Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Contest winner — Is this real or a scam?

Dear Winner,

Microsoft announces today the results of our annual world-wide online
promotions lottery draw #9 held on Saturday the 3rd of May, 2008 in the
United Kingdom. Your email address was attached to Ticket Number
208/510054/NL, with Serial number 99010, which won in the 2nd Category.
This program is sponsored annually by Microsoft and some multinational
Information Technology companies to promote the use of the internet. You
have been approved for a payment of the sum of £948, 600:00 (Nine Hundred
and Forty - Eight Thousand Six Hundred Great British Pounds) credited to
file with REF NO: MSF/98710/HA/07 and Batch No: 2008/WL/02/90105.

Winners were drawn by random selection from over 2.5 million valid email
addresses to which ticket numbers were attached from different Microsoft
correspondent offices in Europe, Asia, Africa, America and from all over
the world. Your winning ticket came from our correspondent office in
Johannesburg, South Africa, which means that you claim will be paid out
from our African payment centre.To file for your claim, immediately
contact our African fiduciary claim Agent in South Africa with your Batch
and Reference numbers included in this email. Send him also, your full
names, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, sex, occupation and
nationality by email. The contact details of our African Agent are;
Dr. Smith Edwards.
Email: [protected]@aol.com or dr.[protected]@yahoo.com
Direct Line: +[protected].

Sincerely,

Mrs. Theresa Allen.
Program Co-ordinator.

Comments

Respected Sir, 25.5.2008

I would like it to bring it into your kind notice so that whole world knows through your web site & investigation can be carried out by all concerned & justice be done in regards to Unfair / misleading and monopolistic activities carried out by AIRTEL mobile company . I hereby submit brief facts and would pray your good self on behalf of me & millions of other subscribers those who are everyday getting cheated by such false/ misleading / money laundering SMSs’ which we keep getting everyday by luring us to play or use their mischievous services . Below mentioned are the facts and Incase be needed I can appear in person with all e-mails & mobile text messages which I have exchanged with them and vice versa;

1) That AIRTEL started a contest called “FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER “ .In this contest they offered a Ford fiesta car to the highest scorer.
2) The contest was open from 5th September 2006 till 12th October 2006 till 11.59 P.M.
3) That the call charges for this contest was Rs.6 per minute.
4) That I started playing the contest vigorously and with keen interest to win the Prize .
5) That I spent my precious time, money, energy and brain to answer their questions .
6) That I kept receiving the SMS that my score was in the Top highest group and play more to win the contest.
7) That on around 28th September 2006 I started experiencing that whenever I used to dial the contest number 64660, 646 the game would not start and it reverted me back to main menu. I however kept trying again and again but I was really shocked as to what has happened why is this happening to me.

8) When I came back to nerves I realized that it is something which is being done deliberately by AIRTEL/ONMOBILE who are closely watching the contest and the scores . The I got suspicious and frantically sent SMS to 121, emails to 121 and email to [protected]@onmobile .com .

9) That for few days there was no answer from anybody and I kept crying and barking as by this time I had started feeling that something has gone wrong seriously and this nothing contest but to cheat public who spend Rs.6 per minute and AIRTEL doest care to listen.
10) That I got a call from them and Ms.Savita was calling and she said Sir, we are extremely sorry that you are the only one who is experiencing such problem and I would get back to you with a solution that You can play the contest further, let me examine the matter technically. She assured me that they will compensate me if something wrong was from their side. The again they went silent and I sent
11) about 100 emails to them ( I have record) & I registered my complain to them on 121 as well.
12) Within few minutes after she called me and I tried the contest it started playing
13) It is emphatically can be said that contest was under regular watch and under close surveillance by the Contest people to make or mar the chances of genuine contestants & placate their own person to make him win or it can also be taken as they loot the money like this and since they don’t reveal the mobile numbers of winners, may be it is another way of grabbing money .
14) Again on the day i.e 12th October 2006 when the last day the contest was to close they gain barred my number at morning 8 a.m whereas the contest was open till midnight. I sent them email at 8a.m but no reply and respite came.
15) That I received a call from Ms.Savitha that the highest contestant has scored 17, 00, 770 points so since my score is very low so there is no chance that you are winner.
6) That I again told her that such high score is not humanly possible and details may be made available to me in regards to the person who scored such high score, like you provide me the Mobile number and billing details which they agreed that day but next day Mr.Ashish denied that they cant provide me the details.
16) That their official address is ; Bharti Airtel Limited
(A Bharti Enterprise)
Qutab Ambience (at Qutab Minar), Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi - 110 030

Respected Sir, With abovementioned brief facts I bring it in to your knowledge and pray your good self that the entire scam and modus operandi may be investigated in details because It is question of trust with which I played the contest and they looted me like this apart from regular fraudulent activities they are carrying out by cheating other subscribers.
They are very big players and I loged my complaint with TRAI, Minsutry and MRTPC. They probably bribed ADGIR of MRTPC and got a decision against me but they didt respond to other letters of TRAI etc.
What To do I am frustrtated as I have all documents where i can prove that I was the highest scorer and cheating was done with me, .

The Director General, 29.11.2006
A-2/14, Safdarjung enclave,
New Delhi.-29

Reff; My previous letter dtd.11.11.2006

Respected Sir,

With reference to the above mentioned subject in which I have brought into your kind notice about the unlawful & unjustified manners adopted by AIRTEL company when they offer various luring schemes/offers/prizes/contests.

Almost everyday I & all subscribers keep getting various SMSs’ in one disguise or the other with their single objective in mind just to cheat and earn crores of rupees by floating luring SMSs’.

The contests are offered in the name e.g GOLD OFFER, TAMBOLA, FESTIVAL DHAMAKA / BUMPER CONTESTS . I have noticed the SMS comes from 646, 64640, 3030 and many more but without numbers .

It is kindly requested that stringent warnings must be issued to AIRTEL mobile company not to cheat public and incase they offer they must adhere to the below mentioned stipulations;
1) That there should be total transparency .
2) That mobile operator whosoever flashes such SMS is wholly/totally answerable to subscriber or one who has played and spent money.
3) They should clearly mention about the discrepancies which can happen during the time a contest as long as valid for one month is played.
4) They should make sure during the time of contest they should not bar or discontinue the contest from any particular number.
5) They should after the contest is over should disclose the name, mobile number of the winner and if be needed billing details of the winner should or may be at the request and incase of any doubt should be made available to the person who is doubting any wrong doing on part of operator.
CONTD…..2

(2)

6) That they should incase if needed provide the photographs also for the person who has won the contest . Photos of prize giving ceremony .
7) That their entire procedure should be beyond doubts and total trueness and integrity towards subscribers should be the foremost forte of the entire game.
Since my earlier complaint is pending with you and I am keenly awaiting your reply in this regards and in order to cleanse the entire process and wrong doings which I have noticed I have given my above suggestions.
They are simply in monopolistic situation and treat subscribers’ as I have been cheated and robbed of my money . This is going to be a nuisance and modern day art of cheating unless TRAI intervenes and make sure incase of any wrong doings the operator is punished and subscriber is given its reward due and justice.
Kindly look into my previous complaint which is pending with you and necessary action must be taken. I have all Emails/ SMSs’ which I can provide you with a conviction so that they are punished in an exemplary manner.

This is my request as it pertains to whole lot of subscribers and an attempt also to unmask such novel looting methods.

C.C. TO;
HON’BLE UNION MINISTER FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS.

DIRECTOR GENERAL, MRTPC, NEW DELHI.
Mr.Sunil Bharti Mittal, 24.12.2006
Chairman,
4th Floor, Tower A, Unitech World,
Sec-39, Gurgaon.

Reference to my previous many e-mails sent to you in regards to the above mentioned complaint, I notice that nothing has happened or any positive step which you took in this regard.
I must at the same time congratulate you for striking a tie up with world renowned brand name “WAL MART “ for retail & other miscellaneous activities .
As you very well know WAL MART is a name which has stood test of time and stood by faith of millions of consumers world-wide . The name is created by giving due importance to the smallest of link / consumer and not by cheating or making money by use of cheap gimmicks . In the present fast changing era where consumer is the King and you people should also realize that total transparency is the key to growth . I was reading in the news paper article about the success storey of WALMART and gist of the Walmart success was just only that to TAKE CARE OF EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMER’S NEED that he should not leave their store unsatisfied . The result is in front of the world that WALMART became such a mammoth chain of retail strores. What would be the impression of WALMART if the come to know the poor satisfaction level of AIRTEL towards customers and in due course the will surely come to know about if when the matter is highlighted.
On the other hand in contrast I am very much peeved the way your officials have conducted in regards to my so many Email, reminders, requests and SMSs’ in context to the above mentioned subject. Is it a was to run away from obligations meant to be discharged to valued customers’ .
Atleast when I have sent so many mails to a Chairman of the company then at east I expect an assured reply and proper investigation. I have already reported the matter to Govt Of India, TRAI, MRTPC and shortly would convene press conference to expose your novel methods of cheating . I am the clearcut winner and my chances were marred by your own men and I hereby make sure that unless I am not given justice I am not going to sit silent.

Mobile Nbr[protected]

Regd.

The Director General (investigation & registration) 24.12.2006

REFF; My last letter dated 13.11.2006

Respected Sir,

With reference to the above mentioned subject and my previous letter dated 13.11.2006 in which I had highlighted about the Unfair /deceptive Trade practices carried out by M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd .

It is to be mentioned that I have been cheated, harassed and looted of my hard earned money by them by alluring me to play contests which were all together misleading with an aim to loot money in disguise .

There are several other subscribers those who are being cheated by such private mobile companies, TV shows by charging exorbitantly everyday . They are simply in monopolistic situation being big companies and taking the subscribers for granted.

Kindly initiate proceedings against them as per MRTPC laws so that justice can be delivered to me . I have with me all correspondence with me along with SMS which I kept getting from them in order to substantiate my case and can appear before the commission at an appointed date.

FOR KIND ATTENTION ; SH.G.R. MEENA

Reff; Your letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers.

Respected Sir,

I am in the receipt of your abovementioned letter and would like to thank you for taking up the matter with M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd. Haryana.

As you have directed them to investigate the matter effectively and provide you the findings in the matter within 15 days but it is seen and observed & as expected they have done nothing in this regard .

Infact it has been observed and practically been experienced by me that since they are a very big company and that is why they think they are beyond laws & out of reach of any regulations/ terms or any kind of law prevailing within telecom sector.

I have with me about 100 emails ( properly received by them ) and same number of SMSs’ to prove my point and guarantee you that I shall prove in front of you as to how they are cheating/looting honest subscribers in the disguise cheating methods .

They are in a monopolistic situation and always take refuge & shelter of PRIVACY NORMS of TRAI (they say as per TRAI privacy norms) . Does TRAI have such privacy norms in which real & genuine interests of subscribers are marred, I don’t think so because TRAI has always advocated for fair & Transparent approach to be adopted by cellular companies.

(2)

A time has really come that TRAI steps in and not only issues stringent warnings to mobile operators to act in a customer friendly manner, to have total transparent norms and if needed cellular companies be imposed heavy monetary fines / their license be suspended pending compliant till the final disposal of the case upto subscriber’s satisfaction.

Today SMS has become multi crore revenue generating tool for mobile operators in collusion with Television Channels, press, media & other multi national companies .It is highly desirable that a mechanism is made that mobile operators are answerable to subscribers or whom so ever concerned .

In my case I have not only been cheated of thousands of Rupees but it has caused me lot of mental restlessness, botheration and harassment and I want TRAI punishes them in an exemplary manner so that they start knowing the cost of cheating people, otherwise they will keep cheating / looting in similar manner with no shame of LAW of LAND and TRAI directions.
An early action is awaited from your side as I am very well convinced that they will go to any extent to tamper their records and to prove their point unless TRAI intervenes and seizes their records at an early date.

