[Resolved]  Home Town-Vikhroli — Defective delivery

I purchased sofa cum bed from Home town on 14-Aug. The delivered furniture was defective with 1 rod missing and the cover without the zips working. I really don't understand, why such things can not be checked before the delivery is made. I have already filed the defective product report with them. Now from last 2 weeks, I am trying to call them, there is no response on this. the customer service desk phone lines are pathetic, after trying for 1 hr, you get a chance to talk to them. CSD representative mentioned to me on 20th Aug that he will call me back in 1 hr. and I am still waiting for him.

They act highly irresponsible, I will never suggest anyone to buy anything from Hometown.
I have paid 100% cash and now no response and no replacement of the product has happened so far. There has been no official communication from home town on this front.

Comments

I booked a sunflame gas stove at Hometown, Vikhroli (W) on 06.12.2010 in my wife's name.

Details of advance receipt are follows :-
Advance Receipt No. [protected]
Dated :- 06.12.2010
Article Code :[protected]
Amount paid :- Rs.8, 990/=
Delivery Date :- 21.12.2010.

Till date I have not received the consignment. During my visit to Hometown, Vikhroli, on 15.12.2010, I was informed that Hometown never forwarded the order for appropriate execution and I was assured of prompt delivery on 21.12.2010. It is also pertinent to note that during that visit I was also informed that all the orders of the same section were delivered except mine.

This is a classic example of sheer negligence and deficiency in services. I am entitle to get damages for the harassment caused in addition of cost I have already paid.
HOME TOWN is the most pathetic furniture store i have ever come across. They are just 'Big' in size and really really very tiny in terms of service.
I had purchased two stools and a shoe rack from home town.
Purchased from : HOME TOWN - MUMBAI - VIKHROLI
Article Code :[protected]
Date Of Purchase: 04/01/2011
Time Of Purchase: 17:48:55
I had purchased this products on 4th Jan 2011 and now its been 33 day ie more than a month and I havent recived any replacement from Home Town. Mr. Sanjay Agarwal and Mr. Shailesh(Furniture Manager) are the two people who are suppose to co-ordinate with us but they dont pick up their cell phones. And they dont even come on phone if you call the town. And they talk really arrogently.
WE HAD PURCHASED A BUNK BED FOR OUR KIDS IN JAN, IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN ONE WOOD FRAME BUT ONE OF THE SIDE RAILING HAS BROKEN AND NOW WE CHECKED AND FOUND MORE THAN 2 JOINTS IN THAT 1 SIDE RAILING .WE GOT PARTS IN 1 WOOD BUT WITH 2/3 JOINTS IN BETWEEN FROM WHERE THE BED BROKE .WE HAVE LODGED A COMPLAINT AND WE WANT THE BED TO BE REPLACE BECAUSE THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN .WE WANT HOMETOWN TO REPLACE THE COMPLETE BED WE ARE READY TO PAY EXTRA AND TAKE ANOTHER PCS AS WE DON'T WANT THIS TO REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
We had purchased a showcase from HomeTown in December 2010. Within 02 months, the last drawer came off.
After lodging a complaint, the complaint was attended to within 03 hrs on the same day. This was very appreciatable of the CC. But, now around a year later, the wooden chips are coming off and there is some sort of whit powder forming on the wood. We have not registered any complaint for this.

Mumbai-Vikhroli