[Resolved]  Lamoda — replacement of lost passport....

I Balwant Singh Garia, am an Indian national living and working, as a General Manager with a fashion house in Thailand for last 14-15 years.

On May 17, 2009, I had a misfortune of having my computer, air ticket, cash and passport stolen by taxi driver at the Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok. I was leaving for England on a business trip on that fateful day.

Having secured a valid police report and photocopies of my passport and other necessary documents, I approached the Indian Embassy for issuance of a new passport, in the last week of May 2009. My job requires frequent traveling to other countries like Europe & U.S.A to secure business for the company. Without a passport and unable to travel for business for the company, my well paying job is at stake.

Please also note that I am married and have a growing up daughter of 5 years. As the mother is not living in Thailand, I also have to take care of my daughter singly. My daughter is a Thai national.

I will not be allowed to reside in Thailand without a proper passport & visa and not be able to take care of my young daughter. My present visa to stay in Thailand expires soon.

It’s been nearly more than seven months since I made a request for issuance of a new passport but I am yet to receive a satisfactory reply from the officials. I even have been told that it could take months or years before a new passport could be made which I find very disturbing. I, being an Indian citizen feel quite disappointed and discouraged to find myself in this helpless situation in a foreign country.

I think the embassy officials are under a false impression that this is my third passport that has been lost where as the fact is that my two earlier passports were DAMAGED & NOT STOLEN OR LOST. The details of those passports are as under:

1. PP # Z1478868 was issued in Bangkok and was valid until 17/07/2012.

2. PP # F3936562 was issued at Bangkok and was valid till 16/5/2016.

Photocopies of both the cancelled passports are attached herewith.

I request you that this matter be regarded as urgent as my employment and my family is in grave situation.I have been pounding the embassy doors for the last 7 months helplessly. I’d appreciate your kind intervention in this regard and I hope to get my new passport at the earliest.

Thanking you,

Thailand.

PP # G 4664146

Phones:[protected],[protected] extn. 3955

Cell: [protected]

Comments

Call the police if they were robbed.

passport — loss of passports

My sisters who are NRI's from kuwait presently studing in a medical college in Nepal were travelling back to our native place Delhi through railway when some one robbed them of their belongings which included both of theirs passport and thier entry permit to kuwait because they have stayed for more than 6 months out of the country(Kuwait).At the moment they have no identification papers with them except their college ID cards.They were robbed of their passports midway(Kanpur) to their destination Delhi.Please reply back i DINT KNOW WERE ELSE TO WRITE AT
my brother was working in singapore, his passport is lost. singapore police was take case. but he wants passport.in new what are the way to get a duplicate passport or how many time will take this passport?