Hi Lanes Hypermarket — shop not willing to replace or refund the amount for faulty toy purchased

My complaint is on the HI LANES HYPERMARKET which is situated at no-2/3/7A, CBW tower, Dasarahalli, HA farm post, Hebbal, Bengaluru -560024
I had purchased Helicopter flying toy for my son on 11Feb2018 at 12:40pm. When I purchased the toy, the sales boy tried to give a demo. The helicopter flies 1-2 times & stopped. He said the toy has to be charged and need new 6 cells for the remote as he did use the old cells/batteries. I left from the shop but again visited there within half an hr to buy the batteries. I went home, charged the helicopter & after an hr we tried the toy, but the parts came into pieces. So took the toy back to shop. The sales boy tightened the screws and made more than 5-6 attempts, toy worked and fell down in force. He told try stopping it before it falls down. But he only could not do it and each & every time it fell down on the floor. Then we came back home, recharged again and we made the helicopter fly for 3-4 times. After that it stopped and a piece of burnt metal piece fell down from the toy. Finally we were upset with the toy and visited the HYPERMARKET for refund of money or to get an exchange. The owner of the toy made me wait till today even after repeated call from my side. Today when I called says as cannot do anything, can’t refund money and to take back the faulty toy. He says he has sent it for company & they said it seems, the toy stopped working because it fell down many times. Fact is that hypermarket sales boy made more attempts to make it fly than us. Now shop owner is arguing that he gave the toy after checking only but did not make it fly to high and also says he did not do many times. My house roof is less than the hypermarket’s roof. We also tried in house and corridor. Ours is single floor. The only thing I requested the shop owner to give us the 50% benefit of the toy rate as both did made it fly and so finally it stopped working. I did not even used it for 2 hrs, returned the toy to the shop before that. Paid cash of ₹1248/- which is quite big amount for me. I am attaching the docs for reference for further actions. Kindly arrange for at least 50% refund of the amount or to give 50% benefit for me to buy anything else from their shop. I’ll we eagerly waiting for your advice.
Thanks & regards,

shop not willing to replace or refund the amount for faulty toy purchased

Bengaluru Pete