PVR Cinemas Complaints & Reviews

1.9
Last updated Dec 7, 2022
Complaints 2023

File a complaint to PVR Cinemas

Having problems with PVR Cinemas?

File a complaint and get it resolved by PVR Cinemas customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

PVR Cinemas

New Delhi District
Delhi

PVR Cinemas Phone Numbers

PVR Cinemas reviews & complaints page 86

I used to be a regular patron of pvr cinemas but if you check your records, i was not there for many big releases recently at pvr just because of the reason that the there was a huge delay in starting the from the show time which went from 20 min to 30 min.

So i was in this show yesterday, to give pvr another try :
Spectre (u/a)
Pvr: mgf mall, gurgaon (audi 3), national capital region (ncr), gurgaon
12:10pm | sun, 22 nov, 2015

Firstly the movie didn't start until 12.35pm, a whole 25 minutes delay in starting. it went over the head when the interval was 15 minutes long with several ads being shown twice. seriously!! who does that??? you introduced a total delay of 40 minutes in the movie. there is something seriously messed up with your management which is prioritizing advertisements over entertainment and time of patrons.

So i will be using other multiplexes from now onward. let me know if you decide to fix this problem at your end and i will try you again.

PVR Cinema — Gift Voucher not accepting

Sir I have bought a PVR gift voucher on my mobile & is valid to 11th Sept. but when I entered this voucher code in www.pvrcinemas.com website it shows that voucher is already used.

I have booked 2 tickets costing Rs 850 through just dial. The money from my credit card account deducted but ticket not confirmed. I did not get any message from JD.

My program of today got wasted due to JD.

Refund my money asap.
PVR Cinemas Customer Care's response, Sep 22, 2016
Dear Akjha1966,

We request you to please share your Mobile Number & Email ID on [email protected] for further assistance.

Team PVR

Went for 11 am show on Nov 21. Told staff by twice getting in the queque to serve me popcorn which I purchased by paying 200 rs online. Told very rudely to go back to my seat even I was waiting at the counter during interval and I can't be served there as they don't have my size. Once I went back to the seat I was served smallest size imaginable which you get on ACT II cart for 20 rs. Their own bucket is priced rs 270 at counter and is at least 5 times bigger then size I was served. I felt cheated disgusted and disappointed by behaviour ofxtremely rude staff at pvr Phoenix mall Bangalore
    Cheating customer by tempting them to buy popcorn online along with tickets for 200 rs and then serving them smallest size paper bag popcorn inside in dark when their bucket size is priced 270 rs

It is not acceptable to not start movies on time.. Half an hour of ads!!!... We book tickets online paying premium of net charges just to save on queues but in the end we are tortured with a min of half an hr sometimes more for ads... It's absolutely not acceptable... Please respect everyone's time and make movie watching a good not irritable experience.
      PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

They are not providing the tickets in proper way they are blocking the in side and they giving the tickets to there friends and relation there are so many seats in green colour in display but they are not distribute the tickets and waiting for more than 20min in queue in ticket counter plz take action and give me the the reason for my problem i[censored] didn't take any action i will complaint to higher authartires

PVR Cinema — Food Quality

I ordered veg submarine and just in one bite i feel vomiting :( Too Bad..

While doing the transaction with pvr cinemas with my new kotak classic debit card which has an offer on saturday of buy 1 get 1, but when i enter my debit card number pvr says “offer is not valid on this cinemas. I have tried multiple times through desktop as well as pvr app but the result seems same. I guess pvr guwahati has not been in the list of offers applicable to kotak.

Waiting for a quick resolution.
          Nov 04, 2015
          Updated by CA Hemant Jain
          The guwahati PVR has not been able to solve the issue, it has been 3 days now and they are asking for my debit card number, i dont understand what they are doing, is it fare to ask Debit Card number you think, inspite of that i have given my debit card number.
          Waiting for a quick resolution.
          i have contacted the PVR Customer Care, but nothing has been done.
          my complaint reference number is CMR[protected]

It has been noticed that on early weekend shows, the seats/tickets availability of first 3 rows (Cheaper ticket, generally rs125/ - at pvr priya, vasant vihar, delhi closes instantly. It shows "sold out" both at bookmyshow and counter. But when checked during the show, the seats were all vaccant except few.
            This means that pvr deliberately closes the first three rows seats booking without selling all of it and therefore...

