[Resolved]  Orion Appliances/Power H2O — Damage caused by Technician

I have a PowerH2O water Purification system installed at my home At C-21, Aryaman Bunglows, Thaltej-Shilaj Road, Shilaj, Ahmedabad 380058.
On 15th May, 2013, the technician was here for servicing the system. While servicing, he spilled some water on the part of the system that holds, among other parts, adapter.
This morning the system stopped working, so I opened the plastic cover of the system and immediately smelt something burning. I Switched off the system and checked to see where was the smell coming from and saw that the AC to DC Adapter had burnt and melted about an inch of the hard plastic casing, the photo of which is attached.
I called the company's office and talked to the technician's supervisor Mr. Rajendra Joshi, thinking that a person of that level will be able to understand the issue, mistake and will make good for the technician's inefficiency and carelessness.
But to my surprise Mr. Joshi flatly refused to take any responsibility for it, and implied that I will have to pay for the technician's inefficiency and carelessness.
Since it was the matter of drinking water, I HAD to get it fixed at the cost of Rs. 518.
The reason and purpose of my complaint is not to recover Rs. 518, but total disregard of the big companies/institutions to take responsibility for their work.
Rs. 518 is not going to make me poor, but if all consumers meekly accept this arrogant attitude of big corporations/companies, how will they learn to give their consumers quality service and their money's worth!....
Until the company is heavily fined, and made to take responsibility for their inefficiency, more consumers will become its victims and companies will not be willing to give knowledgeable, efficient and quality service and continue to make profits without efficiency, at the cost of the consumers....
Hope you will take some action and MAKE them understand their responsibility towards their customers...
If you have any more questions, please call me or email me.

Bharat Patel