[Resolved]  Australian national lottery — Need to know if this is true or is it a scam

I received a letter stating the following. would want to know if this is true. pls let me know this

Dear winner,

We deeply congratulate you once again for winning the Australian Lottery.All participants in this lottery program were selected randomly through a computer ballot system, drawn from 85.000.000 individual email addresses from all registerd e-mail address.Your e-mail address was picked by the automated computer ballot system, which was programed for this random selection.

This random selection has eventually qualified you for this years Annual Australian lottery Winning.This promotional programme takes place annually,and is being promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities like, Sultan of Brunei, Bill Gates of Microsoft Inc,Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd.With the support of other European corporate companies and organizations to encourage the use of Internet and computers systems
worldwide.

Attached to these email is a winners application form which you are requried to fill and return back to us by scanning with a copy of your government issued identity,to enable us identify you as the real winner and commence with the processing of your winning prize fund.also atteched is my ID card for your reference.Should you have any information please contact me at the Australian Lottery Customer Claims Center. TEL +234 [protected]

Best Regards
Dr Fredrick Peters
Claim Agent Australian lottery center.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Comments

I have also received the same e mail from DR FREDRICK PETERS. is this true? If not please recommend necessary action to stop this fraud.
dear sir
i have won this lottery
this lottery right or rong plese reply immediately

Batch: [protected]/189
Winning no: GB8101/LPRC

CONGRATULATION!!!

Dear Winner,

We are delighted to inform you of your prize which was
released on the 24th of march, 2008.From the
Australian
International Lottery pro gramme, which is fully based
on an electronic selection of winners using their
e-mail addresses from some sites. Your email address
was attached to ticket number; 47001725 [protected]
and serial number [protected]. This batch draws the
lucky numbers as follows[protected] and bonus
number 17, which consequently won the lottery in the
second category.

You hereby have been approved a lump sum pay of
US$1, 000, 000.00 (ONE MILLION DOLLARS) in cash
credit file ref: ILP/HW 47509/09 from the total cash
prize shared amongst eight lucky winners in this
category. All participants were selected through a
computer balloting system drawn form Nine hundred
00thousand E-mail addresses from Canada,
Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East,
Africa and Oceania as part of our international
promotion program which is conducted annually. This
Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomorate
of some multinational companies as part of their
social responsibility to the citizens in the
communities where they have an operational base.

Furthermore, your details(e-mail address) falls within
our European representative office in Amsterdam,
Holland
as indicated in your play coupon and your
prize o[censored]S$1, 000, 000.00 will be released to you from
this regional branch office in LONDON. We hope that
with part of your prize, you will participate in our
end of year high stakes for US$1.3 Billion
international draw.To file for your claim, please
contact our claims department through the claims
agent:

Name: Mr.David Williams.
Tell: [protected]
E-mail:[protected]@yahoo.com or
[protected]@yahoo.com or
[protected]@hotmail.com

Please quote your reference, batch and winning number
which can be found on the top left corner of this
notification as well as your full name, address and
telephone number to help locate your file easily.For
security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this
information confidential from the public until your
claim is processed and your prize released to you.This
is part of our security protocol to avoid double
claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this
pro gramme by non-participants or unofficial
personnel.Note: all winnings MUST be claimed by the
31st April, 2008; otherwise all funds will be
returned
as Unclaimed and eventually donated to charity
organizations.

ANYBODY UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS
AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
YOURS SINCERELY,
Mr.James Ross
Australian Lottery International (co-coordinator)
Everything of such kind is a fraud
From:the desk of the vice president international promotions/prize awards department australian international sweepstake lottery coporation
Date:02/04/2008
Winning:kb8701/lprc
Batch number:[protected]/188

Winning numbers[protected]

Award notification: final notice
Attn: winner,
We are pleased to inform you of the lottery result winners of australian international lottery programmes held on the 30th march 2008 from the australian international lottery programme. Which is fully based on an electronic selection of winners using their e-mail addresses. Your name was attached to ticket number;[protected] serial number [protected]. This batch draws the lucky numbers as follows[protected] bonus number 14, which consequently won the lottery in the second category. You are here by have been approved a lump sum pay o[censored]s$500, 000.00 (Five hundred thousand dollars) in cash credit file ref: ilp/hw 46704/03 from the total cash prize shared amongst eight lucky winners in this category.