The Central Public Information Officer, 16.1.2007
Mahanagar doorsanchar Bhawan, Jawahar lal Nehru marg,
Old Minto road, New Delhi.-02

KIND ATTENTION; SH.A.K TIWARI.

REFF; YOUR LETTER NUMBER.324/64/2006-CA DTD 10.1.2007

I am in the receipt of your letter as stated above and I find that matters/ issues / inquiries raised by me have not been answered by you as desired under the R.T.I act, 2005 and I need further clarifications and letter from you supported by official notifications / laws / guidelines of TRAI.

To clarify you further that my complaint is already pending with TRAI vide their reference number.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.l2.2006 under the subject GENERIC COMPLAINTS OF BHARTI SUBSCRIBERS. As a matter of fact issue raised by me is very specific and TRAI has already issued letter to Bharti Airtel to investigate the matter and is a generic complaint .

It is again reiterated that as in continuation of my letter dtd 7.11.2006 the following clarifications supported by TRAI guidelines may be provided to me so that Incase of any eventuality of taking up the matter with consumer court the case is properly supported by TRAI norms / laws / guidelines . It is a modern day SMS menace and needs to be taken seriously by TRAI and all efforts must be ensured to protect consumer’s interests by you;

1) Kindly provide me the copy of regulations/ directions which are listed on TRAI website i.e WWW.trai.gov.in . as I don’t have much time to access internet.

Contd…….2

(2)

2) I have tried all possible manners contacting nodal officers, 121 help line, Appellate authority of Bharti Airtel Ltd., but either they have chose to remain silent or they probably want the matter to die on its own . I want to know does’t TRAI have enough powers to penalize, punish or suspend the license of such erring service providers those who cheat public like this.
3) I must know if the Generic complaint is under process of TRAI and in that case mobile service provider does not listen to TRAI or makes himself above law / TRAI, in that case I must be told specifically by TRAI that since TRAI is help less and you can go to Consumer Court only then I shall knock the door of any competent court of law .
4) It will be surprising if service providers start taking TRAI for granted in that case you can easily imagine what a small subscriber can do because they are such big companies . Then where is the social norm or message by TRAI that they do care about general public of INDIA.
5) TRAI can not keep sitting idle and keep letting on going cheating everyday in such SMS scams by such big mobile companies. Seems by your letter TRAI is too small a body in the eyes of service providers which has no plans, laws to protect consumers/ subscribers against such scams.

Can you say it with firm conviction on your end since TRAI has no laws, no contingency plans, no powers to protect consumers and you are free to approach consumer court . Kindly let me know the same so that I can approach consumer court after listening or reading your reply in this regard.

Regd/ a.d

Dy. Director General (PG), Room No. 1210,

Respected Sir,

I would like it to bring it into
your kind notice so that proper investigation can be
carried out by the Ministry & justice be done in
regards to Unfair / misleading and monopolistic
activities carried out by AIRTEL mobile company . I
hereby submit brief facts and would pray your good
self on behalf of me & millions of other subscribers
those who are everyday getting cheated by such false/
misleading / money laundering SMSs’ which we keep
getting everyday by luring us to play or use their
mischievous services . In fact offering contests on
Mobile phones has become a big booming business and
they don’t have any transparency method and in the
garb of TRAI guidelines which they say keep
cheating/looting the honest subscribers . Whenever we
tell them and if particular thing doest suit them and
then they say that they cant reveal as per TRAI norms/ telecommunication ministry act, whereas Ministry/ TRAI always advocates for Total
Transparency. I am 100% sure and confidant that all such contests
And games are rigged and they placate their favorites and mostly
They just cheat/loot the money in this way and get eloped.
Kindly make sure they are issued stringent warning in
this regard but kindly make sure too that I may be
given justice by them the way they have harassed and
looted money from me. They should be penalized for
their mischievous acts and public awareness campaign
should be there from the ministry so that subscribers
can be aware of this modern day cheating .
contd…2

Below mentioned are the facts and Incase be needed I
can appear in person with all e-mails & mobile text
messages which I have exchanged with them and vice
versa;

01)That AIRTEL started a contest called “FESTIVAL
DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER “ .In this contest they
offered a Ford fiesta car to the highest scorer.
02) The contest was open from 5th September 2006 till
12th October 2006 till 11.59 P.M.
03)That the call charges for this contest was Rs.6 per
minute.
04) That I started playing the contest vigorously and
with keen interest to win the Prize .
05) That I spent my precious time, money, energy and
brain to answer their questions .
06) That I kept receiving the SMS that my score was
in the Top highest group and play more to win the
contest. That on around 28th September 2006 I started
experiencing that whenever I used to dial the contest
number 64660, 646 the game would not start and it
reverted me back to main menu. I however kept trying
again and again but I was really shocked as to what
has happened why is this happening to me.

07) When I came back to nerves I realized that it is
something which is being done deliberately by
AIRTEL/ONMOBILE who are closely watching the contest
and the scores . The I got suspicious and frantically
sent SMS to 121, emails to 121 and email to
[protected]@onmobile .com .

08) That for few days there was no answer from anybody
and I kept crying and barking as by this time I had
started feeling that something has gone wrong
seriously and this nothing contest but to cheat public
who spend Rs.6 per minute and AIRTEL doest care to
listen.

CONTD……3

09) That I got a call from them and Ms.Savita was
calling and she said Sir, we are extremely sorry that
you are the only one who is experiencing such problem
and I would get back to you with a solution that You
can play the contest further, let me examine the
matter technically. She assured me that they will
compensate me if something wrong was from their side.
The again they went silent and I sent
10) about 100 emails to them ( I have record) & I
registered my complain to them on 121 as well.
11) Within few minutes after she called me and I
tried the contest it started playing
12) It is emphatically can be said that contest was
under regular watch and under close surveillance by
the Contest people to make or mar the chances of
genuine contestants & placate their own person to
make him win or it can also be taken as they loot the
money like this and since they don’t reveal the mobile
numbers of winners, may be it is another way of
grabbing money .
13) Again on the day i.e 12th October 2006 when the
last day the contest was to close they gain barred my
number at morning 8 a.m whereas the contest was open
till midnight. I sent them email at 8a.m but no reply
and respite came.
14) That I received a call from Ms.Savitha that the
highest contestant has scored 17, 00, 770 points so
since my score is very low so there is no chance that
you are winner. This contest was skill and effort
based and it needed a huge lot of concentration /
skill/ intelligence as well as money and enough time.

15) That I again told her that such high score is not
humanly possible and details may be made available to
details which they agreed that day but next day
Mr.Ashish denied that they cant provide me the
details.

Contd…..4

07) That their official address is ;
Bharti Airtel Limited
A Bharti Enterprise)
4th Floor, Tower A, Unitech world, cyber park sec-39 gurgaon(har)

Respected Sir, With abovementioned brief facts I
hereby lodge my formal complaint with you and pray
your good self that the entire scam and modus operandi
may be investigated in details because It is question
of trust with which I played the contest and they
looted me like this apart from regular fraudulent
activities they are carrying out by cheating other
subscribers. kindly investigate the matter and issue
directions or stringent warning to them to settle the
case with me.

Regd/a.d
To, The Section Officer, 31.1.2007

REFF; MY LAST LETTER DATED 8.1.2007

Respected Sir,

With reference to the abovementioned subject and correspondences exchanged with you in regards to my above complaint against M/S Bharti Airtel Limited and I would like to inform your good self that no reply or response has been received from them confirming their wrong doing in this regard.

Obviously they are big companies but I am sure they can not take TRAI regulations and directions for granted. You can easily imagine as to how much they must be harassing their subscribers .I have all emails / sms’s and other supporting documents to prove my point so that they can not run away from their rightful duties towards regulator and bona fide subscribers.

It is again requested that kindly look into the above matter and initiate action against them as per law for open defiance of TRAI directions for having failed to initiate suitable inquiry / probe into my complaint as desired by you.

(2)

Since they have cheated me and many other and they like with no fear of any law are everyday indulging in scams / cheating which makes it even more serious and such practice needs to be stopped as it involves public money.

I await your action in this regard.

C/C TO;
Sh.Narender Gupta,
Director legail & regulatory affairs,

Regd/a.d
To, The Section Officer, 03.02.2007

Respected Sir,

In regards to my previous mails in which I had explained that despite of your instructions Bharti Airtel have not cared to respond or look into my genuine matter as to how was I duped and cheated of my contest prize which I had won but since they played foul, my chances were marred because they wanted to placate their own people or may be they were just frauds & loot money by making public play costly SMS contests .

Sir, I would like to inform you that as to how much lucky can a person be in a country like India in which most of the people spend their life just to manage three square meals and proper shelter . Owning a car in India is still considered as a dream cum luxury but don’t worry if you have connections in AIRTEL mobile company you can be as lucky as a person whom I have come across during my investigation who has by best blessings of company has not only managed to win one car, not two cars but threeeee cars ( all top Brands i.e one is Mohindra Scorpio appx value Rs.8 lacs, second Maruti Swift appx value Rs.4 lacs, third Honda Civic Car appx value lowest model Rs.11.00 Lacs ) . I have done lot of investigation in this regard whatever I could do within my resources that just see the luck as to how much a person can be lucky who has managed three top brand cars worth Rs.23 lacs within a year. I sincerely wish everybody is as lucky as that fellow and life’s all problems will be solved . I had a similar dream but affluent people are always eating the cake of society.
Cotd…….2

(2)

The name of that so called lucky winner is a leading Charted Accountant Mr.Adesh Agarwal from Panipat . Mr.Sumit Aggarwal is his son but in photographs you can see same faces with two different cars . All faces are smiling, naturally the occasion is such but alas!!!
I am enclosing herewith photographs as a mark of proof and I would like that the matter be brought into the knowledge of senior officials of TRAI as I know TRAI is doing best efforts to bring more openness, bring transparency in the services of mobile operators and such large scale SMS business if not checked will keep filling the coffers of operators and poor public like me will keep getting cheated day after day.

I am sure TRAI has been empowered with sweeping powers to initiate action against such big brands and in all sincerity I have enough faith in TRAI that I will get the justice
At the soonest from your side . Day should come that mobile operators start behaving in a orderly and compassionate manner towards the subscribers but they always have a permanent excuse that since they are governed by TRAI laws / regulations and they can not reveal the Identity of winners or whatever details we ask from them.

There is a great nexus to be broken and erring operators must be fined exemplary and TRAI must make sure that the complainant gets his due justice otherwise people will stop having faith in TRAI as well if proper remedial checks/ measures are not imposed upon them .

Regd a/d

Sh.Narender Gupta, 5.2.2007
Sec-39, Gurgaon.

Reff; TRAI letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers & letter from Ministry of telecommunication no.13-47/2007-PG&I dtd 31.1.2007.
My reff; PREVIOUS LETTER DTD.7.1.2007

Your kind attention is drawn towards my above mentioned subject and the directions from TRAI & Ministry of telecommunication to effectively look into the matter but it is noted that as expected you have nothing to say or comment which very well signifies that either your wrong doing is established or AIRTEL places itself above law .

TRAI has directed your good self to look into matter and reply back within 15 days but the time has already been lapsed but there is no reply from your side. Seems you people have no fear or shame for constitutional functioning authorities and no feelings for hurting the sentiments of helpless subscribers.

It is a great matter of shame for the company and the C.E.O of AIRTEL, Sh.Sunil Bharti Mittal who has recently been awarded with a very prestigious award of the Nation.

