Vodafone India Complaints & Reviews

1.8
Last updated Oct 1, 2022

File a complaint to Vodafone India

Having problems with Vodafone India?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Vodafone India customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Vodafone India

Vodafone India Phone Numbers

+91 98 2009 8200

View more phone numbers

Vodafone India reviews & complaints page 285

I am tired contacting vodafone customer care to help me out to resolve my issues. From past 6 months my bills are shooting up to 600rs, i haven’t called anyone from that number neither used any data & when i call customer care they fool me stating it late payment charges. 600rs every month for late payments and zero usage? Are you serious
I need compensation for all the bills i paid now & want to discontinue the...
I was having a vodafone number [protected] as postpaid bill came i didn't paid it 24days as i wasn't using it though will pay later suddenly they disconnected the network the number is very important to me i raise a concern towards them to return the number to me but they told they didn't bothered stating excuses. Please help me get that number. Now vodafone has also started cheating...

I had requested to convert my airtel bihar sim to vodafone kolkata by mnp on 01/08/2018. For this i have contacted a retailer where i have done e-aadhar verification as kyc. On 06/08/2018 the number got ported to vodafone and started working till 11/08/2018. After that suddenly no network was showing on my phone. When i searched for network it show sim can't be registered. After which i contacted vodafone mini store they diverted me to vodafone store. I approached vodafone store at dalhousie kolkata and apprised them of my issue. Who in turn told me that due to my address on aadhar being of bihar my sim is blocked and it can't be reactive. My sim gona permanently blocked. I have emailed vodafone care about this but they have not given any satisfactory reply. My sim is still block. This is my official number and i am facing too much trouble in my day to day work. I want my number [protected] back. I am ready to provide my local kolkata address where i am working along with aadhar as a valid proof. How vodafone can permanently block my number without any information. Who gave the right to vodafone. Please reactivate my number as soon as possible. My alternate number is [protected]. Email - babu. [protected]@gmail.com
Nov 26, 2018
Company call me to the office at Dalhousie . And issue a new sim with same number after verification of addhar and Pan
Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Vodafone advertises Rs 180/ day on international roaming in their posters, I accepted Rs 500/ day for travel to Dubai and then theycharge me Rs 10, 000 for one day!!!
    I had asked for the IR pack of Rs 500/day to be activated on the 6th of August. When this was not done in one week - I walked in to their Kalyani nagar branch in Pune and asked it to be activated immediately and the person at the counter told me that it was done.
    Why then are they charging me more than Rs 500/ day?
    My international roaming pack was supposed to be activated on the 14th of August and my bill must be recomputed based on activation on this date.
    Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

My father had purchased iroam 28 for 5751 for usa roaming. It promised 100 mins of outgoing calls but after 1 call or so it said "mobile network not available" on the phone. Vodafone is totally fraud and should be ashamed of itself and should stop selling such deceptive schemes.

For the people coming to the usa you are better off purchasing sim card from here,
      You can also ask anyone at the airport to dial a number for you, people here are incredibly helpful, plus you have free wifi almost everywhere.

Vodafone knows very well how to use fear as a business model because that's the only business model they have.

Contact details
      +91 [protected]
      Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Vodafone has been cheating their customer for long and i am their victim again (Guess this is 4 or 5th time, i am on their list)!!

I recharged with 6rs local call cutter rate but i since i moved to different state, std charges were applicable (Which is way too high compared to what is provided by other competitive telecom operators!). I did std rate cutter to counter this. But still i am getting charged exorbitantly even after...

Respected sir/ma'am,

I am a vodafone customer since five years, last month i bought new mobile no. [[protected]] everything is going good but from last 2 week i am calling vodafone customer care daily and complaining balance deduction for unwanted service activation's and they refund the deducted balance very gently back to my account and deduct again the same next day.

After successfully registered in do not disturb (Dnd) mode on my mobile no. Dated 25 aug-18, 12:00 am. On next day they again deduct my balance on 11:50 am dated 26 august 2018. How is that possible.

This is a planed scam by vodafone team towards their customers, if somebody complaint they refund it or if somebody not complaint they stolen the amount.

I request for a strict action against the company.

