PVR Cinemas Complaints & Reviews

1.9
Last updated Dec 7, 2022
Complaints 2023

File a complaint to PVR Cinemas

Having problems with PVR Cinemas?

File a complaint and get it resolved by PVR Cinemas customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

PVR Cinemas

New Delhi District
Delhi

PVR Cinemas Phone Numbers

PVR Cinemas reviews & complaints page 83

Hi.. I vicky living in naraina vihar delhi.. I came pvr naraina for booking ticket at 11.50 show.. They said housefull.. I requested them pls arrange 2 tickets but clearly said no tickets available.. Suddenly 1 guy come on ticket counter and talk to rahul rana manager and karan and they give to him 2 tickets without any booking and cancellation.. This is i feel very bad. I m regular customer of pvr and i m local person in naraina.. But now i will never come to pvr and i ll never suggest to anyone for pvr.. Everywhere is politics.. Pls call me if possible
My no. Is [protected]
Vicky

I went to inorbit mall today at 9:00pm ist in hyderabad, telengana where pvr cinemas have a branch to book 22 tickets for saturday morning 09/07/2016. i was informed that i can not book 22 tickets at a time and i was told by the manager in charge that i have to pay rs 340 for the booking i. e. 150 (movie ticket)+190 (food charges). moreover he told me that i can book only 6 tickets and i can use my card only once in a particular day for transaction. is it sensible any way. if i go for a movie and i prefer to watch another movie i will not be allowed because i will be using my card more than once. i told the manager that i can book 6 tickets 4 times from the counter but he replied you are not allowed.
    PVR Cinemas Customer Care's response
    Dear Patron, We request you to please share your Mobile Number & Email ID on [protected]@pvrcinemas.com for further assistance. Regards, Customer Care: PVR Cinemas

Hi team,
      I am a very regular visitor in pvr vikaspuri (primarily due to its proximity to my house - 1 km to be exact).
      Today however was the worst experience i have had there.
      Today i. e on 7th july i along with my family (4 others) went to watch sultan (9am show). at the entry itself, mahesh behave extremely rudely with my husband - reason an extra minute to show the booking confirmation on his mobile. when we told him to lower his volume he paid no attention.
      If this was not bad enough his manager akhil further insulted us and misbehaved. we had 5 tickets (n - 9, 10, 11, 12 & n 19) and obviously wanted to sit together but he insisted that our seats are not together and someone will have to sit separtely. when i said my little 4 year old cant sit alone he said but madam you can sit alone. my husband requested him to behave properly but he continued to argue.
      When him its very poor customer service he said - we are running a business!!! when we told him we are regular and know the duty manager he rudely shouted - all old staff is gone. we wanted to speak to his manager, he said she isnt not available. he gave us no feedback form to share our feedback. we missed good 20 minutes of the movie's beginning!!! we pay to watch a movie and not to get screamed upon. if your employees think its business over customer service then its a never again for us.
      Aug 30, 2016
      PVR Cinemas Customer Care's response

We had gone to purchase the tickets of sultan on the 5th of july for the 6th. We asked for 5 tickets for the evening 8.30 show but were told that it is sold out but tickets for 8.10 show is available. We agreed and took the tickets.
        On reaching the venue at 8 pm on 6th we realized that we were given the ticket for the 8.10 am show which was obviously over and our ticket is invalid.

On contracting the senior person we were told it is our responsibility to check the ticket before we leave the counter so nothing can be done. However he check at the counter for tickets for the 8.30 show as we did not want to go back without watching the show but were informed that no tickets were available.

On escalating the matter we were offered fresh tickets for the same 8.30 show on fresh payment.
        I find 3 things fishy in this incident.
        1. Was the person deliberately misguiding us to sell the tickets for the 8.10 am show as who would want to purchase the ticket for the 8.10 am show when you are asking for the evening 8.30 pm show. He purposely created the confusion to sell extra tickets.
        2. When there were no tickets for that show available at the counter how we were given 5 new tickets for the show. This means the management is keeping some tickets aside to probably sell at black later in cases of house full shows.
        3. As incase of no show in flights the tax amount is refunded. Similarly should not be the same here and the tax amount of our un - used tickets be refunded. Is it legal to retain the tax amount.
        Uresh poddar
        Jul 07, 2016
        Updated by mehulpoddar
        Ticket details :
        Theater : Vaishnavi
        Movie Sultan Date - 06/07/2016
        Time on ticket : 8.10 ( 24 hrs format)
        Seats: D-1 to D-5 Amount paid 270x5= 1350
        Ticket nos 006373 to 006377

new tickets provided

Theater : Vaishnavi
        Movie Sultan Date - 06/07/2016
        Time on ticket : 20.30 ( 24 hrs format)
        Seats: A-7 to A-11 Amount paid 270x5= 1350
        Ticket nos[protected]

PVR Cinemas — Inappropriate advertisements in kids movies

I noticed this for long now. Whenever I take my kid for an animated movie (which I suppose is meant for kids specifically), the advertisements and trailers etc. before the movie as well as in intermission are highly inappropriate. The detailed advertisements of ladies and men's undergarments or any other irrelevant ads should be strictly prohibited. This leaves many parents like me embarrassed. I hope some action is taken for regulating the...