Probably in India everything is manageable if you have money, power or resources as far as AIRTEL is concerned . I have recently come across the glaring example as to how far and how much can AIRTEL bestow upon its generosity in order to placate their own preferred people and upon the same matter I have been crying & barking like that some conspiracy took place when I was playing this context.

(2)

I would like to ask you that as to how much lucky can a person be in a country like India in which most of the people spend their life just to manage three square meals and proper shelter . Owning a car in India is still considered as a dream cum luxury but don’t worry if you have connections in AIRTEL mobile company you can be as lucky as a person whom I have come across during my investigation who has by best blessings of company has not only managed to win one car, not two cars but threeeee cars ( all top Brands i.e one is Mohindra Scorpio appx value Rs.8 lacs, second Maruti Swift appx value Rs.4 lacs, third Honda Civic Car appx value lowest model Rs.11.00 Lacs ) . I have done lot of investigation in this regard whatever I could do within my resources that just see the luck as to how much a person can be lucky who has managed three top brand cars worth Rs.23 lacs within a year.(photo graphs enclosed) I sincerely wish everybody is as lucky as that fellow and life’s all problems will be solved . I had a similar dream but affluent people are always eating the cake of society.

The moot question arises here & I don’t have any ill will or bad feelings for any particular person that how is it possible for a person to be three times lucky . Don’t you see that it is some handiwork of interested people within your establishment those who make or mar the genuine prospects of bona fide subscribers. Kindly ponder over the issue and tell me why and under what circumstances my phone was contest barred & issues raised by TRAI . Don’t you think that entire game was under constant surveillance from the very onset.
Contd…..3

(3)

Today SMS has become multi crore business on all fronts of life may be TV shows, Print Media or tele marketing or such useless contests which are highly aimed that your coffers keep getting filled and whereas real modus operandi is something else. My cause is set to open a Pandora box unless justice is not delivered to me.

It is again requested that my case be investigated, all records relating to contest be frozen and since I won the contest that is my firm conviction & justice be done to me. I have with me all documentary evidences with me to substantiate my case or Otherwise I will make sure that the case is taken up with all legal / statutory authorities of Govt Of India and will not even hesitate to take legal action against you .

Sh A.K Tiwari, 13.2.2007
Central Public Information Officer,
Old Minto Road, NEW DELHI.

REFF; YOUR PREVIOUS LETTER NBR;324/64/2006 CA DTD 10.1.2007.
MY REFF; LETTER DTD 16.1.2007.

This letter is in reference to my earlier previous letters regarding information sought under RTI act 2005 .

I had expressed my dissent vide my letter dtd 16.1.2007 that the information which was asked from TRAI under RTI Act was not sufficient, complete & as per desired contents of my letter dtd 22.11.2006 . I am still waiting for the reply for my letter dtd 16.1.2007 in which same issues were raised again for which original request under RTI ACT 2005 was sought.

As regards your letter no.324/64/2006 dtd 10.1.2007 I would like to reiterate that I may kindly be provided with the following ;

1) TRAI regulations / directions to protect consumer’s interest as listed on official web site of TRAI.
2) Reff to point no.3 of your above stated letter, does it mean that TRAI finds it self help less and shall keep seeing all kinds of wrong full acts of mobile operators and consumers’ grievances shall only be redressed by Consumer Courts . Kindly define that Can or can not TRAI act sternly to direct cellular operators to investigate the matter or face action. Is TRAI empowered or not on that aspect, kindly let me know. Knocking the door of competent consumer court is very easy but consumer must exhaust all available options before approaching the court in such regards because TRAI itself has enough powers to issue stringent directions and warnings to operators to settle the case with consumer .

(2)

3) Once I get to know that TRAI is help less and I get a letter from you showing your inability in this regard only then I shall move to consumer court.
4) As far as Para 2 of your letter to approach competent nodal officers, appellate authority or dedicated help line i.e 121 I would like to reiterate that I have exhausted all those channels but from them there was hardly any reply or satisfactory response.
5) TRAI has already written them letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006 directing them to investigate the matter but nothing has happened as yet . Kindly let me know under RTI ACT 2005 what are the further requisite actions available with TRAI in regards to violating the orders of TRAI by mobile companies..

Kindly treat this letter of my in continuation to my previous complaint and incase additional fee is necessitated to be tendered under RTI ACT, 2005, I may be kindly told so that fee can be paid.

It is reiterated since my original letter request under RTI act, 2005 was not replied properly, hence this letter and reminder .

It will be interesting to know as to who is regulating whom, whether TRAI or mobile companies those who have no respect for regulating authority.

To, The Section Officer, 20.02.2007

Sub; cheating/ scam done by AIRTEL during their contest called “ FESTIVAL
DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER” on my mobile number-[protected].

Last reff ; My last letter dtd 03, 02, 2007

Respected Sir,

With due regards it is being brought to your kind knowledge that there has been no reply or any sort of respite received from Bharti Airtel Ltd in regards to your letter nbr. 303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006 .
It is a great matter of concern for all o[censored]s that how can mobile operators defy the instructions of regulating authority as if they have no fear or respect for TRAI.
You can very well imagine that in what magnitude they must have been misinforming, looting and cheating the honest consumers of India . This is a great nexus between influential people and mobile companies which needs to be probed in a very extensive manner.
Kindly let me know what action will you initiate against them as they have violated the instructions of TRAI and have indulged in a grave public money laundering activity . If this trend keeps going unchecked, it will surely be a very big scam . TRAI is empowered to initiate action against them within the frame work and I am sure the time has come that TRAI steps in and initiate proper action against them .

(2)

I have already highlighted the matter to you vide my last letter dtd 03.02.2007 as to how they are cheating public and stage managing the contests to placate their own favorites and grab money in disguise methods & in some cases they just collect money without giving any contest prize . I had even sent you photographs also to prove my point.
Kindly let me know as being a citizen of India or this information may be treated as information sought under RTI ACT, 2005 as to what powers TRAI has if private mobile operator doest reply to directions / orders of TRAI to look into certain matters of consumers grievances. Kindly give me a date for personal hearing so that I can bring all papers / documents to show you that how I have been harassed, looted and tortured mentally by AIRTEL. In the fairness of the matter TRAI is kindly requested to give me a reply soonest otherwise it will be presumed that even TRAI is trying to side with AIRTEL for wrong cause and it will send a very bad message to everybody concerned and TRAI will loose its own credibility. Why should not a stringent action be carried out against AIRTEL it is question which is very much in my mind if TRAI has been empowered to enact various guidelines, regulations & other consumer grievance redressal mechanism .

Regd/ a.d

REFF; YOUR LETTER NO.13-47/2007-PG& I DTD 31.1.2007

With due regards it is being brought to your kind knowledge that there has been no reply or any sort of respite received from Bharti Airtel Ltd in regards to your letter nbr.13-47/2007-PG & I dtd 31.1.2007 .
It is a great matter of concern for all o[censored]s that how can mobile operators defy the instructions of regulating authority as if they have no fear or respect for Ministry .
Kindly let me know what action will you initiate against them as they have violated the instructions of Ministry / TRAI and have indulged in a grave public money laundering activity . If this trend keeps going unchecked, it will surely be a very big scam ..

(2)

Kindly let me know as being a citizen of India or this information may be treated as information sought under RTI ACT, 2005 as to what powers Ministry has if private mobile operator doest reply to directions / orders of ministry / TRAI to look into certain matters of consumers grievances. Kindly give me a date for personal hearing so that I can bring all papers / documents to show you that how I have been harassed, looted and tortured mentally by AIRTEL. In the fairness of the matter you are kindly requested to give me a reply soonest otherwise it will be presumed that even ministry is trying to side with AIRTEL for wrong cause and it will send a very bad message to everybody concerned and ministry will loose its own credibility.

It has been experienced by me that big private mobile companies don’t take matters & instructions of TRAI / Ministry seriously as they know they have advantage of being big and mighty . Kindly let me know what offence will it make if they don’t answer or reply your letter/ instructions and what action you can carry out against them.

Sh.Narender Gupta, 26.2.2007
Sec-39, Gurgaon.

It is really a matter of great concern that despite of several reminders to you and as well as letters to you from TRAI and as well as Ministry of telecommunications you have failed to respond in any manner which clearly proves the wrong doing of AIRTEL in the above stated subject . It is really shameful that a company with ISO certification and a company with such high value brand in the market takes consumers for granted.

Due to above matter and non concerning attitude of your whole management that none has cared to reply any of my several Emails/ Letters I am feely utterly depressed, cheated and mentally harassed . My children are also in the mental trauma situation because they only prompted me to play the contest and they are contemplating to write a letter in above regard to The President of India, The Prime Minister Of India, Chairman O[censored]PA Smt. Sonia Gandhi so that a true face of AIRTEL be revealed in front of everybody concerned.

In this regard I am sending the whole correspondence of entire scam with me and with other customers to the Head Offices of WALMART in the USA so that they may also know the real face of AIRTEL with which they are entering into strategic alliance which involves public faith, sentiments and as well as trust.
It is requested that I may be given justice and my due or otherwise I will be left with no alternative but to take stringent legal remedies against you .

MOBILE NBR[protected] (Vikram Chauhan

Sh A.K Tiwari, 26..2.2007
Central Public Information Officer,
Old Minto Road, NEW DELHI.

REFF; YOUR PREVIOUS LETTER NBR;324/64/2006 CA DTD 10.1.2007.
MY REFF; LETTER DTD 16.1.2007.
YOUR REFFERENCE; LETTER NBR.[protected]RTI DTD 20.2.2006

Refernce to your letter nbr.[protected]RTI dtd 20.2.2007, Please find enclosed herewith postal order(s) nbr. 59E 84138 for Rs.10 and P.O nbr.32 G 542236 for Rs.50 amounting to Rs.60 in favor of TRAI.

The above Postal orders are fee as directed by you to tender fee as prescribed under RTI act, 2005 and following information is needed in continuance to my previous letters in this regard ;
2) Kindly let me know what action is TRAI empowered to take / initiate if private mobile companies don’t adhere to TRAI’s letters / guidelines to investigate the matter in regards to consumers’ complaints redressal .
3) What action is possible against mobile companies if their nodal officers / appellate officers don’t respond to consumers grievances.

The Director General, 2.03.2007

Reff; my previous letter to you dated 11.11.2006

Respected Sir,

With reference to the above mentioned subject I would like to remind your good self that the above matter was brought in to your knowledge vide my letter dated 11.11.2006 .

After that TRAI issued a letter nbr . 303-1/2006-QoS (BTL) dtd. 18.12.2006 to Sh.Narender Gupta, Director Legal & Regulatory affairs of Bharti Airtel Ltd to address the matter effectively and provide the findings in the matter within 15 days from the date of issue of letter with a copy to the complainant .

It is deeply regretted that Bharti Airtel ltd has not bothered to reply to TRAI directions and also in this regard I have even personally reminded them by postal letters to file a reply with TRAI with a copy to me but of no avail.

It is interesting here to note as to how freely and without any fear of law they openly flaunt the directions of TRAI . It is however correct that they are big companies with lots of money power and resources at their backing and thus keep on cheating honest consumers / subscribers at their own monopolistic attitude. I have sent them at least 100 emails and so many reminders to effectively look into above matter but it is shocking they had no reply to justify themselves or prove me wrong at any stage .

(2)

I am sure TRAI is a very transparent authority with sweeping regulatory powers to take action against erring mobile operators those who don’t comply with TRAI directions to safeguard consumer grievances . Kindly let me know what are the powers vested with TRAI to take stern action against such erring / cheater mobile operators so that public faith reigns supreme in the mind of subscribers. Everyday I keep reading in the news papers about Manual of practice (MoP) to be implemented by operators but it seems it is merely a paper exercise and nothing is really working on ground.

