[Resolved]  Post office / NSC — Delay in repayment of maturity proceeds

I had purchased NSC no. 6NS/43EEJ48905 for Rs.10000 on 15/02/2003 at Hyderabad, Jubilee hills PO. The NSC matured on 15/02/2009. As I was abroad at the time of maturity and since I reside at present in Velachery,Chennai, I submitted the NSC along with the necessary clearance request addressed to Hyderabad PO in the required format at Velachery PO, Chennai - 600042 on 10/08/2009. After a wait of one month, I was told that they couldn't get the clearance from Hyderabad as that PO had misplaced the NSC. I'm at a loss as to what to do further to get the maturity proceeds without further delay. Please take up this issue on my behalf and try to resolve it. Appreciate your help in this matter.
Thanks & Regards,
Krishnan Kailasom
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Post Office NSC. — intentional delay.

Respected Sir/ma'am,
My father who died on 21st April 2009,had some National Savings Certificates worth Rs.80,000 as face value.These have been created in the Viveknagar post office in the Jadavpur area of Kolkata.These NSC's are supposed to mature on September 2011.But due to a deep financial crisis that me and my family is facing currently,i've been forced to encash them before maturity.But after repeated requests made by me for the past 2 months the post master of the above mentioned post office is not bothered to listen to anything,my father's death is a "mere joke" to him,even the other staffs are all the same.They are telling me that it'll take "3-4 months" to get the money and i should well "forget about the rules".I told them that i'll complain at the GPO and consumer forum about this lethargic attitude,but they are least cared about this.I've gone through the rules and regulations manual(108 pages)of the postal department regarding the NSC's thoroughly.Please help me out regarding this matter as i'm in a total loss.If I don't get the money real soon,then me and my family will face serios problems.

Thankfully,