[Resolved] Zoom Car — Cheating the customers

Nagaraju M S
We rented a mahindra scorpio with a vehicle number ka 03 ab 7411 on 16th april, 2016 for inr 14290 which include a deposit of inr 5000 and inr 9290 as car rent fee and booking number jps6vho3h. The car was supposed to be taken at 6:30 am but we had to wait for one hour to get the car and no choice was given except that car. The a/c of the car wasn't working fine and even the charging slot too. For one day it went well, on the next day early morning we found the tire to be punctured. As we had no choice we hired another car in that area for inr 1700 and continued our journey. Finally we got our car tire repaired by afternoon with lot of difficulties in an unknown place. By evening it got punctured again. The tires weren't good at all. We had to pay charges for the puncture as well. Somehow we managed till end of day. While returning the car on 18 april, no damage was noted down. The next day we got a message saying car damage deposit is covered. When we called them back they took details and raised a complaint with number 167948. Then they called and said that the tire got damaged. But the road we drove was all highway and we don't get how possibly they get damaged when we drove so carefully. When we asked for a proof they said they'll send photos but later on they called and said they couldn't help and now there is no response. Such a bad experience with zoomcar. They are charging us for the thing which was already damaged. It would be great if someone could help us.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 28, 2018

[Apr 23, 2016] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, May 28, 2018
Hello Deepak,

Greetings!

Zoomcar strives to ensure that it has a well-maintained fleet. We are sorry to know that the vehicle was not in a good condition. We will surely check on it and will ensure such issues are minimised. We did have a check on excess kilometre charges levied on your booking and we found that the charges are invalid. Hence, we have reversed the charges for the same.

Ramya.S
Complaint comments  11 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

Plz Note that Zoom car is India's biggest fraud company. The company has cheated over 500 customers in India and continue doing it.

There investigation is self determined. Customer is not a part of investigation. They do itbundertable with thier own people and make a decision to charge.

If you have guts then join hands to sue this company in the court of Law.

Zoom Car — Worst experience. Please don't use zoomcar

I booked a car on 17 Apr 2016 at 8:00pm but when I reached site on time the car was not available. Site executives did not have any clue on what to do. Customer care is pathetic. No one picked up call for 2 hours. They couldn't arrange for alternative car for 2 hours. Please don't use zoom car. You will have worst experience of life!
Hi Karthick, we tried to reach you on call, however, we did not received any response. Upon investigation we find that the damage was done during your reservation. Hence, we will not be able to reverse the damage charges. As the charges were found to be appropriately levied on your booking.

Appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Hi, if the tire was damaged in our reservation, when we've asked for a proof why didn't we get a response then. This problem was not with a single tire, on the day we took it one tire got punctured and on the next day two of them were punctured. Why should a consumer take blame for that when it's the supplier who provided a mal-product. Please provide us a proper proof.
Hi Karthick, we will get in touch with you shortly to provide the update regrading the issue.
Hi Karthick, we are trying to reach you, however, your number is switched off. Request you to share us any alternate contact number or provide us a convenient time to call you.
Hi, reach out to me on [protected]
Hi, reach out to me on [protected]
I had recently booked a car from zoomcar on 25th May 2018 KA02AG6108, BOOKING ID # JPS62FPEP. First of all no one was there at site to assist me so i called customer care and after 30 mins one of their executive start honking the vehicle to help me to reach out to car parking location which was completely different from the given location in map with utmost rude behavior.

Then when i took the car it was with full of mud. I took the km reading which was 2208 to keep in mind that i should not drive it beyond free kms given by zoomcar (45 km free). When I dropped their vehicle km reading was 2248. But today when again i was booking for Sunday (27-May-2018) I found that they levied Rs. 120 for extra KM driven. It mean if i add my left out 5 km and their 10 extra km then as per then i drove till 2263 km reading but actually it was 2248 km. I do not how and on which evidence they are saying it.

I tried to call them more than 50 times to explain the issue but could not connect to them as they made their system like this to just loot the customer. after this experience 1 thing is very sure that these guys are cheaters and not trust worthy.

Deepak Sharma
Kumarp123's reply, Aug 30, 2018
Yes true. Me to faced the same thing. New type of looting money from people
I made a booking on 5th June 2018 at 9.30 pm. Hyundai i20. When I received the vehicle. There was insufficient fuel in it and even the fuel refill indicator was on. So I had to refill the fuel with Rs 500 when I submit those bills for refund, they denied. This is what they replied :

" we would like to inform you that as per Zoomcar norms fuel refund will be processed based on the estimation. However, as per our records, there was sufficient fuel provided at the time of pick-up. Hence, we are sorry to inform you that the fuel estimation is zero.

As per our fuel calculation, the estimated amount is 0/- for the booking id JPS62X64W. However, we calculate the mileage of the vehicle is (inclusive of AC usage and the traffic) is taken into the consideration and moderately calculated start percentage of the fuel and end percentage of the fuel on existing fuel cost/ litre".

WHY WOULD I FLREFILL FUEL IF THERE WAS SUFFICIENT FUEL IN IT. Zoom car is just trying to fool customers and cheating people. Now I know about these guys I will be more careful to choose zoomcar. Cannot trust these guys. They have their own stupid estimations designed to screw customers.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Jun 13, 2018

Hello Sharat,

Greetings!

We did review your comment and checked the booking. With regard to the fuel refund, we did check the estimate, unfortunately, the estimate calculated is 0. Hence, we will not be able to process any refund regarding the booking.

Hoping for your kind understanding in this regard.

Sowmya
Polished and hidden response will not help the customers.

Zoom Car - Cheating the customers