Railways
2.4

Railways Complaints & Reviews

We were travelling with our family from coimbatore to thirussur on 9th April by Guwati Trivandrum Express.
We hav booked in sleeper class.To our surprise sleeper class was like unreserved compartment.people with general tickets were sitting whereever they like.This was the worst experience.moreover some were so rude that when we were not in seat for 5 min,they occupied our space.we had to force them to get up.
So with reserved tickets we travelled like unreserved people.The funniest thing was in travel from coimbatore to Thrissur we dt nt see any TTR to check the tickets.Please take necessary actions for these type of incidents.

Railways — OPERATION OF MMTS TRAINS

I would like to bring to your kind notice that I am regularly commuting in MMTS train starting from Falaknuma to Lingampally since two years along with my colleagues and other employees of different software companies located at Hitechcity. During recent period there has been exorbitant increase in passengers traveling in these route, we find very difficult to board the train at Secunderabad and also due to sudden reduction of number of...

I being a bi-monthly passenger from Kasaragod (kerala) to Kollam in the sleeper coach of Maveli express( Train no 6603 ) forced to lodge this complaint due
    to the inconvenience faced by me.
    Nowadays huge number of waitlisted passengers are allowed to enter into sleeper coaches even during the night time.They creates lot of difficulties to the passengers travelling in reserved berths. TTE allows waitlisted passengers to stay in sleeper coaches at night without any hesitation.
    I humbly request you to make necessary steps to avoid over accomodation in sleeper coaches.

My confirm Ticket from Khandawa to Secunderabad. Dated[protected] by Train No: 0779A PNR No:[protected] acutal depature Time from Khandawa at 20.10.
      But the train left the station at 19.15 ( before time ). The Station Manager asked us to go to next station Nepa Nagar where the train was stopped. We where around 30 passangers. The SS on duty did not want to get into problem, so cleverly he got us into the Goods train going on the same route, saying the train 0779A is waiting at the next station, by the time we reached the said station the SS said it has already left to the next station and we where forced to proceed in Goods train till Raver. There the DY.S.S. asked us to get down from the goods train since the train was not going to Bhusaval, and asked us to board the coming train Punjab Mail 2138up, till Bhusaval, and said that being a junction the train is holded there, when we reached Bhusaval no Railway officer was ready to take any kind of responsibility. The Journey from Khandawa to Bhusawal was like a hell, since iwas travelling with my spouse and a 7 year old kid. The entire Railway system is 3rd grade. I do not know how i will get my refund back, and how to sue the Railways and the Officers involved in this issue. How can a train leave the Station 45 minutes before time leaving the passangers ? Can some one guide or inform the right mail id: where i can lodge the complaint against this Railway officers and there working system.

Respected Sir,

I am a student of engineering, which is located in Boisar(Theem college of Engineering). I live in Dadar and most of the students of our college come from Mumbai side. One of my classmates comes from Dombivali. So, we students have to spend 5 to 6 hours in travelling itself. Also there are no sufficient autorickshaws in Boisar, so as to reach the station(there are totel 240 students presently but after July 2010 more 240 students will join the college. So there will be more autorickshaw problem). Sometimes, when we reach the station, we are one to two minutes late and the train is gone. There is so much interval of time between the arrival of trains (going towards Mumbai) at Boisar station. After one train is gone, the other train comes 1 hour after the previous train. Hence we do not get much time for study. Till we reach home, it is already 8 pm.

The names of the trains (going towards Mumbai from Boisar station) and their timings are as follows :-
        1) Virar shuttle ----> 3:18 pm
        2) Saurashtra express ----> 4:28 pm
        3) Firozpur express ----> 5:40 pm
        4) Bandra intercity express ----> 6:22 pm

(Our college usually ends at 5 pm, but sometimes they even leave us at 3pm or 4 pm)

So, please Sir, it is my humble request to increse the number of trains between 3 to 6 pm at Boisar station OR start the Churchgate- Dahanu Local trains as soon as possible OR increase number of Memu locals. Please, this is affecting our studies, this message is from all the students

yours sincerely,
        a troubled citizen
        Dahanu-Churchategate Local trains were about to start at June-2010, but once again the date is postponed...so many times in last 7-8 years the date was declared and posponed...( ha.. this is india !!! ) and all bloody, corrupted minister of all parites are resposible for this...
        my comment is that why most of the politicians only see to developement
        of mumbai.They should also see to the developement of rest of the maharshatra.

"If there is any problem in mumbai the media makes a big issue of that
        But if there is any such problem in place other than mumbai in maharashatra
        the media never turns up to it.

Whenever the tv is on there are most of the mumbai related issues.
        I suggest and also request the media to also telecast the problems faced by rest of maharashatra".
        Yes ...i am entirely agreed to this ...As i am also suffering ...I work at vasai .
        I left the office at 6.00pm in the evening but i have to spend 1.30 hrs on virar platform as there is no train after 6.00 pm memo and i wait till valsad passanger which usually comes late by 15 to 20 minuts ie at 7.40 pm.i am humbly request
        to do somthing as soon as possible.Atleast increase the frequency of Momo trains...Deepak Vaity-Saphale...
        Dahanu Local will start on June - 2020

The current ticket issue counters at Dadar east for platforms 7 and 8 are manned mostly by 2 persons only. There is no way to get platform ticket easily in the evenings. One has to wait for 20 minutes. While going to the platform 7 or 8 at night 9 pm there is no person --ticket checker . But while coming out, promptly 6 persons are there for ticket verification though there is train arrival in platform 7 or 8 at that time --9.30 p.m. or 9.40 p.m. many times one gets doubt as to whether tickets are issued with delay prompting people to go without platform ticket so that they can be caught.