I had booked ticket through paytm app of sultan movie.. And had applied for refund of money due to non working of air conditioner at cinema hall and other technical issue (Details as given)
          Sultan on
          Wednesday, 6th july 6:25 pm,
          At pvr aura bhopal (Screen2),
          2 seat (S): premier-h3, h2.
          Total amount-rs 446.00,
          Booking id: aura[protected],
          Kiosk id: wgbt3b4
          Wgbt3b4... Kindly refund my amount back... For which i had already applied at bhopal pvr...

PVR Cinemas — Bulk ticket booking

I wanted to book bulk tickets for my business clients in pvr cinema for rs 200 club category. But i was told that i will have to take along with it a rs 230 minimum combo which i did not have the budget.

Then i told the pvr manager that i will take the tickets from quoe, they refused me from gettig more than 10 tickets per person despite me rejoining the quoe again .

Then I asked them to give all these things...

PVR Cinemas — Food quality

21/6/2016 Tuesday 8.15 pm

I went to PVR cinemas located at Phoenix Market city pune, in movie i ordered a of Disney nachos which were given to me in a broken plastic box. It was dark inside the movie hall so i couldn't see at first but the plastic box was broken. How irresponsible it is to serve something in a broken box. What if a would have eaten a plastic piece by mistake. In interval I went to the counter and requested...

24th june, 2016. 9:15pm
            Me and my friend were stopped from leaving the venue (Pvr cinemas, allahabad) during the interval by security. They said you cannot enter once you leave, and asked us to submit our tickets if we wanted to go out. On contacting the manager, he said "one of you can go". When i pointed out to the clueless manager that not only is this stupid, but also illegal, he said that this is what he was told by higher authorities. He could not supply any written proof of these orders. It seems to me that this was a tactic between the manager and the stall owners, as i have never faced this problem in any other city, and i don't believe pvr would endorse such acts.
            I feel you should look over this matter thoroughly, as it is disrupting the faith of your customers. What in your opinion should be the resolution to this breach of freedom of choice and liberty?
            PVR Cinemas Customer Care's response

Our disgust for the movie, udta punjab actually is courtesy pvr kochi for playing spoilsport and ruining our movie experience. We literally shred and threw away our three movie tickets in disgust and this might as well be the last time we contribute to the revenue of pvr. We are regular cinema goers and lulu's pvr was always our chosen place since it opened. Sadly, we had one of the worst experience from them this time. Manager and staff were upholding the a censorship rating of the film and denying us entry because they were more concerned about the moral upbringing of our sleepy 5 year old child for a 10.30pm show on saturday. When we, as parents, are aware and convinced that our child is not going to take back anything negative from this show and our child is entirely our responsibility... Who is pvr to decide for our child and in the process, robb us of inr 600.
              Shame on pvr for such moral policing and harassing customers with valid tickets. They did not have as much courtesy of cancelling our tickets and refunding our money because they were the ones who were denying us entry into the cinema hall. So much for being truthful. Thanks pvr. Count our 600 bucks in your begging bowl and thank us!
              PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

On 19th june 2016, I had come to pvr to watch Udta punjab 7.45 pm show with my family. I was extremely dissapointed to find my self seated on a broken chair which was inclined to a very uncomfortable position. My seat no was E12 in Audi 4. Hope you take notice of that. I am a regular at this hall but was dissapointed not to find value for money for your service.

I went to pvr last night for movie udta punjab as par the guide line we know the movie is for adults only. I bought the 4 ticket he didn't ask me for my anyof my id. And evn tho i am a adult mh age is 21 but at the entry point the garud wanted to impress the female gaurd so he made a punch over me and said "lagte ni yar" she start smileing and and female gaurd to.. And my freinds well.. I felt insulted.. At i just show him my id and moved over and again when i passd away one of the security parson said to my friend he nees good diet.. I mean i was a victim of bully by the seccurity gaurds.. I haven't paid 175 buks for being a victim of bully i mean seriously if you cant judge ppl age then you shuld ask for id before giveing then the tickets.. I am freqnt buyr but now i wont went to any of the pvr onwrds.. The uneducated staff leads to shame.. For ppl.. Like me any many more..
                  PVR Cinemas Customer Care's response

