Zoomcar Complaints & Reviews

2.6
Last updated Nov 29, 2022

File a complaint to Zoomcar

Having problems with Zoomcar?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Zoomcar customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Zoomcar Website

Zoomcar Head Office Address

#308, 1st to 3rd Floor, 100 Feet Main Road, Indiranagar, 1st Stage
Bangalore North
Bangalore District
Karnataka

Zoomcar Phone Numbers

Zoomcar reviews & complaints page 201

I have booked a vitara breeza on 8/05/18 and have deposited ₹5000 as security deposit, after i returned the car i have not got my security deposit back and its been a month.
Phn no [protected]
Email rahulranjan. [protected]@gmail.com
Booking id jps62tkka

Everytime i call in the zoomcar care they are telling that they have refunderd the amount and asked me to ask in my bank, i even went to the bank they told me that they have not received any payment from zoomcar in my account. The service given by zoomcar service is the worst.
Hello Apurva,

Greetings!

We did have a check on the above escalation raised. Upon checking we see that the refund has initiated to the source Card Last 4 digits: 2557. Request you to kindly have a check with your bank once.

Jun 25, 2018
Updated by APURVA ANJAN
I have checked multiple times withmy bank I have not received any payment.Can you show me the details of the payment ?

This is regarding jps626g03 : cleaning fees & fuel reimbursement is incorrect

Its been a very disappointing trip with zoomcar. I am a consistent customer of zoomcar from past 2 years. I have done total 19 completed 4 upcoming bookings with zoomcar but this trip made my last 2 days miserable.

I have contacted zoomcar customer care for atleast 8-10 times in last 2 days to report issues regarding this booking but still my issue is not resolved, the only reply i get is "you will receive a callback in 1 hour"

Cleaning fees :
    This is the first time i have seen this amount and i totally disagree to pay this and zoomcar support also confirmed multiple times on call that this amount has been waived off but its still reflecting in payment details. Please remove this amount asap.

Fuel reimbursement :
    I was totally trusting you guys and never used to verify the amount i paid with the reimbursement done because it should be 100% paid by zoomcar but this time i paid rs.2000 and the amount reversed for fuel is rs.1500. Who will pay this extra 500???

Please give me a quick resolution for my 2 problems in this booking :
    1. Cancel/waive-off the cleaning fees
    2. Make the fuel refund amount to rs.2000 instead of rs.1500

I have 4 upcoming bookings in this week, i need to think of cancellation of these 4 bookings and also delete my zoomcar account if my issue is not resolved quickly and think of other car rent platforms available in the city.

I look forward to hear from you and zooming with you happily.
    Jul 14, 2018
    Hello Vishwas,

Greetings!

We did check the above issue and we understand your concern here. We believe one of our executives reached out to you and updated regarding the charges levied on the booking.

As informed on the call, the vehicle was dropped unclean hence you are charged as per the policy and the complete fuel amount has been added to your booking.

Zoomcar
    The trip started in pedl but cycle didn't unlock also I am not able to end trip. I am being charged here for no use the cycle seems to be not responding. It hasn't unlock since 30 minutes now. Pleasesee to it
    Hello Sajan,

Greetings!

We are sorry to know about the trouble caused. Kindly raise your concern through the below link, we shall resolve the issue on priority.

Zoomcar
    My cycle no is 100363 and I started a trip under Niveditha Rajendrakumar. I’ve locked the cycle at a Pedl station and yet the trip is still running. Please rectify the issue.
    Hello Niveditha,

Zoomcar

I had taken a swift on 27/05/18 and returned it on 05/06/18 but the issue is that they are putting false charges on me 1000 for rules broken fees and 7500 for bumper scratches... Even they had not call me and their phn cant be dialed... So pls tell that either i have to pay remaining amount or not... Since 2300 is amount which should be refund by them but they adjust it in that... Now it showing 6200 amount yet to be paid... Help me asap
      Hello User,

Greetings!

We are sorry as there is a discrepancy in the billing. Please share your booking ID for us to look into the above issue.

Zoomcar

I have completed my trip on 15th may and as per their policy the security deposit along with the fuel charges should have been refunded within 15 working days. But its been almost a month and i have not received my money till now. I have contacted the customer care 4 times and each time they have raised a complaint and promised to call back within 24 hours which has not happened all the 4 times.
        Jul 14, 2018
        Hello Srikanth,

Greetings!

We are sorry as you have not received the refund yet. Please share the booking ID for us to check the refund status.

