[Resolved] Reliance Digital, Gurgaon — Harrowing experience with Reliance Digital, Gurgaon! Buy at your own risk!!
I purchased a window AC of Videocon make VWR5244 form Reliance Digital’s outlet at Ambience Mall, Gurgaon on 4th May 2008. Ever since I purchased the AC, I have been facing problems of multiple sorts.
1. I was promised that AC will be delivered on 5th May 08. I was eagerly waiting for its delivery till late evening, as it is first AC in my lifetime.
2. When I called up Reliance ResQ number (by the way I seriously suggest that they change the name of the center to “DistressQ” as the persons answering calls nowhere get close to rescuing the caller from problematic situation), after multiple calls, I got connected to an agent who rather said apologetically that AC could not be delivered due to strong winds and rain on 5th May 08 and promised delivery next day. I cursed the wind god for his hyperactivity that day while rest of Delhi was praying for a respite from intense heat through rain.
3. The AC was delivered late in the evening on 6th May 08 by a delivery person
4. The sales person at the time purchase promised that AC will be installed one day after delivery, hence I expected installation on 7th May 08.
5. I was surprised that no one turned up on 7th May 08. May be I was wrong in my expectations and I should have learnt with my day one experience that Reliance is not reliable!
6. After several attempts to call the service center, I got connected again to the service personnel who callously mentioned that AC will be eventually delivered. Reminded me of the great optimism we Indians generally carry.
7. On 8th May morning, I called up the center again just to remind them about the delivery. The blessed AC arrived on 8th May after 3 days of intense anticipation and waiting
8. The installation executives were haughty and displayed the attitude of doing me a favor by installing the AC. After the AC and stabilizer boxes were opened, came out the contents and the frantic search began for the remote. The remote did not show up even after several minutes of search. However, the stabilizer showed up with torn wires.
9. Again the rigmarole of calling the service center began. It looked like I was destined for a long term relationship with Reliance personnel – may be some past karma. The service center person displayed bravado and assured me to go ahead with installation promising that remote will be delivered to me the same day.
10. By this time the drama has become so intense making it difficult for me to handle the climaxes and anti-climaxes. To support me, my husband jumped into the fray leaving behind his hectic job schedule and commitments to phone up un-reliable people (oops I mean Reliance personnel) for next steps
11. The remote was promised on 9th May, it did not show up. Again several calls were made. The delivery date shifted to 10th May.
12. The remote was not delivered in the morning, calls were made and delivery was promised in afternoon. Afternoon passed by, with we missing the afternoon siesta in anticipation of the remote and it has not been delivered in the evening too
I really appreciate the courage of Mr. Harish Thakur (Service Manager), Mr. Praveen Kumar (Service Center Agent) and Mr. Vikas (Service Center Agent) for making repeated false promises about delivery and not showing even an iota of proactive approach and concern to empathize with me. They must have been assured solid job security else it is not possible to display such a stoic attitude. Also, Mr.Harish seem to be more busy with opening new Reliance counters rather than attending to customer issues.
The remote is critical as I bought an AC that functions only with the remote. So, we now have an expensive decorative piece adorning my bed room wall which is supposed to be an AC!
I have chosen to buy the AC from Reliance Digital for following reasons that
1) We will get a deal on the price and service
2) We can avoid dealing with the local electronic storekeepers, some of whom are notorious for providing mis-leading information, bad product and service
3) We will have access to the service center in hour of the need and do not have to run from pillar to post to solve the problem
I am disgusted that I am facing all the problems mentioned above. I failed to realize that while Reliance Digital has emulated the look and feel of large stores abroad they do not implement the international process for customer service.
For instance, DistressQ (ResQ) call center does not even have a basic practice of call wait. It operates just of one telephone number. If you are lucky you will get through else curse yourself for calling it!! There is no single mail id where you can write about your problems. Even today, they expect customers to show up at the showroom for problem resolution.
Also, this is the service they provide repeat customers. Prior to purchasing the AC, I bought a 32 inch Hitachi LCD TV for them. If they had a good customer relationship program, they would have identified my status and certainly not meted this kind of treatment to me!
I hope some responsible person in Reliance Digital is scanning this space for crucial inputs on service and will make necessary corrections.
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved