State Bank of India [SBI] Complaints & Reviews

1.4
Last updated Jan 21, 2022
Profile

File a complaint to State Bank of India [SBI]

Having problems with State Bank of India [SBI]?

File a complaint and get it resolved by State Bank of India [SBI] customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

State Bank of India [SBI]

Karnataka

State Bank of India [SBI] Phone Numbers

Toll free
1800 425 3800

State Bank of India [SBI] reviews & complaints(26124)

i withdrew Rs. 15000/- from Barabanki ATM on 07/06/2007 but it said transaction Failed but the amount was deducted from my A/C bearing A/C No. [protected]. Later i Reported this Matter to Bank Manager of Mawana branch & Distt. Magistrate Barabanki, but no action was executed .
I had sent an E-mail to Chairman SBI Mumbai but till now i dont have any responce from there .
Please Help me as i am in need of that amount.
if possible then contact me at [protected]

I was using SBI credit card NO [protected] and paying all outstanding regularly but in-between SBI credit card asking to pay the outstanding of Protect Plus Insurance premium and interest charges without my any information. Now SBI card given a bill of Rs. 4000/- lumsum and regularly harassing me through telephonic call. Please take a necessary action against bank and give proper guide line.
    Hi. I am also facing the same problem. I applied for the SBI Credit card last year in the month of June. And they activated the insurance on the card without even informing me. I did not get the statements until February this year. I called up the customer care department asking them to cancel the insurance as I never applied for it. But they instead told me that I need to pay 10, 000 rupees to deactivate it. Do they think I am a fool to pay this much amount just to deactivate it???!!! First, they said that it cannot be activated without my signature but after sometime the lady from the customer care department said that even if it was activated without my consent, I must have called her within 3 months to remove it. I was in U.K. when this insurance thing got activated on my card, so there is no way I could have signed for it. I just told them that I am not going to pay any money as I do not need any more insurances...They keep calling me 5-6 times a day asking me to pay them the money & I am just sick of it now. I have totally stopped using the card. And I swear to God that I will never use any SBI services in my life again. I am ready to file a complaint against this as they keep calling me every hour & I am a working woman, so it really disturbs me.

SBI card issued me renewal card No [protected] recently. The card recieved was found to be inactive. The response from the customer service in this regard is extremely unsatisfactory. Kindly look in to this and necessary corrective action may kindly be initiated.
      Job Joseph

I received my bill of statement period on 2nd april 2008 on 17th april 2008. with a payment due of Rs 1181.24 to be paid by 22.04.08 . on 18.04.08 a cheque issued by me bearing cheque no.853369 dated 18.04.08 for Rs 1182 drawn on ABN AMRO bank M.G road Gurgaon, which was dropped in the drop box lying at m/s . Marwah Medical store, D- block, Opposite Bhagat Nursing Home, Janak puri, New Delhi (who is authorized by SBI Credit Card Department to collect payment on their behalf.)

now since last one week I am receiving calls from collection department for this payment, as I assume that this cheque is misplaced by their courier boy somewhere in transit.for this I am nowhere responsible.if you can send your men at my office I am ready to issue another cheque against this payment.

As I came to know that they have debited charges for late payments amounting to Rs.360 for which I am not guilty.
        therefore you are requested to waive my late payment charges and send someone to collect cheque from my office with confirmation of availability on my mobile.

Also some cofirmationrequired about my missing cheque that you will not present my previous cheque against this bill
        Read comments
        Dear Manager,

Sub : Cheque not cleared - [protected]- regard- Credit card

With reference to above, As i was deposited my cheque in sbi bank, Ekkatuthangal branch on 19.01.2009 and till date it was not cleared. My cheque no 505844, Bank of baroda, St thomas mount branch. KIndly take the necessary action about this issues and give the feedbaack for the same., Last month also this samething was happed due to the cheque delay, My cheque was cleared on 26.12.2008 in my statement rs.26.12.2008 cheque no-505842, But your call centre executives called and to clear the due amount of Rs. 663 /- from 30.12.2008 to 10.01.2009 . My cheque was posted on 20.01.2008, But my cheque was cleared on 26.12.2009 . and i spoke the Mr.Biju regarding this one, He asked me to sent the bank statement report for credit card reference, afterthat this issue was sollved.So kindly clarify this isues and favour to your valuable customer.

