Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] Complaints & Reviews

1.9
Last updated Aug 17, 2022

File a complaint to Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC]

Having problems with Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC]?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC]

View more phone numbers

Fax

Life Insurance Corporation of India [LIC] reviews & complaints page 287

hello sir,
i hve problem in my sim card and i have replaced that sim with new no and nw they are saying that i have not given the old sim so now they are telling to sumitte the fir that my sim card has lost and sir hw can i do that i have hand over the old sim and it is there fault that they have lost so what should i do reply me as soon as possible .

thanking you,
sajala karn
jamshedpur jharkhand ([protected])
Dear sir/madam, pls deatils my agent code active or notactive agency no:3370/757
agent year 2006
Hello!I'm Sankalp Singh from khnadwa city I've passed exam of LIC for agent ship (my Roll number was LICI[protected] but till today I have not recieved my agent code and I card of LIC and I have lost my lissence number. Please provide me my lissence number and agent code on my email id.

My email ID is [protected]@yahoo.com and [protected]@yahoo.com.

Thanking You.

Sankalp Singh
LIC Agent.

I have availed one loan of rs 20 lakhs on Jan 2008 at 10.5 % intrest. with in 10 months the intrest goes upto 11.75. where every quarter they have raised intrest by .50 to 1.00 percent.
    When asked the reason they were totaly clueless and showing their monopoly in this regard.
    Since intrest rates are going down in every bank but still they have their reason to increase of intrest rates.

Let me know where i should go to give an official complain.
    I want to register one case with these people.

Unmendu
    Dear Unmendu,

Recently, I am also one of the victim of malpractices of LICHFL, Delhi. The point is that the floating loan rate of 10.5 percent is only valid for three months. This is clearly mentioned in the sanction letter, i[censored] read it properly word by word. Thereafter, floating loan rate becomes a "Current LHPLR - 250 basis point". The LHPLR is quite high and now it is around 13.75 with effect from January 1, 2009. Earlier it was 14.5 percent on Dec 2008. This is their ploy to attract new customer as they show their floating loan rate much lower than the rest of the peer banks. But after three months, they are at par with other peer banks. The LIC agent would never tell you about it when it comes to your house for loan application. Besides this there are much more malpractices going out there which I would mention rest. I[censored] have any queries u can mail me.

Sachin Goyal.
    Dear Sachin,

I am totally agree with you that LIC HFL is not as transparent as they are showing in their fair practice code with customers.

Rgds
    Manish
    I have taken a loan with rate of intersest 7.25% now it is 11.75% when will it comes down, my emi is increasing and increasing.
    be fair to us
    Dear Sir
    I fully agree with the comments made by Mr.Sachin Goyal; In the sanction letter i have, i didn't find any such phrase saying floating loan rate becomes a "Current LHPLR - 250 basis point" after 3 months. But despite that that is what has actually happened and the concessional rate of interest mentioned in the sanction letter is not adopted as the base from whcih every increase / decrease is calculated. This practice is totally unethical / unlawful and constitutes unfair practices. Let us unite and take up this matter seriously with LICHLF through the consumer forums.

Best regards
    V Kalyanaraman [protected]
    It was true when I submiited my loan appliction for Rs 16 Lakhs the Agent and Area Manager said the LIC rates are the lowest he quoted 8.75% and took the Processing fee of Rs 5000/- plus tax and they said the fees is 1% of loan value, as they were running loan campaign special rate is given to me, later when I recd the loan sanction letter it says the rate of ineterest is only for 3 months, then it changes to market rate of 10.25% and also they said balance Rs 3000/- plus tax has to be paid, as the offer period is over.this shows how the LIC agents & the officers are hiding the real facts and attarcting the people to achive their targets.
    This is the same with my home loan too. I took at Mar 2009 with rate of interest as 8.75% and this changed after 3 months to 10.5% and now standing with 11.75%. This shows my home loan for 24 lac taken in 2009 for 20 years have now went upto 36 years with the same EMI.

What should I do? any help?

Don't know if I am trapped

Prabakaran

My policy no is[protected].

