[Resolved]  PB — Charges without pre-information

Charges without pre-information

I have below complaint with HSBC bank, K.G Marg, Connaught Place Branch New Delhi.

1. I maintain a salary account with Zero balance facility with above bank branch from the Year 2001. The account was open by them with reference from TATA AIG.
My HSBC Account No. is [protected].

2. Till the year 2008 they treated above account as salary account with Zero balance facility but on 6th Janauary 2010 when I deposited 11000 Rs in my account they debited my account for
INR 3356.58/- as a levy for non-maintained of Average quarterly balance of INR 25000/- per
Quarter starting from April-2009 till date.

3. When I sent mail to HSBC bank they said my account has been opened as a savings Account only which is wrong information provided by the bank since my Account is a Zero Balance Account since its opening.

4. I have not received any from HSBC Bank mentioning change of status of account, however they have charged me for quarter – April- Dec 2009β€”it is total breach of contract as a customer. I should have been informed on onset of the quarter from which above change was done by the bank.This is arbitral and total mistake of HSBC part & hence, request you to take this issue with HSBC bank and credit INR 3356.58/-(for charges of non-maintenance of quarterly balance)
Also, penalty of INR 5000/- must be imposed as non-adherence to banking norms so that it can
be a lesson for them in future.

Thanking You,