Standard Chartered Bank

Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Good

Standard Chartered Bank related photos (281)

Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews

U
Aug 6, 2018
Dear scb customercare,

Netbanking for my account is not in active state, kindly confirm me why you inactivate my account without any notification? And previously also same thing happened that time you said sorry for inconvenience it wont repeat again, but again same problem am facing, kindly activate my account and transaction pin as soon as possible

[Aug 06, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Aug 2, 2018
    Dear team,

Closure of standard chartered saving a/c no: [protected]

With reference...
    Aug 1, 2018
    Dear sir/madam,
    I anwar husain shaikh holding scb manhattan platinum credit card no. [protected], i paid 5934/-...
    Jul 30, 2018
    Indore, Madhya Pradesh
    Hi standard chartered bank team / rbi, mp : rbi delhi /

This is in reference to below mentioned complaint...

Jul 27, 2018
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Iam Manojkrishna residing in chennai.
    I have availed home loan a/c no – 49630229 on 06June2018 an amount of Rs.33, 09620/- for which I have been paying my emi of Rs.33, 074/- on 2nd of every month from My ICICI current account till date. Another loan as Insurance premium top up of Rs.90, 380/- for which I have been paying emi of Rs.986/- on 2nd of every month from same ICICI current account till date
    I was offered from Bajaj Allianz Bank with low interest compare to SCB Bank, so I informed SCB Bank that iam willing ti transfer my loan from SCB to other bank and enquired the steps to proceeded further to close my loan account in SCB B and to get my original house documents. I got the PTQ mentioning an amount of Rs.26, 44, 024.40/- as my outstanding amount to be settled including interest of that month from SCB bank on 19 June 2018 . By 26/06/2018 I issued a cheque, cheque no:464701, amount – Rs.2644024/- through Bajaj Allianz bank as mentioned in the PTQ issued by SCB Bank and I was awaiting for my original documents to be received. Then, I was asked to pay an interest amount of Rs.25, 976/- from SCB bank, which I paid on 29/06/2018 through cheque, cheque no:-355090 and I was informed that I will receive my original documents within seven working days on realisation of of the cheques.
    The said amount got cleared from my account and 15 days left but there was no response from SCB Bank, I contacted customer care and enquired about my status and I was shocked to hear that my loan is still active. I reached T.Nagar, Chennai SCB Branch to enquire, they told me to settle the other loan i.e, Insurance premium topup for which they will be sending the PTQ which will take another 15 days to receive, I was wondered and wrote a complaint on 10/07/2018 through email - customer.[protected]@sc.com that I have closed prime loan of Rs. 26, 44, 024.40 + Rs.25, 976/- but iam not getting my original house documents and to close the other loan will take another 15days which was informed to me after one month. After writing that complaint within two days i.e 12/07/2018 I received the PTQ mentioning Rs.74001.72/- for that loan. Since 14th & 15th was Saturday & Sunday, I given the cheque of Rs.74001.72, cheque no-355091 on 16/07/2018 and got a acknowledgement letter mentioning full closure and I was informed that within 7 working days I will get my original documents.The said amount got cleared from my account on 17/07/2018.
    But as of now I haven’t received my original documents, when I checked with customer care, they are saying my loan is still active and when I enquired in T.Nagar SCB Bank, the bank official Mrs.Venesa told that they have received the fund, but why the loan is not closed they don’t know. She raised a complaint and told me that will revert back as early as possible. But two days left no response from their side, when I contacted customer the same your loan is still active, again I reached T.Nagar SCB Bank I enquired she is saying still she didn’t any revert back. And when I asked why is it so she is getting irritated and telling me that she is doing her job, what job it is, your responsible for a customer complaint and you are not proper solution and inspite of that you are getting irritated.
    The other bank(Bajaj Allianz) is going on asking me the original which I couldn’t get from SCB Bank. Its been almost a month went and I have fully settled my total outstanding as mentioned in PTQ issued by you
    Is this the way you treat the customer, Past one month I was tortured like anything because of SCB bank which created a serious issue on my health. I feel mentally tortured and I kindly request you to sort out this issue immediately as iam answerable to another bank.

manojkrishna
    5/2 Andavar Nagar 3rd street
    kodambakkam
    chennai-24
    settled my outstanding loan-not receiving my original house documents

[Jul 28, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Jul 24, 2018
      Mumbai, Maharashtra

I was holding scb account in 2002 but it was not closed on time by me.

Penalty of that i am facing today in my cibil which is highly impacted due to this scb card.

Now new owner of my account is shaha finlease was surprised how can a mnc bank sell the customer cofidential details of customer to the nbfc.

