[Resolved]  The Puraswalkam co-operative Bank ltd,vepery, Chennai — Savings a/c under suspension for the past 30 years to the tune of Rs.300,00/- and gold ornaments not given to the heirs of the account holder.

My grandmother has F.D.no.1339 in the Pursawalkam co-operative Bank Ltd,Vepery, Chennai.The account was under suspension from the year 1967 since the year when my grandmother died.The orginal receipt was with my uncle.My grandmother has two sons only and no daughters.The fixed deposits amount was not returned to the heirs.The gold ornaments to the tune of 50 soverigns were with the bank in the name of my grandmother and an account and locker was used by her during her lifetime.I asked the bank to give details whether the said gold was given to my uncle and fixed deposited amount given to him without my father consent.The bank refuse to give any details regarding the issue.Since my father died in the year 2002, I on behalf of my brothers and sisters wants to know whether the bank has given the fixed deposits amount and gold soverigns to my uncle without my father consent.My uncle is still alive and we do not have good realtions with him.Whether we can receive the fixed deposit amount which was under suspension and gold sovergins will be given to us if it is still lying in the bank.If by mistake bank has given the said gold and fixed deposit amount to my uncle without my father cosnent, I request the forum to take action against the bank in defeicency of service and criminal action in case for giving the said gold and fixed deposit amount to my uncle without my father's consent.Both the fixed deposits receipt orginal and gold locker receipt are with my uncle only.

Complaint categoryCategory: Banks