I have sent so many emails to concerned nodal officers & appellate authority but hardly there was any convincing reply to prove that there was no scam or wrong doing by them . I have even sent photo(s) also to The section officer (QoS), TRAI vide my letter dtd.03.02.2007 to prove that how they have made a particular contestant win three luxury cars who is very affluent person of the society . Infact their modus operandi is to placate their own people those who have inroads into the establishment .

I have asked for personal hearing from you so that I can bring all supporting papers / documents to prove my point. At this stage a general impression is being created that even TRAI is taking side of AIRTEL instead of subscribers who are suffering everyday by playing disguise SMS contests .

It is again requested that since I have firm faith in TRAI and sincerely hope that a stringent action should be taken against them with exemplary punishment so that they stop cheating further . It is a modern era scam and unless TRAI doest intervene it will keep going on like this and honest subscribers shall be getting cheated by them every day .
I await your kind attention and prompt action in this regard.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 05.03.2007

Respected Sir,

With reference to the subject above mentioned and replied received by you on behalf of M/S Bhart Airetl Ltd., in which you have requested me to furnish suitable comments / reply along with documentary evidence within 10 days.

It is intimated that I have received your letter just today i.e 5th March 2007 at 3 P.M and It is assured on my behalf that suitable reply along with documents will be submitted to you on or before 15th March 2007.
IMPORTANT; MEANWHILE KINDLY LET ME KNOW YOUR MOBILE NUMBER AS WELL AS THE MOBILE NBR OF MR.AMIT KHERA, D.G.M(Legal services) as I would be forwarding the SMSs’ to you and Mr.Amit because there is no other way to preserve or present the SMSs’ Which I received from them . It is not possible to take out print of SMSs’ which are still stored in my mobile hand set.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 05.03.2007

Respected Sir,

As I am in the process of scrutinizing the details so that a consolidated reply can be put across to you. I have to kindly request your good self that as per enclosed letter You please kindly direct M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., to cooperate with me in this matter and needed details/ documents / may kindly be allowed to be sent to me directly or through DGIR urgently .

Kindly do the needful and oblige.

By hand .

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 15.03.2007

Respected Sir,

In reference to your letter nbr. C-157/2006/DGIR dtd.28.2.2007 in which your good-self has requested me to furnish my comments/ reply in regards to complaint made by me vide my letter dtd.13.11.2006 against M/S Bharti Airtel Limited for the unfair / misleading / deceptive/ fraudulent & monopolistic activities carried out in their contest called “ FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER” on my mobile number-[protected].

In this regard I hereby submit my reply Para- wise reply along with documentary evidence & with supporting Annexure(s) on the basis of reply tendered to you by Bharti Airtel Ltd., . It is once again reiterated that the contest was played by me keenly with a view that there will be total fairness, total transparency, absolute impartial attitude keeping in view towering brand name which M/S BHARTI AIRTEL LTD., commands in the telecom industry . At the very outset it looked things are being conducted in smooth manner but true hidden facts started coming in as I became serious about playing contest and then whole faith was shattered when I realized it is yet another modern day SMS money laundering contest cum scam in where honest subscribers get allured & get cheated heavily everyday.

Contd…2

(2)

I hereby submit as follows in lieu of reply received by you from M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd through Mr.Amit Khera D.G.M LEGAL( mobile services) vide their letter dtd. 18.1.2007 in which he has denied or accepted points raised by me in my letter dtd 13.11.2006 ;

1) It is strongly denied that contest was solely organized by M/S Onmobile Asia Pacific Pvt.Ltd (ON mobile) as the contest name in it self was named as “AIRTEL FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST and the offer was exclusively meant for all categories of cellular subscribers of Bhart Airtel Ltd. Had been OnMobile an independent authority to conduct the contest it would have been offered to other existing subscribers using other networks also . Term & condition no.7 mentions that incase of any query or complaint any subscriber can contact On Mobile at[protected] or can alternatively email at [protected]@onmobile.com. There was no mention of www.onmobile.com anywhere in the terms & conditions and everything in regards to this contest were very much available on the website i.e www.airtel.in and it is annexed as Annexure-1 for your ready reference which was downloaded from the official web site of AIRTEL .
Kindly go through site http://www.airtel.in/contest.jsp in which it is amply clear that AIRTEL only sponsored all such contests . Annexure- A annexed if read carefully conditions like 15, 19, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28 do clearly indicate that AIRTEL was fully involved. Kindly read condition 29 in which it is clearly mentioned “The present offer is administered by Onmobile, what does it signifies” ? Surprisingly enough to raise the doubts further there is mention of contests like 1) June Joy Ride contest 2) Airtel May dhamaka 3) Airtel Movie Hangama 4) Auction Ulta pultha 5) Airtel Play for India contest. 6) New Year Bumper Contest 7) Best of 2006 contest 8) Valentines Day contest in which they use 646 as access code but Suspiciously FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER finds no mention here, but why a question worth asking, whereas Auction Ultha Pultha was held much later than this contest in dispute.
In my opinion Onmobile is just an eyewash subsidiary of M/S Airtel, . Merely by disassociating & avoid any unsolicited aftermaths M/S BHARTI AIRTEL LTD can not get away from its own responsibilities for a fair conduct.
A SMS received below mentioned again confirms that the contest was being run
By AIRTEL ;
“YOUR SCORE IS 630. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING AIRTEL FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST . PLAY AGAIN TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING “ SENDER 646 ; SENT 12;58;10 PM DTD 07/09/2006 “

contd…3

(3)

It is interesting to note even if it is presumed OnMobile was the sole organizer of the contest but the moot question arises under which law, under which act of TRAI, under what circumstances AIRTEL divulged the data base of existing AIRTEL subscribers . Is’t a breach of security and a matter of national security that they provide names, numbers of their subscribers . That means they violated the national security measures and breach of trust of millions of subscribers by providing vital information to M/S Onmobile, it is a sheer violation of all laws under the existing laws for which even our Hon’ble Supreme court has issued stringent orders regarding privacy policy from time to time.
Even if you take a closer look at the terms & conditions you will find that AIRTEL has used its name i.e AIRTEL / Onmobile as per their own convenience to suit them as per desires. M/S Bharti Airtel ltd ., in my firm opinion orchestred the whole contest this is beyond doubts.

2) The contents of reply para 2 of M/S Airtel are not denied .

3) Para 3 of reply of M/S Bharti Airtel ltd., are firmly denied and I have sufficient proof to substantiate that on many occasions I received SMSs’ from AIRTEL that your score is in TOP group, play more to increase your chances of winning . Even on the date i.e 12.10.2006 when the contest was due to close I got SMS in which it was mentioned that I was in top group. To prove this I need a mobile number of you so that the SMSs’ can be forwarded to you as well. The text of message(s) is mentioned below ;

Contd…..4

(4)

a) “Thankyou for playing September festival contest! Yor score is in top group. Score more & make highest points to win FORD! CALL 64640 ! CONTEST CLOSES TODAY !
From ; 646 12;06 pm 12/10/06
b) Thank you for playing September festival contest ! yor score is in top group. Score more & make highest points to win FORD!
Call 64640!contest closes oct.12
From 646 1;20pm 10/10.06
c) Thankyou for playing September festival contest! Yor score is in top group.score more & make highest points to win FORD!
Call64640 contest closes oct.12
From 646 5;53 pm 9/10/06
d) Thankyou for playing September festival contest! Yor score is in top group.score more & make highest points to win FORD!
Call64640 from 646 7;40 pm 4/10/06

These vital SMS(s) are still stored in my mobile, it is kindly requested that my evidence in this regard may be recorded immediately because you never know when data gets corrupted or whatever as I am still using AIRTEL connection . or give me your mobile number so that same can be forwarded to you being evidence .

An Annexure-2 in the form notary attested affidavit on is enclosed herewith in which it has been detailed as on which dates SMS’s were received by me on my mobile nbr;[protected] along with text. The email sent by me which has been referred having sent by me is just one of hundreds of email sent by me . The emails sent by me are annexed herewith as Annexure-3 which are very well explained as to how much torture I have gone through having played this contest. As a matter of fact everybody at AIRTEL concerned where mails were sent decided to keep shut on this matter because of the reason they just thought matter will die down on its own .

Cotd…5

(5)

4) Yes, it is admitted that during the period in question (i.e 28th September and onwards ) when problem started occurring I had latched on to codes 646, 64640 ( I never latched on to sub code 646602 & there was no sub code to be dialed as 646602 in their offer letter/ terms & conditions ) on several number of times with a hope that computer will start playing the game but it was all in vain because whenever I latched on to 646 & 64640 it never used to take me to question / answer mode but it used to go till the initial introductory lines like welcome to contest, which language will u chose, then it used to say by playing this contest you have agreed to terms & conditions etc after that it used to tell me about my current score, it also used to mention about scoring pattern as to which keys to click and much more . In fact this whole introduction and telling about contest playing method was very tardy and lengthy which used to take more than two-three minutes and after that it used to go into contest playing mode where computer would ask questions to be replied by pressing right keys as per question asked. To ascertain this fact You can ask AIRTEL to play the game in front of you and you can verify if I am telling lies or not. It was frustrating for me and in disgust I kept trying trying and trying in order so that game can be started but it never happened, which aroused my suspicion . When I failed to play contest I started sending them Emails and lodged my complaints with 121 dedicated help line of AIRTEL . First Email to this effect was made to AIRTEL on 3.10.2006 (copy enclosed) . As a matter of fact I felt so badly cheated, depressed that I have spent so much money ( Rs.6 per minute) and this treatment is being given to me by not replying even a single mail. Complete set of emails sent to them have been annexed as per Annexure 3 as above mentioned.
I can still challenge the full cycle of introductory lines can not be completed in a minutes time after that you are eligible to play the game. In another words it proves me right that how desperately I tried the game to be started and kept latched on unsuccessfully at 646, 64640 for such longer duration. Log details annexed under Annexure-c for my case have not been sent by them fully for which I have made a request already to send me full period log details.

Cotd….6

(6)
You can very well see that period in question i.e 28th and onwards despite of fact I latched on 646 & 64640 my score remained jammed from 28.09.2006 till 8.10..2006 till game started playing once again on / after 8th 2006( read my email dtd 8.10.2006) . Merely latching on 646, 64640 does’t reflect that the contest was in playable mode and in fact this was the beauty & modus operandi of think tank who rigged the contest mid-way. My emails are enclosed being Annexure-C in which I have begged and cried in front of AIRTEL people to look into matter . I being a average middle class person could’t afford to get cheated like this and my children were also shocked and in a state of trauma because it was them only who prompted me to play contest and try winning a car .
The precious time was lost already and the purpose of contest managers was solved in a meticulous manner . In fact it was such a fine act of cheating or you can say marring the chances of eligible winners and it can be termed as modern day modern day gadget cheating / scam where all controls are in their hands and they can make or mar chances of anyone without being caught. During this time I became wreck and resolved myself that come what may however power-full or big company AIRTEL may be they will not be spared unless justice is delivered to me by all legal/ statutory authorities of Govt.Of India which are fair and impartial towards subscribers’ genuine complaints.
Apprehensions raised by me are true, genuine and correct in its nature the way entire contest became scam . Had It been a genuine contest then why did it take so many days that AIRTEL/ ONMOBILE people could’t sense that something wrong has happened with the contest being jammed . I think my Emails will explain all my helplessness & trauma which I have gone through .I have sent about 100 emails and so many messages at 121 but there was stoic silence as if they were trying to cover up whole scenario. In this regard I had conversation with Ms.Anju ( mobile nbr.[protected], on 17.10.06 at 1.11P.M, mobile nbr.[protected] at 10.31 AM, [protected] on[protected] at 8.48 PM) and like parrot kept repeating my apathy but of no avail because contest had already closed on 12.10/2006 . I got a call from Ms.Savitha on 18.10.2006 at 4.11 P.M from nbr.[protected] and same matter was discussed and she assured me something but of no avail because contest period expired on 12.10.2006 .
Contd….7

(7)

Infact Savitha had called me earlier too and she knew everything that I was not able to latch and If I am not wrong about date I got a call from Ms.Savitha on 8.10.[protected] to confirm that now you can play the game as they have activated game on my number .On 26.10.2006 I got one call from Mr.Ashish Mehta from mobile nbr.[protected] and he listened to me carefully and assured all possible help and promised me he will call next day after talking to Ms.Savitha . He even assured my in order to satisfy me he will provide me all data but on 27.10.2006 he took u-turn and said providing data is no possible .Process might be mechanical or whatever but I am of strongest conviction that the contest was under scanner, under surveillance and scores were under constant watch by interested parties within AIRTEL establishment in order to placate their own favorite person by hook and crook.

