[Resolved]  CHEVRON TEXACO OIL AND GAS COMPANY — reg winning amount

I have received these mail from this CHEVRON TEXACO OIL AND GAS COMPANY which is as under :
On 1/21/09, Vazquez, Pedro (MDT) <[protected]@miamidade.gov> wrote:
Dear Winner.

This is to inform you that you have won a prize
money of Seven Hundred Thousand United States Dollars,
($700, 000.00) for this year 2008/2009 Lottery promotion which is organized by
CHEVRON OIL/PETROLUEM NIGERIA 2008/2009 with Batch No:091026XN, Reff
No:095447XN, Winning No:CT 097886XN.

You are to contact him with this details below:
NAME, ADDRESS, COUNTRY, SEX, AGE, PHONE NUMBER.
(CONTACT FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
Name:Mr.James Eric.
E-mail: [protected]@live.com tel: +[protected]

Yours faithfully,
Mrs.Roza Obaseki.
(Chevron Oil Petroluem Bonanza/Lottery Coordinator).

On 1/24/09, chevron texaco <[protected]@live.com> wrote:
CHEVRON TEXACO OIL AND GAS COMPANY
Official Head Quaters,
Abuja. Nigeria.

DEAR BENEFICIARY,

CONGRATULATIONS. A CHEQUE HAS BEEN ISSUED IN YOUR NAME, AND THE CHEVRON HAS CONCLUDED THE PROCESSING OF ALL DOCUMENT THAT WILL FACILITATE THE CLEARANCE OF YOU CHEQUE IN YOUR BANK.KINDLY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS COUNTRY IS NOT ABLE TO CARRY OUT AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OR MASTER CARD TRANSFER.THIS DOCUMENT WILL IMMEDIATELY BE SENT TO YOU VIA COURIER DELIVERY.THESE DOCUMENT INCLUDE.

1. CHEQUE VALUED THE SUM O[censored]S$700, 000.00
2. CERTIFICATE FROM THE CHEVRON HEADQUARTER.
3. CLEAR SOURCE OF FUNDS CERTIFICATES(C.S.F.C.)
4. ANTI-TERRORISM CERTIFICATES(A.T.C)
5. CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN OF FUNDS(C.O.F.)
6.BENEFICIARY PAYMENT FORM(KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS IS THE FORM THAT STATES THE BENEFICIARIES NAME THAT WILL RECEIVE THE CHEQUE.)
7.LETTER OF AFFIDAVITS FROM THE NIGERIAN HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, STATING THAT THE DONATION WAS RECEIVED LEGALLY FROM THE CHEVRON TEXACO OIL AND GAS COMPANY PROGRAMME, AND DUELY SIGNED BY THE LEGAL ATTORNEY TO THE CHEVRON .

THESE DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN SECURELY SEALED AND PACKETED DUE TO SECURITY REASON, WHICH MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO VIEW IT UNTIL DELIVERED TO YOU.

TO BEGIN THE FINAL PROCESS OF CLAIMING YOUR WINNINGS, WHICH IS SHIPPING OF YOUR WINNINGS CHEQUE TO YOU, YOU ARE HEREBY PRODUCED WITH THREE OPTIONS PRODUCED BELOW. THIS OPTION YOU ARE TO CHOOSE THE ONE MOST CONVENIENT TO YOU.

THE OPTIONS, TOGETHER WITH THEIR ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ARE PRESENTED BELOW. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY ALL THE NECCESARY COURIER CHARGES TO ENABLE THE SHIPMENT OF YOUR CHEQUE AND AND OTHER CLAIM DOCUMENT TO YOU.

OPTIONS:

Total...$670=32, 716.01 INR

Transfer Charges...$ 720
Vat...$ 90
Total...$810 =39, 571.26 INR

Upon delivery, please you are to confirm your delivery mailing address given to us.

Receivers Name: RAJU
Country: INDIA

Kindly be informed that Under the enabling act of parliament, diplomatic courier delivery has to be issured by the Nigerian insurance ministry before been despatched by courier delivery.

This company declined reverse payment for these charges, stating that it is against their professional policy towards ensuring the safe delivery of the cheque to you. That if a reverse payment is made, and something goes wrong, that we/you cannot sue the courier company or insurance company to recover the full value of the fund as stipulated in the cheque since payment for insurance cover was not made at point of mailing.With the above reason, reverse payment is ruled out. which makes it absolutely necessary to produce the courier fee before courier can despatch delivery.

Note: that your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you before your prize is transferred to you. This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the international gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3RD july 1996 by the constitutional assembly.This is to protect receipients and to avoid misappropriation of funds
Send your response to indicate your option within the next 24hrs,

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS.

Mr.Adewale John.
Tel:+[protected]

After this they again send mail dated 2/01/2009
Good day Mr Pankaj Chand,

Your mail was recieved and noted in this office, what i want you to know is that this is a courier company and that is how we operate, as soon as you pay the courier charges our diplomat will deliver the price to you at your door step, our diplomat is already in your country he arrived on the 30th of january 2009 he is now in Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh and will be comming to your house to deliver the winnings to you as soon as he gets the order from this office, i want to assure you that as soon as you pay for the courier charges you will recieve your package in no time, if you are having douts about this, we would want you to send us your direct phone number so that our diplomat can call you, so that you will be sure that we are not joking, we hope to hear from you soon so that we can provide you with the account that you will use to make the deposit.

please note that our diplomat will be leaving india in the next two days, so you are advised to act fast, get back to me soon.

James Eric.

What can i do for this kind of act of this coy & suggest me for my legal opinion
Whether is it true that they give me so much winning amount after paying courier charges or not.
Please help me your suggestion is highly appriciated & good faith for me.
with regards
Pankaj Chand
Email [protected]@gmail.com

Comments

I, too, have also received such lottery/monitary prize notifications. I received on today from Chevron Oil/Gas Company. I know this is a scam. I just wanted to warn others.ecec1
respected sir i have got a message in my mobile that i have won a sum of 500, 000gbp . what it is actually?sir can you please inform me about this? your's faithfully nawaz sharif
respected sir i have got a message in my mobile that i have won a sum of $1million gbp . what it is actually?sir can you please inform me about this? your's faithfully shabeer shaik
sir, i have got a message on my mobile that, a grant prize of 500, 000pounds has been awarded to me in the ongoing chevron intel draw 2010. what is it actually, is there any such sceme? yoyrs faithfully bijoy kumar kakoty.
I have received the letter too . It is a scam .

Complaint categoryCategory: Other