I require a letter from LIC OF India regarding change of my Address for the proof of address in Delhi.

I was changed my address by submitt request online request on LIC website.

Please provide me letter as soon as possible & also provide me statement for the F.Y.07-08 & till date
      Aug 13, 2020
      I forgot my LIC of india portal user id. so please send me my user id.
      i remember my pwd of this id.

thanks & regards.
      Deepak Dhyani.

Lic Of India — Problems with LIC online pay

I have paid my premium through "Pay Premium Online" option, but it’s neither reflected in my online LIC account nor is a receipt generated. The details are as follows:-
        Policy No:[protected]
        Payment Date: 09 Dec 2008
        Narration: MHDF[protected]-LIC OF INDIA
        Cheque/Ref. No: [protected]
        Amount: 4114.00
        Please help me at the earliest....

Lic Of India — Jeevan Suraksha Pension not received even after 6 months are over.

I am not receing the pension under the Jevan Suraksha Scheme ; though all the form formalities were done 6 months back . The 15 year period of my premium payment is over in April 2008. What to do ?...

Dear Sir

I have paid first premium on 15.11.2007(Policy No.[protected] Plan no.159, kOmal Jeevan )for the policy of my child but regret to say that inspite of continous follow up, till date i have not received the policy bond. After that i have paid second premium on 15.11.2008 but still I have not received the original policy bond.
        pls do the needful.

Sanjay Patwa
        28, Ganesh Marg,
        Manak Chowk
        Jodhpur (RAJ.)342001
        Cont No.[protected],[protected]
        Mobile No.[protected], [protected]
        POLICY IN NAME OF RHYTHUM SETH BEARING NO.[protected] HELD ATPATNA BRANCH-IV FRASER ROAD, P.B.NO.135 WAS REQUESTED TO BE TRANSFERED TO DELHI JANAKPURI BRANCH-31-B ON[protected] YET NO TRACE N NO ACTION HAS BEEN YAKEN.

I have taken your police namely JEEVAN SARAL from one of your franchaisee, i m contacting but i m not getting response properly i have submitted all documents to them & they promised me that my bond & receipt will come in 15 days but now it crossed 20 days still i hv not received your document, I have already paid my first premium, for rs 1000/- bank name Thane Janata, Wagle branch, Which has been cleared on 22.05.09. now reply me for i have not receved my document from your self, now reply me what to do, you are giving franchicee, but they are not taking follow up for this, then what is the use that we are taking policy. my contact no [protected].

Do the needfull for this.

SUPRITA SHEKAR SUVARNA
        EKMAT CHAWAL, ROOM NO 10
        HANUMAN TEKDI
        LOKMANYA NAGAR, NO-03
        THANE (400606)
        (M) [protected].
        I have not received the policy document of LIC which was posted on 17.09.2008 / speed post no is EE[protected]. I have cotacted sevral times but result is nil.
        Rs.4588 paid on 15/04/2008 as first premium against policy no.[protected] but original policy bond not received. branch code 19R jaipur division agent code 0049419R.No satisfactory reply by these
        Send an email regarding this to [protected]@licindia.com. where 999 is the Branch code. They will respond positively to you. We have got the Duplicate bond in short time from Mumbai office.

I am Simranjit Singh s/o Sh. Jag Singh V.P.O. Jakhepal Hambalbass Teh. Suman Distt. Sangrur Pb.
          On my passport they spell my name as Simaranjit Singh but correct name is Simranjit Singh on passport form and documents.
          mi e_mailaddress [protected]@yahoo.com
          I am jeetendra kumar s/o Mr.Ram Nath Mahato & my mother name: Adya Devi, W1 209, Vivekananda Bhawan, B.I.E.T Boy's Hostel, PO+PS-Suri, Distt. Birbhum (W.B). On my passport they spell my mother name as ADYADEVI but correct name is ADYA DEVI on passport form and documents. And in my passport " EMIGRATION CHECK REQUIRED " is not stamped.
          I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THIS PASSPORT FOR WHICH HER HUSBANDS NAME SHOULD BE ADDED AND HAS TO LEAVE ABROAD

MASH 02826910
          KEY NO :[protected]

regards,

isabell
          Her husbands name is Mr. G. Kamala Kannan
          Her husbands name is G. Kamalakannan s/o Mr. A. Govindarajalu Chetty
          Kindly let me know the Status of Mash 02826910 key no.[protected]
          I have mailed you the correct name and spelling of her husband kindly I request you to verify and update this case at the earliest

With regards,

Chandrakumari.
          I am Henjith Kumar.M s/o Mr C.Murugesan. I received my PASSPORT before few days. There is mistake in PINCODE..