Due to mix up of some numbers and names, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money remitted to your nominated bank. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claims and unwarranted abuse of this programme by some participants. All participants where selected through a computer/mail balloting system drawn from nine hundred thousand e-mail addresses from canada, australia, united states, asia, europe, middle east, africa and oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually. This lottery was promoted andsponsored by a conglomorate of some multinational companies and also the australian government as part of their social responsibility to the citizens in the commmunities where they have operational base. Further more your details (E-mail address) falls within our european representative office in amsterdam, holland, as indicated inyour play coupon and your prize o[censored]s$500, 000.00 will be released to you from our regional branch office in london. We hope with part of your prize, you will participate in our end of year high stakes for us$2.3 million international draw.

How to claim your prize: simply contact our claims agent,
Rev john miltton
Email:[protected]@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: [protected]

To file for your claim. Please quote your date of draw, reference number, batch number and winning number, which can be found on the top-left corner of this message. Also, you should give in your telephone number to help locate your file easily. For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize has been releasedb to you and also to the public. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by non-participant or unofficial personnel.

Note: all winnings must be claimed before the 4th may 2008, otherwise all funds will be forfited. Congratulations once
Again on your winning!

Best regards
Rose adams (Mrs)
(Lottery coordinator)

Please do not reply to this email. Contact your claims agent
At: [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

Any breach of confidentiality on the part of winners will
Result to disqualification
I have also recd. such E-mail from Australian Lottery Programme as on 6th of march 08 that I have won $ 450, 000.00 Further, they have demand from me $ 565.00 as a Notarization& Stamp duty fees. I had request to them please deduct this amount from my wining funds with them but they did not agree to do so. Therefore, I have got dout on them and go to on the GOOGLE SERCH for their authentication and surprised to see that there are ALREADY hundred of complants lodges against them. THANKS to Google he save me from such type of fraud.
this is truly a fraud mail...
dont reply to this mail
i have recieved a mail like this, i want to confirm wheather it is true.

I have received the following email. I will be thankful to you if you can let me know if it is really true or just a joke. If it is a scam, please let me know what legal action can I take to stop such things from making rounds.

YOU ARE A WINNER OF $1 MILLION US DOLLARS
Batch: [protected]/189
Winning no: GB8101/LPRC

Dear Winner,

We are delighted to inform you of your prize which was released today being 13th April 2008, from the Australian International Lottery program, which is fully based on an electronic selection of winners using their e-mail address from some sites. Your email address was attached to ticket number;[protected] and serial number [protected]. This batch draws the lucky numbers as follows[protected] and bonus number 17, which consequently won the lottery in the second category.

You hereby have been approved a lump sum pay o[censored]SD$1, 000, 000.00 (ONE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY) in cash credit file ref: ILP/HW47509/09 from the total cash prize shared amongst eight lucky winners in this category. All participants were selected through a computer balloting system drawn from Nine hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotion program which is conducted annually. This Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomerate of some multinational companies as part of their social responsibility to the citizens in the communities where they have an operational base.

Furthermore, your details (e-mail address) fall within our European representative office in Amsterdam, Holland as indicated in your play coupon and your prize o[censored]SD$1, 000, 000.00 will be released to you from this regional office in NIGERIA. We hope that with part of your prize, you will participate in our end of year high stakes for US$1.5 Billion international draw. To file for your claim, please contact our director of finance.

Name: Rev. Fr. Denis Wilfred.
Email: [protected]@yahoo.co.uk or [protected]@rediffmail.com
Tel: +[protected]

Please quote your reference, batch and winning number which can be found on the top left corner of this notification as well as your full name, address and telephone number to help locate your file easily. For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this program by non-participants or unofficial personnel. Note: all winnings MUST be claimed before the 13th May 2008; otherwise all funds will be returned as Unclaimed and eventually donated to charity organizations.

Yours Faithfully,

Mrs. Rosemary Quiles.
Coordinator,
Australian Lottery Inc.
I do agree with all of them who have undergone the pain. I have been receiving e-mails from many a fraud lottery companies, but till date, I haven't responded to anyone of them. Anyways, once I have gone through the entire content of this website, it has made my doubts to become a stronger belief, and I wish that everyone who has received this e-mail, should take action against these pranksters.

