help with the refund of full fare with charges due to the negligence on part of Indian Railway by not following the time table.

Refund of ticket money

[Jan 15, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Prashant Oberoi
                          I had booked for 6 passengers on the on 14th December with PNR Number: [protected] where 1 ticket got confirmed and Mr. Suvabrata Ghatak traveled and the rest could not travel since the 5 tickets were wait listed. Then i booked 5 more tickets tickets on the same dates on a trains which was 2 hours later with PNR Number : [protected]. 1 out of 5 tickets got confirmed and again rest 4 remained wait listed therefore only 1 passenger named Abhijit Sarkar traveled and the rest 4 could not travel since passengers cannot travel on waitlisted etickets. I waited for quite a few days before filing a TDR for the refund of 5+4 = 9 tickets which eventually got rejected since it said TDR was filed beyond the stipulated time. Now i have 2 questions, why do i have a file a TDR at the first point since the wait listed e tickets get cancelled automatically and the money should have been refunded secondly when both the pnr's have the same passenger list except for the 1 passenger who got confirmed. How can the same people travel on 2 trains, there is no chance of falsely asking for a refund as well. When i called the customer care they said that i need to get the did not travel certificate from the TTe which was not told by the TTE when he saw only 1 passenger was traveling. Why do i have to run after them for refunds when a passenger traveling on waitlisted eticket is treated as traveling without ticket and the ticket gets cancelled automatically. Getting a refund for the same without any questions is my right. I had even told them in case it is our fault that we did not take the certificate the kindly refund the money for 1 PNR since the names are the same in both the tickets and it is not possible for 1 person to travel on 2 trains.

Refund being rejected
                          Refund being rejected

Darla Ramachandrarao
                            We're a 10member group of passengers had reservation to travel from Visakhapatnam to Madurai on dt.25/12/2015 by train no.12841&12637.The train 12841 reached chennai at 2200hrs late by 4.30hrs.Due to this we missed the connected train no.12637 from Egmore to Madurai which is left the Egmore station as per it's scheduled time 21.20hrs.No efforts were made from the Indiana Railway to send us from chennai to Madurai. We're not able to cancel the tickets because the connected train left the station. We have lost money, faced lot of difficulties and agony in reaching Madurai by road.kindly look in to the matter. Train No.12841 pnr no. [protected] [protected] [protected] Train No.12637 pnr no. [protected] [protected] [protected]

[Jan 14, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                            Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Railways

Indian Railways — Regular delay in arrival of mumbai express 12134 at suratkal, mangalore

pdsouza
                              There is a regular delay of departure of train No.12134 (Mumbai Express) train from Mangalore to Mumbai by atleast 2 hours...
                              Complaint comments  Comments  (1)Complaint category Railways

Manoj Kumar Jai
                              With lot of happiness we were returning home from the Parasnath Thirth Yatra on 02/01/2016. me and my wife with my two kids boarded the train at Parasnath at 1.00 am on 02/01/2016. I fastened the one suitcase & one Bag we had ( one blue & one green) with a chain under the seat in S 7 coach at our berths were no 50, 51 & 52 (02 middle & upper).Both the suitcase & bags were also safely locked itself & also locked with chain & padlock. After around two hours later at 3.00 am i woke up before gaya junction to check the suicase & bags are at their place. I found suitcase was stole by someone forcefully tilting the chain. I shouted that my suitcase is stolen with all holy clothes of my family 02 pairs of me & my wife with 03 pairs of my kids which were all new, as specially purchased for the pilgrimage & other belongings are gone. We approached the RPF staff at station who were supposed to guard the train from thefts who told us to look by our own & that we have to get down of the train & then only the they'll lodge the complaint. We asked can you help us to get the next train, for that they said no.., We pleaded with them as to how that is possible when the theft has taken place somewhere near Gaya station. Ultimately we spoke to the TTE who should be available in the compartment with security & not to allow the non social elements without reservation tickets, he said it is normal at that station. TTE who in turn was not helpful and he is responsible for our loss. Later on checking the complete train for around 02 hours we came to know that few more thefts taken place in the same train since last day 11:30 a.m. bag with mobile & credit cards of a girl, 8:00 p.m. mobile was stolen, at the same time when our luggage was stolen in adjacent compartment people also got their 04 bags lost & a lady got cut her ring from the finger. Moreover we came to know thieves target pilgrimage bound train compartments & trains in this route and this happens on and often in this route. Finally we could file a FIR at New delhi rly. station vide zero FIR no. 005 dt. 03/01/2016. which could reach on 11/01/2016 to the Patna S.P. TTE must be punished & also the RPF staff who should be their with TTE to remove non reserved passengers in reservation compartments. Kindly help us get our belongings.

[Jan 13, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Jatin Rathore
                                I have visited old delhi railway station last month, as i was thirsty i went to bought a ' rail neer' bottle from shop inside station . i asked how much price for this . shopkeeper said - 20 rs., i checked m.r.p. that was 15 rs. i showed him that, he gave a smiley response and asked ' bhai change h to 5 rs de de ' problem is that people are unaware and these people are taking more price on govt. product . i think railway department is going to think upon this ( 5 rs per head is a big thing ) and thank you so much to make such platform for registering complaints easily .

[Jan 12, 2016] Indian Railways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                                Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Food

ppalit_deb
                                  On 27/12/2015 myself along with my mother were travelling from Debagram to Sealdah by Lalgola- Sealdah passenger vide train no. 53178. Our PNR NOs are [protected] and [protected]. Our reserved seat no were 30 and 08 in Coach S1. But after boarding the train at Debagram R/S at coach no.S1the TTE of coach no S1 refused to provide us the seats at seat no 8 and 30. He said that our seat at on the bunks which are meant for luggage. After much persuasion he allowed us at seat no 70 for both o[censored]s after almost two hours. Though I showed the print out of the online ticket. I realized that the said TTE sold the ticket to other passenger who were coming from Berhampur. The TTE also misbehaved with us. The nameplate on his black uniform was illegible. I could read the first letter as "S". would you please take any action against this rouge TTE? The delay in lodging complaint as I were not aware of this on line arrangement for complaint.