Zoomcar
        on 26/05/2018 i have taken a ride on cycle no 101820 & same was ended by me successfully. But seems 3 times amount has been deducted from my Paytm account for same ride.
        Couple of time i have marked mail to pedl service but did not get any reply.

Details-
        Cycle No 101820

Date 26/05/2018

Trip start Time- 07.49 PM

End- 9.42 PM

This is reference to my zoomcar booking. As a new user, i booked the car tata tiago today in the afternoon for rs. 3070/-. The time period chosen was from today, june 11, 2018, 6:00 pm to june 12, 2018, 23:00 pm. As a requirement, i uploaded the driving license after it. I didn't got the confirmation nor the cancellation of my booking, so i went to the specified pick-up location as mentioned below in the mail. But since neither at my end any booking listing at my end in the mobile app nor the in-charge person there had in his app. I had no customer care number reachable so i still didn't knew as i got really frustrated and angry. After confirming from zap associates, i came to know my booking was not confirmed. This information is still not updated in neither my app nor to me via email or sms. No notification has been from your side for the refund initiation. So please look into the matter as i am really disappointed on opting for a car and that too from zoomcar and cancelling my trip. Now please make sure i get my money back as i am already very upset with the service. Also please improve your customer handling, since you provide no direct human assistance, so please do provide with one.
          Jun 14, 2018
          Money was refunded
          Updated by akkicr7
          Booking ID - JPS62NOJ7

Zoomcar — unable to receive otp

Hello
            I took a bicycle ride from near reliance mall, aundh, pune to wakad, pune. I locked the cycle. After that i logout my id. Now i am trying to login again but i am not receiving any otp. Its been more than 4 hours and i am being charged continously. Without receiving otp i cant login and scan the qr code to unlock the bicycle. Because of that i cant end the trip also. Please resolve my problem as soon as possible.

My...

I booked a Zoom Car for 4 hours. The car was delivered to me as per my request. The car came with torn upholstery, missing seat adjustment handles and loose mud flaps. The driver, at drop time, took multiple images of the car before delivery. As a precaution, I took pictures of the damaged parts (as I could see them) before I took delivery. After my usage, barely 15km in those 4 hrs, the person coming to pick up the car also took images.

Later, I was sent a message that I have been charged Rs 5000 towards damages. When I called their helpline to ask for clarifications and after I informed them that I had taken pictures, I was informed to file a complaint on their website and to upload the images. It has been more than 10 days and there has been no resolution. In the meanwhile, I am getting constant reminders to pay the Rs 5000 charges.

I believe Zoom Car sends bad cars and makes money by fraudulently charging customers for damages that have been done prior to delivery.
            Jul 19, 2018
            Hello Anaokar,

Greetings!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your reservation. We are sorry that the vehicle was handed over in such condition.

This is definitely not the service that we aim to offer our customers. Please share your booking ID for our reference, we shall have a check on the escalation raised and we will do the needful to resolve the same.

Zoom Car — inefficient customer support and customer focus

I have booked a zoomcar in pune booking id - jps620q19 for 5 days from 27/05/2018 to 01/062018.
              1. The delivery was at 10 p. M but there was no contact from zoom car. When i called the customer care the booked car was not available. This should be intimated beforehand and could have jeopardize my trip which was booked well in advance of 2 month.
              Ultimately i got an alternate car in which i dint have much of a choice.
              2. My...

Zoom Car — refund not received from zoom car

I have completed my trip on 26may 2018 and i till now i haven’t received me security refund amount back. The policy say that amount will be reflected upto 15 days and its 16th day. Worst service i have ever seen. I dont know why it takes too long for refunding amount. Very poor experience. I have email them many times but they are not providing me any resonable response....

Had made a booking on 05/06/2018 at 9.30 pm. Vehicle was hyundai i20. Fuel was insufficient with a single point with a fuel refill indicator switched on. So I had to refill fuel with Rs 500.. After my ride. When I submitted fuel bills to claim refund they say they cannot reimburse. This is what they replied :-
              "we would like to inform you that as per Zoomcar norms fuel refund will be processed based on the estimation. However, as per our records, there was sufficient fuel provided at the time of pick-up. Hence, we are sorry to inform you that the fuel estimation is zero.

As per our fuel calculation, the estimated amount is 0/- for the booking id JPS62X64W. However, we calculate the mileage of the vehicle is (inclusive of AC usage and the traffic) is taken into the consideration and moderately calculated start percentage of the fuel and end percentage of the fuel on existing fuel cost/ litre."

