[Resolved]  Godrej Washing Machine - Model GWS 6201 — Godrej washing machine - A curse for a working woman

I had purchased a Godrej Washing Machine - GWS6201 6.2 KG on 30 March 2008 at S C Shah & Co (P) Ltd, No 159 & 160 North Usman Road, T. Nagar, Chennai-17.

Since the third month of purchase, I have been facing problems like spin bush not working, water leakage, spin motor not working, etc. Some of my complaint nos: 172025, 331591, 299312, 267032, 274573, and so on, latest being 386041. Till date the problem has not been rectified and to my surprise, the problem has not been identified!!!!!!! I had asked for a replacement initially, however, was told only service for non-working parts can be done. Till now nearly all the parts of the machine including wash tub has been replaced but the problem is not solved.

In between these, two months ago, the service centre manager, Shiva, rudely said that the spin motor could not be sent as it was likely to rain that day. The following week, i was told that there was no stock of spin motor. How can they use the spare part knowing that my complaint was pending for more than a year? In the second week of Jan 2010, I spoke to Shanthi in customer care who sent the spare part immediately but again the technician said he cannot complete the job as some other part was not working. Now this complaint has become a part of my life. I have spoken to Sathya kumar - God knows to what extent and how many years more this is going to continue. One thing is for sure, the warranty period is going to end this March without me using the product.

I am very unhappy about getting such a poor service and response from Godrej - A company that I know for best customer service. I have been very patient until now but if I am not getting a solution, I am driven to seek justice in the consumer court.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

hi,
I am Mrs. Aparna Manoj Rahane resident of New Sangvi, pune 27.
I purchased a Godrej GWF600FX Fuzzy logic washing machine from Jogdeo & Company Laxmiroad Pune 30 on 17th July 2009.
then the godrej demo man with Mob No.[protected] attending me neither fitted the rat mesh by himself nor he asked me to do so.
The resultant cutting of the internal wiring of the machine by a rat was observed on 22nd Nov 2009.
so I complained about this to Jogdeo & company on 25th nov 2009.
As per TM-Godrej'sms my service call No is 965990.
I have sent mail to the godrej 5 times and I have called to the service manager Pune(Manu Sharma) several times
& till now I didn’t get any response from the godrej…