Shanti Scooters Pvt Ltd Pune — Bike services

To,
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
Commercial Complex II, Sector: 49-50
Golf Course Extension Road,
Gurgaon, Haryana (122018) India

Sub: Complain of M/s Shanti scooters Pvt Ltd.Pune.

It is very sad to write to you about the experience I had during frequent visits to Shanti Scooters Service station, Pune.

On 07th Feb 2016 I gave my Honda Unicorn (Kick start, model 2005, Reg no MH12 DB4318) for engine work. I was experiencing some vibrations on the fuel tank, foot-pegs, handle bar. As I am a technical person I guessed about the fault area. It was related to some engine bearing noise.

Initially the service station gave me feedback of the bike and asked me to change the engine bearings which caused the vibrations.

Later he suggested me to change the piston-engine block assembly. I asked him to get it bored & replace the liner, where he said it would be costly and such things are not done by Honda. Is it really??

Service station then changed the block piston assembly. Also they changed the clutch assembly, clutch cable, cam chain, lifter assembly tensioner without plates without my consent and intimating me. Why...??? Very frustrating after you see such wrong things.

For just an issue of vibration which I feel it was from the engine bearings, the service guy had changed only two bearings from the engine (Bearing Roller 30x58x17 part no 91001-KSP-913 and Bearing Needle 22x29x16.8 part no 91022-KSP-900) and lot of more things other parts which caused the vibration. For the issue of only two bearings he gave me estimate of 9-10 k and asked me, rather convinced me to change most of the parts which would had not required. Meanwhile they also broke the tail lamp fender of my motorcycle.

Then again on 17th March 2016 I visited for the same engine sound and engine vibration issue. They adjusted something, it worked for a week and then again the engine sound and vibration was coming from the engine.

Another visit I made on 08th May 2016 for the same problems. They repeatedly did same thing.

Then I made one more visit to service station on 04th June 2016 and this time they asked me to change the crankshaft assembly. Whoa… Didn’t they realized it before I poured a huge amount of money??

Alongwith the crankshaft assembly they also changed the camshaft assembly that too without my consent and without intimating me. Why??

After June I visited regularly the service station four times for the same problems.

DOES HONDA WANTS ITS CUSTOMER TO VISIT THE SERVICE STATION REGULARLY FOR SAME REPEATABLE ISSUES??????
Later I visited the service station on 26th June, 23rd Sept, 18th Nov, 26th nov, 03rd Dec and finally met with Mr.Gilani and Mr Anil.Bhoi on 21st Dec 2016.

As I have earlier mentioned that the engine vibration, engine roughness, engine overheating issues are non-frequent and unfortunately when Mr.Bhoi tested my bike he didn’t found any issues. But still I feel the issues every now and then.

I cannot visit the service station so frequently/regularly because I too work for some organization. And I too have lot of other work to do.

Still after getting the bike work done I am not at all satisfied with the kind of work they had done. I am still feeling the engine vibrations whereas it should not be at all. The engine block & piston is new so the bike should rev like a new bike but it does not... I feel to be duped by these guys and they have used some low quality/duplicate/used parts to my bike and charged me heavily...
I don't have a MoneyPlant Sir... I am just a common man who respects the hard earned money...

Also they don't have any spares inventory. I agreed for a black color engine block because they didn't have any inventory neither they were quick at ordering it within 7 - 10 days. My bike was in service station from 07th to 18th Feb 2016.

Service station had also given me the Engine Health Assurance policy. I asked them to overhaul the engine once again and check if the parts have manufacture defects. But they denied to me and told that engine is fine. How can engine be fine if it is making weird sound and vibration.
Now I request you to refund me the entire amount what I have spent. As I am not at all satisfied by the kind of parts used and kind of service Shanti Scooters give to its customer.

Please do the needful.