Tarun sharma
        Email: [protected]@gmail.com

No. Registered on my brother name atul or using by me
        Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am using my vodafone no since august 2017. Which i have migrated from postpaid to prepaid on 27 july 2018. Now i am trying to port to another provider. When another provider try to join my no to his network he get error that my no activation not completed 90 days. As per my knowledge goes activation of my no has been done in year 2017 and i have not port no to another service provide, i have just change the plan from postpaid to prepaid. I spoke to customer service and they are saying its trai rule that i cant port till 90 days which i dont think is the case. If vodafone has their internal policy of treating me as new consumer then its really pathetic.in this matter it should be address by trai.
          Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
          I have sent SMS to 1900 for almost 10 times since yesterday from my no [protected].I haven't recieved reply yet. Customer care is not reachable.POOR show by vodafone. Abandon this company operations in India.
          Facing problem regarding data . Unable to get network properly. Unable to get proper speed as promised.

I am from mumbai, my wife lost her phone yesterday. Today i went to the vodafone store located in girgaum, mumbai. I requested them for replacement of sim card. One of the executive talked with me in very rough language she asked me when was the last time i had recharged my number? I answered her that in the month of may or june with the amount of rs. 10. She said no recharges has been made. Later she said that since i haven't made any outgoing calls since long time verification is needed. I asked her what documents do you need for verification. She told aadhar card is needed. I said ok. Later she is telling me that verification is only done of postpaid card since mine is prepaid card verification won't be done and i will not get the same number again.
            Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am using vodafone 4g sim for internet.in my area there is network data problem since long time (One year), i am not getting internet data speed even i recharge for 4g. I have complain many times over 198/199 even i approached to appellate gujarat but still problem has not resolved. All the time they are giving prototype answer. They know what is the problem but not taking any serious actions to resolve the problem. I came to know from local vodafone store that company has dispute with land owner where tower installed but intentionally they are not taking actions to resolve issues and due to that all the people of this area are suffering.

Mobile number: [protected]

I just switched from jio to vodafone. Vodafone service is worst. Each customer care service executives are giving different information for which i had to call vodafone care multiple times. Initially i was told i had to recharge for 56 to get my sim work and i forgot the amount so i called customer care again and i was given different information that 10rs initial recharge is enough. 4g was not working...

I am in usa and i have activated international roaming of my india vodafone mobile number. The purpose was to receive messages and otp s for on line transactions and also to receive calls and the jcalls are missed to be called back using a locally bought go phone. Mobile data is switched off and also all individual apps were turned off in the mobile setting. Despite this i was alerted for data roaming usage and slapped with a bill of about rs 25000/ showing usage for one week split in to two separate bill

I am using an iphone 7 plus with a 4 g sim. But the usage shown in the vodafone app is of 2g which is highly improbable in the city of san francisco in usa.. Further in the settings i had reset the mobile data recording in the month of october 2017. The reading as on today shows nil usage vodafone customer care, vodafone nodal desk and vodafone appellate were contacted by mail and also telephonically. Their replies never addressed the issue but contained in formation i already know. Finally having been handicapped with the absence of my mobile with india number linked to many agencies, i reconciled to pay the bill and settle the issue. My request to enhance the reversal of rs 3784/ offered by them during the exchange of mails for my settlement of the final bill, received a reply stating that they are not offering now any reversal and i have to pay the entire bill. All these defies any corporate ethics. This type of extortion by vodafone should be put to an end. I seek your help to bring the issue to the knowledge of other consumers
                Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Vodafone without any prior information has temporarily disconnected our (Aalliance transcare) 35 mobile phones on a false dnd complaint received by them and now are expressing helplessness and not responding to any emails, phones etc. The last self explanatory email to their final escalation (Rm - team leader - vre escalation - process manager - head escalations) as mentioned below:

"hello meghna dube - process manager,...

Dear sir

Please tell me this is my mobile number [protected]. My bill has been made more than 5702. My mobile bill has an additional charge of rs 2028, conference call, so please reverse me 2028 rupees more than my bill. Send the bill correctly, thank you

Md bobby khan
                  Auto message of sim change served contineously to mobile no.[protected] & deducted Re.1/- for each message from my balance thats why I can't be able to recharge.
                  I have not received otp on my Vodafone app. I have iPhone 7.
                  [protected] Is my Vodafone number, i want to reactivate my deactivated sim card please help me
                  Kindly activate sms outgoing message for my sim I have been trying to send sms but not happened till date either it is barred or else but please resolve this issue immediately
                  Hello.. I am not able to send port message to 1900... It says that the message couldn't be send... Is this a cheap trick to with hold customer's... Pls give a proper explanation and proper solution for this..