Mistake is
          PIN CODE : 637 602(This is the Mistake) instead of "2" "7" is printed..
          PIN CODE : 632 602(this is the correct one)

Please help me out this mistake.. How can i correct this.. Is there any Online application for this corrections..

My Email ID : [protected]@gmail.com

Thanks in advance..

Today i.e.9/12/08, I have paid the premium of rs 824.00 online through www.licindia.com for my policy no[protected], but after making payment when I checked policy status, it was not showing the payment of premium, premium reciept was also not generated, while my online icici bank account was showing the deduction of Rs 824.00 i.e. has been debited by Rs 824.00.
            Below is my transaction details:-
            Bima kiran policy no[protected], premium amt Rs 824.00, transaction dt. 9/12/08 through icici bank A/C no[protected] online.
            You are requested to please take the immediate action.
            Thanks & Best Regards

naveen pathak
            Mob No [protected]
            sir.
            my name is soma shankar gawade
            policy no.[protected] bimakiran

boriwali (w) cbo
            br.code 91v
            dear sir
            requsted to you my policy premiaum is pending i will pay all pending amt in cah/cheque pleas all details send to me .

I make online payments of my life insurance policies, mainly because I stay away from any LIC office and online payments are convenient to me. I have made online payment of Rs. 3666.00 from my saving bank of SBH on 1.10.08 as soon as I git a reminder from them. I have also registered for scheduled payment on 3.12.08 by auto payment by the same bank. Both were sent to them and although I have registered two complaints with LIC, they are not...

To,
              Chairmen
              LIC Houshing Finance Ltd.

Sub: File no-39218. Housing loan at Lajpat Nagar Branch. Misbehaviour from agent.

With profound grief I would like to bring to your notice the harassment that we have gone thorugh. We have done investment in Raheja Atharwa and our loan has been granted conditinal sanction (since ceratin documents are pending )

Our Loan was sanctioned thru agent Ms.USHA NASEEM KHAN in Feb '08 with 50% processing fee waiver with intt. rate of 10.25% & no pre-payment penalty. Since no disbursement has been made till nov '08 we were asked to get sanction reprocessed by Agent Ms.USHA NASEEM KHAN. We were given assurance by her that on payment of Rs . 5618/- and stamping charges of Rs 1500/- (in cash), our loan will be reprocessed. All papers were submitted to her by us.
              Agent asked us to get Life insurance cover with Rs 5000/- premium per month, on denying life insurance, She has stopped taking any calls from us. She has original signed papers from us (including certain stamp papers).
              On continuous chasing for one week, her husband responded saying that Our laon can be processed only when we submit Rs 17000/- as processing fee . They also stated that they have other important clients to handle with bigger amounts of loan & insurances and they can't waste their time on us .

We requested them to submit our original documents to Lajpat Nagar Branch, response to same is also not positive.

This kind of behavoiur is totally unacceptable, after investing so much of time & money over this agent, we find ourselves cheated & insulted. We have to start re-processing of our loan all over again.
              Who will be responsible in case any penalty is levied by builder if our loan is not ready for disbursment in due time.

After such awful experince, we have decided not to have any sort of relationship with LIC in future.

I demand strict action should be taken against such Agents who spoil country's leading institutions reputation.
              Yes I agree that most of these Agents are spoiling the image of such a prestigious institutions. I have also undergone such a bad exp with LICHFL.

Please take some adequate action. and in my opinion there should not be any involvement of such agent and you should computerised everything so that no agent is required for such kind of jobs.

Deepak.

