[Resolved]  ARK Enterprises — AC and Cooler Security Deposit Refund

I had taken an AC and Air Cooler on rent from Mr. Syed Azeem Ahmed Ansari, ARK Enterprises, #8-4-544/74/4, Sultan Nagar, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad -500018, ph. [protected]. I had paid a security deposit of Rs. 3000 for cooler and Rs. 10000 for AC. I had also paid an advance rent of 1 month (Rs. 200) for cooler and the rent for AC was to be paid (Rs. 500/per month). The agreement was that the AC and cooler can be returned at any time with 1 week's notice and that for the AC a minimum of 2 months rent will be charged.
I had taken both the items from them in May and informed Mr. Ahmed on 25th May that I wish to return the items and get my security deposit back. Since then, he has been running from me. He had made several commitments for dates on which he will take the two back and return the security deposit. He made verbal as well as written commitments for this but has not kept up to any commitments. The AC and cooler are not even worth half the paid amount and hence I cannot even think of keeping these against the security deposit.

On several occassions when I called him up for the refund he even used bad abusive language and is not paying my deposit back.

Who should I approach with this complaint of fraud and harrassment?
Unfortunately they never got back and never cared about their online reputation! I had to pursuade them personally to get it resolved.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other