[Resolved]  BESCOM-Bangalore — Frequent power failures

Respected Sir/Madam,

Iam Ravi and iam a resident from Bangalore. We are having lots of problem with the frequent power failures in Bangalore. There is nearly around 3 hours of load-shedding everyday. I have called and complained to BESCOM many times but the result is same. In fact, initially it was 2hrs everyday but now its even more worse.., 3 hrs of loadshedding.

Bangalore being called as IT Capital of the country is facing severe power problems. The situation is even more bad in the Bangalore rural side. This kind of power failures are quite regular in Bangalore from past 2-3 months.The Government and the BESCOM is really not tackling the whole power shortage problem appropriately as a result of which Bangaloreans are suffering.

So, I kindly request the CONSUMER COMPLAINTS FORUM, INDIA or the respective POWER department to go through the whole Power-shortage scenario in Bangalore fully and kindly do the needfull.

Thanking you, Yours sincerely,
Ravi rahul.

Comments

I am Bhaskar and a resident from Jnanabharathi Layout I Block, Bangalore. For the last 2 years we are facing lot, lot of problems. Most of the times the BESCOM reps have attended to the problem and provide only temporary solution. The problem is that frequent power failure in our line, even though ours is the only house in that line. There is also a very high voltage fluctuating causing severe damage to electronics/electrical equipments/appliances. We have lost peace of mind and have lost confidence in BESCOM, because this is happening evey now and then; on an average 2 times in a week basis. I don't know what the problem is? Even the BESCOM reps who attend to the problem are not in a position to rectify the same.

I kindly request the CONSUMER COMPLAINTS FORUM, INDIA or the respective POWER department to suitable the address the issue in solving the problem.
To whom over concern,

Dear sir/madam. I am a resident of lalbagh siddapur jayanagar banglore-11. on my way home I noticecd some coconut trees leaves due to heavy rain and wind falls on the electricity lines and hanging . the childrens can touch the leaves and trying to play with that leafs may leads to accidents. I personely gone to jayanagar fouth block office to give complaint at 6.30 pm last week no body is there to register my complaint. I waited for half an hour no body turn up I personely wrote the complaint and came back and next day telephoned and once again register my complaint no body retified the complaint and once again I telephoned to operater the opertator told me that sir I know the complint and informed the concerned man to attend they are not oblige and listen to my words no body is there to bother to do work so please take necessary steps and do their job correctly. retify the problem.
I agree that oftentimes BESCOM is not responsive.

Today (May 19, 2009) I went to BESCOM.org website and found that the server is down whole day, as.

I wanted to complain of the following.online, but could not do so because of BESCOM server down.

Details of my Complaint :

In my following Flat No. 201 in Building No. 3363/A, Team Heritage Apartments,
13th Main, 2nd Cross, Indira Nagar, BANGALORE - 560008, I got an excessive Electricity
Bill for Rs. 2, 205 whereas my monthly Bill in the last 12 months has not exceeded Rs. 500/-
Thus the Bill exceeds FOUR times the normal without any changes in its usage.

KINDLY INVESTIGATE and RECTIFY this urgently. My Cell No. is[protected] and will be answered by my son Durga Prasad.

The Bill Details are : Bill No. 201

Asst. Executive Engg. E6 Sub Dvn

Location Code 1120103

Consumer ID[protected]

RR No. MS6EH19847

Meter Reader Code MR41

Billing Date 19 May 2009

Present Reading 702, Previous Reading 207. Difference = 495 Units which is excessive

REQUEST URGENT REPLY
I agree that oftentimes BESCOM is not responsive.

Details of my Complaint :

In my following Flat No. 201 in Building No. 3363/A, Team Heritage Apartments,
Thus the Bill exceeds FOUR times the normal without any changes in its usage.

