Air India Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Dec 5, 2023

File a complaint to Air India

Having problems with Air India?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Air India customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Air India

Marine Drive, Nariman Point
Mumbai City District

Air India reviews & complaints page 157

somaditya sen

The Air India website has put several phone numbers in the list on its website but when you call it either guides you to some automated already known information or hangs up with a bizarre noise or engaged tone.
Secondly the flight status option is just nothing else but the flight schedule. So no information can be known of what is happening. I consider it as a very careful way of being careless.

Air India — Bad Customer Care

I purchased a ticket (Goa Chennai) by credit card and lost the credit card that the Air India requests to present it at the check in.

So I sent my inquiry by e-mail to know what I should do.

Simply no response despite many times inquiries.

Are they working ?

Y
    Yalaguresh Jorapur

I was travelling from Bangalore to London on 25th May 09. I was travelling by AI-9505 from BLR to DEL and by AI-111 from DEL to LHR.

I got the boarding pass for both the flights in BLR. When I landed in DEL, the Air India customer support executive took my boarding pass and put a seal "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" and asked me to take seperate boarding pass at international airport. When I approached the Air India desk for boarding pass, he asked me to pay 1300 Rs UDF. As I did not have much time left for my flight, I had to pay and get the boarding pass. I feel cheated.

My transit time was just 2 hours in delhi. But I paid 1300 Rs in UDF. Please help to get the money back and to stop this practice in DEL airport by Air India counter.

Flight No From To Departure Time Arrival Time
    AI-9505 BLR DEL 25/5/09 9:30 25/5/09 12:00
    AI-111 DEL LHR 25/5/09 14:00 25/5/09 19:05
    Hi!
    It is not AI charging UDF.It is DIAL(GMR Group).Every passenger who travels from Delhi Airport has to pay UDF(domestic-200/- and international 1300/-).so better it would be, if you people get the full information before booking a flight.

ANIRUDDHA NAG
      from Pune, Maharashtra

I live in Bangur Avenue.I've shifted my residence from 14/D to 31/C Bangur Avenue on 10.05.2009 and applied to Telephone Dept on 11.05.2009, Salt Lake Exchange assured me that they will change it by 15.05.2009. But till today 26.05.2009, nothing has happened. My case Number is BAR/LP-H9/NOR/09-10/0035.
      Bangur telephone exchange is not taking it seriously and instead of having Work Order they are not working.
      Please do the needful.

V
        VASU KAUSHIK
        from Chennai, Tamil Nadu

A ticket was booked online on 18 May 2009 at 18:10 hrs (IST) for IC 555 from Chennai to Singapore on 23 May 2009 at 00:50 hrs. During this transaction, the amount of Rs 8329 has been debited from my account but the PNR was not generated.Due to availability shortage, I immediately booked a new ticket for the journey. I request to you to refund the amount for the ticket that was booked earlier for which the PNR number was not generated
        I booked online ticket (PNR no. HW0WW) on 9 December 2009 for AI 840 from Abu Dhabi to Delhi and back for travel on 19th December 2009. Air India informed me at 12.00PM on 18th December 2009 that the flight was cancelled due to operational reasons and Air India could not accommodate me in alternative suitable flight, the PNR no. HW0WW was entirely cancelled.

In spite of repeated reminders and follow up with Abu Dhabi office, I have not received the refund till date

I request you immediately refund ticket cost without delay.

The Ticket was purchased thru web booking from Air India website The Transaction ID is 46974494 dated 9/12/2009

Rajeev Nanda

I

We had booked flight ticket vide indian airlines for Chennai to Ahemedabad for 5-5-11 and return on 11-5-11.These flights were cancelled by them owing to strike by pilots.I had called their call centre and the person promised on 4-5-11 that all money will be tranferred without any charges to my citi bank credit card through which i had booked ticket.So far even after 2 months they have not transferred and refunded the money.

On approaching our citi bank they told no amount has come from Air India.

I have called their call centre 4-5 times they say it has been sent and they can not give details when it was sent.

This an an absolute case of deficency in service.

OUR TICKET NUMBERS ARE 098-[protected]
        098-[protected]

thanks

Digpal Asha Jain

Air India — No Refund Generated as promised

We cancelled a flight with Air India on December 19, 2011, and were told at the time of cancellation that the ticket would be refundable minus a processing fee, for a total of approximately $560 dollars. Since we booked through a travel agent, we were also told to confirm the refund with them, which we did immediately. After three weeks worth of follow ups on why our refund has not been processed, we are now being told by Air India that this ticket is non-refundable, despite repeated claims of the opposite in our intervening inquiries. We would like the promised refund returned to us without any further delay.

shipment not received

AIR WAYBILL NO[protected] AI660- 2 PC MUMBAI TO DELHI shipment not received till 10.15 pm in Delhi, where is my shipment . TO, PRADEEP KUMAR DELHI FROM -NEERAJ KR SHARMA MUMBAI [protected], [protected]

B
          Balasubramanian A

The date of Travel 14th April, 2009 night from Bangalore to Mumbai by Air India flight
          The date of Travel 15th April, 2009 by AI 191 from Mumbai to Frankfurt and by AI 127
          from Frankfurt to Chicago.

1. The provision of food stuffs without proper intervals and time schedule. There was a time gap of 4 to 6 hours between the break fast and dinner in the flight.
          2. It is an International flight but the announcements in English is brief and not clear. The announcement in Hidhi is lengthier. (In the flight not only Indians but customers from other countries were also travelling.
          3. Step motherly treatment for the passengers / customers to those who doesnot know Hindhi language, while the fare for the travel is equal for all customers
          4.At Frnakfurt the flight AI 191 was landed in the ground and the stairs put on the ground not arranged to get in to the bay (tunnel bay way) The senior citizen like me were asked to walk to carry our hand baggage with out giving wheel chair assistance, to get into a bus to go to the train station and there also no assistance (wheel chair provision) was arranged by the Air India Staff.
          Please note that I had travelled by Lufthansa and British Airways from India to USA, wherein best services and food, and snacks, drinks were provided at proper intervals. Hospitality and customer treatment were quite exemplary.
          5. Conduct a special input training to staff and try to improve the service
          6. Provide proper snacks, drinks and food to the passengers / customers, and avoid consumer disputes and unnecessary payment of compensation. The compensation payment by the company is also Public Money,
          India is the Growing Nation and marked for hospitality and treatment of tourists in with utmost sincerity. But the behaviour of staff and treatment of passengers in the Air India Air crafts AI 191 and AI 127 were very very bad.
          Air India only seems to care Indians who know Hindi. They need to realize that there are a lot of other indian people who dont know hindi. Their attitude towards non-hindi speaking people is horrible
          I never experienced that Air India gives priority to Hindi.
          Not all flights are accessable through air tunnels. For A 300/ A310/ A 320 for Boeing 737 or similar short flight aircrafts airlines and airports all prefer Ladders and convienient. If you have ordered a wheel chair assistence well before, they must brought it the aircraft. Unfortunately for such small aircrafts its simply not possible if you dont request well before.

Even British airways / Lufthansa does the same if it is a local short flights. For Lufthansa tickets if it has a connection with say train (carring lufthansa flight number) and short flights you should order wheel chair assistence well in advance.
          AIR INDIA 127 sucks we al should baycot it due to poor service and no respect.
          It is schdule to depart from NEW @ 1:30 it is still not sure when it will take off, passenger sleeping on air port floor whole night. Their excuse they dont have staff to fly air craft, What? they should shutdown and let other airlines service people. I am surelly not flying AI even after dead.

T
            Tandra SrinivasaRao
            from Hyderabad, Telangana

I Purchased Air India Ticket to travel to San Francisco, CA from Airticketing Agent Named Skyline Aviation Services, Hyderabad. But the ticket is not used. Applied for Refund the same by the agent.
            My Ticket Ref. is 098 [protected] dated 19th Feb 08 and Booking Ref is 2TISTV.
            Submitted the Requisation for the refund on 10th March 09.

Please Take Necessary Action To refund the same.

mansi
              from Mumbai, Maharashtra

WE WERE TRAVELLING FROM SINGAPORE TO MUMBAI ON 31.3.2009.