I dont know how they activated international roaming on phone as i did not select the country where i go and moreover i didnt go any where outside the country for any purpose.
                    So why they are charging rs.2500 plus service tax.
                    Please help me out as am just able to pay my monthly bill.
                    I have changed the plan from 499 to 399 in july month.
                    And they activated this service on my phone and i did not get any message of activation.
                    Hello team,
                    I have tried 6 times to send port message to 1900 as well as 1901 but it saying message sending failed even i do have message pack .
                    Other messages are sending correctly.
                    Vodafone is a slowest network i have experienced.
                    Please get immediate attention as i want to port as soon as possible.

Waiting for your positive reply.
                    Though it is a town we get very weak data network connection from our room.

Pre context:
                      Me and my family using vodafone from the time it was branded as orange/hutch in india. Since then we are loyal to vodafone. Now the story i am the gonna tell should force you to the think about your customers and overall business plan.

Story: phase 1 ~ cheating plot

As like other telecom companies in india, vodafone is also taking help of 3rd party agencies to sell there plans, sims and new customer acquisitions. So roughly approx 2 months ago i got an unfortunate call from one of the agent mrs. Radhika.

Radhika: hello sir, i am radhika calling from 'vodafone', do you have 2 mins to talk as i have a new cheap and effective postpaid plan for you.

Me: yes, tell me i am interested.

Radhika: plan is of 250rs and in that, you get unlimited calling local and std, 1 or 2 gb data per day and also with carrying forward feature etc.

Me: plan looks solid, please activate this.

Radhika: sir, to get this plan, the next day i will be sending a new sim card and the person who is going to come will do my e-verification. Once that done is done you have to pay 330rs cash to that guy and this amount will get adjusted in next bill which you will get in future.

Me: everything looks fine but i don't need a new number as my current phone number is linked to multiple accounts, banks etc hence kindly activate the same plan to my current number.

Radhika: yes sir, don't worry the new sim will get activated in next 2 days and it will have your current number over it, have faith. We will do it from the backend.

Me: ok, send the guy with sim tomorrow and i will pay 330rs.

Radhika: can you please give a few references.

Me: ok, i will share with you after the call.

Now, the next day at 2 pm vodafone sim delivery agent comes with the sim, he performed my e-verification. I paid him 330rs and he gave me the sim and told that insert the sim in the phone next day.

Till now the things were looking perfect but the next day when i inserted sim to my phone, it showed no signal. I was thinking that there must be some technical issue, so i called radhika. She told me there is some technical issue and due to that my sim verification couldn't happen hence tomorrow again she will be sending a new sim but i have to pay again 330rs for it, and she told that this will get adjusted in the future bills, hence for coming few months i don't have to pay anything as i have paid in advance.

Next day again the agent comes with the sim and i took the sim and gave him 330 cash. I thought now the problem is solved and in a few days, the new plan will get activated.

Story: phase 2 ~ the bluff game

After 2 days of getting the new sim, i again inserted it into my phone and hoped that it will work but again it showed me zero signal. I was a bit frustrated hence i called radhika again for the same, she told me the technical issue at vodafone server and will take a minimum of 1 weeks of time to get reflected. I have already wasted my 2 weeks into this process and paid rs660 till now, so i thought let's wait for 1 more week.
                      Again called radhika after 1week to know the status of the sim, she told me that it will happen, don't worry and disconnected the call. Again after a couple of days, i tried reaching her on call and msgs but she stopped reverting and soon her phone number got unreachable and i had no other medium to get in touch with her.

Days passed and i thought she will revert me and i was planning to call vodafone customer care for the same but then, after 10days radhika called me and said in vodafone lots of issue is happening and she left vodafone a few days back. I asked her now who will solve my issue? She gave me a reply - go to vodafone gallery or calls customer care, she can't help.

Story: phase 3 ~ sweet adjustment

I was so devastated by what just happened to me and surprisingly it was done by the great vodafone. I decided to port out from vodafone and i sent sms to 1900 with my number. The next day i got a call from your customer care executive asking me the reason for porting out, i explained to him the entire story. He told me that he will activate a rs249 plan to my current number. He then checked the system and informed that i have one more connection with my name, so then i requested him to do the same with my other number also, which is currently been used by mom. He talked with me in a great way and i finally felt that my problem got solved.
                      But in this full conversation of odd 30mins, he didn't inform me about any other number which is linked to my name, and i got an impression that now i have got my slate cleaned.

