[Resolved]  Bennett Coleman & co. Ltd./ Femina — No Delivery of the free gift promised along with the product

i renewed my subscription to Femina magazine in June2007 for 1 year by sending a cheque of Rs.780/- in favour of Bennet Coleman & Co. Ltd. I was promised a free gift of a shoulder bag along with the subscription. I started receiving the magazine from July2007 onwards and i was informed that the bag would be delievered to me in 3-4 weeks time. But when i did not receive the bag for more than 2 months i called them in their Delhi Office and i was told that the bag had already been dispatched. Now it is more than 7 months and despite several calls i have still not receive the bag. I feel i have been cheated and i have already undergone lot of mental trauma because of this. I'll be highly obliged if someone looks into the matter and help me. Thank you.
Mrs Upma Narang
Aug 13, 2020

Comments

There has been as identical happening with me. I subscribed for 2 year option with an offer for free had bag gift. Bennet Coleman & Co. sent me Receipt no. 987 dt. 7.7.2007 with a promise to send the free gift through some Mr.Raman Anand of TOI-RMD deptt. in New Delhi. There is no sign of the gift till date (9 months). The E-mail addresses and phone nos. given do not respond. Reminder by post sent on 31.11.07 goes unreplied. I believe this company is fooling the public and deserves strict action under MRTP legislation. My Consumer ID is 00084657and Subscription No. 00221200 if this info' helps the case.
Sir

Reference my subscription No: 00247158 and customer ID:[protected]

My five year subscription of Femina started from 27th March 2008 and I am yet to receive my free gift of a shoulder bag as was promised.

Its already 3 month over and I am yet to recieve the gift. There cannot be any mistake in my address as I am receiving my copies of Femina regularly.

It seems that the whole thing was a marketing gimmick for expanding the subscription base of Femina. I never thought a reputed company like Bennett Coleman & Co Ltd. can resort to such marketing gimmicks.

I will be glad if this mail of mine evokes a response from your end.

I still havent recd my free gift. No one picks up the phone at their office.

My cust ID is : 00184921.

Do something.

AA
I am in a similar situation. I subscribed to femina thru indiatimes 4 years subscription.
Sub id:00183242 . I subscribed in March. Forget the free bags now i am not receiving the magazines aswell. Its been 17 days and i have not recieived a single issue for this month.
Its a total disgust i feel as no one can help me. Indiatimes asked me to talk to Femina. Fenmina ppl do not reply my mails and neither do they answer my calls.
So looks like i ve signed up for 4 years of trauma and donated 2500 INR to Bennet Coleman & Co.
Sir, I sympathise with the above complainants as I have been finding a similar situation with the company. The company in its web site has a column for feedback, but it never cares to acknowledge, leave along act on the complaints of the customers. In fact, the newspaper is supplied in Viayawada on the stands from its Hyderabad office, but on many occasions they do not reach the stands. For example, this month both Time of India and Economic Times are not supplied on 3 Aug, 10 Aug and on 25 Aug, 2008. This is a regular feature and I complained at least three times through their feedback window without any response or action. The company appears not interested in knowing the problems of the customers and is very unsympathetic. I regret their silence. Regards, P. Goutham Babu
I have undergone a similar experience. I had issued a cheque for Rs.750 dated 17/7/08(no: 566664) for a yearly subscription. I have yet to receive the promised magazine, leave alone the free gift of a shoulder bag.
Kindly do something or return my subscription money.
Anushka Shinde
even i am in d similar situation i subscribed d magzine 4 a year in june or july bt not yet got a single copy and nw whn i am trying 2 call u people theres no reply 4m ur side this is nt done either reply to d call or send me d copy and my free gift as promised by ur side
Even I havent received the free gift that was promised.
I have written several mails to the concerned person, but there is no reply and there is no gift.
My Subscription No. is 00249227 and Customer ID : is 00156619

Anjali Bhatnagar
i have sent you the subscription form and cheque through triupati courier services docet no.48921, so kindly check the details with you and reply me soon.

mona sudhija
A few years back, my "letter to the editor" was published in FEMINA for which a free gift hamper from REVLON was promised, but never arrived. Despite a reminder letter, there was no response from them.
dear sir / madam

ref: id no.00049943

i have similar experience as my assured subscription gift against my three years subscription w.e.f. july 08 is yet to materialise after a lapse of five months. i donot know how many months more i have to wait. surprisingly if one opens femina website there is no place to make a complain.

ruma paul
Dear Sir/Madam

It is almost been 3 months i have been constantly mailing and coordinating with TOI office for the change of address from Mumbai to Jaipur but there is no response from the company.

