[Resolved]  Popular Vehicle Services — Improper Service and False Commitment

This is to complain about the improper service and the false commitments provided to me by Popular Vehicles and Services Ltd @ #155, new# 123, Ponranjitham Complex, Medavakkam Main Rd, Keelkattalai, Chennai 600117, phone:[protected].

I had given my vehicle (Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo KA 05 ME 6215) for service on 10/12/2009 at the above mentioned service center. At the end of the service I got a bill of Rs.7227 and a vehicle which made screeching sound on straight roads too( mis alligned wheels). I informed the service center immediately and they took back the car to the service center and returned it after Disc brakes and drum cleaning.

I took out the car for the long journery from Chennai to Kerala via Bangalore. All along the way I noticed the screeching sound and stopped at Mandovi motors at Mysore for investigation. They said the tyres were IMPROPERLY alligned and the inner treads of the tyre are completely worn out. They made the allignment proper and I finished my journey without any incident. I informed the Popular service about the situation immediately from Mysore itself. Since my return to Chennai on Jan 4th 2010 Popular has contacted me numerous times for promotional calls about their free service camps and on each occasion I have told them I would never give my vehicle again to that center. They appologised for the inconvenience and said they are from the sales team and someone from service would contact me. Finally on Mar 3rd the service teams contacted me and asked me to get the vehicle to the service center for replacement of tyres at their cost. When i reached the service center on March 11th the customer care manager B Selvanayagam informs me that They could have done something about this issue if I had come earlier say within a month of last service,they would not be able to replace the tyres as allignments are subject to change as per handling. He said the promise to replace the tyres was a false communication. All this after I had spent close to three hours at the center.

The bottom line is that they should have checked the vehicle before delivery atleast after I had immediately returned it after service. They should not have made the commitment to replace the tyres.

Improper Service and False Commitment

Comments

Maruti Suzuki motors — Improper car services

23/4/2011

The Marketing Manager,
Maruti Suzuki,
Guargaon.

Sub:- Improper service by Ms Amar Cars Pvt Ltd (Baroda) Gujarat

I Mr S.P.Chiddarwar residing at baroda at the above address have purchase Maruti Ritz s car in the month of Jan 2010 ,from Ms Amar Cars Pvt ltd. They provided me first service without any problem, For second service I had given my car in the month of Aug 2010 and only around 4000 km was used. Subsequently as I was out of station and due to various reasons I could not spare my car for third servicing on due date and I produce my car at Amar Cars pvt ltd on 21/4/2011. It was informed to me that my third servicing was already done in the month of August 2010 and it was mentioned in the bill also.
Ritz VXIBS iv.
Chassis No 146778.
Customer ID [protected]

They have refused me to provide third car service free of cost, though I have not used the free service coupon. I had discussed this issue with the Amar Cars Pvt ltd in details but no response from them and they have charged me as paid service. Sir my I request to kindly take up this matter with them and give instruction to provide me free car service against third free services coupon. I was told that they cannot process the bill for a free service as same is lock by the company.Amar car pvt ltd has charged me Rs 1907 for various services out of this Rs 580 / is for services charges which I am not at all liable to pay. As they have not provided services against free coupon which is still with me unused.

Sir, my I request you to kindly do the needful in this matter on urgent basis.

S.P.Chiddarwar.
Mobile Contact No [protected]
I completely agree with what you have expressed.

My name is Bhoopal Raj

I have been giving my Car (MARUTHI 800 - TN20 U - 9394) to the Popular service station In medavakkam road, keel kattalai.
On 31st Dec 2011 My Car was immobilized suddenly due to some Electrical problems and My car was taken by the Road service assistance of the same service centre.

I have clearly told them there is some electrical problem and it was with them for 2 days after which i was told all is ok and they took around Rs. 2000 for servicing the same. But the car was delivered only with a water wash i guess i was stranded on the road again with the same problem after two days.

They have a road assistance team who cannot even speak tamil or english Only Malayalam which i cannot converse with. After great difficulty i approached the nearest service station of Popular Service Station In vadapalani Through Mr. Palani (Only soul i guess who responded ) and on inspecting i was told there is some problem with electrical arrangements with fuel which i am not aware as a lay man.

Again i gave my vehicle for the second time to popular service station in keelkattalai, which they didn't even bother to ask me whats the problem but told me that my car was ready. I was surprised because i gave my vehicle for servicing with the same fault on Sunday expressing the same problem and also telling them that the coolant in my car was boiling when i gave it for servicing but all they did was they told me someone will get in touch with me on Monday and note the problem in my vehicle .

But only in Monday evening i got a call saying my vehicle is ready and asked me when i would take delivery. That's the pathetic Service and Response i have ever got from any service Centre. They did not even ask me whats the problem but the car was delivered to me claiming that the problem has been attended.

But believe me next day when i just checked under the hood i was shocked to noticed that the coolant lid was open and the coolant tank was dry to the bottom. Then i poured some coolant from my end and started but to my dismay the car again stopped few kms away from my place on the Main road. with smoke coming out from the hood to realise the carburetor fan was not working. can you Pl imagine my agony when this happens for the third consecutive time with same problem given to the same Service Station.

At last i said good bye to popular services - Keel kattalalai and Went to MSM - Guindy where i found the people courteous and I bet these guys are real professionals at work, they took 2 days and i was told that i need to change the fuel electrical system and the same was changed now my car is fine and running smooth. I should say these guys are real professionals.

Pls Popular Services - medavakkam, you guys need to have some good technicians and courteous ad visors. I am sure i will not recommend these people to anyone of them. The customer care manager didn't even bother to call me after all these incidents which shows how much they care.
And today i get a call from them asking how the service is GOSH are there any quality Managers looking after the service station. Maruti Pls I have a great love for the brand . But with these people like this i am losing my interest.

I really pity how are they going to service the latest maruti cars efficiently if they cannot rectify a problem with Maruti 800?