Kindly explain in details
        Yours sincerly
        M..Sudhakar
        My account number :
        Deposited cheque no :
        Drawee bank & branch
        ho 476 abadi nerhu colny majitha road amritsar
        My credit cards no is [protected] if bank holidays thrice in a weeek than how can panaltilise fine charges on my monthly statmenr

my ppf ac no.[protected] with sbi, ballygunge branch, calcutta.i had deposited a cheque of 70000. on 19.06.07 but this amount as yet has noy been credited to my ac.my three visits to the bank only is a waste of time.There is no body to listen toy you, one is asked to go from one counter to another in same floor or different floor without any feeling for customer. employees attitude is as if they are oblging you by listenig. i think a senior officer posing as a customer should experince it, if this is the behaviour at so called largest bank in the country, god helps this country.pl. look into and let me know.

State Bank of India — About online sbi

To sbi online Group
            Respected sir,
            I am having a saving A/C of sbi a/c no [protected] i want ONLINE facility...

One fine day in 2006, I was slapped with an fine amount of 31, 000 with other charges attached with it in my SBI Credit Card statement. On enquiry it was learned that the amount was for the Ready Cash DD. To my surprise, I had never requested for any such DD or did I get any DD in my hand.
            I had been continously following up and logging complaints with SBI Customer Care...unfortunately no results came out.
            To the worst of it after sometime I started getting calls from their Recovery Agents.
            After being harsh my luck changed. The Principle amount of 31, 000 got reversed. But again due to lack of professionalism the interest on same was not reversed. Today the interest has amounted to 11, 700.22.
            Once more the saga of calls from the recovery agents started. After many calls and exchanging of words, one of the recovery agents asked me to meet an Executive at GE Money, A-41 Vinmar House, MIDC Central Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai-93.
            Somewhere in first half of Feb 2008, I met Mr. Ameya V Manohar (Executive-Payment Assistance Collection). After he verified the issue, he too was surprised with the entire 2yr episode. He directed/requested the Customer Care to reverse the interest amount being charged and asked me to check with him after 15 woking days.
            Unfortunately, till date the issue has not been resolved and now the same executive is hard to find.
            Finally I had no choice but to call the Customer Care once again. History was repeated and I was once again given a complaint number.
            Today out of the blue I received a Demand Notice from Lawyers Inc. Advocates & Solicitors of SBI. The letter threatned me to pay up the amount or else to face legal procedings. Same has been duly signed by Advocate-Rajeev Agarwal.
            I fail to understand...is there no coordination between the Customer Care, Recovery Agents and the head Office.
            Why should I face all this, despite the fact being the I have been informing my issue from day one.
            I want to know if they say i have received the DD where is the DD same time what is the proof that I have recd the DD. On what basis I am being mentally harrased.
            Plz help me to get out of this unwanted mess.

Dear Sir

I had applied for pan card for my wife to UTITSL near one month ago and paid up the necessary fees on same day, but till today after one month of application i had not received the same.

As per the claim of UTITSL they issue PAN card within 15 working days but in my case its more than 1 months time they take and still i have not received the pan card of my wife, I request you to do the needful so that i can get the card immediately.

when i am enquiring about the card at utitsl enquiry site the status showing is that card despathced on 29/03/2008 but till this date i have not received.
              Applicant Name: Smt Bhawana hotchandani
              Application No.:[protected]
              Coupan No.:[protected]
              Hello sir,

sir my name is gaurav juneja i opened a account in SBI on 13 oct but I did not recevie my ATM card.I registered my account in (delhi sec 24 branch rohini) please revert back me soon my account no is [protected]

I have very weired expereince with SBI housing loan processing. I have meet one of marketing person from SBI ( Swati Pathak) She told me that processing could be done within 3 weeks so I have decided to choose housing loan from SBI. This person was in touch with us till we file the documents but now I am doing follow-up from last 1 month and no body is taking this on priority. Builder is putting pressure on me for the payments but bank has very different priorities and is not able to process my loans on priority. I am not sure where I can file the complaint about the same. Also I am not sure whether to apply for loan to some other bank after almost 1.5 months. Please suggest.

