Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews

1.3
Last updated Nov 30, 2022

File a complaint to Indian Railways

Having problems with Indian Railways?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Indian Railways customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Indian Railways

Indian Railways Phone Numbers

Mobile
2036

Indian Railways reviews & complaints page 287

I am a working soldier of Indian Air Force. I reserved my ticket on Free Railway Warrants. Due to service exigencies i surrendered my reservation and got the cancelled tickets on[protected]Cencelled tickets No.26680682, 26680683, 26680684 &[protected]. I went to Chief Ticket Superintendent, Izatnagar Railway Station on the same day to get Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR). But due to non availability of TDR, the Chief Ticket Supdt asked me...
PRN No, [protected], Train No. 4212(Intercity Express), Journey Dt 07/03/2009 Class- AC CC (Coach C1 & Berth No 11)

On 07/03, I was travelling from Asaoti to Agra by 4212 - Intercity Express in AC CC Compartment.

The coach was very duty, bad smell around the coach and it was so awful, which can not expressed. The chairs were very old, with broken condition and were in very bad shape

I expressed...
I wish to bring your kind notice about the attitude of indian railwars catering services.I have booked my reservation from ludhiana to kolkatta in Howrah mail along with mt 28 persons on 05.03.09 in 3tier sleeper class.The food whether snacks/lunch/dinner is served to us is very bad.the passenger has no option other than to eat food which was served by the railways.
I came back from kalkatta to delhi by air and then...
I have booked e tickets to Coimbatore and return. I have not taken prinout for the same immediately after booking. The Booked Tickets History page could not be opened....

Indian Railways — AC CHAIR CAR MISMANAGEMENT

this is with regard to the 7036 telangana and 7233 bhagyanagar trains and the placement of ac chair car coach which is totally unscientific and erratic causing inconvience to the passengers.Today my mother who is having appointement in mediciti hospital for operation tomorrow at 8am i, e 11.3.2009 and who is 78 years old was injured running for the ac coach which is totally placed at the tail end which was not the case regularly...

We traveled on train number 2860, Gitanjali express, on the 7-8th of March, 2009. We experienced surprisingly bad lunch and dinner service. We were used to getting rail lunches at Rs. 40 and that used to include puris, dal, rice, subzi, curd, pickle and water. Here we got a lunch (dinner) which had just rice and sabzi and charged us Rs. 45! We were told that the rules have changed from March 1st and that this is the status on all trains. We feel charging so much for so little is atrocious and such a change, if true, must be stopped. If it is untrue that there is such a systemic change, it would amount to the pantry people cheating us. Please do the needful.
Respected Sir/Madam,

This is Mohammad Shoukatullah from vijayawada, I and my family member travelled from bangaluru to vijayawada we found very bad lunch in the train no.7209 Seshadri express on March, 2010. We experienced bad lunch and dinner service. We purchased rail lunches at Rs. 80, Roti(3)at RS.30 and Lemon Rice at Rs.20.The railway food inspector use check the items, that they were good enough or not.If you don't take care of item supplied in trains then passenger who will travel longer distances will suffer from diseases.I hope you will take severe action to irradicate this type of food in trains.

This is regarding the cancellation of my e tickets booked on
    3rd june 08 from BDTS to UMB 2A.The *train got cancelled on
    the date of departure i.e 20th june 08.*I have tried
    cancelling the train from the BDTS counter but i was informed
    by the booking/cancellation clerk that e-tickets will be
    cancelled using the net .When i tried to cancel the e ticket
    from the net on the next day it said that the date of journey
    has elapsed.
    Please find below the ticket details of the cancelled train.

Transaction ID: *[protected]*

Indian Railways Catering

Rs. 849.01(CR)

*Please note that INDIAN RAILWAY CANCELLED the train, hence
    full amount (Rs. 1669.0 (IInd AC Fare) should be refunded to me.*
    ** *Please look into this on priority and refund the balance
    amount of Rs.820/- asap.*

Amit Sharma

Indian Railways — refund against cancelled train pending since 20th june 08

This is regarding the cancellation of my e tickets booked on 3rd june 08 from BDTS to UMB 2A.The train got cancelled on the date of departure i.e 20th june 08 at 23:00.I have tried cancelling the train from the BDTS counter but i was informed by the booking/cancellation clerk that e-tickets will be cancelled using the internet .When i tried to cancel the e ticket from the internet on the next day it said that the date of journey has elapsed.