Jun 16. The sound system is very bad. Have to be very attendive to listen the conversation what happening. Mobile ring tone is much louder. I felt like my home theatre 2.1 is much better. Spending money to travel n then buying tickets then audiences get cheap audio quality? While watching conjuring 2 same experience a week before. Not a single scene was scary coz sound was bad. Neither surround was kept perfect nor straight from screen set properly. Audience sound was clear and very audible. Theatre sound should be like even mobile or any other near by scream as well it shld not be heard other than movie sound. Very much dissappointed by the pvr sound management in panvel. Whole navimumbai kharghar inox n big cinemas has good sound quality.
                    Aug 27, 2016
                    PVR Cinemas Customer Care's response

We went to pvr icon at infinitymall lokhandwala to watch movie! Where they gave us ticket without any identification @11 am when asked to enter were not allowed because we did not carry our id unknowingly. Hence we requested within 5 minutes to cancel our tickets and so we could book it for later when we get our id because the movie would start in a minute and it would be too late if go back home and get our id proofs! It was staright away rejected and bad attitude was shown! We said we are regular customers and these guys wasted our 20 30 minutes of time in their unwanted discussion later giving us the permission to enter not conciderin the id, which we did not because half of the movie was over and it would be waste of time and money to see it because of them. We were very unhappy and heart broken because of their layback service which rotten our mood to see and visit that place again. We are unsatisfied and annoyed by the way they spoke to us and spoilt the day. An unpleasant experience in infinity (Person on counter kimberly)
                      PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

The other day (16 june) me and my friends went to book tickets for 19- june afternoon 4:30 show of the movie conjuring 2. we went to book 7 tickets for that particular show. when we asked the attendant for 7 tickets he replied that 7 tickets cannot be issued unless and until you take the combo of (coke+popcorn) worth rs. 110 for all the 7 people so my bill will amount to nearly (840+770)=1610. he further added that when taking more than 3...
                        I called the pvr call centre to know whether subtitles r available 4 angry birds in kochi pvr. I was told that it's available for all english movies and upon this confirmation, i persuaded someone who is hearing impaired to join the movie but it was not available which caused us severe mental trauma and deep pain for that person. I would like to know the company response....

Please provide detailed movie schedule, name of movies, movie timings etc. of PVR cinemas located in Grand mall, Velachery, Chennai.

If possible, pl. try to reduce the existing ticket rate from Rs.120/- to an amount which is feasible for the middie class like me and poor people.

Otherwise, theatres of PVR, Velachery, Chennai are excellent.

Also, parking ticket rate of Rs.50/- for five hours charged for two wheeler and Rs.100/- for five hours for four wheelers is high. If possible, that may also be reduced.
                        Aug 27, 2016
                        PVR Cinemas Customer Care's response

If possible, pl. try to reduce the existing ticket rate from Rs.120/- to an amount which may be feasible for PVR Cinemas especially for the middie class like me and poor people. Online ticket booking rate of more than Rs.30/- per ticket charged in addition to ticket rate of Rs.120/- is also very high which may also be reduced.

Otherwise, theatres of PVR, Velachery, Chennai are excellent.

Thanks & regards,

I writing to inform you that i've been charged twice for two tickets at forum mall sujana kokatpally hyderabad with out my knowledge, ideally ticket cost 150rs so for two tickets i should be charged 300rs but i was charged again 300rs which is unfair and with out my knowledge i am seeking my bank for transaction dispute. I would proceed other legal procedure to claim it.
                          My details is as follows:
                          Card number ending with: 9247 (Transaction processed between 9-10.30pm)
                          Show time: 10:30pm 3rd june 2016
                          Tickets: two seat number:a6, a7 auditorium 2
                          I purchased tickets around 9-10:30pm using my creditcard
                          PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

When I went to book tickets online for movie at PVR ampa and velachery Chennai. Ticket availability is showing but can't book tickets of rs10/- when I asked in counter of PVR ampa Chennai for RS 10/- booking is done online. But it's done online if it's not issued then remove that ticket. Were as it's easy to book RS 120/- ticket online. Using paytm. I demand an explanation.
                            PVR Cinemas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I gifted pvr gift card of amt 2000/- to my friend on her birthday in feb 2016.
                              The card was purchased online from amazon india.
                              Alongwith the card there was no instruction given like pin no, issue date or expiry date etc.
                              She tried to book tickets using the card but it required pin no. When contacted pvr cinemas in our area (Juhu) they had no idea nor could they direct her. Ultimately she decided to use the card while...