I have also same case with SBI. After 1 month they proudly tell me "give one application you get your file back in 1 week" instead of considering priority or understanding my problem. I am currently getting charged 24% interest rate from builder.

Whom so ever it concern
                  Card no.[protected]
                  Very un happy situation has been created by using the SBI credit card. I am not recieving bills and to contact the customer care it is in chennai which is cost bearing. So I was waiting for person to collect money. All the time I have payed money against to my payment to the recovery department person.
                  When i talked to the person from recovery department he has convenced me that out of Rs 12000, Rs 5000 will be waved of and remaining 8000 can be made by Rs1100 monthly emi. If it is continued I am ready for continuing the card or please finalise my account.

kindly do the needful help other wise i have to approach through the court of law
                  couldnot agree more, cause I too had bitter experience with Mr Manish . Presently I have not asked for any card yet they are claiming payment by raising a bill for anual payment, with there T & C. my foot.
                  Whom so ever it concern

Card no.[protected]

Very un happy situation has been created by using the SBI credit card. I am not recieving Statements every month so i m geting very difficult to pay my bill so i enable to pay my bills. and i wont know my balance and panalities so send me the Statement through courier or Registrated post to my billing address so thankful bank authorities and i should pay bill regularly every month with any panelities.
                  I am a platinum card hold and my card number is [protected] .I have paid the amount through cheque vied no 842001 of Axis BANK dt 29/10/2011 for Rs 8, 000.00 but it had been returned unpaid and to me it is informed by[protected] after the last date of payment so next day only i have remitted a sum of Rs 10, 000.00 but unfortunately sum of Rs 500.00 is levied on me as a late fee though their exist no any my fault so I request kindly not to deduct Rs 500.00 as a late fee collection
                  thanking you all
                  AKELLA SREENIVASA RAO
                  GEOLOGIST

State Bank of India — extra charges on my account

hi
                    please be advised that sbi card has been taking charges on my credit .when it comes to communication
                    they...

We are extremely sorry to say that the SBI management have again failed to deliver a commitment in time, this time it’s the DD against offer on cash limit on my credit card .

On[protected] one your gentlemen from the call center informed us about a bounty offer and offered to take us available cash limit in the form of DD payable at Vijayawada with a charges of about rs.350-00 Though we don’t need it and also at this huge price (your charges) we obeyed only to test you to see as you fail every time to send it, ONLY after YOUR commitment that the instrument will be dispatched from Vijayawada and will be delivered to us within 48 hrs (i.e. two days) from the date of telling OKAY.

The date of acceptance is[protected] and the date of receipt is[protected] evening 5-35pm.? ! Even if we send it for collection on[protected] morning before 10-00 am the amount will possibly get credited only on[protected]. We need to pay this rs.6000-00 about by[protected] as per your PROTOCOL. So this amount will be with us just for 19 days which includes 3 holidays as well, at a superb interest rate.

So for 19 days paying an amount of about rs.350-00 for a principle amount of rs.6000-00 can be paid only by persons who make either HYIP or IP businesses. Since we don’t belong to that category, we cannot bear such an amount and hence are returning it SINCE WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT IN TIME as per your commitment.

We don’t want to comment on this extraordinary delay since its out of our perception and limit, but please see that we are interested to cancel it right away as it will not be useful for us, its useful only for you.
                    Aug 13, 2020
                    Can i cash my ICBD (International Certified Bank Draft) from State Bank Of India having a saving account

State Bank of India, Tarapur Industrial Estate — harrasement by SBI employee while opening new saving account

I, DR surya prakash gautam, working as Medical officer in TAPS, NPCIL, boisar is mis behaved & harrassed by Mr pimple,...

State Bank of India, Mehrauli Branch, New Delhi — MISSING LEFT IN MY ACCOUNT

I had transferred an amount of Rs.5, 000/- from ICICI, Connaught Place Branch to SBI, Mehrauli Branch. When I visited SBI...

1. I am disappointed to bring the following to your kind attention. I am Captain in Indian army and have been a customer of SBI since inception. I write to you to apprise you the utter discomfort we suffered in ‘SBI MAIN BRANCH, MATHURA’ on 18 Apr 08.