Shaha finlease officer contacted me and helped me to close the account and got ndc on time

[Jul 24, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Jul 23, 2018
        Hyderabad, Telangana
        I got a mail that my relative died in uk. My relative chandra sekhar had money in uk. To receive that money they said that...
        Jul 20, 2018
        Delhi, Delhi
        Dear Sir/Madam, I have recently applied for new Credit Card (Super Value Titanium) and have received the same. Credit Card...

Jul 13, 2018
        Tiruvalla, Kerala
        I am an SCB customer for more than 10 years. I have been paying my bills regularly. I have not done late payment many times. This time, I got confused about the dates and missed by a day. In fact, the due date for every cycle is around 18th of every month. But the due date was mentioned as 16th for the month of June-2018, which I paid it on 17th-June-2018.

I called the customer care to roll back the late payment fee. But I didn't get any positive response from SCB. As a regular customer, SCB could have waived the late payment fees.

No Late Payment Fees on Credit Cards Till 3 Days After Due Date
        As per RBI, late payment only after 3 days can be charged.

So please consider this complaint and do the needful.

[Jul 23, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

P
          Jul 12, 2018
          Ahmedabad, Gujarat
          I was having salary account (Savings) in kalyani nagar, pune branch. as i left my job at state street syntel pvt ltd, i requested them to close the account, instead they told me that there is no need to close as it is zero balance account and requested me to fill the form and didn't tell me about monthly average balance. Now they are deducting monthly average balance (Mab) charges due to which my account is going to negative balnce and affecting my CIBIL score.they called me after my previous complaint ID:199068 and told me it will be resolved and updated the complaint as resolved on consumercomplaints.in also. please me in getting close this account.

Jul 9, 2018
            Fake mails or what?

Standard Chartered Bank,
            Thread needle St-
            1 Basinghall Avenue,
            London,...

Jul 9, 2018
            Bengaluru, Karnataka
            Standard Chartered Business development executives(Credit card marketing executives) are doing fraud job of making false promises to customers while opting for the card. e.g. In my case they told me it is a life time free card and there will be 5% cashback on all utility bills with no minimum transaction limit. Also they told I will get a call from their back-end team to confirm about all these terms and conditions before processing the application.

Reality goes here:
            1. I never received a call to confirm these terms and conditions, after a week's time I received the card itself.

2. Now I am using the card from ~1 month, Utility bills cashback is not reflected in my first statement, I tried raising this with StancChart support team, they said it will reflect in the July statement which never happened.

3. Annual fee of Rs. 750 + 18% GST is charged on the card in first statement in spite executive said the card is free for lifetime. When talked to Customer support about this they said its chargeable card.

So it is my sincere request to please refrain from opting for standard chartered credit cards, they are just fooling people by making false promises.

Updated by [email protected] Jul 09, 2018 Moreover the executives involved in marketing, documents collection and processing the application and their managers are now not picking up the calls and not responding to the sms as well to discuss about these issues.

Jul 8, 2018
              Hi Team
              I entered my cvv no wrong three times and still I got the message to do the transaction . Infact I had done the transaction with wrong CVV no please see my latest two transactions of rs 14000 and 100. I want the assurance of you how u can prevent my account from fraud . Please provide justification asap and my complaint no is ‭[protected]‬.
              cvv

[Jul 19, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Jul 3, 2018
                Ahmedabad, Gujarat
                Dear customer care manager

My name is Md Shahidullah. My date of birth is[protected]. I have my loan account No. 49771884 with you.

Since last 3-4 months I have been charging penalties without any communication / information. Please clarify it for what are you taking money from my bank account ??

Awaiting

Thanks with regards
                Md.Shahidullah
                ​New Delhi
                Call: +91-[protected]

[Jul 04, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Jun 30, 2018
                  Bengaluru, Karnataka
                  This is with regards to an annoying call that i received from number: [protected]. She says her name is Ramya. Not sure if that is a righr name.
                  I received close to 3 calls since morning and theb came call from this so called Ramya. Even before i could explain her that i am not interested in any loan, she cut the phone on face. That was so irrtating. Would you please train your employees not to bother people with more than one call a day. And if we are not interested there should not be any more calls coming. This lady will have to be retrained on calling people or will end up spoiling the name of your bank. She cannot be calling to say hello and hang over the call.

Hope you retrain the team.
                  Thanks in advance,
                  Ashwini Raveendran

[Jul 01, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                  I have my own credit card from 1998 from last year i got a new enhanced credit card i need to use it ., i need of pin number

Jun 29, 2018
                    Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
                    Bank reply:
                    This is with reference to your Internet Banking query dated 25 June 2018 regarding credit card account.

We understand that you wish to convert the transaction in your card account number ending with 5317, into Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI).

In this regards, we regret our inability to convert the transaction into EMI at this point of time. We hope you understand that we are just adhering to policies.

We wish to apprise you that the Equated Monthly Instalment(EMI) facility offered to our customers are based on various factors such as card usage, repayment pattern on the account and total credit line being offered.

