[Resolved]  Usha Lexus Rice Cooker — Defective product/ Terrible customer support

When Reliance Digital offered a lot of electronic items on a special sale for Dhanteras, I had purchased a small 1.8 Litre Rice Cooker from Usha Lexus at half price - AT THEIR BANJARA HILLS OUTLET IN HYDERABAD.

They showed one piece and delivered another - and I did not have the foresight to ask them to open the pack and check its functioning. The rush in the shop on the day was also tremendous.

1. Brought it home and found it to be a DUD. It would not go into COOK mode at all!

2. Went back after 3 days - told them about it.
i) They refused to change the piece - SAYING THEY WERE TOTALLY OUT OF STOCK.
ii) Said they would service it or give me a credit note. No replacement.

As it came at a hefty 50% discount, it would not have been possible for me to go back and buy a new piece, even if they were stocked! Very clever way to avoid the replacement. I had it repaired.

Used it for about three days. On the third day, I set it and went out on work. It malfunctioned in a big way - BURNT THE RICE
- BLEW THE FUSES IN THE HOUSE
- AND STOPPED WORKING COMPLETELY.

I took it back. This time, I asked for a Credit Note. They said - NO WAY. WE WILL ONLY REPAIR IT. NOTHING ELSE. Due to the episode of burning the rice, the bottom of the Cooker went all out of shape.
THEY BLAME THIS ON ME! I asked them to replace the vessel as it is not my fault. I have not used that vessel to cook rice directly on a stove or something!!!! It burnt my Rice. Caused ME losses.

THEY REFUSED AND THEY ARE SITTING PRETTY FOR THE LAST ONE MONTH OR MORE - THEY JUST DO NOT CARE AS IT IS NOT THEIR PROBLEM AT ALL IF I SPENT MONEY AT THEIR OUTLET AND HAVE NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO SHOW FOR IT!!!

Comments

USHA LEXIS WIRELESS HANDSET, BATTERY IS NOT CHARGING, FORWARD THE ADDRESS O[censored]R REPAIR CENTER
My experience with Usha Lexus is similar. I had bought it at Vizag in Spencer. First time the rice at the bottom came out brownish. There was no plate provided in the pack. I went to the Service Centre and bought one. Later I did not use it again for long. I got it to Hyderabad. Now I found that the Power itself is not supplied when switched on. I took it to a repairer. He replaced the fuse inside saying the old one blew off. Then the Cooker started giving shock - earthing was gone!

I told him not to spend more time or money to repair it, as I thought it was worthless doing so. I would advise everyone STRONGLY NOT TO GO near Usha Lexus Rice Cooker!

By the way, the cooker does not show any Contact No. for Servicing. No list of Service Centres too in the Pack. I had to enquire & search a lot before I could get to the Service Centre in Vizag.

- T Sekhar,
Retired AGM, Bank of India
Yeh I bought usha rice cooker from specers in hyderabad while cooking fired it self. Just looking for chage the same