On 22nd october we got movie ticket printed at pvr cinemas, phoneix mall bangalore we booked movie kanal a malayalam movie. After getting the ticket from pvr counter, we all our 4 family members including two senior citizens waited almost one hour in front of of the main entrance of the theatre. Later when we inquired they said that movies will start within 10 minutes, after when we inquired they say say so casually that movie is cancelled one day back itself. Pvr staffs including the mangers where badly treated us and we had a very bad argument. They issued the ticket but they are denying that they have issued the ticket, surprisingly we have the tickets with us. They say its technical errors but we asked why then issued the ticket or even they could have kept notice written near the ticket counter or why they issued the ticket knowingly the movie is cancelled or why we waited in the second floor for one hour.

This is total irresponsibleity of pvr cinemas.

Instead of arguing they could have told us that the movie is cancelled or they could have said that the ticket can be used for the next day. But nothing they treated so badly and useless managers they just spoke to us and went inside.

We have all confirmations received from bookmyshow and pvr ticket.
            PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
            It was surprise to us, how they have issued the tickets from the counters and later say that the movie cancelled and that too they did not say . When we enquired they said that movie is cancelled. They dont have any courtesy to inform counter boys on the cancellation. A strict action need to be taken aganist PVR management.
            What a non sense at PVR Cinemas, Phoneix mall, Bangalore. Movie ticket issued and later they say that they have not issued the ticket and movie was cancelled. All four o[censored]s including two senior citizens had to return after fighting. Absolutely no ownership among the staffs who are working with PVR.

Mangers are waste, they just spoken and went inside the office room.

Non veg food being served to vegetarians deceptively at pvr cinemas (17th october 2015) : i went for a movie show this saturday and had the most horrible experience at a pvr owned food counter called 'chaat sandwich dimsum'. i had ordered a plate of veg dimsums but instead, i was served non-veg dimsums. On pointing it out to the staff, i was repeatedly told that i was mistaken and was being convinced by them that those chicken dimsums...
              I watched the movie "Sicario" at PVR Forum mall at 9:55 pm on the Saturday 10th November 2015. The movie had foreign language audio consistently throughout the movie without out subtitle. I could not understand the movie completely. This has spoilt my movie experience, which is extremely disappointing after paying 300 rupees for the movie. I request you to refund my money. E-mail id: prasha.[protected]@gmail.com...

I booked 3 tickets for puli in 1st oct at pvr ripples mall vijayawada but the show was cancelled on that day. But till now no money was credited back to my account. I have written many mails to their company but there was not even a single response. But when ever i go to watch the movie at pvr after returning i'll definitely receive a feedback submission sms. The are interested in getting feedback but not at all bothering about customers money. My mail details - [protected]@gmail.com
              PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

PVR deducted twice for watching 'The Martian' at PVR Cinemas Bellandur Central mall, Bangalore on 5th Oct 2015 as first time it gave error & ticket not booked hence tried a second time and it was successful. However noticed two text messages & found two payments deducted for the same amount. Confirmed it on checking the bank account & found two debit entries & no reverse credit entry. Both debit entries were with narration as "To Transfer PVR Cinemas", each for Rs.517. total cost of 2 tickets including taxes & PVR website convenience fee was Rs.517. Below are the two transactions from my account, each for Rs.517: At 5th Oct 2015, 01:34 pm with transaction reference no-IG0AUGEUJ3, At 5th Oct 2015, 01:41 pm with transaction reference no-IG0AUGFQZ0. looking at the complaints in net I find many other customer faced this issue. Please refund my Rs.517 ASAP.

I have seen 3D movie today at PVR Naraina.I have paid 325 but movie was of Rs.300 n out of that I have paid 82 Rs as an entertainment tax .I have also paid Rs.25 for 3D glasses but again I have paid Rs.7 as an ent tax as I have paid the same in ticket value.

I had a disgusting experience today at PVR Kandivali. I had booked 2 tickets for my parents for gujarati movie Gujubhai, 7:30 PM show Row M Seats 6 & 7 . After my parents taking the seat as per the ticket, a couple approaches my parents and tells them that seats belong to them. Confusion getting worst over the seats one of your staff guy came over & asked for the tickets to my parents as well as the other couple. Then your staff guy takes my parents tickets outside movie hall & asks the other couple to come along with him. After few minutes the guy returns to my parents where they were seated & asks them to step outside movie hall. Coming out your staff guy (smart chap) handovers my dad with the tickets of movie dated 30th Oct (which is already expired & probably of the other couple) and asks to leave!! Quite embarrassing!! My dad argues with him over that to which other 2 of your staff members came & checked the tickets. Meanwhile the other couple is seated inside movie hall on my parent’s seat. After heated arguments for 10-15 mins with your staff & management, that smart chap (staff guy who had taken tickets initially) gets back with original tickets dated 1st OCT Row M Seat 6 & 7 and asks to go for the movie! Your theatre manager (a lady) apologizes saying “galati sab se hoti hai” (seemed quite causal) and tells to bears MISTAKE your management did. We left the theatre with a gloomy & pathetic PVR experience. I HOPE there is some action taking against the management and I even ask for the REFUND of the movie tickets asap. I’m attaching a photo of my tickets I booked originally. Regards, HIREN [protected].
                    PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                    I had visited mahagun branch
                    Pvr, during the interval when i approached to candy bar i was not given the bill for my order
                    Which is against pvr policy
                    Their staff all are so clever and playing cash and stealing money when i complained this to cinema manager named ashish he even made him self bust in other work and avoided me, seems he gets commision from staff,
                    Why pvr dont do audits i dont understand
                    [protected]@yahoo.com