The above reply is totally ###. I know how much fuel it showed. I refilled the fuel. And they do not refund it coz of some ### estimations of their own designed to screw the customers. Zoom car cheats customer like this. I have come across many such complaints. And even I am one among them now. I will have to think a lot before choosing zoom car again. Never ever suggest any of my friends too to ho with zoomcar.

Zoomcar — very bad experience

We had an extremely bad experience renting car from zoomcar. They do not
                Inform you about the policies clearly n then ask for some hidden charges
                While returning the car. Moreover and most important the car was not in good condition. No proper horn, no working headlights n this we were not aware as we rented the car in morning n was not sure that the headlights were so badly working in dark. Due to it's bad condition the experience...

I had booked a zoomcar (At bangalore) on 3rd june 2018 [booking id : jps62b4fq]. Though i booked i20 but i got jazz (Ka 03 ae 1011) at the last moment. After driving for few hours some pungent smell i could smell coming out of the engine. I stopped and checked but could not find any reason but few drivers at the spot told me that it is due to faulty clutch plate. I stopped for 15-20 min then again started and again foul smell was coming. So finally i have stopped using the car and parked it in my parking and opted for ola/uber though i have kms remaining and hours remaining.

I have called and complained, also sent email through app. But the response from customer care is that, "you will get call back from concerned team". Later nothing happened, but one guy (From driveu) came and took the car back as it was homedelivery car.

Later they have put 3000 as outstanding. Upon asking they are telling that rim has bent. There was a puncture and i have replaced the tyre. Later i requested to customer care and then said "i will get a call back". That point of time outstanding was 3000. I got a call back at midnight 2:30am.

Again i called back customer care, they said "we work 24 hours, so call back was done at mid night". Again one more call back was scheduled between 8am to 6pm but that never happened and now the "3000" outstanding amount is updated as "5000".

Can someone explain how outstanding amount has changed? I do not understand how someone can charge for already damaged car. Zoomcar now a days have zero maintained car (Car was given by marathahalli zoom car).

Now i am getting only automated sms and few ivr calls to pay the outstanding amount asap. I want my concern to be addressed first then we can talk about any outstanding.
                Jul 23, 2018
                Hello Shayan,

We are sorry that you are yet to receive an update from our team regarding the charges levied on the booking.

We will ensure that our representatives reach out to you and share an update on the issue.

Requesting your patience in the interim.

Sowmya

Hello sir i am gajendra shakya from gwalior
                  I had created account in your zoom car.com today
                  1. Subscription id i8304e
                  2. Car karugi swift at
                  3. Tenure 24
                  4. Delivery address. Koteshwar chandra nagar, thakur mohalla gwalior, delhi ncr - 474003
                  Sir actually gwalior city madhya pradesh me hai.
                  Deu to by mistake delhi ncr ho gya hai.
                  Sir my account has debited 2100/- & 24638/-so please sir refund my money in my account fastly and please sir reply me on my email id gajju.[protected]@gmail.com

Hi team
                    According to pedl policy the ride should auto end after 10 min if it is parked in pedl station but it didnt end and it continuied for 1 whole day pedl number is 100177 on 6th june (5:06pm)-7th june (11:22am)
                    I had used it exactly for 1 hr but i was charged 99rs as the trip did'nt end eventhough it was parked in pedl station please kindly look into it and refund my amount back into my paytm wallet as fast as possible.

Location is iit madras sindhu hostel area iit and sports complex iit.

Thankyou
                    Jun 20, 2020
                    Done
                    Jun 10, 2018
                    Updated by vrcool310
                    If i am going to zoomcar app and trying for the option of refund in mytrip it is asking about the information given is useful or no if i click no for refund it is not loading further in my mobile to claim the refund.

name:-vijay
                    location:-IITmadras
                    Hello Vijay,

Please accept our apologies for the trouble caused. Please send an email through our contact us page for our team to have a check and do the needful.

Rohit
                    Zoomcar

I used the zoomcar cycle for 26 minutes. When i tried to end my trip it first showed timed out. Then in one of my attept to end the trip the payment window appeared and showed no outstanding to pay even when i had balance in my paytm account.
                      Help me with this.
                      Vinayak
                      Cycle no. : 3237279
                      Area : near ideal colony ground
                      Hello Vinayak,

Zoomcar

Hi. I have booked pedl cycle in my nearest location. And i completed my trip at 9.02 a. M today from 7.02 a. M. After completing trip i held bycle at same place and tryingg to end the trip. But still i am not able to end my trip. Please end the trip. I was strugling from past 2 hours. Can you please end this trip. When ever i try to end trip getting like retry.
                        Hello Chandra,

We are sorry to know that you are unable to end the trip.