WE BEING STAFF OF AIR INDIA WERE SHOCKED TO SEE THE DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR OF THE STAFF OF AIR INDIA AT THE COUNTER OF SINGAPORE AIRPORT.

THE COUNTER STAFF BEHAVES IN A VERY INDIFFERENT MANNER AND TREATS THE OTHER STAFF MEMBERS TRAVELLING TO SINGAPORE LIKE BEGGARS.

THIS IS TOTALLING DISGUSTING. STRONG ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM.
              lets vote for air india to shut down.there is millions of diffrent story of air india's employees misbehave attitude, take any story one is worst then other passenger are treated like animals i would say we treat our animal better then they treat passenger, you ask them any thing in the flight which you paid for waiters of air-india make you feel that you are beggars nothing else.
              DON'T FLY WITH AIR-INDIA, NEVER FLY WITH AIR-INDIA
              MOST DISGUSTING AIRLINE ALL BECAUSE OF THERE EMPLOYEES SPECIALY CREW, SECURITY AND TICKETING COUNTER.
              LETS PROMISE WE WILL NOT TRAVEL WITH AIR-INDIA AS THERE ARE BEST OPTION AVAILABLE WE ARE PASSENGER AIR INDIA IS BECAUSE O[censored]S WE R NOT COZ OF AIR-INDIA.
              ALSO REQUEST WITH OTHER AIRLINE OPERATOR NOT TO GIVE EX-AIR-INDIA EMPLOYEES JOBS OR THEY WILL MAKE YOUR AIRLINE SAME AS AIR-INDIA.
              GO HOME AIR INDIA. HAD ENOUGH DICTATORSHIP NOW YOUR DADDY AIRLINE IS IN THE MARKET JET, KINGFISHER
              JET & KINGFISHER TREAT PASSENGER AS THEY SHOULD BE TREATED YOU
              WILL NOT FLY WITH AIR-INDIA EVEN IF THE TICKET IS MOST DISCOUNTED PRICE.

VOTE-VOTE-VOTE-VOTE

AMIT LOHANA
                from Gurgaon, Haryana

This is to inform you that I had faced gross negligence and threat to my life by AIR INDIA on my flight from Delhi to New York.I took a flight AI 101 from Delhi on the 27th January 2009.I am a frequent flier but have never heard or faced such incompetence on part of any airline in the world.I have put forward a complaint to Air India but they are just not taking any action.I have put below the emails sent by the airline to me for your reference and also what exactly I had gone through.

I had requested for a sea food meal which I did receive.The prawns seemed a bit smelly but I didn't bother.After one hour of having this meal I started to have severe pain in my stomach.I started to have loose stomach and had to go to the toilet twice.I called on your crew to ask for some medicine as the pain had become severe and also I started shivering.They were very helpful and called in a doctor from one of the passengers.The doctor suggested food poisoning and told me to be on ORS.The next few hours were a pain as I went four times to the toilet.The pain was excruciating.I requested the crew to arrange for a doctor on the JFK airport, I was told that they would pass on a message for a doctor but to my dismay when I landed the ground staff there told me to get the immigration done after which they would call the police to get an ambulance to take me to a nearby hospital.His attitude was of sheer inconsideration.I decided to take some pain killers I had in my checked in Baggage and took the flight to Miami and get myself check at a doctor there.

The doctor in Miami told me that I was suffering from Food Poisoning, told me to rest and prescribed me antibiotics medicine.I was on a Business trip and had to go through suffering, pain and agony because poisoned food served by your airline.The airline should take responsibility
                for the Food being served to its customers.
                These guys take Indians for a dangerous ride.I am sure if it would have been a foreigner they would have compensated him by now and apologized.

C
                  Complainant1065267
                  from Kolkata, West Bengal

We were subjected to great mental agony and inconvenience due to sudden change of IC 0505 from Bangalore to Delhi on 6th January 2009 to IC 439.In our ticket booked on 5th December, the departure time was 9.30 am and arrival at Delhi was 12.00 noon with out any stops.

When we checked the internet on 5th January to know if there is any change in flight schedule our flight IC 0505 was not seen in the flight schedule. We tried to contact the toll free number of Air India but no one answered the call. I send a letter by e mail to Air India in the address, [protected]@indian-airlines.info to know about our flight status but no reply has been received upto now. We feel this as most unfortunate and irresponsible behavior in the part of Air India. According to our experiences the services and behaviour of low cost private air lines are much better than Air India..

When we reached airport we came to know that the flight No. is changed to IC 439 and the flight has now one stop at Chennai contrary to the ticket issued to us. Moreover the scheduled arrival at Delhi was changed to 13.45. This flight actually landed in Delhi at 14.45. It departed from Bangalore at 10.45 am instead of 9.30 am. We had an important meeting at Delhi at 14.30 and also missed the Jan Shatabdhi Express in which we were planning to go to Karnal- the place of our residence. Hence we had to take a taxi and pay Rs. 2500 as taxi fare to Karnal.

To add to all these, the behaviour of airhostess in the flight gave the feeling as if they are not trained in the fundamentals of hospitality. Passengers who requested for pillows were not provided and those who went and collected only could get it. Is this the way to treat the passengers? Really pathetic services, behaviour and the quality of food served were substandard.

You are requested to look into this matter and give us the necessary compensation by paying us Rs.2500 which we had to spend on taxi and an amount of Rs.50000/- for the mental agony and inconvenience caused to us within 15 days of the receipt of this mail. If necessary action is not taken we will be moving the matter to consumer court.

Thanking you,
                  Jancy Gupta

Saurabh Kochhar

Hi Sir

I want to bring to your notice the inconvenience caused to me due to Air India flight cancellation.
                    I booked a flight for my sister from expedia.com for an Air India flight AI-126 from Chicago-New Delhi for 6th October which had a cost of $704.90. The flight got cancelled and Air India staff told that "flight may or may not go" even the next day also.
                    It was very urgent for her to come back so she booked American Airlines ticket then and there itself which costed around $2000.
                    When I contacted for refund, both Air India/Expedia started giving excuses and told that they don't have any information on this.
                    I went to Air India (Hyderabad) office and they simply refused to refund the amount saying that the ticket was not booked by them.

Sir, kindly look into this matter as its been over a month and nobody is replying and I have spent more than 1Lac rupees for a fault for which solely Air India is responsible.

I have all the tickets/mails/call details list, in case you want anything, I will be providing you with the details.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

Saurabh
                    Dear Sir
                    This is Nipan Sarma, had purchased one ticket vide PNR NO - YP974 for Kolkata to Guwahati sector. But due to some personal reason i had to cancel the same. The basket reference : AIBE7544947
                    CCUGAU/S/17 MAY 13 JURN XXLD
                    PNR YP974 XXLD ON 14 MAY 13 / 0930 HRS.
                    MY SBI CREDIT CARD NO : [protected]. ( NIPAN SARMA)

shahbaz subedar

My name is shahbaz subedar.we were flying with my family from Mumbai to New York by Air India Flight no. AI191 on Saturday 25th October, 2008.

As per the rule, we have bought a ticket for my kid master ZIYAN subedar (only 1year old) which costs me around Rs.26000/-.
                      For that amount they are bound to provide me baby coat for my baby.

But unfortunately, they did not had sufficient baby coat or they didnot had baby coat for that whole journey which lasts for around 19 hours.we had to manage our baby by ourselves.

Due to this neither my baby nor me could sit comfortably.

I will definately raise this issue in consumer court also.

Shahbaz Subedar

P
                        Paresh Varsani

The following Letter was sent to Air India HQ and London Office.

* I had to constantly chase the complaint
                        * Show no sympathy or to honest didnt care
                        *Did take responsibility and didnt no care on bit.

OVERALL - Will Never Use Again and Would Not Recommend !!!