Sub:- Regarding lost my PAN Card

Sir/ Madam,
                With due to respect I paramjit Singh S/O S. Bachan Singh H.No 66 Jawala nagar
                ( Maqsudan ) Jalandhar inform you that my PAN No is AMTPS 8301 H, is lost on dated 20-10-08 at jalandhar Market .Please re issue me a new PAN card .
                Thanking you.

Jalandhar
                Aug 13, 2020

Lic Of India — POLICY DETAIL

DEAR SIR,

PLESE SEND THE STATUS OF MY POLICY NO[protected] DATED 30/12/2006.

BEST REGARDS

NAMIT JAIN...

sub;jeevan suraksha policy no[protected] dated 25.11.1998 reg.
                  My above policy matured on 25/12/2006 and pension was due to me w.e.f.25/11/2007.But, till date in spite of several reminders and personal folow up with lic office at cant branch, lucknow, CRM Office lucknow and even JD/JA Cell at kanpur, I could not get my pension cheques.Now I am very much annoyed with lic office system.So I am not interested in taking pension now .Thus kindly help me to get surrender value of my policy at earliest.
                  thanking you,
                  Amarnath singh, A 872, Sector- I, LDA Colony, Kanpur Road, Lucknow. contact no; 91 [protected]

Jeewan Suraksha Policy — non surrender of policy

I had taken a jeewan suraksha policy no.[protected] for Rs 10, 000/00 only to be metured on 28.03.2009.
                  Much before the date of meturity, I submitted a request to surrender the policy fulfilling all the required formalities. The policy has not been surrendered, instead yesterday I have received a letter for informing me inability of the LIC to surrender the policy with the plea that the formalities were not complete. This is simply a harrassment. If the formalities were not complete, why I was not informed well in time?
                  I will not accept any pension etc except the surrender value of the policy.
                  Appropriate action needs be taken.

Dear Sir:

This is with reference to my payment of Rs. 25319/- for the LIC policy number[protected] paid on 28th November 2008 through our website www.licindia.in using my citi bank account. But here my problem is till now it is not updated in site and I didn't get any any receipts as of now. But amount is deducted from my citibank account. Please check with this ASAP and let me the updates.

Here I am giving transaction details.
                    SUBJECT: ONUS 28NOV1150 Card no.: 5081XXX0XXXX5808 28N OV BILL DESK - LIC PA Ref:[protected].00

Sincerely,
                    Subba Reddy M.V.
                    I send complaint on 26th november, 2008 to branch manager, naranpura branch, 83-t, ahmedabad-13
                    regarding policy no.[protected] . But there is no any reply regarding my complaint. I already send cheque no. 131730, dtd. 20-11-08 in favour of policy no.[protected].
                    do needful,

pravin d. mistri
                    i want to pay my premium by cheque. what should i write on the cheque.
                    In favour of ...to whom..????? pls revet back imm.
                    DEAR SIR(S),
                    I AM PAYING PREMIUMS THROUGH BANK ECS SINCE LONG FOR MY FOLLOWINGS POLICIES:
                    1) POL NO:[protected]
                    2) POL NO:[protected]
                    BUT PAYMENT RECEIPTS ARE NOT SENT REGULARLY FROM YOUR END N SO I DO NOT GET
                    THOSE. MY BRANCH NO IS CITY BRANCH ( KOLKATA ) 415. THE MATTER WAS REPORTED TO
                    THE BRANCH EARLIER, BUT NO EFFECT.PLEASE LOOK IN TO THE MATTER IMMEDIATELY SO
                    THAT I GET MY PRM PAYMENT RECEIPTS REGULARLY IN TIME.
                    WITH THANKS,
                    SYAMAL BANDYOPADHYAY,
                    20.04.09.

Lic India — premium reciept

dear sir
                      i hav misplaced my 1st lic premium receipt, my lic no is[protected] .pl. send my duplicate receipt by mail to my id.
                      thanks...