Kindly send an email through our contact us page sharing your trip details. We shall check and resolve the issue on priority. Here’s the link for your reference - https://www.zoomcar.com/bangalore/contactus

Sowmya

Zoomcar — pedl unable to end trip

I booked cycle 3250150 and trip started but cycle never got unlocked, also i am not able to end the trip tried 100 times, i have already sent a email to pedl support team but there is no response. On top of that there is no customer care number available to log pedl cycle complaint.
                          It's been a eight hours now.
                          Its so frustrating, help plssss! End the cycle trip....

My booking ID JPS624WU7 from 23rd may 5'30 AM to 25th may 1'30 PM.I extended my booking upto 8'30 PM of 25th may by paying around Rs.700.The customer care personnel told me that I can drop the car in any of the zoom car sheds present in Coimbatore.So, I went to the Airport shed to drop my car.But the zoom car personnel did not allow me to drop it there and told me to drop the car from where i picked.I told him that i was instructed to drop the car in any of the sheds.But he didn't even listen to me.After much arguements in the freezing night, I dropped the car from where i picked at 2'30 AM.I uploaded the fuel bills of worth Rs.1500.But the zoom car admin charged me more than Rs.5000 as late fee and charges.This came to my notice only after few days.I seriously condemn the zoom cars for the false charging and request them to refund the security deposit and the fuel bills as soon as possible.
                          Jul 23, 2018
                          Hello Ajai,

Greetings!

We have made the necessary changes in your account. We have created the refund through IMPS. A link has been shared to your registered email ID. Kindly log into your Zoomcar account on the website and login to your email ID then click on the link. Add your bank credentials and submit. The refund amount will be instantly transferred to your bank account. Once again, apologies for the delay.

Rohit
                          Zoomcar

We had a ride more than a week back[may 27th] with mahindra kuv [booking id jps62fe6i]. The trip was from bangalore to yercaud. During the trip, we faced issues with engine and mileage which we already complained in the mid-way. Also, during the trip one of the rear tyre got punctured and we replaced it with the spare available in the dicky of the car. When we checked the tyre pressures in a petrol bunk, we could find that each tyre was having high variations in air pressures. This itself shows the poor maintenance by zoomcar before handing over to the customer.
                            Once the trip ended, we received damage charges of 4500 in relation to the rear tyre. We complained via customer care and requested for more details on the charges levied on us. But we didn't get any response. We enquired numerous times with customer care, but noone was sure of any kind of info related to the case. We received automated mails only on the bill payment reminders and not a single mail for the complaint raised. When enquired, the customer care official says they have taken it up on high priority, but no update to the customer. Finally, we received a mail after a week or so saying the levied charges are valid and accurate... Thatsit! No other info...
                            [ point to be noted: in one mail they have mentioned damage charges as 1000 and as 4500 in account ]
                            We responded back to the mail asking for more details, but still we didn't receive any response. Even after multiple mails from our end, we received no prompt response.
                            After more than a week, we received a call today[june 9th] saying the charges are valid[as usual] and i have to pay the amount asap; and threatened me stating legal issues. And its really irritating that noone is ready to give a proper clarity on the damage charges levied on us. Do we need to pay 4500 for puncture which we have replaced with the available spare...?
                            We are ready to pay the amount, but we need more clarity on what sort of damage we have done. If they are not ready to give explanation means there must be a problem from their end and they are not ready to disclose it with us.

We customers have the right to get clarity on the charges levied on us. The way zoom car is charging customers is a clear and serious case of cheating!!!
                            Jul 17, 2018
                            Jun 09, 2018
                            Related case :

Please find few relevant screen-shots there
                            Updated by Sreenath A
                            We are still waiting for word from you @ZoomCar!!! As usual, we are waiting for your delayed response. When can we expect a reversal and descent resolution to the issue?
                            Hello Sreenath,

Greetings!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your reservation. This is definitely not the experience we aim to provide to our customers.

We did investigate on the issue and we are sorry to inform you that we would not be able to waive off the damage charges applied on the booking as the damage occurred during your reservation. Also, we believe that our team reached out to you and have informed you the same.

Appreciate your kind cooperation and understanding in this regard.