I am filing a written complaint to Air India for compensation. Please read my frustrations with Air India

I came to find out from my friends on Saturday 20th September that Air India have changed the flight schedule which will mean that there will be no direct flight from London Heathrow to Ahmedabad. I don’t think Air India realised the amount of inconvenience they have create to passengers with regards to arrival times, departure time, pickup time from airport and hotel reservation and now I will have to incur extra hotel cost due to my flight not leaving until 15.15 which was originally leaving at 7.20. I know of over 15 people who are affected and now looking to cancel their flights and will travel with your competitor Jet Airway. The worst feeling is to find out from friends and family about your flight changes without being informed by the airline or the travel agency who you have paid. I have shown my frustration to my travel agency and I am now showing my frustration to the airline.

I am extremely angry and reluctant to let this go as I will explain below:

Back in March when I made the booking I had two options which included choosing flight with Air India and your competitor Jet Airway. Jet Airway came in cheaper by £75.00 but it was via Mumbai. However I choose to use Air India even after I was told by the travel agency, friends and family about the poor customer service and the unreliable service. At an extra cost of £75.00 and bad reviews I took the risk and showed my loyalty and purchased tickets with Air India for the only reason which was DIRECT flight to my destination. I will explain further to why this has proven to come back a haunt my decision. I will not receive the service I paid for and I demand appropriate compensation from Air India as I don’t have the luxury of cancelling and choosing another carrier.

* Do you think I will receive the same direct service I have paid for?

* If direct flight is not available - Do you think I should receive compensation for the inconvenience and a refund the extra cost which was paid?

On Monday 22nd of September 2008 at 9.00am, I called the customer number[protected] which was given to me by my travel agency because I was extremely unhappy. I called the number for over 4 hours continuously and to this date no have not managed to speak to a customer service advisor and have given up. As temperature were heating up, I when to the Air India website where I emailed “Contact Us For Complaints and Compliments” and called[protected] again and again to finally get connected to find myself being treated rudely/unprofessional and on number of occasion the staff disconnected my call. I spoke to number of your colleague from Vikran, Pankaj to name a few staff. I don’t expect any favours but I deserve proper customer service.

* What kind of service is this? Is this the type of service Air India want to be known for?

* Aren’t we paying for the service so why can’t Air India handle us as customers?

Lack of this will definitely lower AI’s customers’ interest and sales especially when travel agencies in the UK are advising their customers’ not to use Air India.

Here are some of the links of websites which hosts endless complaints on Air India flight and customer service who sound the similar complaint as me.

The whole service from Air India and the way it treats it’s customer is a clear attitude of their arrogance. I know I can not change anything with Air India but I decided to recommend family, friends and everybody else never ever board or book any Air India flights.

I request your assistance and your help for obtaining the fair compensation. If you need more information please call me on ********** or send email at [protected]@hotmail.com

Paresh Varsani

India Today — BAD & UNRELIABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I deeply regret the fact that inspite of calling the India Todiay Customer Care Number a No. of times and enquiring about the delivery status of my Reebok Fitness Kit, brought through phone transaction, the support people are not at all giving a concrete answer of when it will be delivered to me.

I Booked it on 08-Mar-2009 but haven't received any till date.

Also, they have been calling me again and again, for explaining their other offers, when i replied them my disinterest, they are asking the reason for it.

Too bad !!!

If this is going to happen for a week, i will definitely lodge a compliant against India Today group in the consumer forum.

My transaction id : [protected]

amount: Rs. 3, 199/-

flights — service

My husband and I travelled with your airline after hearing very favourable reports about how fantastic the airline was and what good service other friends had received. I would like to express my displeasure with our trip. We flew out on the 04.06.2009 and I asked for a window and an aisle seat which we duly got and the flight was okay despite us being late in take off. On arrival in Dubai we were helped by a very friendly staff member and that the plane we would be flying in had only groups of three seats so I was given an aisle seat and my husband a window seat and luckily there was nobody inbetween us which was great.

On the return journey we were assisted at the check in counter by a very friendly staff member from your airline but unfortunately the plane also had groups of three seats and I was given a middle seat on both flights and as I suffer from claustrophobia this was very unpleasant. We also found the seats on the plane very hard and uncomfortable and the light meals that we were served had hard stale rolls with very little chicken filling. There was a problem with the baggage loading on the flight EK004 and we should have left at 10.15am. We should have left from gate 221 but were told to go to gate 136 which is at the other end of the aiport building and then we were driven by bus to the plane and sat on the plane for and hour and a half while they loaded the baggage onto the new plane before we took off at noon..

On a more pleasant note the puddings were great as per my husband and there was enought liquid refreshement available and the hostesses were also helpful in supplying what we needed.

I don't like to complain but feel these things need to be brought to your attention as it only serves to enable you to give a better service.

Pauline Roux
                        sir, good morning.i am subscriber to india today tamil issue.subscrib no ITT1880774.today ihave received one gift article from india today office newdelhi.very shocking to me .that parcel i opened, insde dilipkumarroy v state of sikkim 45 damaged pages only inserted parcel, iam very shocking. timex wrist watch not received to me.what happen? and what can i do?i dont understand the indiatoday group.please stern action to above complaint.(my parcel no-itetimex itt488277 epp 1).
                        thanking you. aarison, reader indiatoday.

Air India — cancellation of flight and bad customer care

My Name is :Ayalur Subramanian Annapoorni
                        My passport number: H8671791
                        My ticket number: Document 098 -[protected]

My return flight from Austin-New York on 12th December 2010

My original Itinerary:

1) Austin to New York by AA684 on 12th December 2010 at 9.40am______ reaching New York at 14.30______
                        2) New York JFK to Mumbai by AI-140 on the 12th of December 2010 at 21:30 reaching Mumbai at _22.15_____

Unfortunately my return journey turned out to be a nightmare.

To make things simpler, let me use a numbered format to describe the sequence of events.

1) The day before my travel, we called Air India to reconfirm my flight. We were told that my flight was rescheduled and it was now at 16:00 hours instead of the original 21:30 hours. No one had emailed me or texted me to inform me of the change. I panicked because this would only give me an hour and a half at New York JFK to change over. We asked the agent if they could reschedule us on an earlier flight but he said an hour and a half was OK according to Air India’s policy. We were very skeptical about that, but your customer care (CC) personnel assured that it would be enough.
                        2) The next day, on 12th December, as planned I reported at Austin Bergstorm Airport at 7 am, on 12th. As American airlines would land at JFK at 14.35 hours the agent refused to let me take the flight to JFK since they said the baggage would not make it to the next flight. According to their policy they needed at least 1 and a half hours between the connecting flights. The American Agent called Air India to see if they could resolve the problem and to our surprise, the Air India agent said their policy was a minimum of 2 hours!! This meant that the information they gave me over the phone the previous day was completely inaccurate. Also, the agent said they could do nothing about my situation.
                        3) I begged and pleaded with both agents over the phone and I reiterated to Air India that their original flight was 21:30 and they had combined two flights (JFK to Delhi and JFK to Mumbai) to change the flight time to 16:00 hours (this was the time the JFK to Delhi flight was supposed to depart). I was not responsible for missing my flight if the event occurred due to their schedule change.
                        4) American Airlines told me they would take me to New York but they could not accept my luggage. My daughter and son-in-law were traveling to India by American Airlines that same day. My daughter asked American Airlines if they could take my baggage with them. American accepted this but said we would have to pay an extra 100 US Dollars (50 dollars per bag). Left with no other choice, we made the payment and the baggage traveled with my daughter on her flight to India via London.
                        5) When we entered the terminal after security, we found out that the American Airlines flight to New York was delayed due to bad weather. I immediately contacted Air India about the situation. They again washed their hands off the affair. Remember that all this was occurring due to their schedule change. If my flight from New York were at 21:30 as scheduled before, I could have easily made it.
                        6) When I reached New York airport, I ran to the Air India counter at my terminal. I was astonished to see the counters vacant. Not a single person from Air India was around. I phoned the AI customer service toll free number. I was asked to go to The American Airline agent and was asked to talk to the AI customer care executive, from there. So again I ran to the terminal number 8.The agent directly talked to AI and your CC service executive told they could not do anything. I was requesting them to put me in any other flight. They asked me to meet the duty manager there. Again I went to terminal 4, but in vain. No one was there either. When I enquired with airport authorities, they said only three hours prior to the flight, anybody would appear.
                        7) I had no choice but to wait at the airport from 17:30 hours on the 12th of January to 16:00 hours on the 13th of January. Air India did not even bother to offer me any food or accommodation. Since I am a pure vegetarian, I could not eat anything at the airport. I do not understand American Accent well so I could not ask for descriptions of what was in each food item. All I had for the next 24 hours was a cup of coffee. At around 10 AM on the 13th, after more than 15 hours of waiting at the airport, I almost fainted of hunger and fatigue. I am 55 years old. I had spondylitis and mild arthritis too. Because of my mental and physical trauma my problems were aggravated. On the 13th at 11.30 AM or so AI agents came and opened the counters. I stood in the queue And got my tickets reserved, on AI -140, on 13th and reached Mumbai on 14th at 22:00 hours.
                        My Grievances:
                        1. AI should have informed me earlier, so that I could have cancelled my tickets on American Airlines (Austin to New York) and taken some other flight according to my departure time from JFK or other airport
                        2. AI should have considered what its passengers would go through before rescheduling a flight to depart 5 hours before its original scheduled time!
                        3. I anticipated the problem and asked your agents repeatedly if 1 and a half hour was enough time for transit at JFK airport. They said it was. And this turned out to be false even going by your own policy which is 2 hours.
                        4. I had to shell out 100 US dollars so my luggage could reach India, all because of your rescheduling.
                        5. AI should have had the minimum courtesy to take care of me for 20 hours; they should have provided me a hotel accommodation, so that I could have been safe. Or put me in a different flight so that I could have reached India at the earliest and joined my husband who is 65 years old and sick and alone.