Despite several reminders on mail, I am not getting the refund from INDIAN RAILWAYS.Would request you to look into the matters as railway people are sitting on the issue for the past 4 months.

Would appreciate if a legal notice be send to the department against the harrassment .

If required I can produce my mail communication with the [protected]@irctc.co.in and [protected]@irctc.co.in

Please find below the ticket details of the cancelled train.

Transaction ID: [protected]

Date Of Boarding:20/6/2008

From: BANDRA TERMINUS(BDTS)

To : AMBALA CANT JN(UMB)

Boarding BANDRA TERMINUS(BDTS)

Resv Upto: AMBALA CANT JN(UMB)

Coach No: A1

Distance: 1572 KM

Seat No:
    0042/SU

Adult: 1Child: 0

Total Fare: Rs. 1669.0

Scheduled Departure: 23:15
    I HAVE PURCHASED A 3AC TICKET FOR THE JOURNEY ON 18.02.09 FROM HOWRAH TO RAJAHMUNDRY BY CORAMANDAL EXPRESS. AS THE SAID TRAIN HAS CANCELLED ON THE PARTICULAR DAY AND I COULD NOT CANCEL THE SAME AT HOWRAH. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER CAN I GET THE REDUNF NEXT DAY AT RAJAHMUNDRY.

Indian Railway — Overcharging by licensed vendor at Jhansi station

I want to bring to your kind attention that I was traveling through Mangla Express on 5th of March when I reached Jhansi in the mornig near about 7:15 AM on my way to Delhi. There I went to a shop named Miscellaneous Store, M/S Pravesh Kirana Store, Jhansi station to purchase a toothpaste having MRP as 10 Rs. But the shop owner bluntly declined to sell it at the MRP price and asked me to pay 5Rs more on the pretext of his earnings...

I have season pass in my name on which I did not had my sign.
      Instead of educating me to sign on the ticket. ticket checker collected Rs 200 fine.
      And he was threatened me to handover to police for full night. Also his conduct with me was very abbussive and I felt very much like insulted.
      When I tried to question him, he said "Do not talk much, Otherwise I will make it worst for you. I will handerover you to police and they will keep over night. give the fine and get lost".

I was not aware that I have to sign on season ticket.
      However he could have been polite and could have educated me to do so. than collecting the fine.
      Also, to the people around me, it sounded like I am a criminal and/or I have committed some serious crime. I felt I can not do anything about the situation and went home.

I felt that I am powerless. I have to bend to such people otherwise police could have trashed me all over the night.
      Yes you are Right some time it happens on emergency we could not take platform ticket by mistake or over crouded in Q or lunch hour the TT checker specially ladies are sent to see and they are so arrogant and if we tell or clear or tell our matter they all already planned to tell one word that you are catching a women and this type of vulgar things are done in Indian Railways . One important thing is that " THE INDIAN RAILWAYS ARE VERY SINCERE TO COLLECT IMPROPER FINES RATHER THAT WHAT OTHER 100% DRAWBACK IN INDIAN RAILWAYS TO CLEAR " SO THIS MUST BE TAKEN AS A SERIOUS MATTER BY CENTRAL GOVT AND PUNISH SUCH TT CHECKER WHO VIOLATE AND HARRASHED THE PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF WOMEN GENDER AND FOR THIS THE POLICE ARE INVOLVED 100% WITH OUT ANY DOUBT AND LIKE THIS CASE HAPPEND IN COIMBATORE RLY STATION WHEN A JOURNALIST WAS ABUSED AND TAKEN ENOUGH MONEY BY A LADY TT CHECKER ON 29th of JAN 2010 JUST ON EMEMRGENCY THE PLATFORM TICKET WAS NOT TAKEN 600 RS TAKEN BY THESE LADY CHECKER THEY MUST BE CHECKED BY RAILWAY ATHOURITIS IMMEDIATELY . BY REQUESTING THAT IT WAS AN UNGENT MATTER AND SHOWN THE IDENTITIY PROF OF PRESS THEY ABUSED LIKE ANYTHINGS ITS A SHAME BY TT CHECKER TO A PERSON ABUSING LIKE ANY THINGS LIKE THEY ARE CRIMANALS THIS MUST BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY .ACTION TO BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY TO THESE TT CHECKER FOR ABUSING PEOPLE THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS TO INSULT IN THE NAME A TT CHECKER ITS A CRIME ON HUMANITY FOR ABUSING AND MAKING UNWANTED CHARGES AND SHOWING THAT THEY ARE VERY SINCERE TO INDIAN RAILWAYS FOR THERE DUTY AND TAKING BRIBE AND NOT SHOWING ON RECIPT TOO.