2. My father (who also has account with SBI; and a running home loan too from the same main branch, Mathura) applied for education loan on 16 April 08 for my sister’s higher education.

3. After having pursued on urgent reasons your bank agreed to give first draft (first installment worth Rs 1, 90, 000.00 )on the afternoon of 17 april 08 as I had to take my sister to delhi for admission early morning the next day;( and this fact was well conveyed to all concerned in your bank).

4. Bank called my father on mobile at around 1 pm on 17 April 08 and asked to come with stamp papers (worth Rs 200 & ten revenue stamps) for formalities.

5. I accompanied him on all occasions.

6. We were to meet MR JOGINDER PAL (Mob No-[protected]), MANAGER RASMECCC. He got everything processed. He obtained 6 signed blank cheques (Foil No-943267 to 943272 of bank account No.-[protected]). He also obtained signatures of my father & sister on the blank stamps papers (two; worth Rs 100 each) & on the revival form. All other relevant documents were already complete and through.

7. Before leaving, we asked if there was any other formality needed to be done at our end for completion of the process. He in reply said just to collect the draft at around 4pm.

8. At around 3 pm the same day (one hour before the given time) MR JOGINDER PAL called my father on mobile & said, “the draft can not be issued unless you deposit Rs 63000 approx (one third of certain margin amount), which came as a shock as it was told for the first time then.

9. I reached bank at 3:30 pm & enquired the reasons for the same .I questioned why this kind of clause was hidden till final moment.

10. This edgy development at the eleventh hour shattered my plans to leave the next day for admission with the draft amount. I am in no circumstances capable of depositing such amount.

11. COMPLAINTS:-

(a) Why such an important clause of depositing 1/3 amount of the margin amount of the education loan was hidden/not shared by MR JOGINDER PAL till last moment even when asked specifically as in para 7.
                      (b) I had to abandon all my plans for admissions the next day.
                      (c) UNCOURTEOUS BEHAVIOUR: - MR PAL argued on my query. I said, “You have been in this chair for SBI for so many years and should have done your duty well by apprising customer all such important rules. You can’t miss & in fact should have all basic rules on finger tips”. He turned rude & apparently did not like being questioned by me. He said, ”you should better look for other bank in case you don’t like this.” I said, ”I don’t expect this line from you & now I will definitely follow the case. You should know how to deal with a customer.”
                      (d) Is there any clause like this in education loan?

12. FINALLY, I submit that I don’t want to take any education loan. I would request that my all relevant documents (including 6 signed blank cheques) may please be returned safe.

13. Despite this, I would like to appreciate the cooperation & good work done in initial stage by MR K.K.SINGH, C.R.E.

14. I am sorry I could not afford to be brief as your format desires.

Thanking you.

MALAY MISHRA
                      CAPTAIN
                      [protected]@gmail.com
                      Sir, have you received my corrigendum PPO No S/CORR/053143/2011(ARMY) fwarded by Crntral pen processing centre, Allahabad and have been credited the amount in my account No [protected], please intimate at the earliest. Thanks.

I nilesh chandra singh have applied for an educational loan for persuing M.B.A studies in pune. I have applied for loan in between 15 to 20 mar & they haven't replied to my application for one month and after putting pressure on them they rejected my loan, on very uncertain statement. the statement proceed as the applicant i.e.(me) is in B.tech final year and they don't issue loan to those candidates who haven't finished up their graduations, whereas this clause was not given in the form which I have filled and not even in the E-site of sbi's eduaction loan. when asked them for clarification of the context they simply said that it is company's policy. so my question is this if it is a company policy then why it is not written in the application form. they have waisted my one month's time for no reasons, I want you to take stiff action aganist them. waiting for your reply and thanks for helping us.
                        Dear sir/madam
                        It is hereby I want to state that I am a student and persuing GNIIT(software engineering)
                        and unable to pay the total amount of this course for which I have applied for an online education loan .I went to the branch nearly 7 times but yet I have got no success. and also have got a merit rank of 8694 inthe NITAT exam this year for which I got 10%discount on my admission .For more I also provide a guaranter but still I have got no success.so please help me for which I can go ahead.

