[Resolved]  Allied Movers & Packers (P) Ltd. — Damage to household goods & denial of damages/repair by party

Dear Sir/Madam, my household goods were packed & loaded on 31.05.09 to be transported by said company (Allied Movers & Packers (P) Ltd., Bangalore, contact nos. +91 [protected], +91 [protected], +91 [protected]) from Mysore to Baroda. The goods were received by me in absolutely bad condition. Many of the goods were found badly damaged. Glass & crockery articles were found completely broken. Computer table, kitchen ware & other articles were also found damaged. Few things are beyond repair. Initially, when an advance amount of Rs. 1000 /- was paid to Mr. Rakesh Sharma in Mysore, it was decided that the company will bear the insurance premium. Since last one month, I have been calling Mr. Rakesh Sharma & Mr. Mahendra Sharma more frequently. They verbally promised several times that they would arrange for repair of damages & that they would send a local person (local office bearer, i.e., transporter). Now they are saying that there is no insurance & that there is no question of paying damages or repair. Only my goods were loaded at Mysore in the vehicle. But in between, they shifted the goods to another common vehicle to be dispatched to Baroda. That was evident as one box of some other party came to me by mistake. Thay also know that. Now they are not even taking my calls. In between thay had promised me that they would instead deposit amount in my account as damages. I am in huge loss. Please help. I believe in this forum & respect it. Many thanks, Hemant Udawant, Baroda (+91 [protected]).

Complaint categoryCategory: Other