I had a disgusting experience with PVR Surat today. Your staff is too dumb or they haven't got proper training. I booked 4 tickets of baankey ki crazy baarat gold class today. The area near the seats were very unhygienic. There was 'paan' spits and mosquitoes around our seats. We complained manager about it and after half an hour, all they could do was to spray an air freshener. As the show was houseful, we didn't had any option to change the seats. So, we went to another movie running in screen 5. After intermission, they asked us for the tickets. We had a gold class tickets of another show but they were very rude to us. They were abusing us like anything. They were using words like 'chor', 'daket' etc. It was very unethical behavior from the staff. They took us into a room like and started 'investigation'. They made us wrote letter of apology (even though we didn't had any fault). There were 5-6 people and they threatened us. Finally, they leaved us charging the full ticket price of next show. They even didn't allowed us to stay at the multiplex and kicked us out. So, rounding off, we paid for two shows I. E. Rs. 270 for First and Rs. 160 for second. We were 4 people. So, we paid a total of rs 1720. Technically, we paid for 2 movie and we're unable to watch even 1 movie properly. The thing which disturbed me more was the language they were using. Don't your staff has some basic communication skills? They wasted our 4 hours and made us write apology letter. I have all the tickets with me and also the effing 'apology' letter they made us write. This was nothing less than mental harassment and defaming. I demand a full refund for both the shows ticket + apology from your staff else strict action would be taken. Also, if I don't get proper solution, I would take legal advice and Sue the company.
                      I have each and every proof (proof of tickets, proof of letter they made us write, photo of the security personnel and much more.)
                      So a prompt and positive reply is expected with full refund of both the shows(Rs. 1720) with an apology from who abused and defamed us.

My Contact Number - [protected]

I don't want this to be on social media. Please redress this issue asap else the whole story would circulate on social media.
                      I have all the proofs - photos, tickets, etc. Had a very very bad experience. Being a regular customer of pvr, this disappointed me a lot. Don't compel me to go to consumer forum as I would not be leaving this case easily.

Nikhil Bhauwala

Phoenix kurla PVR cinemas . Very unorganized nd unprofessional.There were 5 counters, only 2 staff on duty. On asking the reason for why the other counters are closed we were advised to go online and book the tickets which was very rude.Expected some courteous reply but to our suprise she was very rude.Is this the way PVR staff works. Thanks Patel

I tried to book tickets for "Baakey Ki crazy Baraat" but I didnt received my ticket after paying my money. I am very much disappointed and I felt a very bad experience with PVR cinemas. How can you fetch money without providing a ticket.

This great entertainment chain cancelled their 3D IMAX 11.20 am show for the movie the EVEREST on 16 sep 2015 in PVR - koramangla, Bangalore due to certain technical issues. They promised to refund the amount in next 6 working days. Till now I haven't received a simple mail on initiating the refund process. These people are taking their customers for granted.
                            PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I found the behaviour of the staff at PVR Cinemas Inorbit mall, Hyderabad to be very rude. Before entering the theatre, I was forced to handover my hand bag at the baggage counter (5th floor) because it had food. I displayed the Invoice to the security personnel to assure her that the food purchased was from the SMASH food court in the same floor as the PVR Cinemas, but my request was not rudely turned down. With much reluctance, I had to...

I ordered a cup of Cappucinno, in PVR koregaon park, Pune and I was surprised to see the the quantity of coffee.. It was below par (emptied the cup in 4-5 sips). Regretted to order it after seeing what I received because for the same price (Rs.100/-) CCD was offering almost twice the quantity (who's kiosk was right next to the PVR food counter) that PVR offered.. Request you to pls make it worth Rs.100/- or lower the cost, for such quantum. Regards Anup
                              PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

This is very disgusting to say that normal drinking water is not available in the multiplex . I have compled to the Woking manager n he dint respond to this issue . Providing drinking is minimum curtsie of the multiplex please take action on this...