This is a matter of larger investigation as to who would have been benefited out of rigging the contest but please read my letters annexed as Annexure-4 which have been written to TRAI (Telecom regulatory authority of India) which is self explanatory in which I have attached even photographs also as a mark of proof that it amply proves if you are rich, resourceful and have connections within AIRTEL management then you can manage as much as you can dream of . Brilliance has probably become pocket borough of rich and resourceful & then you can win not one or two but three top luxury car models of INDIA.

Sir, Kindly go through the enclosed pictures annexure-4 and you will see all senior executives of M/S BHARTI AIRTEL LTD., smiling and handing over the keys of cars on three different occasions to one person / his son only . How can it happen unless management is not involved in rigging and placating their own favorites. Senior executives like sales head (Haryana) Mr.Dharmender Khajuria is seen giving keys to same person & his son . The pictures and name of winners have been downloaded from the official web site of AIRTEL.

Contd…..8

(8)

ALSO, IT AMPLY MAKES CLEAR THAT WHOLE CONTEST WAS HANDIWORK / MASTERMINDED BY AIRTEL ONLY, YOU CAN SEE ALL BANNERS OF AIRTEL BEHIND ALL PHOTOS . AIRTEL CAN NOT GET THE ADVANATGE OF BEING OUT OF PICTURE AS IT IS AIRTEL ONLY WHICH IS GUILTY, CHETAERS AND WORTH PUNISHABLE UNDER THE PRESCRIBED LAWS BECAUSE THEY PLAYED WITH SENTIMENTS OF HONEST SUBSCRIBERS IN SUCH WAY.

Luck never gives opportunities to commoners like us and it is resourceful people those who eat the cake of opportunities available within. A normal person can not buy one small car whole life but see the Pandora of Luck that cars worth Rs.23 lacs were bagged by one person & his son only and in just one year.

It is not the question of altering the scores of top two/three contestants but it is a question of providing equal level playing ground field. Was I playing their contest for free that I be deprived of all available opportunities, a small person like me with meager resources took the courage and AIRTEL people snatched away my chances in a ghastly manner. I have annexed an affidavit as Annexure-2 in which I have tendered affidavit that even on 12.10.2006 ( due date for closure of contest ) I got an SMS which reads as follows;

Thankyou for playing September Festival Cointest! Yor score is in Top group . Score more & make highest points to win FORD!
Call 64640! Contest closes TODAY!
From;646
12;06pm 12.10.2006”

Sir, the above SMS does prove that I was amongst top most scorer on the date i.e 12.10.2006 ( date of closure of contest) despite being the fact that my 8 golden days were snatched away by AIRTEL by locking the contest from my mobile. Since I was playing the game with a spirit to win they got worried and indulged in this scam . The list annexed as annexure-E is just nothing but bogus, fictitious and a pack of doctored figures . Since they have control in their hand and have most modern soft wares of the world, figures can be doctored in any possible way .

Cotnd…..9

(9)

5) As it has amply become clear from my above mentions that terms & conditions have been laid down in an ambiguous manner to suit their own whims . AIRTEL/ ONMOBILE words have been repeated many times making it more apparent that two are the two different sides of the same coin. In all possible manners several emails were sent to Onmobile as well and to AIRTEL also . How can AIRTEL do away from its responsibility whereas We are paying our bill directly to AIRTEL . I did not pay money to ONMOBILE but money was directly paid to AIRTEL to play the contest .
Annexure –F too is speaks lie to the extent role of Bharti was limited to communicating the list of eligible subscribers . Play for India Contest(annx-5) clearly mentions that “offer is organized by/ presented by Bharti Airtel Ltd (AIRTEL)”
Question arises is any service provider competent to give list of Subscribers to any XYZ company under the law with which they have no connection. That means they have breached the essence of trust which very well implies that AIRTEL can leak out any number, information or even TAP the phone to any anti-national elements too. If AIRTEL/ ONMOBILE are two unknown identities then why did they take risk by providing such important data to ONMOBILE . If onmobile is solely responsible for selection and delivery of the Prize then please kindly look at the Annexure-G where all top functionaries of AIRTEL busy handing over the keys of CAR to the so called lucky winner. Annexure-5 annexed by me also proves the same point that AIRTEL was the nodal authority and this fact can not be denied after seeing these photos. There are no such prevailing privacy laws of TRAI which stops operator from being transparent & fair in its actions / duties towards subscribers. Question arises hypothetically if AIRTEL was not involved in any such contest then what was the Interest involved between AIRTEL & On Mobile . Was AIRTEL doing just social services to provide the list which is beyond anybody’s belief .

Contd….10

(10)

6) It is submitted that in above Para(s) it has been amply been explained already and there is no reason that AIRTEL can deny on any of my stand which I have taken. By mere publishing or by just making them news can not absolve AIRTEL from there wrong doings .

8 & 9) I was informed by Ms.Savitha ( tele;[protected] on dtd 25/10/2006 at 6.48 P.M that highest scorer had scored 17 lakh points and I had immediately challenged such high score because in normal human circumstances scoring of 17 lakh points is not possible . She told me that she will call me after 20 mnts after re confirming but she never called again. Arithmetically this high score may sound correct but in normal human conditions it is just impossible keeping in view practicalities like time, money and deep concentration of mind involved . It is a skill game, it is a game of concentration, it is a game in which a contestant gets physical / mental exertion also .

On close scrutiny of call records / log data entries ( Annexure-I) it has been observed that mobile number[protected]mobile nbr of assumed top scorer) had an access to yet another exclusive secret sub code ; 646602 which was no where mentioned in any of TERMS & CONDITIONS of the contest . IT IS TO BE NOTED THAT WHATEVER THE SECRET ACCESS CODE WAS SPECIALLY DEDICATED TO HIM TO GIVE HIM EXTRA MILEGAE OR SCORE SWEEPINGLY BUT YET GLARING FACT IS THAT 646602 ACCESS CODE USED BY HIM WAS FREE OF CHARGES FOR HIM . IT NOT ONLY VIOLATES THE CLAUSE THAT CALL CHARGES WILL BE RS.6 / PM FOR THE CONTEST BUT ALSO MAKES HIM SPECIAL THAT SUCH A FREE TREAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM .KINDLY GO THROUGH PAGE NBR.49, 50, 51, 58, 61, 63, 64, 80, OF ANNEXURE-I IN WHICH HE HAS HEAVILY USED THIS SECRET ACCESS CODE i, e 646602 JUST FOR FREE, WITHOUT ANY CHARGES annexed herewith as Annexure 6. You can very well imagine the largesse extended to such favorite contestant of AIRTEL. It is clear cut violation of the contest and strict action should be initiated for such foul play against the organizers of the contest.

Contd…11

(11)

As earlier mentioned that on closure date I was intimated through SMS that I was in the TOP GROUP then how can they take u-turn and whereas I had already lost precious days when my contest was barred from my number.

It is brought to your knowledge that the date of closure of contest was 12.10.2006 and on scrutiny of the records it has come to my notice that the so called assumed TOP SCORER[protected] kept playing the contest on 64640 even after 12.10.2006 .

I HAVE SUFFICIENT PROOF WITH ME THAT[protected] WAS ALLOWED TO PLAY THE CONTEST( on sub code 64640) MUCH AFTER THE DUE DATE i.e after 12.10.2006 . Can anybody in AIRTEL answer me why was he given such special treatment, why such favoritism shown to him that as per incomplete statement received till 22/10/2006 he was still playing the contest by latching on 64640 and he has heavily used this access code after 12.10.2006 (read page nbr. 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 of detailed billing supplied by AIRTEL itself. ) refer Annexure H & I, here annexed as Annexure 7.

…….why my number was barred on 12.10.2006 at 8 AM whereas time open was till 11.59 PM. On my mobile the contest was barred on 12.10.2006 in the morning at around 8 A.M for which I had mailed them on that moment also but like helpless I kept weeping and crying but of no avail.

Cotd…..12

(12)

JUST SEE THE LUCKY PERSON WHO WAS GIVEN THIS ACCESS PRIVILEDGE TO KEEP PLAYING CONTEST TILL HIS SATISFACTION . IN ANOTHER WORDS ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS WERE PUT ASIDE TO PLACATE THIS CONTESTANT i.e[protected]. As per statement which is not complete till page 88 i.e till 22/10/2006 he played contest as if he ruled the wits of AIRTEL contest managers . I have yet to get statement from airtel after that period also which is awaited.

I have received duplicate statement of the calls made and statement called per call report for AIRTEL made by assumed winner ([protected]) and I find glaring discrepancies between the two when compared / scrutinized ;
a) Per call statement features dates in a random manner and not in date wise statement like detailed calls statement . It is clear dates have been inserted in between in the per call statement just see the pattern and how erratically past dates keep repeating …..like, 6/9/2006, 7/9, 8/9, 10/9, 11/9, 12/9 then again 6/9, 7/9, 6/9, 7/9, 6/9, 8/9, 9/9, 10/9, 8/9, 9/9, 12/9, 8/9 like wise. It shows tempering of data . Nor does it show score scored on such occasion which has been cleverly hidden . Where are the dates like 13/9, 14/9, 15/9, 16/9, 17/9, 20/9, 21/9, 22/9, 23/9, 24/9, 25/9, 26/9, 27/9, 28/9, 29/9, 30/9 gone missing in per call report whereas detailed billing shows frequent latching on 64640.
Detailed billing shows no call was made on 646/64640 after 9/10/2006 but I find per call report shows 646/64640 latch on 10/10, 11/10, 12/10/2006 . It is clearly established that record / data was being tempered / doctored in a clandestine manner which would have surely benefited someone management wanted to placate. ANNEXED AS ANNEXURE-8

Contd…13

(13)

After very close scrutiny of the detailed billing calls of assumed top scorer (mobile nbr.[protected], It is very important here to highlight the fact that so called TOP SCORER latched on to 646, 64640 on hundreds of occasion but the duration of latch on most of the occasions was between 30 seconds to 3 minutes . About 90% of the latch is of this pattern which suggests that assumed top scorer has been latching on 646, 64640 for the sake of making entries in the detailed billing, whereas for such short duration no score is possible because about initial 2-3 minutes are just consumed to get the game started or one can say contest comes to actual play mode after 2-3 minutes ., Only then it is possible to click right keys in orderly manner to get the score increased .

The latch pattern on 646, 64640 shows that only for the sake of filling the entries the assumed top scorer kept latching otherwise in this pattern it is absolutely impossible to enhance your scores. I know every minute detail of this contest and that’s why I am saying it to you with so much firm conviction .In order to prove this I would kindly request your good self that you please kindly order AIRTEL to physically demonstrate the method of entering into contest and you will realize that it is a massive cover up exercise and just nothing .