Its hightime now, and the cybercrime should take some evasive action against these who are sending these types of e-mails(don't know what fun do they derive by making fun of others sentiments?)
Remember, nothing is free. Dont wait to get lucky (for free???)... do something to get that money. Never believe in lottries.
i actually dont believe but still doughtful..i wish it would be true and if it is so plz...do inform me and even if it is not ...plzzzz...do inform me...
people its all fake dont believe it
is that true can i take it how can i enter my own details
yes man i got similar mai from australia lottery. They also send me a wining certificate and told me to keep it urself. I dont know how much it is true. So please suggest me.
Even i ve received the same email.please advaise me how much true is it.
sir i have own the ticket of $ 1million o[censored]s doollar can u tellmi is it true can i apply itfor this ticket
Winning Number:[protected]
Batch Number :[protected]/188 cash credit file
Ref Number: ILP/HW 46704/08.
Date Of Draw : 1st June 2008
Dear Lottery Winner,
We are pleased to inform you about the Lottery Draw held on the? held on the 1st June 2008 from the Australian National Lottery programme.

This is to inform You that your e-mail has been emerged as a winner For further information and claim, contact your claims agent (Mr.Woodgate Allan) for the release of your $400, 000 USD with the below email address and quote these numbers.
==========================================

TELEPHONE NO: +[protected]

Best Regards.
Ms. Linna Martins
(Information Minister)
I always receive e-mail of this type. It all seems to be fraud. Had I received the promised amount all the time, I would have become Mr Laxami Mittal.
AUSTRALIAN LOTTERY AWARDS

FROM: THE DESK OF THE VICE PRESIDENT INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARDS DEPARTMENT AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES LOTTERY INC.

The entire Australian National lottery organization feel delighted to
inform you of your e-mail lottery prize win released on the 7th June
2008. We feel obliged to let you know that this organization has been a
lottery organization since its establishment in 1974.

AWARD NOTIFICATION: FINAL NOTICE

Date of draw: 12/03/2008
Current date:07/06/2008
Date of release:07/06/2008
Ref: ILP/HW 47509/008
Batch: [protected]/188
Lotto type : MegaMillion
Official comment:Winners By Yahoo Email(Free Lottery)
Winning no:[protected]/48

This is fully based on an electronic selection of winners using their
e-mail addresses.Your name was attached to ticket number[protected]
serial number [protected].This batch draws the lucky numbers as
follows:[protected] bonus number 48, which consequently won the
lottery in the second category.

You hereby have been approved a prize o[censored]S$1, 000, 000.00
(ONE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS) in cash credit file ref:
ILP/HW47509/008 from the total cash prize shared amongst eight lucky
winners in this category.

All participants were selected through a computer balloting system
drawn from One hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia,
United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa as part of our
international promotions program which is conducted annually.

This Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomerate of some
multinational companies in Australia as part of their social
responsibility to the citizens in the communities where they have
operational base.This is part of the organizations' bid to show
gratitude to the global society for their patronage since the last 33
years of existence.

Further more your details(e-mail address) falls within our European
representative office in Amsterdam, Holland, as indicated in your play coupon and your prize o[censored]S$1, 000, 000.00USD ONLY will be released to you from our Australian regional branch bureau in Nigeria, Australian Embassy government quarter.HELP US EXPAND AUSTRALIAN LOTTERY GLOBALLY!

We hope with part of your prize, you will participate in our end of the
year high stakes for US$4.3 Billion international draws.

FOR THE ROUTINE CLAIM OF YOUR PRIZE SIMPLY CONTACT OUR OVERSEA AGENT:Dr. Scott Wilson: [protected]@yahoo.com

NOTE:
1.KEEP CONFIDENTIAL FOR SECURITY REASONS.
2.DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS, CONTACT YOUR REGIONAL CLAIMS MANAGEMENT.
3.WE HAVE TAKEN THESE MEASURES TO PROTECT YOU FROM SHAMELESS LOTTERY
FRAUD ARTISTS WITHOUT OFFICIAL WEBSITES AND TO ENSURE THAT YOUR LOTTERY
PRIZE IS PAID TO YOU FULLY, SMOOTHLY AND INSTANTLY.
4.PRIZES ARE FIXED DEPOSITED WITHOUT DEDUCTION AND ARE RECEIVED IN UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY.PRIZES ARE PAYABLE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

To file for your claim, fill this confirmation form carefully and send
to your regional claims office: [protected]@yahoo.com

FIRST NAME:

Judith Adams(Western Australia), coordinator
Rod R. Blagojevich, Oversea Director
Carolyn Wright, Superintendent
Brian Lamer, Coordinator(Member)
John White, Oversea Coordinator.

7, 000, 000 REASONS TO BE THANKFUL! this wat i receive do let me know if it is true