BY Journalist " TN "

Indian Railways — Wrong allocation of seat/berth for confirmed tickets and corruption in parcel services of railways

Dear Sir
        First complaint
        I am an Ex Indian Army Officer and this issue actually requires a legal attention. But as afirst step I am informing you for neccessary action. It is the worst what Indian Railways can do for its customers who travel with tatkal reservation in asecond calss compartment.
        I was travelling with my wife from Mumbai to Trivandrum on netravathi Exp. From Mangalore onwards people were rushing inside...

I and my wife travelled from Lucknow to Secundrabad on 28.1.2009 by GKP SC Express in 2A class vide PNR number [protected]. The bedsheets, towel, pillow cover and blankets, provided to us, were of the most inferior quality. They were stinking and pale yellow as if they had been simply pressed after last passenger(s) used them. On asking for a replacement, we were denied as according to the attendant on duty, all were of the same quality. He gave me a big lecturer about the growing nexus between the cleaning contractor and high officials including Mr. Lalu Prasad Yadav. He also refused to provide the complaint book.
        It is disgusting to travel for about 30 hours with improper linen. I would appreciate to have comments from concerned authorities.

Dr. A.K. Goel
        Dear Dr.
        you have done two mistakes, first raised that issue with attendant/TTE while travelling.
        Second .. again raised these issue with these nonsense forums which don't have valid contact details.Better to raise it through railway board itself the have their own complaint system, pls serch theier website.
        Wellwisher

Indian Railways — Time table, Pantry car

Online information and services from Indian Railways has been improved a lot in last few years. But it is very unfortunate that most of the divisions of Indin railways does not have on line time table for their subarban trains which is a real necessity for daily passengers. Hope Indian railways will soon publish online suberban train time table.
          I am a regular passenger in Howrah-Chennai Mail ( 6003/6004)which runs between Howrah...

Indian Railways is one the biggest public looting organisation; a perfect example of daylight robbery. The ticket checkers think they are the most sincere officers in the country. When it comes to providing services for which we travellers pay, the services are non-existent or they are nominal as against the full amount paid by the traveller. Wehn it comes to small faults in the train ticket like wrong age, wrong name spelling, wrong gender, the ticket checkers are very duty conscious in imposing fines. If the railways wishes to behave however it wishes to, then so are travellers, The problem is that many o[censored]s travellers put up to such nonsense. If the railways does not provide decent services or no services at all, why should we co-operate in showing our tickets? If the ticket checker tries to behave to smart, we should be even more smarter...

Indian Railway — Deficient Service

I was Travelling by 2611 MAS NZM garib rath on 13.02.2010. The train was running late by 7 hrs. No breakfast was provided in the morning. After repeated requests Chilled and stale Bread and Cutlet was provided at 11.30 a.m. Therefater no lunch was served. After repeated request to the Pantry staff, Cup Noodles was provided, the printed MRP of the same was rs.10.00 and it was sold for Rs. 25. Sheer blackmailing of the Stranded/hungry passengers by the railways/IRCTC and the Pantry Contractor. When asked for complaint book it was refused. Finally I lodged a Complait with the TTE.

Railway must arrange for paid food if the train is inordinately delayed

Indian Railways — deficiency of service at Bangalore city station

The arrangement for buying platform tickets at Bangalore city Stn is totally unsatisfactory.The automatic vending machine is always chocked and non functional.at platform no 1 and no7.The counters meant for platform ticket are ineffitient and they can not cope up with the demand for platform tickets during rush hours..Result the visitors should be prepared to spend at least 15 minutes to get their platform tickets.Pl look into this complaint and take remedial action.
          I travelled by Train no. 2494/Bangalore Rajdhani express on 16-Sep-2010 from H.Nizamuddin(NZM) to Bangalore City (SBC). The catering service was very poor. During dinner on 16-Sep-2010 night, curd was not supplied. When enqired, the catering service boy told that the curd is exhausted. The next day (17-Sep-2010) morning breakfast was supplied at 09:00 a.m., night dinner was supplied at 09:30 p.m. Pickle was not given.Coffee sachets were also not given instead of Tea kits. When enquired, I was informed that the packets are exhausted.
          The food was good and tasty.
          My coach is B4, seat no. 00001.
          Please take note and rectify the shortcomings.