Amount charged per call shows most of the calls made on 646 & 64640 were charged on most of the occasions was
ranging between Rs.6, 12, 18, 24. Practically I think it is impossible that any scores can be added if contest is played in such erratic & gingerly manner. Just by latching frequently for a shorter duration adds practically no score . One has to be very very constant in playing with long duration of latch incase scores are to be added . Moreover out of every ten question asked success rate is 80% for a vigilant contestant . A computer can not deliver more than ten questions in a minute and during that minute you have to listen the question and press the right click. You can not keep pressing keys just to enhance scores but one has to listen the question asked with concentration. Questions were volleyed in a random fashion .

Contd…..14

(14)

Once again it is reiterated that it is a skill game and needs lots of hard work with proper concentration with true brain storming. This contest is not a lottery/ jackpot or gimmick that it shines with luck.

In another words the contest was thoroughly rigged, it was pre planned, it was just to placate their own favorite contestant.
The contest was unjust in spirits as different yardstick were used and it was totally against the spirits of the terms & conditions .
Actual usage amount can be compared when full billing details are available and then compared. The comparison of Rs.67, 036 versus Rs.11, 756 is totally misleading, confusing and baseless, whereas comparison can be made only when other relevant parameters have also been properly meted out . There are many chinks in their armor and more I get details more guilt will come out as far as AIRTEL is concerned.

10) Admitted .

Sir, with above mentioned details I conclude my answer in regards to denials or acceptances made by Bharti Airtel Ltd in response to my complaint to you. The above matter has been carefully studied and scrutinized by checking documents enclosed by AIRTEL themselves . Most of other revelations are based on actual sufferings, experiences happened to me .

Without realizing or anticipating the further fallouts of the matter by AIRTEL, I have sufficient reasons to re-affirm that they have indulged in unfair trade practice / false / misleading claims & misleading the facts, unfair & deceptive trade practices and they need to be booked under law as prescribed under MRTPC act.

Contd…..15

(15)

In the same matter I had complained to TRAI and Ministry of telecommunications . TRAI in its letter nbr.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd.18.12.2006 had directed M/S Bharti Airtel ltd., to address the matter effectively within 15 days . Even TRAI found my complaint substantive in nature which needed in-depth scrutiny. It is regretted that Bharti Airtel Ltd., have failed to submit a reply in this regard even to TRAI within stipulated time . Many reminders have been sent to them by me and TRAI but since they are guilty and they are trying to evade any unpleasant situation that will be created once they file their written reply . TRAI has issued similar instructions to AIRTEL in regards to concern raised by many other subscribers those who have been cheated on similar or other accounts.

The matter was complained to Ministry of telecommunications also and they have also directed them vide their letter no.13-47/2007-PG&I dtd 31.1.2007 for proper redressal of my grievance but as expected they have failed to file a reply in this regard.
Complete correspondence with TRAI and Ministry of telecommunications is annexed herewith as Annexure-4 .

It seems M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., has no fear or shame for regulatory authorities, ministry of telecommunications and as well as other legal authorities of Govt. Of India which are in our country to provide justice to all concerned .

You can very well assume what will be the plight of poor subscriber who is taken as non identity in the eyes of such mega mobile companies. I have sent many emails / letters to the Chairman of M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd, Sh. Sunil Mittal but nothing has happened .

The real purpose of AIRTEL to offer such contest, lottery, game of chance or skill, is basically for the purpose of promoting, directly or indirectly, the sale, use or supply of their various products for their business interest & collect crores of rupees by wrongful monopolistic means.

Contd….16

(16)

Today SMS contests, TV shows contests, game shows, news contests have become multi billion rupee industry . Exorbitant rates per sms are charged but hardly there is any transparency in the conduct because such small matters nobody takes seriously . I think time has come Govt.of India, TRAI & Ministry intervenes and directs all of them to make the whole affair totally transparent and beyond anybody’s suspicion

Sir, It is kindly requested that kindly go through my above reply along with relevant annexure and supporting correspondence made by me at various levels during / and after the date of contest .

It is matter of higher moral grounds to be probed that such ISO certified companies with such high reputation do get lured away in pursuit of collecting money by organizing contests which are no where near to the truth or meets subscribers’ aspirations.

Subscribers’ basically play Contests to win prizes which he/she can not buy/ purchase out of his/her normal life’s financial portfolio but little do they realize that they are just a tool whereas fate of actual beneficiary is already decided at top level by think-tanks of the management..

There is no motive on my part to harass the company as alleged by AIRTEL and nor my contentions are frivolous that my greed is much bigger than my own self esteem .

Cotd…..17

(17)

It is prayed, that as per laws under the MRTPC act proceedings may be initiated against M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., for violations like cheating / misrepresentation / unfair trade practice / tampering with facts & figures and records along with unlawfully playing with public faith .
In this regard I claim that I was the righteous victor of the above contest & contest prize
. I file my claim to Bharti Airtel Ltd as follows ;
1) CONTEST PRIZE i.e FORD FIESTA CAR .
2) COMPENSATION OF RS.25 LAC RUPEES ON ACCOUNT OF HARASSMENT, MENTAL TORTURE, MY BAD HEALTH, MY LOSS OF IMAGE IN SOCIETY / FRIENDS, MENTAL & PHSYCHOLGICAL TRAUMA THROUGH WHICH I HAVE UNDERGONE FROM LAST SIX MONTHS . MY CHILDREN AND MY ENTIRE FAMILY HAVE ALSO UNDERGONE THROUGH HELL THE WAY COMPANY LIKE AIRTEL CHEATED US OF OUR DUE.
My precious working days and hours have been wasted on playing and then bringing matter in to all Government Authorities .
Winning or losing in life is a constant process but one gets hurt deeply when you come to know the real inside conspiracy by such reputed brand names.
EVEN THE CHAIRMAN OF AIRTEL WHOM I WROTE MANY LETTERS / EMAIL DID’T BOTHER TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER .
There is no truth & rational in the reply tendered by Bharti Airtel ltd., and their reply fails miserably on merits . I have firm faith in you and would kindly request your good self to decide the matter on the merits urgently because it involves lot of my efforts & hard work apart from this it is a matter of public interest also where millions of subscribers participate in such contests without realizing the actual motive behind it.

Encl; as above .

FOR KIND ATTENTION ; SH.G.R. MEENA

In regards to above mentioned subject and your instructions thereof to M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., vide YOUR LETTER NO.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL)Dtd 18.12.2006. I would like to inform your good self that there has been no reply from Bharti Airtel Ltd ., in regards to redressal of my complaint regarding cheating / scam and money looting done to me by way of contest in which sole aim was to loot money, cheat subscribers and give the prize of contest to their favorite people .

It is really shocking that mobile companies don’t consider TRAI’s directions as serious . What message will it send to me or millions of subscribers that whether TRAI is more powerful or M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., . I have got no reply from Bharti Airtel as yet and it is almost three months now that you issued them letter.

Kindly let me know what action will you initiate or what is TRAI empowered to take action incase mobile companies don’t respond, reply to your own letters. You see, general message which is going in subscribers is that mobile companies since they are big, resourceful can do anything under this earth and usually think TRAI is just nothing but a body which is spineless in their opinion the way they easily take TRAI for granted.
I await your reply .

Regd A/D

Sh.Narender Gupta, 18.3.2007

PREVIOUS REFF; MY EARLIER LETTER DTD.26.2.2007

On directions received by you from Ministry of Telecommunications and TRAI to effectively look into my matter, it is already many months now but it is seen that you are not keen/ interested about looking in to my matter which otherwise proves that cheating / scam took place .

I am eagerly awaiting your reply so that I can initiate my action further because I have with me sufficient proofs to expose AIRTEL in this regard as to how they cheat subscribers in such novel manners .

It will be in the interest of the matter if you could kindly file your reply in this regard to above authorities . AIRTEL can not be above law so that it starts taking Ministry and TRAI for granted.

An early action will be appreciated.

Respected Linda Clarke, 22.3.2007
Executive secy.,
To Chairman cum C.E.O Bharti Airtel Ltd.

Respected Linda Clarke,

I have just recently received an Email from Sh.Amit Khera D.G.M (legal) Mobiles services that you have probably told him that I have sent many emails to you to be put up in front of Sh.Sunil Mittal, C.E.O, Bharti Airtel Ltd., .

As a matter of fact you must be remembering the matter was purported to be brought into the knowledge of Sh.Sunil Mittal during the time when I started feeling that some wrong doing has happened . During that time I sent many Email (s) to the C.E.O, Many letters and as well as many Email(s) to you so that at least you could take things seriously
me and save your company for embarrassment

Regd A/D
Sh.Amit Khera, 26.3.2007
D.G.M., (Legal, Mobile Services),
JIL tower II, 3rd Floor,
Plot No.78, Instuitional area,
Sector-18 Gurgaon-122001

SUB ; CHEATING / SCAM DONE BY AIRTEL. ON MOBILE NBR;[protected]-AIRTEL FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST !!!
REFF; YOUR LETTER NO. NIL DTD JAN 18, 2007 – REGARDING PRELIMINARY
INVESTIGATION UNDER SECTION 11(2) of the MRTP act .
YOUR REFF; YOUR LETTER DTD March 20, 2007

Dear Mr.Amit Ji,

I am in the receipt of your letter dated March 20, 2007 and have gone through the contents written therein .
I had requested your good-self to provide me the following documents not in addition to your consolidated reply given by you to Asst Director General (DGIR) rather I had asked for missing parts of annexure as I had noticed few very important / revealing statements were missing out of Annexure(s) annexed as C, D, H & I which made annexure(s) pretty vague . Anyhow since you did not send the desired statements it made amply clear that there was some serious attempt on your part to hide few important information’s, hence I had to file my reply on the basis of what DGIR had directed me to file my reply in the above matter. It would be again requested that following information’s / statements may be either sent to DGIR or directly to me ;
1) DETAILED BILL OF MOBILE NBR ;[protected] FOR THE PERIOD 08/08/2006 TO 07/09/2006 AND FROM 8/10/2006 TO 07/11/2006 . ( the contest began on 5-9-2006 and closed on[protected] at 11.59 P.M, I need statements for this missing period for which you have not annexed along with annexure)
2) USER LOG SUMMARY/ PERCALL REPORT OF MOBILE NBR.[protected] FOR THE PERIOD
05/09/2006 TO 30/09/2006 AND FROM 06/10/2006 TO 30/10/2006.( you have sent me user log / per call report for[protected] to[protected], whereas I need this report for entire duration and little further i.e till 30/10/2006)
3) DETAILED BILLING OF MOBILE NBR; [protected] FROM 23/10/2006 TO 22/11/2006. (it is important to mention that so called assumed winner kept playing contest much after the date of closure of said contest, contest closed on 12.10.2006 but statements provided by you till [protected] in it-selves speak that he was playing the contest much after the date of closure of the contest i.e on[protected]
4) PER CALL REPORT/USER LOG SUMMARY OF MOBILE NBR; [protected] FROM 01/09/2006 TO 30/11/2006. ( as the assumed top scorer played much after[protected] i.e date of closure, it becomes pretty necessary to have per call/ user log summary for the period 1/09/2006 till 30/11/2006)
Contd……2

(2)

It is question worth asking, there has been no mention in user log summary about scores scored by me or by the assumed Top scorer on every occasion whenever me or assumed top scorer latched on 646, 64640 or 646602 . In-fact 646602 was never latched by me as it was no where mentioned but assumed top scorer amassed points by latching on this 646602 number at that too FREE-OF-COST, what an act of generosity . Keeping in view the above glaring discrepancies above information is still needed and kindly do the favor by providing this missing information’s out of incomplete annexed annexure(s) referred as C, D, H, & I. As there is a very relevant quote here which goes like “ figures won’t lie, liars will figure” . Per call statement versus points scored statement is needed from you as well.

