[Resolved]  Bedfordshire University, Luton, Uk / Agent In Chennai — Course misrepresentation in Prospectus and at University

Mereena Alexander, student id number: 0815597 together with friend, Surya Rajalakshmi (similarly affected) applied for MA Media Culture and Technology with optional Multimedia as per details in the Prospectus through Bedfordshire University Representative and Agent in Chennai, India sometime during September 2008 . She requested for a course related to the film industry and having multimedia and animation. The Prospectus mentioned Film Studio, 10 Digital video suites, Multimedia computer suites, Studios for Animation and Design work and all these are related to the film industry i.e. Multimedia .
At the University in the induction class the Faculty gave option only for Print media and this was not what she applied for . So the initial breach of contract is actually on their part .
There was no Multimedia optional offered instead they asked her to take up Printmedia which she was not interested in .
There was no point in any discussions as the University was demanding a fresh 50% advance for joining another course . The very talk of “discussion” was just a lame excuse – a useless exercise offering no solution but to purposely drag the issue .
We paid the money 4350.00 pounds for a particular course and came to know that there was no such course on joining the University . This is the most shocking fact .
If this is the case why should we pay money . The University should refund our money with full compensation for what we have gone through .
I have lost plenty of money, besides 1 year of career, 1 year of Visa lost and all my hard work, efforts and British High Commission interviews, all these have been wasted . Add to this the incidental expenses like to and fro plane ticket charges, room rent, food expenses, etc . Who will compensate me for all these . I took educational loan from a Bank to pursue my education in the UK .
And what has the University lost in this ? NOTHING !
I have not availed of any course as the University does not have the course I
requested .
There is a limit to students being exploited in the garb of rules and regulations and Autonomy and this has gone too too far . Since October 2008 this issue is burning !
The University’s behaviour has been indifferent, biased and mean't to mislead .
In the light of the above revelations I kindly request for a fair redressal in this matter as I would like to clear my debts and join at another University by September 2009 .
Thanking you .
With best regards,
Mereena Alexander

Comments

DEAR SIR
I AM RAMESH FROM CHENNAI, TAMILNADU, INDIA. I GOT A MAIL FROM MRRIOTT HOTREL LIKE JOB VACANT. I APPLY FOR THAT AND I GOT APPOINTMENT LETTER. IN THAT I WANT TO CONTACT FOR VISA TO THE NAME SMITH BRIGHT, BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION, NEW DELHI..
I CONTACT HIM THROUGH THE CALL AND I ASKED THE PROCEDURE. HE SAID, YOU SHOULD DEPOSIT THE MONEY TO SPECIFIC ACCOUNT {HALF AMOUNT}. AND HE SAYS WHILE YOU COME TO GET AFTER VISA PROCESS YOU MAY GIVE BALANCE AMOUNT. HE SENTED THE ACCOUNT DETAILS OF HIS SECRETRY

NAME : VELEIRI VELANKANNI LOBO
ACCO NO :[protected]
BANK : ICICI BANK

THAT ACCOUNT ALSO NOT CORPORATE ACCOUNT. AND I CHECKED THAT ACCOUNT, ITS IN INDIVIDUAL NAME. SO PLEASE FIND AS PER QUICK... WHETHER THIS ALL PROCESS IS FAKE OR TRUE?
respected sir i sbmit humbly i applied for visa to united kingdom in 3rd week of 2009 from hyerabad . but it was rejected due to mis conception . i went to phoenix to my daughter Dr. u.k sreelatha in agust 2009 . my RETURN TRAVEL was via london in february 2009 . i had an intention to meet my daughter D u.k sreevani at london . but i was in u.s.a. .so i could have no chance to apply to visa to get down at london as i was in usa I was not in my mother land .so we enquired about possible means to get down at london at least to talk with my daughter . so we hade a talk with u.k visa authorities .but i have not applied for transit visa . ao i stayed for few hours at londom airport acd i alighted plane stying in lomdom airport After coming to india i applied for visa to u.k at your office in hyderabad in july 2009 . but i was surprised to know that i applied for visa from u.s. a for u. k visa . it was a mis conception . i have not applied for visa or transit visa so my saughter u.k sreevani appealed to authorities . after careful examinatoin your esteemed authorities with drew their conception . They imformed me to go ahead of procedure to cotact your authorities at chennai . phone no[protected],[protected] .
UKKADAM VIMALADEVI EO 519690 DATE OF BIRTH[protected] visa taken at hyderabad 500004
In the latest comtext i request you sir to inform NEXT PROCEDURE to get visa to u.k, the way to communiate and proceed

i will be glad if you HELP AND GUIDE ME AS I AM YEARS OLD I CAN SATISFY MY WISHES

ukkadam vimaladevi