I request Air India to attend to my appeal and compensate me for all the trouble and inconvenience caused and the money (100 US Dollars) we paid extra for the baggage At Bergstorm American airline counter.
                        I am writing this with absolute regret and dismay, My child boarded an Air India flight from Mumbai to Jamnagar on the 16/06/2013, but the flight had to return to Mumbai due to bad weather, It is disgraceful that the most incompetent half wits decided to bring the flight back to Mumbai, half way back to Mumbai the weather had cleared so these half wits could have gone back to Jamnagar to let there passengers disembark, instead they decided to go to Mumbai, no considerate for there passengers what so ever, it is an inconvenience for my child and my husband and myself considering that we had to foot the bill for her return to Jamnagar, flight, hotel accommodation and taxi fare. What the hell is wrong with these people, its like they take no notice of you. Come on people in the western world this a taboo, If you want to be a world class country behave like one, and look for a PLAN B, don't let you passengers battle themselves.
                        SHAME ON YOU AIR INDIA!!! your passengers are important so look after them, if it wasn't for your passengers you wont have a business... and treat them with respect, VERY DISAPPOINTED...
                        This is the first time I flew with Air India and I was really disappointed at the service and even more frustrated after the journey with the poor customer service. I have never experienced this in any other airline before.

I paid a lot of money to book business class ticket on this flight [AI113 - 4/1/13] as I was sick and wanted to travel comfortably for the 8 hour journey. I was discharged from the hospital just 2 days before and it was very important for me to have a comfortable travel. But in my seat, auto reclining was not working. The steward has noted this in his log book and the technical team tried to fix this before take off but with no success. They said its Air India's mistake as the seat should not have been allocated. By the time we reached Birmingham, I was in severe pain with swelling in my joints. And I had to be admitted in the hospital for another week in the UK

I called up the customer services to report this and they asked to submit a feedback online. I did that twice . No one has taken any notice of it. I called the customer service again, they gave me a telephone number for the Air India head office in London. I have been calling them for days now. No one is picking up. How pathetic can the services be?

So then i called the customer services team again and they gave an email id. I hope someone will see this and get in touch with me. I need compensation and refund of the money I paid for the business class ticket.

Better to fly in Emirates Economy services, 10 times better than Air India Business or First Class

my email: [protected]@gmail.com

nagaraj ramakrishnan iyer
                          from Chennai, Tamil Nadu

on 18th I'd arrived from Newyork by AI 140 and from my check in bag I had lost the following.

1. 2 boxes of FERRERO ROCHER HAZELNUT CHOCOLATES net
                          weight 600 gms...
                          2. a beautiful hand made imported shirt costing 80 US dollars

3. 2 costliest perfumes which was a gift for my son in law...

I wanted the authorities to know this for constant vigilance on the loaders in the month of may 23rd my elder son in law boarded a flight from air india to NY from delhi..a brand new banarsi saree was neatly removed from his check in bag which he realised when he reached and opened the bag at home..usually these type of things I have not experienced in Europe, middle east and USA but when this things are happening in our country I must make sure that the authorities take some action and let the passenger know what they should do in this case..
                          please note that in security check in bags in Newyork the x ray machine was not working when I checked in..and the personnels forced me to go to the gate and said that nothing will happen to my check in bag!!!there was a common conveyer belt which was handled by few of the american counter parts and they didn't allow me to wait to see my bags going into the machine!!!

well I hope I have given the message and it depends what action does the authorities take?

R
                            Riyaz
                            from Hyderabad, Telangana

I was travelling on Air India flight AI126 from Chicago to Hyderabad and had to change planes at Mumbai.
                            Our checked in baby stroller did not arrive at Hyderabad despite all other baggage arriving.

When we unpacked some of our luggage we found 2 new digital cameras missing these were expertly removed from the locked baggage leaving behind empty camera boxes all this worth about Rs.41000 . I have complained to Air India and so far the response received is on check for Rs, 2586 from Air India, I do not understand how they arrived at this figure as there was no information given, I just received the check in an envelope with no senders address or contact info or any accompanying letter, I can only assume this check was from Air India based on the logo on the envelope.

It is bewildering with so much heightened security baggage can be tampered with when something can be removed from checked baggage it is frightening that something can also be inserted in the baggage as easily.

I must admit it is my mistake for flying in Air India despite other options that were available. I will never ever repeat this mistake again.
                            I took Air India flight IC 840 from Kabul to New Delhi on 6th March 2009. I gave one suitcase duly locked as checked in baggage. When I received my checked in baggage at the New Delhi Airpirt, I found that the lock of the baggage is broken. Further, the bag is badly damaged. The cost of bag is about Rs. 3000.00. Further, my baggage is also missing. I lodged a complaint at the Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi, who faxed my complaint to Cirector (Commercial) at the IGI Airport, New Delhi. There is no response to the complaint from Air India.

Will any body lookinto my complaint.

Prafulla Kumar Agrawal

e-mail ID
                            Me and my daughter were travelling on Air India flight AI 126 from Frankfurt to New Delhi.We had initially boarded from Newark(flight AI 144) and had changed the plane at Frankfurt(AI 126).
                            Our checked in 3(three) baggage did not arrive at New Delhi.

When we unpacked some of our luggage we found 1 iPod shuffle, pendrive, card reader, stockings(10 pairs), Artificial expensive jewellery and few other things missing these were expertly removed from the baggage leaving behind empty boxes and torn polythin bags all this worth about Rs.25000 .
                            When we asked to open the sealed luggage at warehouse baggage, we were told not to do so because the seal was put before the higher authorities of the airline.
                            The Airlines staff also misbehaved with us.
                            who is responsible for the stolen luggage?why dont the authorities take serious action about it?
                            will Air India listen to the passenger's problem and give their claim.?It is really an embarrasing situation for our country. What if this happens with a foreigner?What will an outsider think about our country?
                            What impression will he take back to his country?

I must admit it is our mistake for flying by Air India despite other options that were available.We will never ever repeat this mistake again.
                            my both bag is missing ...
                            i dnt get my bag frm amdavad airpot...
                            i hav arrive at amdavad airport on 22/12/09
                            on 20/12/09 i got flite frm greenville to salod & then to newyork jfk airpot from that direct to amdavad airport..
                            my flite no...
                            so plz tell me how to get my bag return...
                            i dont get any responds from air india...
                            We arrived in Hyderabad on 24th Dec 09 at 2.30 a.m from chicago in AI 140. we found our luggage missing.Pls let us know where our luggage is now.
                            My mother flew from Kathmandu to London Heathrow via Delhi on 18th December 2009. On arrival her 2 luggages were missing. It has now been more than 9 days and still there is no news of missing luggages. I tried to ring Air India (London) staffs innumerous time, and they sounds rude and unhelpful at all times...I dont know what to do now.
                            I will NEVER NEVER NEVER fly with this horrible airline, nor will I recommend anyone from doing so.
                            I cant imagine this service from Air India .If air india can read this messege please read this, we haven't got our baggage at Ahmedabad airport.We were travelling in AI 126 from chicago to Delhi and haven't received our bags yesterday i.e. feb 10, 2010. Our baggage info is 0016UA823225, A822779, A822799, A822844.