The Bill Details are : Bill No. 201

Meter Reader Code MR41

Billing Date 19 May 2009

REQUEST URGENT REPLY

Confirmation Code
Pathetic BESCOM. Powerless state power minister. Helpess citizens of Bangalore :-)

There can never be any proper solution to this. I wonder how on earth other countries are maintaining.
There are frequent power failure at Arekere Samrat Layout BG Road. When we get water from BWSSB we the residents will not be able to pump the water as there will be frequent power supply. The power failure will be for long duration. Now today BWSSB has given the water but for the power off, the residents will not be able to lift the water. Even during nights there will be continuous power off. In addition there will be lot of fluctuations in power supply. I think there should be a separate feeder line for the area.

Please look into it

For and Behalf of Samrat Layout Residents' Welfare Association (Regd)
(A.M. Nagaraju), President, No.839, Ist Cross, Ist main, Samrat Layout, Arekere, Off BG Raod
Bangalore - 560076. Tel res : 26585242, Cell [protected]
e-mail : [protected]@iimb.ernet.in
For the past 3 days the electrccity supply in and arroud vidyapeeta circle is un even.

Today at the time of this mail the voltage is dropped much bellow normal.

The power supply will be disconnected even for a small rainee day as it happens in rural areas.

You are requested to rectfy the disturbances immedeatly.

RR No :B55EH24500
Location Code :1120305
Consumer Code :[protected]

Telephone No 26697329
Cell No [protected]
I just dont understand this. Theres just no control on anything in this city. Bangalore has just become hell now.When i complain to the BESCOM office they tell me "Theres load shedding in marathahalli for 4 hours totally - 2 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening." Has anybody ever heard of 4 hrs of load shedding anywhere else in Urban India? Not just that everyday another 3-4 hrs of fault repair in the same day. The staff at the Bescom office seem to be reading out a printed response to grieving customers. when i call the engineer and the junior engineer, they either tell me that they are out of station, or that they dont work for BESCOM, sometimes they even ridicule us and act surprised when i tell them my problem. Its Absolutely not possible to run my office on this stretch of Marathahalli outer ring road.Unfortunately I also happen to be living in the same area, living here is a nightmare. 8 hours of power cut in a day is just crazy just cant work in the office. When i come home at 7.00 pm theres no power at home for a minimum of 1.5 hrs, therfore im left with 1.5 hrs till i sleep to prepare dinner, etc.Somebody please help.
My number is [protected], email: [protected]@gmail.com
Hi i am from vijay nagar bangalore here we are facing 9 hours load shedding per day this B.J.P government really worst government we are not seen this kind of fraud government they are playing on school children s life and also poor and middle class peoples life on not giving proper power.In BBMP election time they r given full power now they r doing power cuts of 9 hours really hell
does anybody evr review this website... i mean today the power supply went at 1.30pm, when i called the main bescom office ... they told me that its load shedding and that too for 3 hrs continuously. how am i goin to work here. my office is more like an oven and we are all just getting cooked here. i dont know if theres any point writing all this. will there be any action ? the government is busy making all kinds of real estate deals and planning on how to loot more money from the poor tax payers and general public. these politicians build their 15-20 crore mansions with there own high capacity generators, after all these dont even pay for the electricity and fuel .. how would they ever know the pain of people like us? the plight of citizens suffering without power supply...
Dear Sir/ Madam

There are frequent and uncalled power cuts, especially in Hebbal area, and power cuts are timed to create maximum nuisance value.
When I tried to call, one Ms. Geethamma told the power cuts are out of their control and happen when there is a real issue to be sorted
We request you take a note of this and do something urgently

BESCOM-Bangalore — CHEQUE NOT COLLECTED FROM DROP BOX .(FOR JAN MONTH)

