[Resolved]  compaq presario v6112au — Problems with HP/Compaq

AMD turion X2(64 bit)
1 GB Ram
OS: Windows XP
80GB hard disk
Motherboard: Unknown (After multiple Replacements in a short duration)
I have an extended warranty on this piece. this piece was so well maintained(for an AMD processor), even now it looks new.
The computer performed as i had expected for about 6 months, but later on i faced with some problems such as motherboard, DVD writer, W-LAN card, Power cord, Battery and Fire-wire port.
But in the last 3 months i have used it for only about 20 days( The remainder days, it was in the service center). It started in early November when my W-LAN wasn't working, so i gave it to a HP service center nearby. It took them more than 15 days to get it changed. And when i got it, they told me it was a problem caused by the motherboard(multiple failures), and without even asking me they had changed my display panel because they found it faulty. I was actually impressed by their work in a way, that they had changed something, which i hadn't complained of.

Anyway after that day my computer could be turned on only for a few hours and later the whole system fails, so I call HP and mention the problem i was going through. They told me that it MUST be due to my third party RAM(It wasn't). But anyway soon i had given it back to HP complaining it doesn't even boot. So again, they mentioned it was a motherboard problem and it will take them FIVE days to replace it. So again I leave it at the service center.

This time they took more than a month to replace this piece. So, when I picked it up the Service Center confirms that it works really fine. But just in a matter of a few days the computer was in such a bad shape that I couldn't even access my hard disk (not even in Safe Mode, which I could earlier to make a backup). And even now This computer is still in the service center (more than two weeks).

Hence, I conclude that HP is incompetent of replacing the bad ones with good ones and also incompetent of keeping the customer informed(they should start calling) and are absolutely good in delaying customers notebook's regardless of how well the world is connected(India doesn't have a manufacturing plant, so needs to be sent from the US or China).

I also recommend everyone reading this NOT to buy HP or Compaq Notebooks. As cheap products are used and the system fan is underneath(better if in the side because computers generate a lot of heat).

Comments

compaq presario v6112au — motherboard problem

my laptop is not booting up..when switched on..lights come up..fan is working..cd/dvd drive ejectable..nothing appears on the screen..it restarts itself after about 20 seconds..and this cyle conitnues..
hp customer care people agreed that this is a mother board manufacturing fault but they are not offering free repair for my model(compaq presario v6112au; serial number: cnf6524y61)..
don't know what to do..any help would be appreciated..
thank you..
Same motherboard problem... lights beep up... nothing can be seen on the screen... reboots after 15 secs or so...
Siddharth Bhatt
I am also facing the same problem. I went to service center and the Service Engineer told tht this is the common problem for this model and u have to change the mother boar which is costing Rs. 12, 000/-. I went to service provider (non-HP) he replaced the NVIDIA Graphics accelerater and charegd me Rs. 2, 500/- I am facing the same problem again after 2 months.

Service Er. says tht all the AMD with nvidia is having the same problem

What the hell HP is doing?
i am also facing the same problem with the nvidia. . they asked me to change the mother boad..but i don't have the some to pay now.. what shall i do..

Complaint categoryCategory: Other