If you find any information please contact me at[protected] in india or my sis in USA[protected].

R
                              Raja Sangameshwar Veeravalli

Dear Sir

Good day.

I work for Infosys. I recently travelled from Chennai to Asuncion (Paraguay) via Dubai & Sao Paulo. Chennai to Sao Paulo was by Emirates, and the last leg was by Tam.
                              When I checked in at Chennai, they first said since i do not have Brazil transit visa, they will not be able to issue boarding pass. Later, after some discussions, they said I could travel, but I am carrying over-weight for through check-in. I had two bags for check-in, one weighing 20 kilos and other weighing 11 kilos. This was very much under permissible limits for Emirates. But at the check-in, few Air India authorities told me that they will not be able to check-in my baggage unless i pay $150 for extra baggage for the through check-in for Sao Paulo-Asuncion sector. I had to pay as i was told they will not issue boarding pass unless i do so.
                              However, few of my colleagues also travelled with me, with more baggage than mine. They checked-in later at a different counter, and went through without any hassles. In fact, one week earlier to my travel, one person travelled with 90 kilos, including a computer server. He was not charged anything for that.

I am really disappointed with this kind of inconsistencies. I sincerely request you to revert on this matter as soon as possible. I shall reply with the flight and the charge receipt details after your reply. Please reply to my mail ID [protected]@infosys.com as well.

I am sorry to say that I would be forced to lodge an official complaint if i am not receiving a convincing response within reasonable time.

Raja

Mugdha Deshmukh

My mother was travelling by Air India Flight From Bombay to Minneapolis & Return..Her Return Ticket from Minneapolis to Bombay was on 16th Feb 2008.We got her Ticket postponed to 28th Febmore than 15 days agofrom date of her travel.In this Process we called Air India, Chicago Office asking about her postponing the ticket.They said that there is no penalty for this ticket & we need to send money order of $20 for postage with the details o[censored]S contant & they AirIndia will take take of the rest.We did so then When we called again for confirming the ticket they said that you never confirmed the date of postponment & now AirIndia will levy $100 as penalty because we called in a 7 days time frame.
                                Our Issue is in the first phone call the person never postponed the ticket but only asked us to send the money order.When we called up to confirm the recipt of money order after few days, Air India said they did recieve the money order but the ticket had not been postponed.So they need addition money to postpone now .This weas deficiency of service & unfair leving of penalty.We request that our penalty of $100 should be reimbursed.

Mugdha Deshmukh
                                HI,

i called Air India rez call centre and spoke with Tanvi Bhateja.
                                I am buissness class flyer. I was surprised with her attitude . She was soo arrogant and mannerless.
                                I wanted to make a booking from ORD-HYD.
                                And it was actually a date change.
                                Being a Buissness class i expected they would atleast have a seprate desk for Buiss and first class.
                                But Air India is good for nothing.
                                I then spoke to her supervisor Mr Spencer, a nice and an understanding Gentleman
                                The first person in Air india who treated me they way i deserve.
                                I promised myself that i will never fly airindia again.

K
                                  Kanchanlal N. Sherdiwala
                                  from Mumbai, Maharashtra

I and my wife travelled from Chicago to Mumbai by flight No AI 126 on 10th April, 2008. Our boarding pass no. were 063 and064 and seats were alloted 63 G and 63 F.

To my surprise I found the following deficiencies in service .

1. From Chicago to Frankfrunt crew were not co-operative. They were not hearing any complain. They replied us to complain to Customer care department.

You must agree that such reply is not proper for internation tourist.

2. One seat arm rest was demaged.

LCDwas not working. We could not see film etc.

4. The required light for reading was not working. Hence we were to sit and could notread magazine and newspaper.

It is rediculous in international fight.

I, therefore, request the Management to look into the matter and advise employees to come out from public sector behaviour.
                                  poor service
                                  subject- disappointment of service.
                                  I write this note to you about the my harrowing experience as well as my physical and emotional stairs for which your firm is responsible.
                                  for 10th of sep' 2008 the ticket for myself & my wife was booked from LONDON TO NEW YORK in AI-111 from where i had connecting flight UA-7580 for washington DC on same day
                                  but sudden on 9th of sep'2008 we know to that the flight for JKF is canceled during inquiry of flight AI-111
                                  We aiso surprise to know the it was not informed me
                                  it was very painful to know the situation before departure.
                                  There was an urgent work at london at 9 am which was left with huge loss due to change of departure time.
                                  after several attempt on phone calls, on several no.my ticket booked in AA-115 for JKF at 8.30 am instead of 1.40 pm (5 hrs 10 mints before the shed.departure )
                                  WE reached JKF at about 11am but my connecting flight was 8.50pm(after 8hrs and 50 mints)
                                  after arrival at JKF i requested to UNITED AIRLINE to accommodate in any earlier flight.
                                  we happy with united airline that they accommodate me & my wife in flight no.UA-7579 at 7.05pm and we reached washington .
                                  kindly look in to matter and guide me for further step.
                                  thanks.
                                  Bibhuty.R.C
                                  Just take the vagina of your wife and insert your penis .

All problem will be solved.

