Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  FNB of South Africa — SNB South Africa

I too have recieved notice that I have won 1 million dollars. That I would need to pay $900 in taxes before I can have my winning forewarded to my account. Please note the statement I recieved below!!!

Of course, I DID NOT send the requestid amount. No lottery I know of works that way.

These people need to be punished

We are in receipt of your mail and all the content well understood. Be noted that we cannot transfer your winning fund to your account or deduct the tax clearance charges without you offsetting the tax clearance charges as directed by the South African Revenue Services.

This department wishes to inform you that your winning fund has been insured by the lottery organizing committee under the South African constitution that is the reason why the insurance certificate was sent to you.

We want you to understand that we are not here to fool or defraud anyone that has been selected as winner by our computer balloting system for the 2010 world cup that will be hosted here in South Africa, first time in African soil.

As a matter o[censored]rgency you are advised to comply with the given instruction of the SARS by offsetting the tax clearance charges and send us the payment slip by email or fax to enable us confirm from the SARS and proceeds with the payment of your winning fund to you within 48hours.

Attached is my bank access card for you to know the person in charge of transferring your winning fund to your account. You are advised to keep your winning details confidential until you receive your winning fund to avoid double claim.

You are advised to inform this department as soon as you are ready to offset the tax clearance charges to enable us provide you with the information on how you will make the payment.

Congratulations and have a nice day

Yours Faithfully,
Mr. Michael Dube
FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF SOUTH AFRICA.
PHONE: +[protected]
TELEFAX: +[protected]
Email: [protected]@fnbsouth-africa.com
Email: [protected]@fsmail.net
Email: [protected]@email.com
(Director International Remittance Dept

They even sent me a fake insurance certificate guarinteeing my winnings to be transfered to my account.

Comments

Same happend here
That is the last step I received today: As they asked me to pay more than $1550 to get G P one million. Here are the last correspondences

From:
"First National Bank Of South Africa" <[protected]@fnbsouth-africa.com>
View contact details
To:
"Dares Sareh" [protected]@yahoo.com

Moses Opara is the Bank secretary name, he works with our bank here

Go and pay, everything is correct

Nkosi
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Dares Sareh <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:
MR. GOODLUCK FAVOR NKOSI
Director of remittance
Debt Reconciliation Committee
First National Bank of South Africa

Who is MOSES OPARA?
Suppose He receives the money and disappear.
Why not sending the money to the bank or the ministry of finance or any government office or any other one related to Yahoo or hotmail?
What is if you send the money award and then I send you the fee? You can ask make any grantee any legal step to make sure that I send you the fee.

Alfred F. Samuel
D. Min. Studies
P. O. Box 266
P. C. 43111
Suez, Egypt
_______________

Tel. 0020+[protected]
Mob. [protected]
--- On Wed, 1/13/10, First National Bank Of South Africa <[protected]@fnbsouth-africa.com> wrote:

From: First National Bank Of South Africa <[protected]@fnbsouth-africa.com>
Subject: Re: Direction
To: "Dares Sareh" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 2:46 PM

Alfred F. Samuel

It means that the courier company would deliver the paper transfer documents to your address in Suez, Egypt, but the funds would be deposited directly into your account

Here is were you need to go and send the transfer authorization fees, just locate the nearest western union agent below, go there and wire the fees with this receivers name and address below:

MOSES OPARA
100 BANK HOUSE
JOHANNESBURG-SOUTH AFRICA

Locate western union agent below were to send the money, once you send, email me the slip

IBA

+[protected]
Map and Driving Directions
Today's Hours: 08:30 - 22:00
Tomorrow's Hours: 08:30 - 22:00
All you guys were greedy, and did'nt for once think that you could be conned. Well, congratulations you were scammed by a nigerian syndicate with all fake details. As the saying goes a fool and his money is always parted, well you have graduated from the school of hardknocks. Next time think to yourself, why me? Why would someone give you money without any effort. It's good to think now and again.
it happend to me and i think you say correct about getting money process from life.

Complaint categoryCategory: Banks