[Resolved] Home Town, Bangalore — Very bad after sales service.
MMurali Krishna M
This is a copy of the mail I sent to [protected]@home-solutions.co.in (Pantaloons, Future Group Venture)
Let me begin by saying that I am a highly disappointed with your sales/support people, and your process.
I am so disappointed that I don't think I will ever buy anything else from any of your stores ever again, even if you give the item for free.
Here is why I am disappointed.
1. On 22-Dec-2009, I purchased an imported "Robin Center Table" worth Rs. 16,500.00 (ARN: [protected]) using my Citibank Debit Card.
2. For 3 days, nobody comes to fix the item. Even worse, nobody even calls me to inform when they will fix the item.
3. After almost a dozen calls, I manage to get the Furniture Department's manager's number, Mr. Roshan, and requested him to send someone to fix the item.
4. One Mr. Vijay came to fix the item, and when the package was opened, we found that it was damaged in Transit.
5. I immediately called up Mr. Roshan and informed him about the damage. Mr. Vijay repacked the item and left the place.
6. Mr. Roshan was supposed to arrange for the pick up the damaged item and give me a fresh piece.
7. After another 3-4 days, nobody comes to pick up the damaged item, and unless that is picked up, seems you people cannot place an order for a new one (what a stupid reason to give).
8. I called Mr. Roshan repeatedly, and he always said that someone will pick up the item on the same day or next day.
9. After 10 frustrating days of continuous calls, I personally visited your store on 03-Jan-2010, and talked to Mr. Roshan in person.
10. Mr. Roshan promised me that the damaged item would be picked up on the next day itself (on 04-Jan-2010).
11. After all this, nobody came to pick up the item until 10-Jan-2010. Then I called Mr. Roshan and informed him that nobody picked up the item even after my personal visit and follow-up.
12. He then asked me to personally bring the item so he could give me a display piece (again a stupid thing to ask a customer to carry the item personally).
13. Should I pay Rs. 16,500.00 for a center table to get an old display piece after 20 days of frustration?
14. I decided to end this and cancel the order, because he said it will take 15 more days to get a fresh piece after I return the damaged one.
15. I was again surprised to hear that once the order is cancelled, it will take 15 days for the money to get credited back to my account (I had used a debit-card).
16. My account gets debited immediately when I buy something, and you people need 15 days to refund an online transaction, that too a debit card transaction?
17. In my opinion, this process is too long and very inefficient for these high-speed era when everything happens online in seconds.
18. And worst of all, it took Mr. Roshan 1.5 hours to just cancel the order, and I was just waiting there in your shop as if I owe you guys something.
Finally, Ms. Reshma Pinto promised me that the transaction will be reverted, and the confirmation sent to me via email by this Wednesday, 13-Jan-2010.
Personally, this is the worst experience I have ever had in my 30 years of living in Bangalore. Even the roadside and petty goods vendors are more prompt and quick in their service even for sales worth just Rs. 100.
One customer and Rs. 16,500.00 may not make a big difference to your business, but this experience has been a big lesson for me to not go by just the brand names or trust your sales/service quality.
I only hope that at least the transaction reversal happens on time and don't make me wait for weeks together to get my money back.
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020