[Resolved]  Ceiling leakage — Ceiling & Wall leakage

We have being staying in this CHS since 5 years, but since last 1 1/2 year we are facing lot of ceiling lekage & Wall leakage problem, we have complined about this in the society & the society has taken up the matter & did the water proofing from some local people because of which the problme persists. the walls on the West side receive more rainfall & beacause of which the wall are dampen.

Now since 1 year there is ceiling leakage, we have requested the above flat owener to look into this matter, but he is not paying heed to it & morover he has written letter to the society, police commissioner of Kalyan & Thane & to the whole building stating that my mother ie spressuring them & threathening them to do the repair othwise she will burst the cylinder in her own house, which is ridiculous.

The society members are not paying heed to it & they are asking us to wait till Diwali as the above flat owner has told that he will repair his house by Diwali, he has not given any particular date. The ceiling is gone very bad & literally the water drips from it, my mom has to keep the sack down on the floor to soak the water. She stays there alone with my brother, who had met with an accident last year & still not ok.

Plz advice...

jacinta

Comments

Dear Jacinta,

I have also been facing the same problem for two years- `leaking on the ceiling`. Has the root cause been identified in the first floor's flat what was the problem?

Please do reply.

S
Hello guys..i to facing the same problem..mu above falt owner has done changes in him bathroom and after that the problem has begain and he is not taking this seriously-[protected]
Hi all,

I have the same problem, I have been approaching all construction group's but till now no solutions, on my west side wall, during rainy season, I have lot problems due to wall cracks, kindly contact me if some one have solution for the same. [protected]

I am staying on 5th floor of the building, above my flat there is a open terrace belong to flat owner staying on 6th floor. The person who has occupied the flat above every year he carries out repair work or additional encroachment and leaves the walls unrepaired and bricks expose to rains. Due to which every year there is heavy leakage in my house and on request and pleading I go to his terrace and repair or cover the holes made by him. I spent lot of money to repair his terrace without any fault of mine.

Appraoched society, where they are helpless because the occupant is not paying maintaince and not co-operating with Society and as per the them it is our internal problem.

Kindly advice.
Hi to all,

I have also been facing the same problem of ceiling leakage of my bathroom, toilet, kitchen & Hall for the last two years.

Whom should I complaint about this (i.e. to which authority) my Flat is located at Navi Mumbai

Pradosh Bidkar
Please give solution as per LAW.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other