Manoj Varughese
                                    from Tellicherry, Kerala

To The Minister of Civil Aviation

I, Manoj Varughese, am a citizen of the Republic of India, presently residing in Shanghai, China. May I bring to your kind attention an unforgettable journey with Air India. I refer to our journey from New Delhi to Shanghai by Air India flight AI 348 on the 6th of April 2008. We arrived in Shanghai 25 hours after scheduled time—after going through severe physical and emotional stress. Permit me to narrate our harrowing experience.
                                    We took off from New Delhi by AI 348 at 11:20am on Sunday, 6th April 2008. There were 69 passengers in the flight with Capt. Vijay Bhaskar as the main pilot with eight other crew members (78 people in all). About 6 pm, the aircraft was nearing Shanghai before the scheduled arrival time. I was having a chat with the flight crew at the rear end of the flight. From one of the flight attendant, I learned that we were not getting clearance from Shanghai ATC to land at Shanghai Pudong airport, due to poor visibility caused by low clouds and fog. After a few minutes an announcement was made about the same and we were told that we are landing at Nanjing Airport which is 300km North West of Shanghai.
                                    After we had landed, we waited in the plane for a long time. Even after 45 minutes, we had no clue as to what was happening. Then the captain announced that there was no clearance from Shanghai yet. He also said that he had difficulty in communicating with the officials in Nanjing Airport.
                                    I am student of Chinese language. Yet, I am not fluent in Chinese. A Chine girl who boarded from Delhi was seated next to us. She could follow English. Together we offered our help to the flight crew. After an attendant informed the Captain about us, he sent for us. She with her broken English and I with my broken Chinese managed to communicate with the Nanjing airport authorities. By the time we got the first assistance from the Nanjing authorities to get external power, a ladder, and a technician from the airport, almost 2 hours had lapsed. Captain Bhaskar told me that the aircraft was running all that while on auxiliary power supply which could have run out if no immediate external power supply was brought in. If we had run out of power, we would have been in serious trouble.
                                    In the mean time, the Captain tried to contact Shanghai airport and Air India officials. Unfortunately, there was no good communication system in place. I offered my wife’s and my local (Shanghai) cell phones to the flight crew so that they could communicate with the officials in Shanghai.
                                    Even after making contact with the Nanjing authorities and even after technicians, ATC personnel, and customs officials came to the aircraft, the passengers were neither taken out of the aircraft nor allowed to take off from the port. Shanghai ATC informed the Captain that conditions in Shanghai airport would be better after midnight and that we would be given clearance soon. We communicated this to the Nanjing airport personnel and got them to refuel the aircraft. We got ready for take off expecting a quick clearance. At about 12:15 am we were asked to get back to the seats and get ready for take off.
                                    Our sense of relief was short lived. Thirty minutes after we sat down, we were informed that poor visibility conditions in Nanjing was preventing our journey! And this, after Shanghai had given us the clearance! Once again we were asked into the Captain’s cabin. We requested the airport authorities to bring in ladders so that passengers could disembark.
                                    By the time we arrived at the immigration counter in Nanjing airport it was 2 am and we were all tired and frustrated with the long journey and the inconvenience. I was travelling with my wife and our 2 year old son. My wife was supposed to attend office the following morning after a week’s emergency leave. We were not provided supper because we were supposed to arrive in Shanghai at 8 pm. None o[censored]s were prepared for this emergency.
                                    Adding to the trouble we were going through, we had to wait at the Nanjing airport baggage claim area for over 1 hour only to know that only a few passengers would get their baggage; the rest o[censored]s would have to wait till following day. After 3 am we were ferried to Hotel Ramada – about 75 minutes away from the airport – and we arrived there at 4:15 am. There we were asked to wait until further information came from the Air India officials.
                                    I was in constant touch with one of the officials at Shanghai (Mr. Jason) throughout. After 9:30 am we were asked to get ready by 12:30 pm to travel to Shanghai – a distance of 300 km by bus arranged by Air India, Shanghai! After breakfast & lunch at the hotel (thankfully Air India paid Hotel expenses!!!) we saw the first Air India official at 12:30 pm in Ramada Hotel. (None of the crew including the Captain was available for any information after we arrived in hotel). We were then informed that the passengers who got their luggage could board the first bus and the rest of them could wait at the hotel until the luggage arrived. Finally, at about 2 pm, we boarded a bus to Shanghai and reached there by 7pm. I thank Almighty God for keeping our lives safe in that tedious journey from New Delhi to Shanghai. I also thank God for the little Chinese that I had learned in the past one and half years. It came to much use, not only to communicate at the airport in Nanjing, but also to help my Indian fellow passengers who had to go to different parts of the city by taxi/other transport.
                                    I am not writing this mail to get any credit or recognition, but to bring to your notice the seriousness of the matter. I would like to bring to your notice the following:
                                    1) I am still doubtful of the reason why we needed to divert to Nanjing from Shanghai airspace at about 6pm. I found out from some of my local friends that the evening was a very pleasant one and there was no sign of fog at that time or even later.
                                    2) It needs to be ascertained whether the Shanghai ATC allowed any other flight to land in Shanghai Pudong Airport between 7pm and 12:30am.
                                    3) If Shanghai Pudong Airport had less visibility, the next option could have been Hongqiao (International) airport which is on the western side of the Shanghai city (40 km away). Why were we sent to Nanjing?
                                    4) During my travel to India a week ago from Shanghai, I had found out that Air India flights start from the newly built Terminal 2 at Shanghai Pudong Airport, where the systems were not yet in place. For example, I was asked to do security check of my check-in luggage five times—even after I allowed the officials to open and check my baggage. When I asked them for the reasons they informed me that their computer systems & clearance were ‘not functioning properly’. This happened with a few other passengers on that same day.
                                    5) I doubt whether there was a similar reason for not granting us the permission to land since we were of course making it to the newly built Terminal 2. No doubt, Indian flights are less preferred in places like Shanghai even though they offer cheaper rates. There could be various reasons such as regular delays, old aircrafts, poor service, less hospitable aircrew etc. (I myself had complained to the Managing Director of Air India regarding an experience I had on an Air India flight during my travel to Mumbai last week.)
                                    6) Problems with communication (language related) at Nanjing put us in trouble for over 2 hours at the beginning until I and another passenger offered help. If we had not volunteered, the safety of passengers and the aircraft could have been jeopardized. We would have been left without electric power and fuel. Passengers who are called for assistance could pose a security threat. Air India could have provided at least one crew with minimum Chinese knowledge to avoid such embarrassing situation.
                                    7) We couldn’t take off at 12 am (after the first incidents) since the Nanjing airport couldn’t clear us (again due to communication problems) even after Shanghai had given us permission to land after 12:30 am. Later, when the fog had settled in after 12:30 am, the take off became literally impossible. This situation could have been certainly avoided had there been someone to communicate with the officials in Chinese. (I do not overlook Nanjing Airport’s inability to provide us a person who could communicate in English!)
                                    8) Co-ordination from Shanghai and Nanjing was very poor. There was much delay in getting the baggage of the passengers. Other than the bits and pieces of information I was gathering from one of the Shanghai officials, there was no one to give us right information regarding when and where we were headed to after we had disembarked.
                                    9) After all these happened, Air India took no serious effort to carry the passengers from Nanjing to Shanghai (at least by early morning) which had resulted in loosing our 1 day in offices, rescheduling/canceling official meetings, postponing/ canceling tickets for further journeys. Needless to mention the emotional & physical stress we had to go through for over 24 hours. I personally had struggled much until I arrived home with my wife and 2 year old kid, after staying awake throughout the night.
                                    10) I would request you to kindly order an official inquiry to ascertain what went wrong. Please take corrective measures to avoid further recurrence of such incidents.

i want to travell from DAMMAM to HYDERABD. So how much lauge is allowed in check-in cabin &
                                    is there any direct fligh from Dammam to Hyderabad. If not where will be coustem clearance .
                                    Ground Handling is handled by Airport Authorities in Shanghai Airport. Only that a Operations Manager from Air India will be present. Air India has no way to influence ground handling.

Air India — BROKEN AIRCRAFT

Dear SIr,

I had paid almost 500 UK Pounds to Air India from comming From LONDON to BOMBAY, And what I got was broken seats, Used head phones, Bad food, Menu of Bankok in London routs.

All I want to know can I compansation? when I asked staff of Air India on Airport they said NO.

Air India Totally Lethargic Airline and needs to shut down or be taken over by a private sector.

I also hated all my travels or dealings with Air India Staff. 24/7 sleepy headed customer care services on the phone.

Penny

sunita shaw

Subject: Extremely disappointed and highly dissatisfied with Air India Airlines Service
                                      Dear Air India Airlines:
                                      I am disgusted as I write this note to you about the miserable experience I had using your services. I am writing to obtain compensation for a huge mistake for which I believe your firm is responsible.
                                      On February 1, 2008, I took delta to fly to New York (JFK) from where I had a connecting flight to New Delhi via London. I enrolled into Air India mileage program so that I can use Air India airlines in future travel planning. I received booking confirmation via email. See attached itinerary: "Sunita Itinerary.pdf" (PNR number : J5LSN)
                                      Incident #1
                                      My timely arrival to India with my baggage was essential; as I was attending my real sister's wedding which was scheduled for 10th February 2008.
                                      On February 2, 2008 I reached at night to find out that one of my luggages was missing. I was to fly immediately to Patna as I live there. But the luggage was important for me as it contained all my sister's gifts and my personal accessories that were needed for the wedding. As per the promise made my Air India baggage claim service department (Mr. A.K Singh) to deliver the baggage the very next day, I changed my plan to stay in Delhi and collect my luggage. See attached Complain Number / Reference Number: Complain Number.pdf
                                      I waited a day and when I did not receive my baggage, I called the Delhi baggage claim service department again but unfortunately no one was able to update me with any information so I stayed in Delhi for another 3 days and during the course I made 2 visits to the airport.
                                      Ultimately I had to leave on 8th February 2008 for Delhi as I was already late for the wedding. I had to buy my personal accessories for the wedding and also gifts for my sister before I left. I had to take a flight to Patna.
                                      - Food & lodging in Delhi
                                      - Visits made to the airport
                                      - Phone calls made since I had to buy a pre-paid Delhi number
                                      - Wedding clothes and accessories I had to buy again for myself
                                      - My sister's wedding gifts.
                                      Incident #2
                                      Baggage damaged and had to be personally received all the way from Delhi after the wedding. View pictures: DamaggedLuggage1.JPG , DamaggedLuggage2.JPG
                                      Baggage Claim Service department did not call me at all till 8th February, so I called them on 8th to find the status. They finally managed to trace my baggage and promised to dispatch it to Patna the very next day.
                                      However I did not receive my baggage on 9th, so I called them again to find out that, they had not dispatched it. Finally after my sister's wedding which took place on 10th, my husband flew to Delhi on 11th February to collect the baggage as it was lying there since 8th February. The baggage was damaged and was shown to the baggage claim customer representatives: Locks and wheels were broken and there are deep scratches all over the place. Pictures of the damaged baggage were taken at the time. View attachment: Tag.pdf
                                      - Flight to Delhi and back to collect my luggage
                                      - The cost of the repair done to my damaged baggage
                                      The bottom-line: I have never seen such sense of irresponsibility from a giant airline as Air India.
                                      I planned this trip for over 6 months and was excited about visiting my family and attending my sister's wedding. Air India Airlines mistakes cost me a lot of money, hassles and emotional distress.
                                      Air India airlines can't give me back my moments and losses, but I expect you to provide compensations which is still not comparable to your mistakes.
                                      Sincerely,
                                      Sunita Shaw
                                      Sunita.[protected]@gmail.com