I got a house in Greater Noida BHS09 Scheme draw. LIC Officer: Rajiv Gupta approached me for Loan. I applied the loan for amount of 20 Lacs @ 10.75 interest rate. I visited LIC Office on KG Marg, N Delhi and during the meeting after seeing my papers the manager: Mr. Alok assured me the loan of 20 Lacs. I gave them the PDC cheque of amount 5600/- and they told me it would be debited only after approval of loan. Just two days before the last day of submitting amount in Gr. Noida, ie 19-07-08, I got a call from LIC that they approved loan of just 16 Lacs. I told them it will not solve the purpose as cost of house is 36 Lacs as they promised me for 20 Lacs. And meanwhile I got a loan from SBI for amount of 20 Lacs with the same set of papers, I submitted to LIC. So I refused the loan to LIC. Without informing me they debited my cheque for Rs. 5600/- for service charges. They misguided me for a month on phone and then I approached the same office for return of charges and also submitted application along with SBI approval Letter as a proof and after many calls to them they told it will not be returned. LIC is doing fraud as they never told me that loan cannot be approved for required the amount (20 Lacs) and approved the amount (16 Lacs) which was not solving my purpose. Please suggest what I should do. I am having stamped receipt of application which I submitted to LIC for return of money.
                      Same is the case with me.
                      What to do next in this case as the lic says no return
                      of amount but at the time of issuing they say it is refundable
                      Same case with me. I had applied for loan on[protected] and wish to go for Fixed for 10 years but Mr.Satyanarayana of mangalore office (presently in MUMBAI) had cheated and not informed me that the rule going to change from JAN 30th. Presently instead of 9% intrest fixed for 10 years now I am infloating with 11.75%!.
                      regard of the day,

My home loan is almost 5 years old and amount is Rs890000 for 20years and my current emi is
                      Rs.8838 and my home loan a/c number is F/6888245/11
                      when interest rates were increased you also increased the rates but when interest rats were gone down
                      you did`nt reduse and I am paying you more than 10% rate of interest on housing loan which is not applicable in any of bank in india even present rate of INTEREST of LIC is also 8.75% than why you r over charging me almost one thousand extra every month I am feelin that Lic has cheated me.

pls advised me where should i present the issue

thanks & best regards
                      manju sharma
                      [protected]@gmail.com

I AM A CREDIT CARD HOLDER OF YOUR BANK AND MY CREDIT CARD NO IS [protected].IAM REGULARLY MAKING THE PAYMENT AS AND WHEN I RECEIVE THE STATEMENT.BUT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE MONTHLY STATEMENT DATED SEPTEMBER 17 2008 AND FOR WHICH A LATE PAYMENT FEE OF RS.500 IS CHARGED IN THE NEXT MONTHLY STATEMENT.EVEN I SPOKE OVER PHONE TO YOUR OFFICIAL AND SENT THE CHEQUE AFTER CONFIRMING THE DUE AMOUNT.I DID NOT RECEIVE THE DUPLICATE STATEMENT ALSO AS PROMISED BY YOUR OFFICIAL.LAST MONTH I SENT ONE E MAIL TO [protected]@barclays.com and [protected]@barclays.com on 25th october 2008.BUT THERE IS NO REPLY.AGAIN IN THE LATEST STATEMENT RECEIVED YESTERDAY THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RECTIFIED.KINDLY LOOK INTO TE MATTER IMMEDIATELY AND GIVE CREDIT OF LATE PAYMENT FEE WHICH IS NOT AT ALL PAYABLE AS THERE IS NO FAULT OF MINE.IF MY REQUEST IS NOT ADHERED TO I HAVE NO OTHER OPTION EXCEPT TO CUT THE CARD AND SEND IT BACK TO YOU.I NEED YOUR REPLY IMMEDIATELY.
                        K.RAVINARAYANAN
                        MANAGER(MI)
                        LIC OF INDIA
                        CHENNAI DO II CHENNAI 40

Lic Of India — transfer of policy

I had written on line to transfer my policy from branch 868 (Vapi) to 893 (mumbai) and it was transffered on 27/11/2008.Unfortunatly I had forgotten to mention my other policy no. which is[protected] which also had to be transferred from 868(Vapi) branch to 893(Mumbai). I have shifted my residence to Mumbai some Ten years back and have no more connection in Vapi. Please do the needful. Thanking you.
                          Dhanraj Vithaldas...