Updated by Sreenath A
                            @zoomcar Team: We are receiving the same copy paste updates from your team ever since we started enquiring, that too delayed response. What you believe is not fully correct. One of your team has reached out to us just once inorder to compel and threaten us in paying the amount. We have already updated multiple times reg. the the issue. And we are really sorry to say, its difficult to trust the pic of the punctured tyre you guys have sent us 2 weeks after the trip. We are damn sure that the puncture was not that bad as your pic. A full brand new tyre costs less that 4.5K and you guys are compelling your customers to pay 4500 just for a puncture? It would have been used by many customers before our trip and thus enough ear and tear would have occurred for the tyre. So please get back to us with reasonable charges. Else we might be forced to go to even higher levels.
                            Jun 14, 2018
                            Updated by Sreenath A
                            There is an interesting development in the case. We have received a mail stating legal issues and civil proceedings. This is really cheap way of looting money from customers. And there is no justification for the charges levied on the customer @ZoomCar : we haven't seen such a worst Customer support anywhere.

PFA: relevant screen-shots of the mail.
                            Please find other mails from us to Zoom car in the related case: https://www.consumercomplaints.in/zoom-car-b111572/page/202#get-cl1982454

Whole new branded tyre costs less than Rs.4500. Asking customers to pay 4500 just for a puncture is ridiculous, that too they are giving reasons after 2 weeks of time. Sad to say that I'll not use zoomcar services anymore.

This is the same case with most of the customers.
                            Sreenath A's [Complaint's author] reply, Jun 9, 2018
                            You are right Sangamesha, the puncture wasn't that bad as I remember. First of all, the car we received wasn't properly maintained which we already complained in the mid of the trip. Again the air pressure in the tyres - one side 25, the other side 37; again another tyre not even near to it. Many people might have used the car as well before our trip. Hence it might have gone through enough wear and tear. If we received an improperly maintained car and if the tyre got punctured, do we need to pay an amount of 4500+???

Also as I already mentioned, we don't think the puncture was that bad as per the pic shared by Zoom Car. Also, most importantly Zoom car Team has shared the pic after 2 weeks!!! Where were they all till date? How many times we tried to grab the info from them??? How can we trust it's genuine? We have seen numerous such complaints against the company from other customers online.

@Zoom Car Team: Treat your Customers as your guests and have/build a trustworthy relationship!!!

Hopefully you guys will come up with a proper workaround!
                            I have seen multiple complaints against zoomcar now. Let's see how long they take to respond and how the issue is handled.

Better not to use their services if the customer service isn't good enough. People use these services for convenience. If it's not hassle free, there is no point at all, availing such services.
                            Worst service ever!!!.

They have to know it's them who needs the customer and threatening to just pay the bill without proper justification.So poor service...

They have to realise that they depend on the customers and not vice versa.

Providing the customers with cars with damaged tyres is a threat to life for the customer itself ..this is not the way to make profit for a genuine business.

Too bad, seems like we have to switch to other rental services.
                            I would not even like to rate one star after seeing this detailed complaint which has written here. Zoom Car has got it's fame now and that doesn't mean that this the way to take money from the customers. If a fine has been taken from advance amount it should be on the bill, why zoomcar has charged this amount of money. And in this world taking a picture and showing to the customer will be the ideal case, so that people will have trust in zoomcar. Here in this case without even showing the damage taking money is the worst thing which zoomcar can do. I guess the officials of zoomcar should step down and clarify the issue.

Rather than breaking the trust of customers who actually depend on zoomcar.

Not a proud user of zoomcar.
                            4500 is a ridiculous amount of money asking for a puncture. Since they haven't provided any information which the client asked, there is something fishy in zoom car's service charges. Clearly this is overcharging. I would not use zoom car since I have found many complaints against them.
                            I hope this issue gets acknowledged and rectified at the earliest.
                            The worst service by Zoomcar. The least score is 1, hence giving it. If there was an option "-1" I would have definitely rated that. I will never use Zoom car and make sure that none of my friends uses it. Zoom car team charged us an extra of ₹4500 as "damage charges" where in, only the rare tyre was punctured. I don't know who is the great mechanic who charges ₹4500 for a puncture fix.

Team, please let us know if you want tips we are generous to give you. Please don't charge like this, you will definitely loose customers. If you want run your business under profit try to increase the base price instead of looting the money from customers.

Please try to fix the above issue. Thanks
                            Dear User,

We are sorry to know about the charges levied on the booking.

Kindly share your booking ID for our reference, we shall have a recheck on the charges levied and we will do the needful to resolve the same.

Zoom Car — regarding a booking

Today i have booked a car ford figo in the evening booking id is jps626pr9. Booking details :- 8th june 2018 (8:00 pm) to 9th june 2018 (7:00 am). I am facing a issue right now when i booked zoom car i had selected madhapur location as my self pick up point. But i have been asked to pick my car 41 km away from my place. I spoke to your customer care executive named arvind who was mentioning that i have booked for that place which is 41 km...