Regarding, your submission about your license agreement between AIRTEL and Ministry of Telecommunication, Govt. Of India “ the company is obliged to safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of information of every subscriber “ I am absolutely of this view point that privacy and confidentiality factor of each n every subscriber should utmost & supreme . Your own reply has helped me to vindicate my stand in this regard for which I have been crying and begging since last 6 months in front of AIRTEL that under what circumstances you compromised with the license agreement between AIRTEL and Ministry of Telecommunication, Govt. Of India that you shared the most valuable list of subscribers to unknown company(as you say) called ONMOBILE with which you have no connections regarding contest . You have vehemently denied on past several occasions that AIRTEL had no connection with Festival Dhamaka Contest then what was the need or urgency that you shared such vital information with OnMobile . Kindly read annexure F which is submitted by Nodal Officer which reads as “ The role of Bharti Airtel Limited was limited to communicating the List of eligible subscribers “

Privacy and confidentiality safeguard mechanism is solely meant to save millions of subscribers interests & their data bases not that they go into wrong hands via operators . This is sheer irresponsible behavior on your part that you can go to this extent by divulging important information to unknown people like ONMOBILE with those you have no-concern as you say . It is a question of national security that suppose if some anti-national elements come to AIRTEL they wont hesitate to provided list of their subscribers . Do you know what serious fall outs will be if keep sharing list of subscriber(s) to such bad elements . Subscibers are the back bone of a service / mobile communication industry and you can not play with their interests in wrongful manners . In-fact very soon I am going to file a public interest litigation (P.I.L) in this regard against you so that entire world comes to know how much vulnerable their personal details like Mobile number, Name & addresses are in the hands of mobile operators . I have already made up my mind to highlight the entire matter to media, press & other public awareness campaigns . There will be SMS campaign launched against such practice very soon being public awareness matter.

Contd……..3

(3)

Clause 39.2 read under (a) (b) 39.3 39.4 are absolutely inclined to provide absolute fool proof protection to millions of subscribers of India and law(s) are very clear & specific that all steps will be taken/ observed by LICENSEE to observe the sanctity of law. It is in this context I simply need above stated information in regards to cell number[protected]. You are trying to save[protected] whereas you are not concerned about millions of AIRTEL subscribers, do you think is it worth it…….?

You have not only violated the above confidentiality laws relating to such observance in ghastly manner but you have cheated/ played with the sentiments with the millions of subscribers those who have imposed faith in you by giving you their own vital information’s . These days most of the financial & E-Business is routed via mobile phones may be it is SMS, banking transactions & Credit Card payments and no wonder everyday there are scams / crimes of various serious natures which can be largely blamed at such erring mobile companies those who go into such mal-practices .

I have gone through a very bad experience and I never imagined that such ISO certified company and a mobile company which has big market share in the mobile industry can ever indulge in such scams and then all together denies it .

Regarding your email to me on date(s) 23 March, 2007 & 21 March, 2007 in which you have advised your company official not to respond directly to me in any way since the matter is under scanner of M.R.T.P.C, here I would like to inform you a complaint to Union Minister of Tele-Communication, TRAI and Company C.E.O was made much earlier before we took up the matter with M.R.T.P.C and all such statutory competent authorities are independent on its own working patterns . TRAI and Ministry of Telecommunications have been informed from time-to-time about the scams which are taking place despite of their directives and subscribers’ grievances redressal system . I am very much satisfied with the mechanisms/ laws which Ministry and TRAI have framed to protect subscribers’ interests but the way AIRTEL has flaunted with those mechanisms it is worth noticing and deserve in-depth scrutiny at every possible forum . I have done nothing wrong if the matter was raised by me before the C.E.O of AIRTEL but see the apathy of your internal management system that you are keeping even you C.E.O in dark. On one hand Bharti AIRTEL brand name is busy forging ties with mega-brands like Walmart and on other hands such scams underway under the brand name of AIRTEL. WALMART has acquired this great niche just by single motto i.e to keep every individual consumer satisfied that no single consumer should leave their store dissatisfied. I once again demand that give me the Mobile number Of Sh.Bharti Mittal or give me his Email ID and I am absolutely confident that he will patiently listen to me about my complaint/ grievance
and justice will be delivered to me .

Contd….4

(4)

As per above facts and submissions you are once again kindly requested to provide me the above stated details alongwith your reply in this regard.

C.c: Mr.Rakesh Vashisht,
Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration)
MRTPC, Office of DGIR,

Section Officer, PG 2/4/2007

Respected Sir,

In regards to above mentioned subject and your instructions thereof to M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., vide YOUR LETTER NO.13-47/2007-PG& I DTD 31.1.2007. I would like to inform your good self that there has been no reply from Bharti Airtel Ltd ., in regards to redressal of my complaint regarding cheating / scam and money looting done to me by way of contest in which sole aim was to loot money, cheat subscribers and give the prize of contest to their favorite people .

In my previous letter dtd 18.3.2007 I had sought information from you under R.T.I Act 2005 regarding powers vested with the Ministry of Telecommunication to punish / penalize the mobile operators if they fail to adhere to the instructions of directives of Deptt of Telecommunications.

(2)

You had instructed M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., vide YOUR LETTER NO.13-47/2007-PG& I DTD 31.1.2007 to look into my matter which is of very serious nature.

It is pertinent to mention that what has happened with me is happening everyday with millions of subscribers in India everyday . Mobile operators are involved in novel way of looting people by offering various lucrative offers and this way they just collect money, which is as a matter of fact financial offence cum criminal conspiracy the way they operate. If ministry takes timely action in this regard I hope a big scam will be unearthed and you will be able to see real true picture of so called big players .

I have immense faith in the Ministry and await immediate stern action to be taken against M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., so that justice can be delivered and proper redressal of my complaint be effectively meted out.

To, The Section Officer, 5.4.2007

FOR KIND ATTENTION ; SH.G.R. MEENA

Reff; My earlier several reminders to you vide letter(s) dtd.8.1.2007, 16.1.2007, 31.1.2007.3.2.2007, 20.2.2007, 2.3.07, 19.3.2007.

Respected Sir,

In regards to above mentioned subject and your instructions thereof to M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., vide YOUR LETTER NO. 303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006 -I would like to inform your good self that there has been no reply from Bharti Airtel Ltd ., in regards to redressal of my complaint regarding cheating / scam and money looting done to me by way of contest in which sole aim was to loot money, cheat subscribers and give the prize of contest to their favorite people .

In my previous letter I had sought information from you under R.T.I Act 2005 regarding powers vested with the TRAI to punish / penalize the mobile operators if they fail to adhere to the instructions of directives of TRAI.

(2)

It is pertinent to mention that what has happened with me is happening everyday with millions of subscribers in India everyday . Mobile operators are involved in novel way of looting people by offering various lucrative offers and this way they just collect money, which is as a matter of fact financial offence cum criminal conspiracy the way they operate. If TRAI takes timely action in this regard I hope a big scam will be unearthed and you will be able to see real true picture of so called big players .

I have immense faith in the TRAI and await immediate stern action to be taken against M/S Bharti Airtel Ltd., so that justice can be delivered and proper redressal of my complaint be effectively meted out.

I would even appreciate your reply from you if TRAI is helpless to further pursue my matter because of various pressures & influence applied by the mighty operator which has made TRAI such helpless institution/ body, so that I stop making further correspondence with you .

A final reply is needed from you in above regards and this may be taken seriously otherwise I will take up legal course in which TRAI will also become a party for its own role & negligence.

Sh.Narender Gupta, 6.4.2007

PREVIOUS REFF; MY EARLIER LETTERs DTD.26.2.2007, 18.3.2007

It is really astonishing and shocking that despite of several reminders by me to you, You have cared not to reply even any of above mentioned letters.

You have been directed by Ministry of telecommunication & TRAI in their respective letters no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, no.13-47/2007-PG&I dtd 31.1.2007. to effectively look into my matter within 15 days .

It is very significant here to mention that you don’t have respect for Govt Of India and regulatory authority . Can you kindly finally explain or reply for such disobedience on your part so that I can tell them that AIRTEL neither has fear, nor has any shame for statutory authorities of Govt.Of India .

It is again requested that you submit your reply immediately to above authorities, otherwise a final formal letter cum charge sheet will be served upon you for which you shall solely be responsible for any kind o[censored]npleasant situation arising out of such action.

To, The Section Officer, 8.4.2007

SUB; INFORMATION NEEDED UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005.
PREVIOUS Sub; cheating/ scam done by AIRTEL during their contest called “ FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER” on my mobile number-[protected].

Respected Sir,

Kindly refer to my previous correspondence in above regard & various reminders & letters exchanged with you during past so many months . You had instructed vide Your letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers to M/S Bharti Telecom Ltd. to investigate the matter and submit the reply to TRAI within 15 days . It has been almost 4 months that no reply has been submitted by Airtel which amply speak that they are not willing to submit their reply hence which vindicates my stand .

2) Incase mobile operators indulge in cheating or offer contests where the sole objective is to harass consumers or do not maintain transparency in their conduct what action is followed or initiated by TRAI.

(2)

3) I need that entire record of the FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER be summoned by you so that I can check them personally in order to legally frame charges against them . It is kindly requested that I may be provided with the entire record of the contest by TRAI .

5) What is the privacy policy of TRAI to be maintained by mobile operators incase of list of consumers / subscribers which is held with them in utter confidentiality .

6) Steps taken by TRAI / copies of entire correspondence between TRAI and BHARTI AIRTEL LTD., to secure reply from Bharti Airtel Ltd., in regards to my complaint.

The above information is required under the R.T.I. Act, 2005 and I may kindly be intimated about the fee as required under R.T.I Act, 2005 being fee/ charges for above information.

Cum P.I.O 8/4/2007

Respected Sir,
Kindly refer to my previous correspondence in above regard & various reminders & letters exchanged with you during past so many months . You had instructed vide Your letter no. S.13-47/2007-PG& I DTD 31.1.2007 to M/S Bharti Telecom Ltd. to investigate the matter and submit the reply to Ministry of Telecommunications within 15 days . It has been almost 3 months that no reply has been submitted by Airtel which amply speak that they are not willing to submit their reply hence which vindicates my stand .

1) What action is initiated by Ministry, incase mobile operators do not adhere or fail to submit their explanation as asked by you in the interest of subscribers grievances.
2) Incase mobile operators indulge in cheating or offer contests where the sole objective is to harass consumers or do not maintain transparency in their conduct what action is followed or initiated by Ministry .

(2)

3) I need that entire record of the FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER be summoned by you so that I can check them personally in order to legally frame charges against them . It is kindly requested that I may be provided with the entire record of the contest by you..

5) What is the privacy policy of ministry to be maintained by mobile operators incase of list of consumers / subscribers which is held with them in utter confidentiality . Can they provide such secret information to commercial profit making private companies.

6) Steps taken by you / copies of entire correspondence between DDG(PG) and BHARTI AIRTEL LTD., to secure reply from Bharti Airtel Ltd., in regards to my complaint.

The above information is required under the R.T.I. Act, 2005 and I may kindly be intimated about the information fee as required under R.T.I Act, 2005 being fee/ charges for above information as prescribed under R.T.I act, 2005.

REGD

Mr.Rakesh Vashisht, 19.4.2007
Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration)
MRTPC, Office of DGIR,

Respected Sir,

I had filed a consolidated reply to you in regards to above matter on 15.3.2007 .

