[Resolved]  Caravan Movers and packers — Incomplete information given and Non Settlement of Dues

We have recently moved from Pune to Mumbai and moved our household items which included Washing machine, Microwave and TV. We were told that all the items will be packed and the articles which need crating will all be done. However, when the packers actaully came to our house for the packing they did not do any crating of our washing machine, micorwave. also after loading the goods in the tempo they quote a rate that was different for the original quatation that was given to us.
Inspiote of our repared calls to Mr. L.D.Bala ( Corporate Marketing Manager Cell Phone No: [protected]) we received no follow up calls and the office staff including Mr.Jhakal (Branch Manager Cell Phone No:[protected])were very rude.We were not given the right numbers and were kept in the dark about all things right upto the last minute.

Our washing machine was damaged because it was not put in a crate as promised and told and paid by us for the same.Now the Office refuses to take our calls and in turn is blaming us for the damages.

We had also taken insurance for the above articles whcih the movers are are now refusing to compensate us for. We have had to spend 5000/- ruopees for getting our machine repaired. Now the situation has come to the point where when we call on the numbers that have been given to us ( they are also printed on their visiting cards) some unknown people answer the call falsely identifing themsleves as the either Bala or Jhakal and once we start to inquire about our complaint they simply say that they are not the people that we have asked for.
The whole organisation is a fraud, the people are unprofessional and rude .
We sincerly hope that our complaint is looked into and these people are taken to task. My Advice to all will be DO NOT HIRE CARAVAN MOVERS AND PACKERS.

Comments

Caravan Movers and packers — A case of deceiving

I had been transferred from Delhi to Mumbai and hired Caravan Movers and Packers for transportation of my goods and my Car,

But at the time of quotation they commit the packaging process by showing brochures and also I had checked the web site for the packaging. As it mentioned that all electronic goods has to be packed in wooden cases.

- But when I received the same it was not happened in the same way. So my fridge and Music System and invertor case got broken for which repair cost is coming as Rs 2300, Rs 13000, and Rs 1800/- respectively approx.

- My car(Just 4 month old car) bonut was damaged in the transit but they tried to deceive me by painting the same and i had caught them and gone with them to Car Dealer and he told the approx cost of repair Rs 8000/- and Rs 15000/- Depreciation cost. But I am following the same from them as it has been painted worstly by them can not be claimed by insurance also.

Also I was able to stop just Rs 4000/- as initial settlement as they had assure that within 10 days they will settle my account.

I received the goods around 12th of this month and keep on following with Mr Wilson (No-[protected]) sitting in Delhi office who has booked my luggage and assure of his services.

But the fact is I have to change the phone to get connected with him as he has stop picking my phones and even he replied what ever you can do go ahead.

Pls help me regarding this. As per me this is the case of 420 with me.

I had written the same on the receiving of goods and also I had taken the same in written what I have written above from the delivery boy.

Looking forward to hear some action taken by you.

Thanks and regards

Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar,
New Delhi-110042.
Cell Ph: 0

Dear Mr. Willson,
This is the reference to your quotation no 11703, dated 28th May 2009, you have quoted us a price of Rs 54, 737 + the insurance amount to shift our 103 no of old assets from our Karkardooma, Delhi office to Kalinga Eye Hospital, Dhenkanal, Orissa. How ever you have taken an advance money of Rs … on dated 29th May 2009 through your Executive Mr. Deepak (Cell No [protected]) and assured that after delivery of the assets at our Dhenkanal office you will take the rest payment as cash from Kalinga Eye Hospital, where as we found you could able to deliver only 58 items on dated 2nd June 2009 at our base hospital. Also you have requested to release the rest amount to your representative there. But as you have not delivered the rest items to us, so we have wrote a mail that we couldn’t release the rest amount unless we have receive all the items at the desired destination mentioned in the quotation. How ever on your continuous request to release the rest money again we have wrote a mail to you that we will only able to release the rest amount only if you promise to release the rest items within 15th June 2009 and you will not charge any extra money for that. In reply you have agreed to our points (ref: mail dated 6th June 2009) and we released all the rest money on the day to your representative.

On 14th of June the hospital has asked you regarding the release of the rest item and in reply you have answered that the hospital will get it within one day, but we couldn’t able to the rest items. Then we have tried to called you and your representative Mr. Deepak and found no response to our phone calls most of the time, and few time you have picked the phone and replied the same that we will get it within one day. But when we called you on the 26th June 2009, found a different answer that the items are not yet released from your company.

This is really bad, that each time you have lied to us and kept us in dark and till now you don’t know the dates on which you are going to release the items. We are quite sure that we will never do any type of partnership with you in near future nor will promote you for others; you are really helping your organization to loose its credit & image. This is really BAD. If you are doing such type of thing with a Health Care Provider than, we can’t expect that what you can do with a general public.

S Kumar
Cell Ph: [protected]
For Kalinga Eye Hospital
Dhenkanal, Orissa.

I also used "CARAVAN PACKERS and MOVERS" for my relocation from Hyderabad to Ghaziabad (U.P).
The overall experience was very bad. They delay my luggage by 10 days and all cartons were in damaged state. The luggage was scattered in the lorry. Overall Karavan don’t seem to a professional movers and packers. I will not use Karavan in future.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other