Further, we request you to continue usage of your card and like to add that, we will certainly review your request for Equated Monthly Instalment(EMI) facility in future which is subject to necessary approval.

My Reply
                    Great !
                    In that case I have only option of withdrawing my card and Account and close all services with your bank.
                    Its very sad
                    that at the time of offering card your bank person says “our bank will provide KUCH BHI ON EMI facilitation from first days for every transaction above 5000”.
                    Now your Executive says you have some norms on which you will decide EMI availability or not and for every future transaction I have to reconfirm with customer care regarding EMI Eligibility.
                    UTTERLY NONSENSE
                    I m a credit card user from past 7 years with many banks (HDFC, ICICI, SBI ) and I have never experienced this kind of inconvenience.
                    As a valuable customer (if you really feel it.)
                    Take it as an Advice or a Complaint and resolve it if you can as soon as possible .

A Company follows norms is good, but they should be much easier for the customer.
                    If a customer is unsatisfied and confused.
                    Than do some thing for it .

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST

Your bank employee and your customer care executive have miss - leading and inappropriate information.
                    In that case you’re gonna to loose your valuable customers in future like me.

[Jun 30, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                    I have recently recived a mail from Gildroy Elizabeth, who has a request to accept the money she is sending me as for charity purpose. And the bank she mentioned is also involved in the same fraud. I kindly request you to take a severe action regarding this inform me about the same.
                    Recd. A mail as of 2017, sakole the attorney for submission of details of bank. Pls look in the matter, as it was told she is a patient of CANCER and wait for 4/5 weeks.

K
                      Jun 28, 2018
                      Satrikh, Uttar Pradesh
                      In june, 2017 i checked my credit report. It was shown there that i have an account with standard chartered bank for credit card. Its account number is [protected]. Status of this account was shown on site as "suit filed and written off" and amount overdue as rs. 31837. I have never used this card. My financial credibility was being tarnished, just because of this card, that too which i never used.

Then i requested standard chartered bank to sort out this issue, so that i can purchase new master credit card and after number of repeated requests they intimated that the problem has been sorted out. However, today when i checked my credit card report it showed that there is a status quo and again they have charged rs. 218 for the month of march, 2018.

It is a sheer attack on my financial credibility. This should be checked, otherwise this bank can repeat same activity with other customers too.

K s sahni

M: [protected]

[Jun 28, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Jun 28, 2018
                        Sydney, Australia
                        I’ve sc credit card, which was expired on feb, 2018.
                        I have already contacted many times that i haven’t received new card and no cards displayed on my account to make payment and all.
                        U just advised me to get ready with inr.24, 600.
                        See my question is, how can i make payment without card details (Nothing displayed on netbanking). Same i informed you guys.
                        Now 26, june2018. Card is displayed with over internet multiplied. Now inr.35, 800.
                        How now it’s getting displayed previously why not? How would’ve made payment previously without card? Also, now without any single notification you guys charged more than inr.1000??
                        All i want is justice.
                        Til now i have lodged many complaints no proper response.
                        Do i need to complain with police as mine is cheated or what?
                        Fyi, i have moved to another country so i can’t visit local branch same i mentioned in all my enquiry, complaints.

Jun 25, 2018
                          Delhi, Delhi
                          I got a sms on 8/4/2018 and a call from bank asking detail of transaction for rs.15085 and after my denial they said some invalid transaction is being observed against my card and they would block the card and will issue the new card.
                          Also the amount would get revered post investigation.

Post that i received an email on 25th april 2018, stating :

With regard to transaction valued for rs.9080.74:

We have received a direct credit of rs.8776.48 from the merchant agoda reservation on 09 april 2018 and the same has been credited to your card ending 4267. This credit is reflecting in your statement dated 10 april 2018.

Further, we have arranged to credit the difference in amount of rs.304.26 which is subjected to necessary checks and approvals.

With regard to transaction valued for rs.15708.11:

We acknowledge the receipt of the filled in dispute declaration form. We have forwarded the same to relevant unit for perusal and further investigations.

Further they shared the merchant details against transaction valued for rs.15708.11, which had proof as some thing was ordered from us and got delivered to jaipur using paypal.
                          Against which i have already confirmed bank that this order was not made by me or my family.
                          Also the delivery add was different and the delivery made was different, it was not delivered to add mentioned in the proof of document shared by bank.

I am still struggling on this and bank is charging daily interest which anyway would impact my cibil score.
                          Would be thankful if i could get some help in resolving this.

[Jun 25, 2018] Standard Chartered Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

J
                            Jun 18, 2018
                            Hyderabad, Telangana
                            I am JAL BIHARI SINGH and given a ECS cancellation request (reference of SR[protected]) to NFC, New Delhi 110065 branch office...