taxi faulty meter — taxi faulty meter

Kandivali, Mumbai Suburban District, Maharashtra, India
 mestrivishal
Hi ,

Today I took taxi from worli naka(petrol pump) to kandivali(thakur complex) at around 9:45 PM on 23 jun 2011.
I wanted to drop my friend so we took it from sena bhavan.
We did not face ny traffic.
Still taxi fare was Rs. 550.
Tax no is MH01AM9498(Maruti alto)

I have travelled same route at same time in more traffic and it have costed me more than Rs 400 yet in even Santro.

For my surprise this was case with electronic meter.I donot have idea where to make complaint against it base difference of Rs 150 is too much.
As I had some important work to complete after reaching home, I paid the taxi driver and noted down taxi number.

regards,
vishal

Comments

TAXI — Faulty Meter

I live in Adarsh Nagar and my office is in Ballard Estate. I go to my office daily by the taxi and it usually comes to around 71 in Taxi which is 100 rupees. There is one particular Taxi that I have encountered two times which has a fudged meter. The taxi driver is very rude and the meter comes to around 84 which according to him 116 rupees. Today I encountered the same Taxi and then I noted down the number. The number is MH 01 JA 230. If any concerned person is reading this mail, I request to please take action against this fraudster taxi driver so that he doesnt swindles other people.

Thanks and Regards

Pushkar Singh
Adarsh Nagar

The Taxi Union — Faulty meter!

I caught a taxi MH 01 X 6719 from Sion to go to Andheri West in the morning at 6 am today. when we reached our destination, he said the meter read '1 7 7 0' which meant i had to pay him Rs 270. Normally it would charge me something around Rs. 130-140. It was stupidity! I was closely watching the meter from the time I sat inside and the meter had only clocked 7 7 0. The extra 1 in the beginning was always there from the start. I argued but he was adamant. This is a very dirty trick played by the cabbies. The Taxi Union should do something about this. Such drivers are ruining the Union's reputation. Prompt action on the said taxi driver is something I would like the union to take and similar incidents need to be curtailed.
Earlier I have traveled same route at same time in more traffic and it have never costed me more than Rs 400 yet in even Santro.

Vishal

taxi faulty meter - taxi faulty meter

Company:taxi faulty meter