[Resolved]  UTI/US64 bonds — non receipt of interest and maturity

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I regret the moment, I invested in US64 in NRI catagory long back. After the scandal, I was allotted 351 tax free bonds o[censored]S64 under Investor ID# 4932439, which got matured in May,2008. I submitted the certificate before that at Lotus court UTI section. My HDFC fort branch NRE account #[protected] was registered with UTI for ECS/ auto credit payments of interest and maturity. When I didnt receive the maturity check after 3 months of maturity then I start sending mails/ also lodged complaints at UTI portal but there was no response. When I went to Mumbai last Sept'09. I enquired about it at lotus court. I had not received even one of the interest payment of 1188.63 Rs previously for which I subitted the required papers also but I was credited for that also. This time I submitted all the requirements(sign attestation letter from bank) for these two due payments(maturity and interest checks) at Lotus court on 25th sept'09. I was told that they will forward the papers to belapur c/o Madam Mrunal bahadure. I called madam couple of times, she said she didnt receive my papers, she enquired and the gave me another phone number~67931161 where these papers went. I called on that number several times. They told me it is still under progress. Now after coming back from vacation from india, I asked my wife to enquire at the same number and she was told that they send the cheque to HDFC fort branch and it was returned by the bank. What kind of silly excuses people are capable of doing I only know now.Now come to the point, when I have asked UTI to transfer the maturity / interest amount to my bank account then whose responsibility it is to make sure that amount is credited to account.Ofcourse UTI's. Now this person is telling that I have to redo all the procedure again to get back my own money for UTI's problem. This is absolutely disgusting that UTI customer is so poor. I request you all to investigate the matter and probably suspend the person involved in making investors like me wary o[censored]TI.

Comments

UTI / US-64 BONDS — NO RESPONSE FROM UTIITSL REGARDING MATURED BONDS

I have sent several emails to UTI-TSL regarding the following bond holdings which should have matured in June 2008. Since there was a change of address in my case, the original communication has not reached me. I have indicated the same to them but I am yet to get a response from them as to how do we proceed with the remittance of the matured proceeds to me. I would be glad to phone them and discuss the issue but there is no phone number available on their website that I can call and resolve.

OLD CERT # NEW CERT # (as on[protected] INVESTOR ID

[protected] NEVER RECEIVED FROM UTI no info available

Pratibha Khokha

US64 — non receipt of interest and maturity cheques

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I regret the moment, I invested in US64 in NRI catagory long back. After the scandal, I was allotted 351 tax free bonds o[censored]S64 under Investor ID# 4932439, which got matured in May,2008. I submitted the certificate before that at Lotus court UTI section. My HDFC fort branch NRE account #[protected] was registered with UTI for ECS/ auto credit payments of interest and maturity. When I didnt receive the maturity check after 3 months of maturity then I started sending mails/ also lodged complaints at UTI portal but there was no response. When I went to Mumbai last Sept'09. I enquired about it at lotus court. I had not received even one of the interest payment of 1188.63 Rs previously for which I submitted the required papers also. This time I submitted all the requirements(sign attestation letter from bank) for these two due payments(maturity and interest checks) at Lotus court on 25th sept'09. I was told that they will forward the papers to belapur c/o Madam Mrunal bahadure. I called madam couple of times, she said she didnt receive my papers, she enquired and the gave me another phone number~67931161 where these papers went. I called on that number several times. They told me it is still under progress. Now after coming back from vacation from india, I asked my wife to enquire at the same number and she was told that they sent the cheques to HDFC fort branch and it was returned by the bank. What kind of silly excuses your people are capable of doing I only know now. Now come to the point, when I have asked UTI to transfer the maturity / interest amount to my bank account then whose responsibility it is to make sure that amount is credited to account.Ofcourse UTI's. Now this person is telling that I have to redo all the procedure again to get back my own money for UTI's problem. I dont take it and I assure you If I dont get the money credited along with the delayed interest then I will log this incident at SEBI as well as other medias. This is absolutely disgusting that UTI customer service is so poor. I request you all to investigate the matter and probably suspend the person involved in making investors like me wary o[censored]TI.
Muniruddin Nizamuddin Dadan
ROHIDAS GANAPATI SHETTI

Subject:-Claim o[censored]npaid amount under US64 Bond
Investor Id No. :63975249

Dear Sir / Madam,

1. Refer to your letter UTIITSL/US64 Bond/63975249/2011-12 dated 01 Mar 2012 (Received by me by post on 23 Mar 2012).

2. It is intimated that I have retired from service(Naval Headquarters New Delhi)in the year 2005 and staying at my home town.
I have not received both cheques mentioned in your above letter during my stay at New Delhi.

3 It is therefore requested that the said amount may please be credited to my account in Ankola directly.

3. My details are given below:-