I am Abhay Kumar, on 02/08/2006 I had opened PPF A/C No: [protected]
                          at SBI Prasanth Nagar, Uppal, Hyderabad-500039.

For Financial Year[protected] I received correct Interest Credit on my Deposit &
                          On 31/03/2007, Balance in my PPF A/C was Rs.50, 807/-

For Financial Year[protected], I made five transactions in my PPF A/C as follows:
                          Date Deposit
                          04/04/2007 Rs.1000/-
                          04/05/2007 Rs.5000/-
                          03/06/2007 Rs.3000/-
                          05/07/2007 Rs.3000/-
                          04/11/2007 Rs.6000/-

On 04/11/2007 I applied to transfer my PPF A/C to SBI Karimnagar-505001.

On 26/12/2007 I went to SBI Karimnagar & Deposited Rs.18, 000/
                          Into my transferred (New PPF A/C No: [protected])

When I updated my Passbook on 26/12/2007 Balance in my new PPF A/C was
                          Rs.71, 605/-

On 31/03/2008 I Received Interest Credit of Rs.1792/- & Total Balance is Rs.91, 397/-

I have not received the Interest Credit for 2 Months (November & December 2007) into my New PPF A/C

By transferring my PPF A/C I am not getting Interest Credit for 2 Months (November & December 2007)

Though I have submitted a Written Complaint at SBI Karimnagar, but they are not listening to my complaint.

Advice me what to do.
                          i have the same problem

PPF interest for the year 2007-08 — PPF interest for the year 2007-08

Sir, I have PPF A/c No. [protected] at Rahuri Branch, Ahmednagar (MS). The interst shown for the year is Rs. 30628, However at actual it should be Rs. 33, 494/-.Necessary corrections may please be made at earliest. Thanks
                          Yours faithfully,
                          Dr. Sharad V. Pawar
                          To.
                          The Branch Manager,
                          SBI. Prasanthnagar,
                          Uppal,

My coliege suresh has been convert $2570/- and deposit my joint account No. [protected], whether amount credited or not, if credited how much amount credited, kindly let me know, please look into the matter, treat this urgent, this is E or S. account.

Kindly write reply at the earliest, by e.mail id. kvsn.[protected]@rediffmail.com, and [protected]@rediffmail.com.

Thanking you,

K.V.S.N.RAO
                          TANZANIA. E.AFRICA.

I wolud like t open a PPF A/c what is the procedure of same,

thanks
                          how to apply the Business agency or ppf account.

I had applied for being RAILWAY SBI CREDIT CARD but still I had not received, inspite of your infection and all detail taken by your boy and it all ready pass nearly two month time
                            my mobile no is: [protected]
                            I was offered the SBI Railcard, through the IRCTC, They mentioned it as a * Free Card, No membership fees and gave me the card. Before i recieve the pin number to activate the card, i received the statement for an Annual membership card fees of Rs.580 + Service tax. When i contacted SBI, they say it is a chargeable card, please clarifiy with IRCTC. I dont know why these Reputed banks are playing a full with the customers like this. I have asked the bank to cancel my card.
                            Respected Sir, I Offerd SBI Railway Card Through IRCTC, they Told Me That its is a Free Card, But today I got Sms Alert Saying that Ur amount has been dispatchd and u need to pay before 2 sep. The true is Till Now i dint make any transaction throught this card? So I dont Know How they are Getting Amount? please clarify on this
                            last 6 times call from sbi rail card bt stell not visit me my cell no is[protected]
                            I want to cancel the SBI Railway Card ( Cheating Card )

I Get this card for the below reason
                            Free, there is no registration fee
                            SBI, Genuine Bank
                            Railway, Central Government.