This is in reference to my journy back to Navi Mumbai from Boisar...I went to the ticket counter and asked for a memo ticket for some wiered reason i thought i was late so i asked the ticket counter guy weather memo has left or no...he said no and gave me a ticket and i proceeded to the platform ... but when i reached tghe platform i realised tat the train left 10 min back ...so i went back to the same counter and asked tat person to change the ticket and give me express train ticket tatis InterCity but the guy refused to do the same (he is the same guy whom i asked weather memo has left or no)...i asked him why he gave me wrong info. abt the train ..he flatly refused to accept his mistake ...ans inturn told me tat it is not his duty to give us info abt the train...and i assume its not like tat ...if a person from railway dept. is not aware abt the train timing there arrival and departure then its an absolute shame coz boisar is a small station its not even like every two minutes we have a train passing ...however if your staff is not aware abt the train 's arrival and departure, they should make it clear to the passanger and not give them wrong info...neways tats fine then i told him to issue a new ticket to me for InterCity(Same person )he did issue a new ticket with a very rude facial expression...and asked me for 1 rs change ...i said i dont have 1rs. he said i have to get it ...but i did not had a 1 rupee with me so he refused to give four rs back coz i did not had 1 rs...then finally i had to leave tat 4rs. with your employee and leave...so tat i could get my train...I must say this is absolutely shamefull on western railways part...there appointed employee wanted to eat tat 4 rs so he troubled me for 1 rs change...he would have asked me for tat 4rs directlty, i would have happily given it as a chatrity to him ...
            This is the wrost experiance tat i had till date with western railway...i would be glad if some one from the greviance dept. will revert back on this mail...I dont have the ticket issuers name with me ...but i have the date ...time and the ticket with me ...thx
            i completely agree to you seena, these are public servants or public headaches?

you know this kind of situation keep happening almostly daily with someone,
            these people are so stubborn, they never except their mistakes, they consider themself
            too be the prince of that place instead of public helpers.
            regarding money part this 5 rs. wud definately help him to get his one cigrette and some other from
            other passengers, so such people daily stuffs get fulfilled by this type of cheatings.
            i really don't know when things will change

but such people should be treated like the same they treat with others
            Dear Sir, I returned a ticket for TDR on 09th janauary2009 for the refund of Bairagarh to Jabalpur.Till date I've no received any info.or amount.U're requested to take the action immediately against these type of complaints.
            Complaint

To,
            The Manager,
            Western railway,
            Ahmedabad.

SUB: Regarding ill behaviour and unexpected manners from a railway employee

Respected sir,

I am the student of engineering in L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad. On 25th February, I was going to my home to baroda and so came to railway station ahmedabad for intercity train which was at 2:40 p.m.

I was in hurry and so I directly get to 18 no. window which gives ticket on the spot for baroda. I got exact amount with change as per the rate and was following exactly what railway have provided for us.
            But there I found an employee Yogesh Naik attending window no.18 at that time.
            First of all he refused to give me ticket on the same window though I have change with me. I have asked him regarding this and told him about rule of window no. 18 and to give me ticket.
            But he refused to do so, so I told him to call the officer above him but he show me other person next to him and represented him to me as his officer. Yogesh Naik told him that I am his railway minister and I will teach him the rules of railway and do whatever you can do and after all this I missed my train. Thanks to such persons.
            But as I have no time so I didn’t complained but now as the responsible citizen I need to make aware you regarding the work of such lazy employees.
            Window 18 is for fast recovery of tickets if we have change with us, if we cannot use them then whats the need of its existence and what the need of such employees just increasing burden on the government’s treasure.
            I have informed you now please do necessary steps.

Thanking you,

Patel Ketan V.
            (M)[protected]
            E mail id: [protected]@yahoo.co.in
            Dear sir we journey from Nadaga to Mumbai central by AVANTIKA Exp. but my ticket is not confirmed.
            TICKET PNR NO.[protected], 3A/C. PL. CHECK & GIVE REFUND TO ME.