Story: phase 4 ~ the final nail

Though after talking roughly for 10mins, every time my call gets drop and every time when i am in my home the 3g/4g don't work. I had little hope on vodafone that with time these issues will get settled.
                      But since from 2 weeks, i started getting sms and calls (5-6 times a day) from your side stating that i have not paid the bill of rs937 for mobile number [protected], frankly speaking, i didn't remember this number and then i checked my records for this, the result was shocking as it was the same number which was sold to me 2 months back stating that its a plan for rs249.
                      I called vodafone customer care for this issue so they gave me an awesome response - sir, please go to vodafone gallery as we can't help you into this. So yesterday i went to your vodafone gallery situated in new panvel, mumbai. I explained to them the full story and the response which i got was - sir, what we can do in this situation, you liked the plan and you trusted them and took the sim, you should have asked for id proof and recorded the conversation hence we suggest you deactivate [protected] and clear your dues, that's is the only solution.

I felt so upset and cheated, that at the same moment i paid the bill for the number and service which i never used and was sold to me by a cheat method. I left the vodafone store and went to airtel shop and sent a port request.

Learning for vodafone:
                      Understand how your customers are getting cheated under your nose, and with these series of events, i feel they are allowed to do it and your management is also directly involved in this scam.

Just by acquiring companies (Idea telecom) won't help you in long the run. Try understanding customers problems and be there to help them when they need you the most.

But in the end, i would just request vodafone to compensate me for my financial loss, it might not indulge me to come back to vodafone but for sure it will help me to restore my faith that a bit of professionalism and humanity left in vodafone.
                      Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear vodafone operator i would like to notify you that i have been using vodafone since a very long time and i'm always facing problems with your billing however you guys fake promise me that your bill will not exceed this much... This is all rubbish i'm very disappointed with vodafone you guys are activating such # plan on my mobile without notifying me that is called mazaa mobile pack now when did i ask you to activated this plan? And you guys are charging me rs.49/-... Dear vodafone customer please stop using this network this guys should know that there are comparison in the market which gives you better plans...
                        Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I bought a prepaid Vodafone sim. After some days, when I tried to recharge my Vodafone number, the recharge. Since then whenever I try to recharge my Vodafone number online, a message is shown "Couldn't recharge successfully, mobile operator declined the recharge." So I'm not able to recharge my number any more. Only incoming is active now.
                          So if you please resolve this issue as soon as possible, I'll be thankful....
                          I am not receiving any otps from any bank or website to vodafone number.in case of banks the otp is received after 5-6 hrs. This problem has started lately, prior to that i used to recieve all otps. The call centre guy said it's due to dnd, whereas all unneceesary messages are received, even my mom's phone has dnd activated but still she recieves all the otp messages.
                          This is utter nonsense....

Vodafone is a big fraud company... The biggest cheats of all.. These people only know how to make money and loot people's har earned money... I had recieved a call from vodafone's agents saying that there is a new plan in the market of rs. 250 /- including 20gb data and unlimited calling and unlimited sms. But for that they said i will have to buy new sim in which the plan will be activated at first then within 2-3 days the new sim will be deactivated and that plan will be transferred to my existing number. So these fraudsters came to my office and collected my fingerprint and cash of rs. 330 /- and handed me over a new sim..in fact two... I purchased one for my mother too...
                          This had happened 3 months back... Now i am getting harrasment calls and mails from vodafone company saying that i have to pay the bills of both the sims. (A total of rs. 1800 /-
                          Approx) these people are harrasing my mom also who is a senior citizen and calling continously on her mobile... Mr. Kedar chitre, mr. Rajesh gupta have not responded satisfactorily... To my request... I even requested them to check i have'nt made a single call or message from those numbers... And requested them. To waive off the payment. Yet these people are ruthless and only business oriented and not bothered about customer satisfaction. My request to all of you.. Vodafone is the worst service provider of all. Never buy any vodafone sim nor go for any of their # plans. These people will only suck your money and add to common man's misery. Unfortunately i dont even have the sim of which payment is asked to be made. Nor i have the proof against these vodafone fraudsters. The only thing i am able to do is write the complaint here and on facebook so that these fraudster vodafone company doesn'nt dupe more people like me. My company has 40 corporate sims which i am porting to a better network. A big good bye to fraudster and gangster vodafone.