But they are all lier, they are fooling me(customer).
                            Still i never make any transaction through this card, but my due amount is 777.35
                            This is inform you that I have resived a msj from sbi card -your state ment date 18-feb-10has been dispatched.. total amt duof Rs 662.65 or Min Amount of Rs 461.88 is payble by 10-mar-10- sbicard.
                            But we have do'nt resived any card from sbi
                            Please look into the mater
                            I have submitted my rail card application online i have recd. call from the bank he enquired with me and assured to come back nothing happance. no body is responding my cotact no. is [protected]

I have an SBI A/c No. [protected] (SBI, Delhi University Branch).
                              Yesterday i.e. Sunday, 13th April, 2008, at about 4:15 pm, i was making a transaction with SBI ATM Shakti Nagar, Delhi. In between the withdrawal process of Rs. 17, 000, when the Machine was about to dispense the cash, the ATM machine got restarted and then stopped completely.
                              I then went to a nearby canara bank ATM to check my account and found that Rs 17, 000 transaction was made and amount deducted from my account. I called the toll free number of SBI, they told it will be back automatically within 24 hrs. But until now, after 36 hrs, amount is not reverted back and I have lost my hard earned 17, 000 rupees. Please tell me a resolution if possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Faraz Alam Ansari.
                              Dear Faraz

This is a general problems an usually happen with SBI ATM.

Go to your Branch with am application with the time when it was occured .
                              The ATM manager of your branch will rectify the transcation and cr. the money of 17000/- to your a/c
                              regards
                              Problem faced during Cash withdrawl using SBI-ATM
                              Respected Sir,

I, Arjun Kumar Sah holding S/B Account No.[protected] with State Bank of India, Sitalpur (Code - 5786), Chhapra (Saran), Bihar to withdraw Rs.10, 000/- from HDFC Bank ATM, ALWAL, Secunderabad (AP). ATM ID S1ACHY21 at 19.22 hours on 01/02/2011, ATM Card No.[protected] but I do not receive any ammounts and any reciept. Due to some problem in the ATM. I have reported this matter to my related branch 01& 03/02/2011. But I have not gate any wel sugession about this resolved problem.

Therefore, I would request you to help us to resolve the matter and arrange to credit Rs.10, 000/- to my above savings account urgent please.

Thank you Sir.

--- Arjun Kumar Sah
                              M. No. [protected]
                              E-mail ID - [protected]@yahoo.com

My Address-
                              1.Permanent -
                              Vill+PO - RAHAMPUR, S.S. - BASANT, DIST - CHHAPRA, (BIHAR), Pin-841202
                              2.Present -
                              H.NO. 1-16-148/2, MADHAVI NAGAR, ALWAL, PO- TRIMULGHERY, DIST.-RANGA REDDY, (AP), Pin - 500015.

I have an SBI A/c No. [protected] (SBI, Goregaon mumbai branch).
                              On 15th feb, 2012, at 13:47, i was making a transaction with SBI ATM CARD TO CARD TRANSFER From Fort Market Branch, mumbai for 500/. After Completing the transaction, transaction amount will be deducted from my Account but still now not credited to beneficiary account. i'll complain to the SBI call center but not solve my problem. Complaint no. was AT[protected] ON 19th Feb 2012. and After send msg in sbi happy room maharashtra he give me branch manager contact no [protected]. i'll call to manager atleast 2 or 3 times per week since last 4 to 5 weeks but every time manager told me nothing to be happened just wait 2 or 3 days more.

So please told me what should we do and Solve my problem.

Thanks and Regards,
                              Shailendra singh
                              +[protected]

Sir/Madam,

This is to inform you that I keep getting calls from SBI Bank creidit card collection dept. regarding pyt overdue...
                                I have never received any credit card from SBI, I have also received an SMS regarding the payment due..
                                If this continue I will have to file a sue against SBI for torturing me to pay against a creidit card which was never issued in my name.
                                Pls take an immediate action against this ASAP.

Thanks and Regds
                                Ganesh
                                I am angry for SBI member's. Its is located in gandhi nagar. Today i m going for to take a letter head about me that i have account in SBI for the last 2005. But no body have a time to tell about to how i get this. Nobody have the knowlege that how can its gave him. The bank manager also not have the time to talk about this. They have no time. He told me that " I have no time to talk you are come on monday".
                                POOR SERVICE LALBAUG VADODARA IN GUJARAT. WEEK ME 4DAY ATM BANDH RAHETA HAI. MANEGAR KAI JAVAB NAHI DETA HAI BABA ATM KE BOL CHUKE.WEEK ME BANK 3 OR 4 DIN BANKPARTY HO TI HAI. SAB LOG JALAS KARTE HAI.

FROM-DHIRAJ PATEL