[Resolved]  BARC Surgical head — disrespectful treatment with Patient family

My Father Mr CMS bisht has been a BARC employee for last 28 years or more. He is a diabetic and off late he has developed complications in the lever, which has been diagnosed as malignant tumor. As an employee working in BARC headquarters, Trombay he is entitled to medical services from the central government as part of CHS. BARC has a set of clinics and one main hospital. one month back he complained of acute stomach pain and was taken to the OPD section. After one month of trial and error and heavy doses of pain killer, the BARC doctors decided to send him to Tata memorial hospital.There after quite a few tests the specialist confirmed that he has multiple complications including tumor growth on the liver. My dad has a single kidney and was previously treated at Jaslok Hospital by Dr Bahadur for high Kreatin levels. Due to these complication the Doctor at TMH advised that after a lever biopsy she will refer him to Dr Bahadur again, before taking any decision.

Today my brother went to BARC hospital to ask if my dad can get a quicker referral to Jaslok hospital as we already lost 1 month in prognosis. He was met by the surgical head @ BARC Dr N Roy. Dr Roy expressed that my family was trying to abuse the system by asking for a referral to Jaslok (BARC pays Jaslok to treat employees with sever medical issues), however this referral happens at the discretion of a BARC doctor , who in this case happens to be Dr Roy. Dr Roy insensitively started shouting on my brother without listening to a single word. He also said that my Dad is not a VVIP to be treated in a super specialty hospital like Jaslok. I appreciate his concern when people come down to ask for favors, but my brother never went to ask for favor.Dr Roy professionally had no right to shout at him or ill treat him, just because he is a HOD in BARC hospital. All he had to say was he cannot do it in a nice simple way. I wish Doctors like Dr N Roy can get some soft skills training and consider what families under go when a member is suffering. the details for Dr N Roy are mentioned below. I would want him to apologize to my family for his insensitivity.

Dr. N Roy