Western Railways — wrong informations

Dear sir, It is really shame on the part of Railways that they can not provide correct information to the people.on 11.07.2010,The schedule time of train no-2472,swaraj exp is 14.00 hrs.at Surat station,when I enquired to helpline phone no:- 139,I was informed that train is late by 30 minutes & on the train timing web site it was showing the train at right time,even after one hour to it's departure time.the information displayed at station was late by one hour whereas the train came at 16.40 hrs i.e late by 2 hrs & 40 minutes.
            In present era the space shuttle go to space & return though there is not a one second difference in the scheduled timings so where our railways standsssssss ?
            Similarly thousands of complaints has been lodged till date that to book a ticket in Tatkal Quota by a indivisual is impossible in india, but no solution has come till date ????????????? Please do something.
            Ramesh Rathi
            [protected]@gmail.com

Indian Railway Ticket — Non receipt of refund of cancelled ticket

I have booked two e-tickets through IRCTC website. Same both the tickets bearing PNR No. [protected] & [protected] were cancelled on 05.01.2009 but I have received amount of Rs. 826/- i. e. payment of only one ticket in my ITZ account card No.[protected]. I have not received refund of second ticket. I have sent them two emails for the same but till date no reply is received. Please do the needful in...

I am Chanchal Chatterjee, Son of Dipak Chatterjee, Vill+Post- Gangajalghati, Dist- Bankura, Pin -722133.
              Today I went Burdwan for tution, when i return Durgapur from Burdwan by chance i got 1.25 p.m local train train because it was late, and my ticket was issued at 1.31 p.m on 22/02/2009. When i got down from train at Durgapur at 2.30 p.m a cheeker caught me and asked me which train did you come, i replied at 1.25 p.m train but he told but in your ticket it is 1.31 p.m, then you must journey in express train, and charged me fine 250+ express train extra fare 36= RS 286. and i had no way to proved that i was right. He gave me excess fare ticket.
              My ticket no[protected]
              Train no- 3151 UP
              H-140423
              Station name- Durdapur
              ERMV- [protected]
              Aug 13, 2020
              This is to inform you that day by day the corruption in railway department is increasing and TT's are asking for extra pocket money for alloting seats. In kanpur Central there is one person in Current reservation counter Mr. B Goshwami who is so misbehaving peoples and using abuse words and never alloting any ticket to anyone. Only ignoring by saying excuses and alloting only those who are giving extra money. I have gone on 14/04/2010 to this person for current reservation to mumbai as one of my relative is expired and he had not given any seats either confirmed or waiting and instead of this he had alloted to another person by extra money. And along with this in the train also all the TT's are doing that the person who is giving extra highest money are getting seats and the waiting list and RAC ones are same. I kindly request you to take some action against this person immediately and also other TT's because now I am going to complaint in all the railway related government offices because now the corruption is to much in UP

Thanking You
              Rahul Agarwal

I HAVE BOOKED RESERVATION TICKET BEARING NO.[protected] WITH TWO PASSENGERS NAMELY DS CHAUHAN AND SMT SUMAN SINGH IN CHITRAKOOT EEXPRESS ON 19.2.09 FROM LUCKNOW TO KATNI.ON FINAL CHART I WAS ALLOTED ON SEAT IN RAC-47 AND ONE IN WAITING NO.1.THERE WAS VACANT SEATS IN AC-3 TIER OF THE SAME TRAIN BUT MY WAITING TICKET AT SL.NO. 1 HAS NOT BEEN UPGRADED AS PER EXISTING POLICY OF RAILWAY.FOR FREE UPGRADATION OF WAITLISTED PASSENGERS IF THERE ARE VACANCIES IN AC-3 TIER I HAVE CHARGED UPGRADATION CHARGES VIDE RECEIPT NO.P-226359 LUCKNOW STATION.
                THIS IS AGAINST THE POLICIES OF RAILWAYS DECLARED BY HONBLE RAILWAY MINISTER SHRRI LALOO PRASAD.I MAY PLEASE BE REFUNDED AMOUNT OF ONE TICKET.
                2302 KOLKATA RJDHNI NEW DELHI HOWRAH JN GENERAL
                Date[protected]DD-MM-YYYY) -- 1A ---- 2A
                [protected] AVAILABLE[protected] WL 43/WL 7
                [protected] AVAILABLE[protected] WL 10/RAC 9
                [protected] AVAILABLE[protected] AVAILABLE- 0065

If you notice, on this Sat/Sun (22nd and 23rd), I see that 2302 NDLS-HWH Rajdhani 1A has availability - whereas 2A is W'listed.

