Landlord Nitish Kumar, husband of Gunjan — Physical harassment of landlord.

My name is Dipankar Roy and we have been living in the following address from 2012 May C-76, Rama Park, near Dwarka Mor metro station New Delhi-110059. From past few days the attitude of our landlord wife has been very bad. We have been paying our rent every month timely on 1st. Yesterday she told my mother that if she uses the compound for clothes to get dry she will call people. Today she hit my mother with the rod of broken stand and thus she started bleeding. With her this attitude we will not be able to keep her alone at home while we are gone outside for office work. I request to kindly take some actions against this or else I am afraid she can repeat such situation again. I would also like to add that we have been paying rent to our landlord and we are not given any receipt against this. Thus we have decided that from here on we will not pay any rent unless we get a rent receipt. My contact number is [protected]. Please help.

Comments

Individual — Harassment by Landlord

I moved in to a 2 bedroom House in the Ground floor in Alkapuri area of Hyderabad in April 2012. I finalized to pay 7500 Rs monthly as rent and 300 Rs monthly towards water usage. I got the Rental agreement done accordingly and myself and my owner signed on it.Now after 1 year is over, my landlady is telling me that she will increase the rent from Rs.7500 to Rs.12,000 which is atrocious. I tried reasoning with her by saying that this is not fair as suddenly you cannot increase the rent by so much. But she is adamant to increase it by this much and is asking me to vacate next month if i can`t pay the increased rent. I am paying according to the market rate only.
Can you please advise me if there is any option available to me to counter this injustice being done by my landlady.
Dheeraj K
HYDERABAD
Kindly help us to reslove this issue.

New Delhi