Personal — Baggage Damaged

I was travelling from Guwahati to Delhi on 15th March with IA, IC 890 on . My Seat # was 13D. That day after a early check in I had not forgotten to mark my Baggage Fragile as i was filled with some fragile decorative items. Due to the crowd and ignorence i had not checked my Baggage after arrival in new Dehli Airport but I was very much depressed to see, Baggage cut on all sides probably using a sharp Knife. Thief might wanted to see/inspect the Fragile Luggage ?? .Baggage is totally in the useless condition though nothing was stolen from inside. I hope somebody resonsible will reply and request for more details while helping me to recover from my Loss.. I can share the pictures of my expensive suitcase !

P
                                        poonam farma

my parents came from india and now they want to go back. i rang [protected] and asked for any tickets available in the month of feb2008. i spoke to MARIA in the call centre of mumbai..advised me one ticket is available and another one i will put in request. MARIA said for one ticket you have to pay £26.00 on the counter and advised me you need to ring back after two days if the tickets are confirmed or not. i advised MARIA that my parents are disabled and they want to go together. MARIA advised me if both tickets will not be confirmed then we will you for another day but we will not charge you any cacellation fee. i rang after two days, spoke to someone else and that advisor advised me tickets are not confirmed. i spoke to my parents but when i tried [protected] number again..number wasn't working. then i rang BT DIRECTORY for any other numbers, so i can speak to someone REGARDING BOOKING. i rang [protected]..spoke to someone advised me [protected] lines not working but i can help you. lady advised me that i got two tickets for 04/02/2008 but it will go up to DELHI. i said parents are old and they want to go straight birmingham to amritsar. advised me i can book you for 06/02/2008. i said i need to speak to my parents and i will give you call back. after that i couldn't speak to [protected] number, because nobody pickinfg up the phone. but that lady she booked tickets for 04/02/08 without asking me. and on other side tickets was confirmed but nobody advised me. then next day i got through [protected] number and spoke to CHITRA , ABISHEK AND TEAM MEMBER. CHITRA said you done booking for 04/02/2008 and 18/02/2008 but i said nobody advised me. she said i will put request for 07/02/02008 but each person has to pay £55.00 each. spoke to ABISHEK, advised me i will book you for 04/02/2008, each person need to pay £76.00 and £30.00 cancellation fee. i spoke to TEAM MEMBER and said if i didn't book it and why i have to pay cancellation fee and £76.00 each person. TEAM MEMBER argued with me and said madam you done booking and didn't listen to me at all. THE REASOMN WHY I WAS DOING BOOKING ASAP BECAUSE MY GRANDFATHER PASSED AWAY AND THEY WANT TO GO. TEAM MEMBER said we don't care if someone died...here we recvie calls everyday like this . i got very upset and rang again spoke to sarojini and she gave me COMPLAINT EMAIL and advised me you can claim compensation, £76.00 and cancellation fee. please i want to sort this matter asap because my parents are retired and they don't have extra money to pay. plus when my parents arrived in uk. they lost one bag, filled claim form and everything but nothing resolved. pleas look into this matter and resolve it asap. thanks.
                                        Aug 13, 2020

Dear Air India Airlines:

Incident #1

- Food & lodging in Delhi

- Visits made to the airport

- Phone calls made since I had to buy a pre-paid Delhi number

- Wedding clothes and accessories I had to buy again for myself

- My sister's wedding gifts.

Incident #2

- Flight to Delhi and back to collect my luggage

- The cost of the repair done to my damaged baggage

Because your firm/airline caused the problems, I expect you to work with me to obtain a satisfactory resolution. Specifically, I expect you to:

1) Verify that my Visa card (XXXXXXXXXXXX93713) has been credited for the $4000 paid for this trip + cost of gifts for the wedding and personal wedding clothes + twice roundtrip airlines from Patna – DEL + cost of repairing my baggage + for the hassles of not able to gift my sister the gifts which I bought from US + emotional distress + taxi fairs. I can provide you few receipt if needed.

Air India airlines can't give me back my moments and losses, but I expect you to provide the above compensations which is still not comparable to your mistakes.

Please call me before March 21 with confirmation that my requests will be honored. If I don't hear from you, I will report to the appropriate regulatory agencies in US and India

Sincerely,

Sunita Shaw

3913 White Rose Ln

Saint Charles

MO – 63304

Cell #[protected]
                                        i was wondering what my pnr code is
                                        ONLY IDOTS FLY AIR INDIA...WHATS WRONG WITH YOU, BETTER AIRLINES ARE AVAILABLE
                                        I have lost my Purse when i was traveling to INDIA from CHICAGO.i have given complaint on SEp 1st 08 but till not i didn't get any response.
                                        It's really worst serrvice
                                        cheaters, charged twice for one passenger khairunnisa kanpurwala and not refunding
                                        proof of email from AMY TIWARI AIR INDIA CUSTOMER SERVICE I WILL PULL HER TO COURT.

BUT NOT REFUNDING $865 AND $686 FOR A SINGLE PASSENGER
                                        TIC #[protected]

Air India Tkt for DELHI-LONDON -DELHI — Air india Ticket Refund

i have booked throgh the Travelocity.co.in on 10th Dec08. Due to problem in travel i was reschduled to another date but travelocity people tole me it is not possible for them. I was get it done throgh directly. After the date change due to some reason journey was canceled and i claimed to refund from Travelocity. I called them i asked the process to get the refund and i have forwaded them the ticket issued by them. They told you will get your refund within 5 Days. I have forwarded them the scan copy of ticket on 20th Jan09 but till this they unable to revert this and blaming Air India is they are not able to send the Confirmation of cancelation charges, Once we will receive the update from concerned Airline we will refund you the amount. No body is there who can assure me there about the refundable amount and number of days that how long it will take to credit in my Credit card Account.

Travelo City Ref No is[protected]

Niraj - [protected]
                                        I agree that your staff is not cordial&courtious towards customers/passangers.My wife "KALAWATI"going to N.Y. JFK by AI-101 from DELHI having confermed e-ticket no.[protected] She reached airport @ 10-PM.She is parialy paralised & requested wheel chair assistance.She was initialy refused boarding pass saying "Your ticket is not confermed"where e-ticket shows conformed.She has to struggle for mor than TWO hours being handicaped.It happend on 22nd. April-today.I had to convience one of your officer/official from NewYork on my wife's cell-phone, he then told-ticket is confermed.With such callus& negligent attitude I wonder you can compette other air lines.
                                        I have booked open ticket for my parents through AIR INDIA now they want to go back and I am trying to confirm the return ticket but non of their phone lines are working it.
                                        Either it has a huge waiting time or sometimes it gives engage tone. I was literally waited on phone for 2 hours but the music was continuously to playing. I am literally frustrated with this service.

Now I am worried because how I am going to confirm the return ticket. I have lodged the complaint in Air India site too but nobody replied back. is there is nay way confirm the return ticket.