So while charting, would the computer use some logic to move 2A ticket holders to 1A (free upgrade option) and accomodate more people on 2A (increases revenue)?

What is the logic in use in such cases? Is it the ticket holder who booked first gets an upgrade or it's anybody (computerized lottery ) who can get an upgrade?

[protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][protected]
                10. The passengers will be selected randomly by the PRS System as follows:

(i) One PNR from the list of general passengers confirmed after RAC/WL management in charting

(ii) Next PNR will be randomly selected from the confirmed PNRs booked under the Tatkal scheme.

(iii) The above process of alternately selecting from the General Confirmed list and Tatkal Confirmed List would continue till all eligible vacant seats areb filled by up gradation of passengers or till all the Wait-listed passengers had been confirmed.

(iv) The remote location passengers confirmed against source berths will not be upgraded.

(v) The berths of confirmed passengers, who have been upgraded to the higher class, will be allotted to the RAC/WL passengers of that class if, there are still some berths vacant then these vacant berths will be allotted to the confirmed passengers of the next lower classes.

(vi) All passengers in one PNR (maximum 6) will be upgraded together or none of them will be upgraded in case enough berths are not available to upgrade all of them in the same coach.

(vii) Passengers will be upgraded without asking for their choice e, g, SL. to AC/FC coach, cabin berth to side berth, lower berth to upper berth, cabin level compact accommodation to coach level compact accommodation. However, if any passenger exercises 'NO' option for up gradation in the requisition from at the time of booking, his/her PNR will not be considered by the PRS for up gradation. Requisition form will be suitable amended to opt out o[censored]p gradation scheme.

(viii) Party consisting of both full fare paying and concessional passengers will not be upgraded to avoid splitting.
                I have booked a ticket from out agency PRS counter at Shillong.PNR no.[protected] &[protected].due to problem I had to cancel the tickets but unfortunately the people sitting in the counter says that they have sort of money & same excuses they are giving since last four days.
                the attitude of the people sitting in the counter are disgusting, non-coperative and shameful.They are more interested in entertaining the brokers and ask bribe.the PRS is run by the people of state department Megalaya transport corporation which is a sick organisation, from 3o'clock till 5o'clock every afternoon they closed the counter due to load shedding and doesnt bother to start the Generator, no matter how much you request.
                Therefore I request you to kindly open your own railway counter for the service of the people of meghalaya and discard this MTC people.

I wanted to travel between Bellary to Bangalore on 13th Feb, 2009, since the tickets were in waiting list, ticket under tatkal scheme between Hubli & Bangalore in Train no. 6591/Hampi Express (PNR No. [protected], Seat No. 033 Coach No. A1).

When I boarded the train in Bellary Jn. at 21:30, I came to know that my seat was allocated to some one else. When contacted, The TT, informed that since I did not board the train in the starting station he has allotted my seat to some one else. I tried to convince him that I have booked the ticket in Tatkal quota and I must book the ticket between starting to end station, he was not ready to listen. Also I was informed that he cannot help me to get any other seat in the train. As the train had already started I was helpless.

At last after waiting for two and half hours the TT, allotted me a seat in a three tier coach. Through out the journey I tried to call the IRTC 24*7 help line[protected], but no one picked up my call.

I want to get clarified with the following points,

Can a ticket booked under tatkal scheme be allotted to another passenger if the passenger does not board the train in the starting station?

Because I traveled in a 3A class in spite of booking the ticket in 2A, will I get any cash back?
                  I request you to kindly do an enquiry and get back to me at the earliest. I request you to hold an enquiry with the TT and punish if found guilty and see that such incidents do not repeat again.

I also have a recommendation, while booking a railway ticket in IRCTC, passengers mobile no. would be given hence sending an SMS to the passenger before allotting his seat to some one else would have averted all the confusion, you may try to implement the same in your system.