I was coordinating with Ms Mita Venkataraman (Mumbai Office).

No respose from their end.
Pls look into the matter and send my pending issues ASAP .

Subscription No: 00268349
Customer Id:00194942

Neha
the readers of TOI donot get supplements of SUNDAY TIMES OF INDIA
i renewed my subscription to Femina magazine in April 2009 for 1 year to one of the lady came to my office Benner Coleman and ehr name is SHARMILA from Baroda and she has cheated me and promised me that I will get my Magzin from next month but now 2-3 months has passed and yet I have not received the single issue of my magzin... I feel i have been cheated and i have already undergone lot of mental trauma because of this. regulerly I am following to this girl and also to Ahmedabad office to Mr. Hiren Sheth and these both guys responding nothing...only sys will get this n that... and now this girl SHRMILA dont even pickup my call she promised that she will come n meet me and will give me my magzin but she has not even turned on to my office not even showing her face... I feel these people who come to office for sub. and renewal shd be stoped now onwards we shd not entertain these kind of students...cos they only knows how to make acustomer and take money but dont know how to fulfill the promises kindly someone looks into the matter and help me. Thank you
Plz replace the product that i have take from you no it not workin eletronic product
Dear sir

This is to kindly inform you that i had subscribed for yearly femina issue in the name of Abhishek Parikh and also have submitted the asked amount from cheque against bennett and colemann& co.rs 570 (five hundred seventy only )cheque no. 237105 punjab national bank and amount had been debited from my account on 05 sept 2009 but there is no response and we havent got any issue of femina till now..kindly inform us wat were the reason or give a call on [protected]

thanking you

shruti parikh
I HAVE PAID RS. 950/- TOWARDS ANNUAL SUB. FOR TIMES OF INDIA & MUMBAI MIROR FOR ONE YEAR ON 30/12/2009. MY RECEIPT NO IS 2037550 FOR TOI & 2055360 FOR MUMBAI MIROR. IT WAS TO STAST FROM 16/01/2010. INSPITE OF MY SEVERAL TEL TALKS ON TEL 66354021 & 22731111, I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED MY COUPONS FOR NEWS PAPERS. SOMETIMES YOUR CONCERNED STAFF IS NOT AVAILBLE ON PHONE .PL. LET ME KNOW WHEN I WILL GET MY COPIES OF NEWSPAPERS. THIS IS MY FIRST SUBSCRIPTION.

We order for subscribtion of the Times of India and Sunday Times of India, chennai edition for a period of 12 months from 01.11.2009 to 31.10.2010 for RS.299.00(ch no.463512 dated on 22.10.09), Till we wont received your daily edition.Kindly do needful.

Ramakrishnan.J
V Link Systems
I havent recieved a copy since July, everytime i call they say il recieve it within two days but to no avail. I dont understand how femina having such a big name could make these goo[censored]ps. How dont they have a proper delivery system. This should be made a big issue in d press. This is robbery in day light. They take the money in advance but delivery is never on time. After wasting so much of money on calls they send one issue. Why can they never be on time. What is the customer care there doing when its always busy. Maybe they should change their customer care management. Femina needs better management and administration.
Leah Mehdi.
We have subscribed for annual Newspaper plan on 2nd of Feb.
And a cash of 299/- has been deposited on behalf of the name Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
The cash is enrolled by 10th of Feb but till date we have received newspaper for 2 months & again they stopped the service.Now we are not receving the newspaper from last 2 months.

The sales person have given a contact no :[protected]-Balu which is out of service.

Kindly take the necceary action & cont the service.

I have also mailed to crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com but no responce.

Please contact: