[Resolved]  Aakash Packing Relocation India — Recklessness in Bike transport

I am Sunil Kumar, We had sent 4 bikes from Bangalore ot Chandigarh on July 6th 2008
via Aakash Packing It was suppose to reach By 18th July 2008, Not only did it reach one day late
but was sevearly damaged !!!

The Transport company (Kishor and Anil Seth) promised to reimburse the damage but are refusing to answer to my e-mails or phone calls. they are only point to other numbers & peoples

I want to know why this happened & how you guys plan to fix it?
What they will do to avoid the recklessness in feature Bike transport? Who si going to pay for my damages?

email sent to them for which there was no response !!:

You guys Broke My bike while shipping it from Bangalore to Chandigarh.
Not only did it arrive a day late, causing us panic & search for it
on the high way, all over Chandigarh
but it was BADLY damaged.

We shipped 4 bikes, 3 comets (Imported from South Korea by Kinetic)
1 pulser 200
The damaged bikes are as in the picture below:
My bikes Tank, Rear flaring, Front Mud guard, HID & front Rim is damaged.
Our bike parts are available in this URL:

I want to know What Happened during shipment?
What you are doing so that this does not happen to anyone else?
How you plan to compensate us?

Each bike cost us around 6K INR for shipment,
If I had sent it by train it would have been much cheaper around 1.8K INR
and reached with some scratches may be not broken like this, in 3
days as apposed to 10+ days.

I have been talking to Kishor Who asked me to Talk to Arjun Singh
who is never around & hardly lifts his phone.

I used to maintain my bike like this:

I don't even spare my kid who is 2 years old if he scratches my bike
& you guys have totaled it.
What do you have to say? How do you plan to fix this?
the bike pictures are here:

Comments

I am one of the owners of the four vehicles sent to Chandigarh in July along with Mr Sunil Kumar. I totally agree and confirm this incident. These packers and movers were totally irresponsible, they didn't even have the courtesy to reply properly to our phone calls after what happened. We have incurred so much of loss on the bikes because of mishandling the bikes during transport.
I seriously urge authorities to take action against "Aakash Packers and Movers".

Sumit.

Aakash Packers& Movers — Not paying the Amount

Dear Sir;
I send my Bike Bajaj CT 100 on 31st August 2008 with Charged amount Rs 4300.00.After 2 months it was not delivered to Bhubaneswar, Then after a long follow up then physically i went to Aakash House, Bhagatsing Marg, Shalimar Bagh(Village), New Delhi -110088.My was handed over to me.Sunil (Heading the Packer) told me me that he will give me Rs2200/- as a refund amount.But till date money was not given to me me with multiple visit.He chaeted a lot.

Sunil Contact Number:[protected], [protected], [protected]
His Assistant Alit Mishra knows this also:[protected]
Aakash Packing & Shipping Co. Complaints - Charging Premium but not insuring goods for all risk

I had transported my household goods from Pune to Sitapur (UP) against BL No. 001788 dated 21.08.07 from through

M/S Aakash Packing & Shipping Co.
(Moving Emotions World-wide Door to Door)...All India Network Details...15 Offices All Over India...

and got the goods insured for damages during transit, etc. and also paid premium @ 3% of the value of the insured items- Rs. 132150/=
The following items were broken in transit:
1) The glass of book self was broken in pieces.
2) The handle of two sofa side chairs cracked/ broken.
3) The back rest of the wooden/ dining chair broken.
5) One self of the steel utensil stand broken.
6) Five show pieces broken.
7) Plastic tub and a plastic cello box broken.
8) Dent on the refrigerator.
I had to incur an expenditure of Rs. 3525/= for repairs / replacement of the above items. After several requests the transporter and packer- Aakash Packing & Shipping Co. forwarded the photocopy of the policy. I lodged the claim for breakage of the above items with the United Insurance Company Ltd. Lucknow on the strength of the photocopy of the insurance policy sent by Aakash Packing & Shipping Co. and were advised by them (vide their letter No. 080100/SDM/252/2007 dated 17.10.07 ) that the insurance policy in question covers only basis risk cover and does not cover any damage due to breakage during road transit of the insured items though I had paid premium @ 3% of the value of the insured items and applicable service tax for issuing All risk Policy for goods under transit.
The company though had taken full premium in cash from me for All risk Policy for goods under transit but it did not obtain the requisite policy and covered the goods under its own master policy which did not cover the risks for which it had charged premium from me. As already advised, for which I had paid full premium to your company but it had misappropriated the same. In view of the above I request Aakash Packing & Shipping Co. to please refund the premium charged from me. Alternatively, it may reimburse me the cost of repairs/replacement of the goods transported through
Aakash Packing & Shipping Co.
and broken in transit.

However despite assurances, oral and in writing, the company neither refunded the premium charged to me nor compensate me for the breakage in transit.I also reproduce the email sent by Aakash Packing & Shipping Co assuring that they would credit Rs. 2000 in my bank a/c for the lapse but nothing has been done till date.
A.K.Kapoor

From: Aakash Packing & Shipping Co <[protected]@yahoo.com>
To: [protected]@yahoo.co.in
Sent: Tue, 18 December, 2007 12:45:17 PM
Subject: Your Claim

Everything is clear from our side we apologies for the delay the payment will be transfered in your account by 22.12.07 Positively.
thanks,
Customer care.

Aakash Packing & Shipping Co.
Mumbai 28525091, Pune 25824121, Hyd 65219991, Bnglor 41699364, Chennai 32522245, Lucknow 2434096, Kolkata 30600654, Bhopal [protected], Ahm 27486960, Delhi 65170351, Jaipur 3234152, Chandigarh [protected], Dehradoon 3201830, Kochi [protected].
Visit us at: www.relocationindia.com