I am also planning to take the case to consumer court will it help not to repeat such incidents and punish the guilty.
                  Just because you paid for the seat or berth does not mean you will have it available to you if you do not show up at the starting station as shown on your ticket - the railways are free to allocate your seat to anyone else - unless you do as follows - I have used this facility many times - it works.

There is a specific entry to be made on the reservation form (Boarding at Station...) which most people ignore - and it does print out with this notation on the ticket - for example, "Reservation from Hubli Jn, Boarding at Bellary" - which still means the Railways are free to use your seat as they please from Hubli to Bellary, but you are guaranteed your seat for the journey from Bellary onwards.

Hope this helps for the future

Dear Sir

I had booked my cycle ( TREK 4300, value Rs 21, 460) in the luggage compartment of Train (4310 Dn NDLS - SDAH) Ticket number 838850, dated 10th February 2009. I put my cycle (which was in a carton box) in the luggage room myself in new delhi before boarding the train. The cycle did not reach sealdah and the officials were least helpful - al they could say was "if the cycle is not here what can i do, come back in 2 days). I have made 4 trips to the station and there is no news of the cycle. They are fearing the cycle is stolen or at the mugalsarai station. Please help with tracking the cycle - i have used the cycle for riding from kolkata to delhi for climate change and need it for similar activities - retrieving my cycle is very urgent for me please help and advise next steps.

Vinay Jaju
                    Dear sir
                    I had booked my MotarCycle on 27/03/2010 at Rajamundry, to send from Rajamundry to Nandyal Station.RECEPT No : 623993 . But till today My motarcycle did not reached to Nandyal. It is very urgent for me. please help and advise next steps.
                    B.Ramamohan Reddy
                    cell : [protected]
                    I booked my motor cycle TVS Victor GL R.N. DL 6S U 3176 from Old Delhi railway station vide railway parcel receipt no. 072117 on[protected], for My home town MADHUBANI Bihar.

But very regret to say that my Motor Cycle didn't reach to destination till today.
                    When i confirm from booking agent he replied that by mistake motor cycle recached to Jalandhar instead of MADHUBANI.

You are requested to kindly look into the matter and search my Motor Cycle.

My Mob.No. [protected]
                    i booked a motorcycle from nagpur to dimapur via howrah, receipt of which is 405336..on date[protected], it was send from nagpur but has not reach dimapur till today...i urgently want to know where is the bike and if it is still in howrah please do send it to dimapur at the earliest...

imsuyatet-[protected]
                    thank you.
                    Dear Madam/Sir,
                    Greetings
                    I have booked my byke yamaha frazer on date 28/04/2013 from chennai central railway station for Patna through railway luggage on my ticket because i was traveling on same date. My receipt number is 3253894 .
                    Its is almost more then a 8 days and i have not received my byke and also i dont know the status.Kindly update me on this issue as it is very urgent for me because i am going abroad. My Mail id is (akhlaque_4u19862yahoo.co.in)

Akhlaque Ahmad

I traveled in First A/C between Haridwar and Jaipur on 4th Jan 2009. I found the level of cleanliness to be extremely poor. There were cockroaches and rats in the compartment and the Carpets were very dirty.
                      When people spend money to travel in First A/C the least they expect is that the surroundings will be clean.

I also observed in two different trains (while traveling from Indore and Baroda from Jaipur) that there are power points in A/C III tire but there were none in A/C II tire. I and others had to go to 3 tire to charge our mobiles and laptops.

On Jodhpur Platform 1, I observed that rats have dug tunnels below the railway tracks. While speaking to a few locals on the platform I realized that they have heard that these tunnels run all through the length of the platform and that they expect that one of these days when a train is parked on that Platform, the tunnels will break and the train will get stranded. You might want to direct the attention of the officials to this problem.

While traveling from Jodhpur to Jaipur my father got the middle berth in the side section which he found to be fit only for a small child. While speaking to people in the train he realized that most people who had been alloted those berths in the past have found it to be extremely claustrophobic.

Also can you let me know the penalty which one has to pay when he/she is caught without a platform ticket?
                      Aug 13, 2020
                      we manufacture "noiseless ultraosnic rodent repeller" model skt- nurr 05 which will give 100% prevention to the entry of pests such as rodents, bandicoots, rats and mice and also 100% protections from subsequent damages/destructions done by them. our product may solve your problems of rodents permananently with warm regards
                      [protected]@hotmail.com contact no [protected] / [protected]