I HAD PUT MY CHEQUE FOR MY DEC BILL OF BESCOM DATED[protected] IN DROP BOX AT JAYANAGAR 9th BLOCK ,24HRS BILL PAYMENT CENTRE. TILL DATE(18th FEB) IT WAS STILL INSIDE THE BOX. MY RECENT BILL WAS SHOWING OUTSTANDING AND THE SUM WAS BIG.INTEREST IS ADDED FOR NO FAULT OF MYSIDE.HOPE BESCOM GUYS WILL LOOK IN TO IT.
Hi, I'm from RRV Layout 1st Cross, Ramamurthy Nagare, Bangalore. We have frequent power failure in our area and many times it would be for 2-3 hrs. Its really going tough day by day in Bangalore with the frequent power failures and Infrastructure problems. Very soon Bangalore would loose its importance to other small cities and we would definitely see a huge shift in corporate.
I had seen many other cities are much better than Bangalore in terms of power supply, claiming to be the IT capital of India is not acceptable with such a pathetic facilities.
I request the BESCOM officials to pls. look in to the issue of such frequent power failures and take appropriate actions - permanent.
To,

AEE,
S2- sub division,
Wilson Garden.

RR # MSS2EH24789 MR41

We are getting 170 V in our home. None of my electrical appliances (tube light, water heaters)are not working appropriately.

We need your attention to get this load balance issue rectified asap.

Few of my computer components (Cisco phone was burnt out) also got impacted because of this voltage fluctuations issue. Loss of RS 28000.

thanks,
Rajesh Shetty
M: [protected]
M: [protected]
email ID : 4.[protected]@gmail.com
We stay in maruthi layout Adj to AECS layout brookefields. We suffer from power cuts day in and day out. This has been nature of the BESCOM in this area. Utterly irresponsible responses when called the BESCOM complaint centre and the corresponding BESCOM area office. There is no accountability on why there are frequent power cuts and failures. Now a days they are singing one song as response, " It is raining now so can't check why and where the failure is". It rains in Bangalore every day so one can imagine the fate of people living in this area.

I sincerely request BESCOM higher officials to look into this issue and resolve it religiously.

Nag
To.
The Asst. Exec. Engineer,
B E S C O M, E-6 Sub Div.,
Bangalore
DATE:[protected]
Sub: VOLTAGE FLUCTUATIONS AT ALL HOUSES AT - (#1 TO #19)
1ST CROSS, 10-AMain, 2nd Stage Indiranagar, Bangalore 560 038

We would like to bring to your kind notice the following facts for your kind attention. For the past few months, we the residents of 1st Cross, have been experiencing severe Voltage Fluctuations. Some times, there is high voltage and some times low voltages. We often find flickering of lights day or night. This is happening for almost a year now and nothing concrete has been done to solve this.
We have brought this to the notice of the office at BESCOM, Indiranagar several times. Some time – 6 months back, when the fluctuations were severe, many of our electrical gadgets had been damaged and on our complaints, the Technicians/Electricians had come to our cross and had done some repairs at the transformer on Water Tank Road near 100 Feet Road junction.
Since two weeks, the voltage fluctuations have become severe, we fear some thing drastic will happen due to this. On 2nd and 3rd of December, two technical persons from BESCOM had visited our cross separately (One of them Mr Shivakumar informed us that the Cut-outs in all poles have to be replaced) another technician (one with Long hair/cap) came soon after that and adjusted some connections at the Transformer Poles.
But the problem still persists and for the past three days, the fluctuations are very severe. Upon our separate complaints at the BESCOM office, two techs came on Sunday (11th Dec) morning and replaced some bolts and loose connections at the Transformer on Water Tank Road/1st Cross junction. But has not improved the situation very much, we are still experiencing indifferent flickering of all lights.
At the juncture, we feel that some action should be taken immediately and rectify the fault urgently, before some drastic event take place.
We the residents of 1st Cross – Nos. 1 to 19, jointly give this representation in unison to solve this issue at the earliest. PLEASE TREAT THIS AT TOP PRIORITY.

BESCOM — Electricity Issues

HI,

I am Ravi Kumar from Bangalore. Presently I am staying at Mangammanapalya near Bommanahalli in Bangalore. This is not a complaint but a suggestion to BESCOM. Today in our area I saw street lights on even at 4:00PM. I read in the news paper that there is some scarcity of power in India. When a government organization are so ignorant about these issues then how can they expect normal people to be responsible.

BESCOM-Bangalore