Lic India — Web site is not working

I have an account at licindia.com. I have once policy already enrolled over therer. I have enrolled one more policy[protected] on 12th Nov 2008, but still it's not listed under the "View Enrolled Policies", but it's successfulyy enrolled and I am able to see under "Enrol Policies". When I click on View Enrolled Policies link it doesnt show my above enrolled policy. I registered a complaint on the web on 18th...

Dear Sir...

I introduce myself as an Officer at LIC of India, Zonal Office at Secretariate, Secunderabad. I have applied for your credit card on the insistance of local agents in secunderabad and was given an application no:[protected] and finally got rejected. I don't have any grievances regarding this issue as we have number of other banks offering us the credit card facilities. But the way your agents have ran after me to collect necessary documents gave the impression that you will be obliging my application. If you have any problems in giving your facilities, you need not have such foolish agents and confuse people with this kind of attitude. You have not even quoted the reason for rejecting my application which clearly shows that your system is lacking the process of proper scrutiny. Keeping in view the standing of your bank in the country, I request you to kindly desist from fooling people with such advertisements and killing their time.

sincerely yours
                          Nithya Hema
                          As I am an LIC agent applied for LIC CSL Rep. on 9Th Sept.2009.
                          I wants the status of approval so I may start the Business as early.

With regarda
                          Gauri Shanker
                          (G.S Agarwal)
                          I am aftab alam .I am an LIC agent i want to applied for LIC credit card so plz send me application fprm.
                          I am working as chief life insurance advisor Kalpetta Branch, kozhikode division, I had applied for credit card.now I got the message that, requerments need to pending my application.
                          please do the needful as earlier as posssible .
                          SIR,
                          I SEND TO YOU REQUIREMENT AGENCY STATUS VERIFIED BY LIC BRANCH MANEGER SARNATH 28N.
                          OR
                          PLZ, SEND ANY REQUIREMENT .
                          From: LIC Card [mailto:query.[protected]@corpbank.co.in]
                          Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 4:42 PM
                          To: LAXMI CHAND JAIN
                          Subject: RE: Complaint about LIC credit Card

We don't have any status of your application. You have to contact at LICCSL to Know the position of your application. Their contact nos. are[protected] & 92.

Thanks & Regards,
                          LIC Card Centre, New Delhi.

________________________________________
                          From: LAXMI CHAND JAIN [mailto:laxmichand.[protected]@piind.com]
                          Sent: Fri 1/21/2011 3:25 PM
                          To: LIC Card
                          Subject: Complaint about LIC credit Card
                          Almost 3 month back I had applied LIC credit card through your Jabalpur Representatitive Mr. Potdar ( [protected]) and Mr. A Bhargava ( [protected], [protected] ) along with Fee and all documents which was required for Card processing.
                          He told me that after 45 days you will get your card But after 3 Month I have not received any information regarding this matter .During many times telephonic discussion with them they told me that no need to worry you will get your card as early as possible it in transaction . But today I have call in your call center and subsequent in your Delhi office they told me that there is no record of your card application .
                          So kindly let me know what should I do in this matter.
                          I hope that you will understand my problem and reply soon with positive response in this matter .
                          My details are given below.
                          This is for your kind information and need full action .

With Regards .
                          Mob-[protected], [protected]
                          DOB-15-July-1974
                          PAN NO-AGLPJ5767A
                          dear sir/mam

my self laxmi narayan p sahu, i am lic card holder with above subject on date 07/12/2011 10:33am transaction Rs. 4000 four thousand from corporation bank atm surat, but that time not received Rs.4000 because some error in atm and also asked to bank Representative for my transaction he asked to me problem in atm. but i received monthly lic card statement, there debit Rs.4000 in my statement so plz reduce Rs.4000 in my account.
                          today I have call in your call center and subsequent in your Delhi office they told me write complain to query.[protected]@corpbank.co.in
                          My details are given below.
                          This is for your kind information and need full action .

With regards,