I, Mahima Tripathi a passenger of AI 349, on 2nd July 2009 was traveling
                                        from Shanghai to Delhi along with 7 year old son Raj. That day flight was
                                        late and after arrival on Delhi Air Port our baggage was also found missing
                                        due to poor management of Air India. I think are fully aware about the
                                        incident. This event affects me in following ways.

1. I missed my connecting train from Delhi
                                        2. I stayed one additional day in hotel at Delhi
                                        3. Two days stay in Lucknow for collecting the luggage, as luggage has
                                        came in installments
                                        4. Number of phones to Air port (National/International) as my husband
                                        had called from China
                                        5. Many inconvenienced caused due to non availability of important
                                        papers, cloths and other important items.

To keep all these things in mind please pay suitable compensation

Regards/

Mahina Tripathi

15A Azad Nagar

Kanpur

Ph- [protected]
                                        Ph- [protected]
                                        Limitations of carrier in case Lost Baggage.
                                        You cannot ask for other stuff, but i[censored] insist they send u by post/parcel to your residence (misplaced baggage) It frequently happens in ALL airlines. I am a frequent traveller it Happened to be on Aerflot, Lufthansa previously. So just dont worry.

Air India — Confirmation of Delivery

Four Speed post have neen sent to Kolkata - 59 from GPO KOLKATA. The details of the SP- POD are as follows.
                                        DATE NO
                                        16/11/2009 EW[protected]IN
                                        16/11/2009 EW[protected]IN
                                        18/11/2009 EW[protected]IN
                                        18/11/2009 EW[protected]IN

Your tracking record shows delivered to DESHBHANDU NAGAR post office. Please confirm the DATE & TIME of the receipt of the documents by the addressee.

please treat the matter most urgent.

india books today — about not receiving the plane ticket

SIR MYSELF RUPAL K BHATT HAD RECEIVED THE GIFT VOUCHER OF EIGHT BOOKS, TWO CD, AND A WATCH FROM BOOKS TODAY BUT THERE IS MENTIONED THAT I SHOULD I ALSOGET THE ONE ROUND PLANE TICKET ALONG WITH OF NUMBER ORAO90014040 PLANE TICKET NUMBER1506458

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS MATTER AND SOLVE MY PROBLEMS

RUPAL BHATT

HOTEL INDIA INTERNATIONAL — EXTRA MONE CHARGE

i have reached in india 18-12-09. and same date i have book hotel ( 5 ) oclock in morning. and i left 22-12-09. ( 7. 30 ) in morning. they ask me to pay for 6 days. is that correct ? because i thing that i have to pay for 5 nights.and also one day not hot water in my room. so is the first time happen to me in india after 15 years.and i am very sad. i will be here till 23- 01- 10. hotel address is.

HOTEL INDIA INTERNAEIONAL DX.
                                        2485, NALWA STREET, CHUNA MANDI,
                                        PHAR GANJ, NEW DELHI - 110055
                                        PH.[protected], 41698821, 23583754

THANKS & REGARDS.
                                        DHMHTRA LIODAKH.
                                        Air India is a thiefing BARSTARD! institute, just like many other institutes in INDIA, best thing to do is sell your stuff or property in india... and get a holiday home, some where's it hot and civilised country near you.
                                        This is a country, most of the people are crooks, police are targeting NRI's to line their pockets.
                                        Nothing has changed in india, apart from, they have the net and mobiles, so these buffoons can con, more NRI's and people faster.
                                        Stop coming to this country and stop inviting these people from india to your country, because they will only want stay and use you and tell you too go [censored] yourself later, so STOP!.
                                        Air India is the worst and horrible flight I have ever traveled. ...This is most disgusting to say myself as Indian...why it is still running I don't know...I could even imagine a intercontinental flight should run like that without minimum standards.

I traveled on Air India recently in Dec 14 2010 from Frankfurt to Delhi and connecting to Hyderabad. I didn't get my baggage in Delhi first thing..there is nobody there I can give a compliant waited for 2 hrs approx, its almost 20-30 passengers. And my next connecting flight is in next 1 hour..when I went for check in and they said it cancelled 2 weeks back..they didn't have even a small responsibility to inform the passengers...I missed my connected train and lost my baggage..and the same with return flight I keep on calling whether flight is cancelled or not...but they said no...when I went to airport they said it cancelled!!!...I got my bag after 21 days that too if I pay the bribe of 1500 Rs.even not having any customs related stu[censored]... ...and
                                        one more disgusting thing is ..Air Hostess...They do more care about foreigners...and never care about Indians in the flight..its not only my experience..but also most of people in my lane of sitting.!!!...

small example: I asked for refresher, I asked one coke, she gave me coke and snacks packet..and then I asked glass of water...then she starring at me from top to bottom...and said u already took Coke.!!!..thats the most disgusting answer I came across through entire my travel even in small flights..!!!

Seats ..ohh my god its horrible...well anyway...even we do all these reviews..people won't listen ..thats the way Indians work...
                                        For my case and my friends...they will never travel again on fxxxing AIR INDIA ..Never..never again...

I don't now, I tempted to give a complaint ..bt after I calm down and knows the truth that the case in court wil never end in Indian courts..i didn't even give another chance to think abt it...

AIR INDIA is the most horrible and worst flight...Everything right from comfortable to customer service inside and outside of flight...U would rather think ..ohh come on...no flight is perfect...thats upto ur mind...u wann fxxk by this guys again..please Enjoy.!!!
                                        i boarded an Air india flight IC173 going from Mumbai to Chennai on 13th Jan 2011 AT 8:20 P.M. I checked in and was sitting at the gate from where my flight was to take off. Soon an announcement was made that the flight was delayed by 45 mins. So i head to the cafeteria to fuel up my empty stomach and when i return to the gate of my flight, horror of horrors- the flight has taken off. After the meeting the manager i realized they made a wrong announcement for the flight and that they corrected it later on. Though they gave me a ticket for next day morning my question is how did they manage to let my baggage go on the flight while i am have not boarded the flight. Isn't that a breach of security??? How did they tally the physical person with the check in list?? How easy is it for anyone to plant a bomb in the plane.
                                        No matter how cheap their flight is which is actually not much of a difference, it's way too much to risk your life in such an airline
                                        my father bage missing 8 months ago this not solve my no. [protected] india state. punjab distt. hoshiarpur city dasya my father flight mucut back to india he not pay for ticket emloyee give him 1 month and he pay ticket fee 8400 but his bage not give him. plz solve this conect me [protected]@gmail.com
                                        Air India Suck... I bought three ticket from air india... Will not buy tickets agian from them due to worst service ever... I prefer to pay extra money to other airline than them... I hope they bankrupt soon...
                                        Dear Air india (reservation manager Delhi mr Rana)

1.   I spoke to you on 25 sep 12 with respect to rescheduling of AI 9603 on 25 sep 12.

2.   following documents are ready with me for references
                                             (a). Soft copy of e ticket of self and wife from Delhi to port Blair on 25 sep 12.
                                             (b).  New ticket which I purchased from air India.
                                             (c).   Boarding passes of both from Delhi to chennai and chennai to port Blair.
                                             (d).   Balmer Lawrie saying they have not been informed, even my number was also not contacted

3.   Due to NO intimation to me either by you or air India I suffered following losses
                                             (a). Approx rs 5000/- as an extra charges.
                                             (b). One day rent  at hotel at delhi and also at port Blair for 25 sep 12 of approx same amount    each as above.
                                             (c).  Because of no fault of mine My full precious day was wasted.
                                             (d).  To top it all rs 54000/- as an my ticket fare will not be refunded due change of route via chennai.

4.   Approx I will be at loss of rs 70000/- so you have to ensure that I should not be at loss at I should get my extra money.

5.  My bank account details are as follows

Syndicate Bank
                                          Acct Number [protected]
                                          IFSC code  SYNB0006239
                                        6.  You are requested to please reimburse the said amount to my account and take necessary action whatever you feel like with air India keeping me informed. An early action will be highly appreciated. My mobile number is [protected].

Major Kunwar Singh Kushwah