Dear Sir

PNR NO.[protected]

I have filed my request for refund of money under the subject PNR on 13.08.2009 with Raiways through IRCTC online mechanism. All the documentary proofs/documents required by the department have been submitted.

Now, despite repeated requests and reminders through mail, no information from raiways or IRCTC is being given to me.

Request you to please help me by registering my application under consumer court and arrange for the justice.

Sheeraz Ainul

Dear Sirs,
              My wife and 2 children travelled to Thanjavur from Coimbatore on 24.12.2009.
              The ticket was booked by me online PNR no. [protected] and it is a confirmed Tatkal ticket.During journey the ticket was verified by a TTE who has not raised any objection on showing the photo copy of my wife's PAN card as ID.
              But at the destination Thanjavur a ticket collector has cross verified and did not allow them to go.
              He behaved arrogantly and without even considering that the passenger is a woman with kids,he adamantly demanded a fine of Rs.1031/.My wife and kids were left out after being harassed for nearly an hour and paying the penalty.
              It is ridiculous to ask for the original ID proof only from passengers holding online booked tickets.The rule has to be amended to accept photocopies or generalise the ID rule for booking at counters also.
              How can a valid ticket holder be penalised just for not having original ID proof ?Is it not a violation of customer rights?
              While the Railway is promoting reservations through internet,what is the necessity to harass the passengers just by having an ID proof rule?
              The TTE at Thanjavur station was not at all human by his rude attitude he has shown to a Lady passenger that too with kids.

I, Sandeep, make a humble submission that I booked a parcel contain Bike, Fridge and House Hold Items items at Kota Jn railway station Rajasthan to be delivered at Visakhapatnam junction AP on Dec04 2009, wide Builty no.09C 613645 . But till date the parcel is not delivered to me. I have repeatedly contacting the Station Authority at Visakhapatnam junction but they are saying that the parcel in question has not been received.

I am living 20 KM far from the railway station and it is difficult for me to travel to railway station daily. I had asked several times for there numbers where I could do the inquiry of my parcel. But they all are not willingly to help.

Therefore, it is requested to you to kindly look into the matter and do the needful at the earliest to deliver the goods to me.

With a deep sense of gratitude

Yours faithfully,

Sandeep
                Mobile: [protected]

I've booked tickets from Bangalore to Tiruppur in1013 Kurla-Coimbatore Express to board on[protected] scheduled at 10.15pm from Cantonment Station. When I entered the station at 9.30pm, the sign board said that the train is "indefinitely late," means no one in this world knows where the train is and how much time it will or it may take to reach Bangalore. We waited for more than 2 hours and still the same display and same answer from the reservation clerk. I went up to the station master and he said the train is expected (again may or may not) come only in the morning at around 5am. We came back home in the midnight at 12.30am....and trainenquiry.com gives no real time information. It says the train is expected to arrive (ETA) at 5.30 am and expected to depat (ETD) at 4.35am. Wow only Indian Railways can go back in time, may be they have a special time machine.

Yes, we very well understood that train getting late due flood and various reasons is inevitable. But ultimately the information should be accordingly given out to the poor passengers who had booked tickets 90days in advance. This is a highly irresponsible and careless attitude of oue railways should change. In this era of realtime data communication, why not the railways could pass on the information available to the public smartly. Atleast take some effort to exchange information within themselves. Heights of the comedy is when I called up the Cantonment Station, the station master said 1013 is expected at 5 am, immdiately I called up Hosur station and a lady there said 1013 is expected after 11am. Railways please grow up.

Indian Railways — Irresponsibility of Indian Railways(lack of communication)

I have booked my ticket with PNR number #[protected] on 21st of last month for the Train Number#8048 from KURNOOL(KRNT) to KACHEGUDA(KCG), Journey date will be on 05/10/2009 and my seat numbers are S10:41,42 and 45
                  But unfortunately, This train has not come on 05 oct 2009 to kurnool.

And I heard that for this train 8048 there is no route via kurnool and they will attach the coach(Usually S10) which should go hyderabad to another train#7604 in Dhone Junction.
                  We have waited to catch that train in Kurnool, but unfortunately that coach(S10) not attached in Dhone Junction.

Now what my question is how will issue the ticket with the train 8048 to kurnool passengers and attach that coach to another train without any intimation to passangers.If that is official thing why did not attach the coach this time.

I want to know what is your process on this, if there is a mistake from your side do I need to go to consumer forum to claim this or if the train has not come on that perticular day why did not you refund my money till now. Is there any process to get my money back.

We have faced so much problem on that day with my family and children.

Need your quick responce for this.
                  In addition to Mr.Siva's address towards lack of responsiveness by IR, even myself was about to board from Bangalore station on Oct-15-2009 by 3:25pm (as per schedule) but delayed as per IR's comments " Indefinite delay by 10hrs". In spite of waiting for an hour or so & then the management decided to put up a message board & message running across the so called automated digital board stating that " Indefinite delay by 10hrs". While inquiring at the Counter the fellow associate of IR is totally blank on what he does nor what information he has received from the management. There is a total uncertainty on the message passed on to the commuters. Please refer the link as below:

http://www.trainenquiry.com/RunningTT_Display.aspx?drop_sel=1014&date=15/10/... LOKMANYA+TT+EXP

This is utter shame on the system & a robust system has to be in place to inform the commuters well ahead of time rather beating around the bush. Thats why we are still called "developing nation" we are still evolving & evolving. I think as a public servant/organisation (IR) try to provide more service to the nation(i.e.people) rather than eye washing people with your anomalous system.

Jai hind