In this regard It is kindly requested from your good self to apprise me the current status of the above matter.

I may kindly be intimated about the same at the earliest .

Sh.Amit Khera, 1.5.2007
D.G.M., (Legal, Mobile Services),
JIL tower II, 3rd Floor,
Plot No.78, Instuitional area,
Sector-18 Gurgaon-122001

REFF; YOUR LETTER NO. NIL DTD JAN 18, 2007 – REGARDING PRELIMINARY
INVESTIGATION UNDER SECTION 11(2) of the MRTP act .
YOUR REFF; YOUR LETTER DTD March 20, 2007
My last letter dtd 26.3.2007

Dear Mr.Amit Ji,

Kindly refer to my last letter dtd 26.3.2007 in regards to above cited subject . I had requeste
d your good self to make available to me statements / records which were found missing in the reply which you submitted with DGIR . I notice that same have not been provided by you either to DGIR or to me as well. It is really surprising on your part the way you have conducted yourself in the whole episode whereas it was least expected from AIRTEL . You people have really made mockery & fool out of millions of subscribers who have been your users of your mobile services .

In this regard, it is again requested to make available to me the requested documents as soon as possible.

C/C ;
The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration)
MRTPC, Bikaner House Baracks,
Shahajahan Road, New Delhi-110011

To, The Central Public Information Officer, 7.5.2007

SUB; INFORMATION NEEDED UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005.
Reff; TRAI letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers.

Respected Sir,

Kindly refer to my previous correspondence in above regard & various reminders & letters exchanged with TRAI during THE past so many months . TRAI had instructed vide letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers to M/S Bharti Telecom Ltd. to investigate the matter and submit the reply to TRAI within 15 days . It has been almost 4 months that no reply has been submitted by Airtel which amply speak that they are not willing to submit their reply hence which vindicates my stand .
1) What action is initiated by TRAI, incase mobile operators do not adhere or fail to submit their explanation as asked by TRAI in the interest of subscribers grievances. KINDLY VERIFY, ARE MOBILE OPERATORS NOT UNDER ANY COMPULSION OR OBLIGATION TO RESPOND TO TRAI LETTERS & INSTRUCTIONS.
2) Incase mobile operators indulge in cheating or offer contests where the sole objective is to harass consumers/ LOOT MONEY or do not maintain transparency in their conduct what action is followed or initiated by TRAI.

(2)

7) Can A police complaint and a F.I.R can be lodged against the AIRTEL in regards to such cheating . Kindly let us know or give your consent in this regards so that a F.I.R be lodged against such cheating .

To, The Central Public Information Officer, 11.5.2007

SUB; INFORMATION NEEDED UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005.
Reff; My earlier several reminders to you vide letter(s) dtd.8.1.2007, 16.1.2007, 31.1.2007.3.2.2007, 20.2.2007, 2.3.07, 19.3.2007, 5.4.2007, 7.5.2007

Respected Sir,

Please refer to my last letter dtd 7.5.2007 in which I have sought information under the R.T.I act .

In this context I enclose herewith one Postal order nbr.35G 465267 dtd 11.5.2007 in Favor of TRAI being the fee as prescribed under the RTI act, 2005. Any additional fee needed, if needed, kindly inform me.

Kindly do the needful within time frame as prescribed under the RTI act, 2005.

To, The Central Public Information Officer, 12.5.2007

The following information is required under the RTI, Act 2005 ;

1) Kindly inform that whether TELECOM OMBBUDSMAN office has been set up and what is the address or contact number of the same.

2) If the same has not been formed, by when likely it is expected to be set up.

3) Kindly let me know what kind of disputes are heard / settled in TDSAT .

Cum P.I.O 12.5.2007

Reff; my previous letter dtd 8/4/2007

Respected Sir,

Kindly refer to my previous correspondence in above regard & various reminders & letters exchanged with you during past so many months . You had instructed vide Your letter no. S.13-47/2007-PG& I DTD 31.1.2007 to M/S Bharti Telecom Ltd. to investigate the matter and submit the reply to Ministry of Telecommunications within 15 days . It has been almost 4 months that no reply has been submitted by Airtel which amply speak that they are not willing to submit their reply hence which vindicates my stand .

I have brought the above matter into the knowledge of TRAI also and interestingly they have opined that TRAI has no powers to penalize or suspend the licenses of Private mobile operators incase the harass or cheat subscribers .

We had approached your high office with so many high expectations that your cell is directly functioning under the Ministry of Telecommunications and you have been fully vested with all powers . But the way you have dealt the matter it is really disappointing and shocking as well and it send clear signals that in this country nobody listens to genuine poor / average middle class people .

I know AIRTEL is a big name and wield significant influence every where around but if you people also start ignoring us what will happen to whole system . That means even ministry is not interested in getting the scam solved and is keen that let poor people keep suffering at the hand of such big mobile operators.

CURRENT REFF; YOUR LETTER NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 8.5.2007

I am in the receipt of your letter NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 8.5.2007 and have carefully read the contents written there in. I am in a state of shock and dilemma as to how to react or comment after reading this letter . But, yet I always knew the outcome of your reply the way you have handled the entire episode since beginning .

I am enclosing herewith the copy of letter which was first complaint made by me to the Chairman/Director general TRAI on dtd 11.11.2006 & 29.11.2006 on the basis of which you had directed Bharti Airtel Limited to file a reply within 15 days vide yr letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers .

The complain made by me was classified by you generic in nature and which was concerning towards the interests the of millions of mobile subscribers . I had raised an issue which if ignored by TRAI or not taken care of would even in the future also keep making poor subscribers getting cheated/ looted by mobile companies in such novel way.

(2)

The letter written by me as you are saying is more about the outcome of the result of Contest and is out of purview of TRAI . I may kindly reiterate that my letter is not at all regarding the outcome of contest result, but my letter is highlighting the matter the way Mobile Companies are everyday making fool and cheating the millions of subscribers and if the same remains unchecked the consequences would be very very serious .

I have rather brought in to your knowledge the Scam and novel looting methods by AIRTEL . Rather you should appreciate me, it seems that you are backing AIRTEL in this case. Read the contents of my letter dtd 29.11.06 & 11.11.2006 does at any point of time in letter I have asked for the outcome of my own contest and I have always said that it is a serious matter concerning to unlawful revenue collection by AIRTEL and properly need a thorough investigation and severely punish the guilty.

I have raised several relevant concerning issues which have been totally been ignored or sidelined by you and instead of taking up corrective action you are writing as if you are acting on behalf of AIRTEL. Will the TRAI keep sitting and keep watching honest subscribers being cheated/ looted by AIRTEL by offering unholy contests . Can you tell me who is the other Authority in India apart from TRAI which looks into such grave matters like this. Probably you are not trying to understand the matter or trying to go into the depth or in other words n meaning it shows that AIRTEL is more powerful than the TRAI .

I have written so many letters to you, Can you tell me what actions did you take to seek the reply from AIRTEL in regards to your. letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers

How can TRAI take U-turn for its own failure or not been able to strictly direct AIRTEL to file their reply in this regard . What corrective or what steps have you taken so that such practice doest happen in future again by AIRTEL. I can say it full conviction that they are still indulging in same practice . DOES GRIEVENACES REALTING TO MILLIONS OF SUBSCRIBERS DO NOT FALL UNDER THE PURVIEW OF TRAI.

It is a clear cut case and shows clearly that AIRTEL has been successful enough to prevail upon TRAI and shown its own influence upon you that you have written me such letter .

Contd….3

(3)

The reply received from your side is not at all satisfactory and nor convincing in any regards . It is again reiterated that I am not at all satisfied with your reply and would again request your good-self to seek full explanation for your such reply.

I may be provided with the full correspondence between AIRTEL and TRAI which enabled you to say so . In such gingerly manner you can not absolves yourself from the duty to be discharged by you towards millions of subscribers . It is a cheating/ scam and modern way of looting subscribers and I need thorough investigation from you .

I look forward to your early action otherwise it will be very difficult for any subscriber to address his grievance to any authority in India. Legal forums are meant for awarding/ deciding suitable compensation but TRAI is a nodal authority which is fully competent to raise the issue on behalf of subscribers where interests of consumers at large are being severely undermined .

Kindly be fair, kindly be impartial, kindly look into grievances of millions of subscribers, rather than absolving your self from discharging your duties .

To, The Section Officer, 17.5.2007

CURRENT REFF; YOUR LETTER NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 8.5.2007

Kindly refer to YOUR LETTER NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 8.5.2007 in which you have expressed your inability to pursue the matter because the matter doest fall within the purview of TRAI due to reasons best known to you.

But I would like to know from your side that what made you say so and what is the outcome of your letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers which you had written to AIRTEL to submit their reply in above regard within 15 days.

Have you received their reply or not . If you have received AIRTEL reply kindly let me know what they have explained to you in order to substantiate their case or if you have not received any reply from their side why did you pre-jump to the conclusion to bury down my case to absolve yourself from the responsibility of investigating the matter to your fullest satisfaction.

Contd……2

(2)

I am just asking you the outcome of letter which you wrote to AIRTEL on 18.12.2006 . If they have not been able to reply to you, what steps have you taken to make sure that they come out with their own stand. Can AIRTEL ignore TRAI’s letters and directions ? What message will it send, that means in other matters too they are taking for granted TRAI when they can ignore such minor directions of TRAI. That means Airtel has no respect for regulatory authorities, ministry of telecommunication and they are above Law of Land. What is the sanctity of TRAI then, is it a mere spineless body ? It is almost now been 5 months that they have not submitted their reply.

I have very well explained the matter in my letter sent by me on 16.5.2007 (read 16.5.2007 instead of 8.1.2007) and would appreciate that instead of sparking of a fresh row, You may kindly take my matter seriously otherwise it will be very difficult for TRAI also to explain their own conduct once the case is taken up at legal forum in which you will also become a party unnecessarily .

Kindly refer TRAI press release no.95/2005 dtd 1.12.2005 “MEASURES TO PROTECT CONSUMER INTEREST IN TELECOM AND CABLE TV SERVICES “ which states as mentioned below;
CONSUMER COMPLAINTS
“TRAI is not empowered to handle individual consumer complaints against service providers, but will look into issues of systematic failure or of generic nature affecting large number of consumers”

Since my complaint is of generic nature vide your letter 303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) then it becomes mandatory on part of TRAI to handle the complaint in utmost serious matter as it involves money of millions of subscribers all over the India. I again tell you that it is a SCAM and you must unearth the whole scam .

Kindly let me once again know that based on your letter NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 8.5.2007 have you received any reply from them or not. If not what necessary actions have been taken to ensure a reply from their side.

Public Information Officer, 21.5.2007
Room no.507,

Respected Sir,

KIND ATTENTION; SH.S.L NEGI, Dy.Secy (coordination)

Respected Sir,

With refrence to the above mentioned subject I would like to bring into your kind notice that a complaint was made by me against AIRTEL to Section Officer, PG,
Deptt of Telecommunications,
Sanchar Bhavan, 20-Ashoka Road, New Delhi–110001.

PG cell had vide letter no. S.13-47/2007-PG& I DTD 31.1.2007 directed M/S Bharti Telecom Ltd. to investigate the matter and submit the reply to Ministry of Telecommunications within 15 days . It has been almost 4 months that no reply has been submitted by Airtel which amply speak that they are not willing to submit their reply. I have reminded by so many letters to your department but from your side there is also no answer which is quite shocking, hence, In this context, following information is urgently needed from you under the R.T.I act, 2005 ;
1) What action is initiated by department of telecommunication, incase mobile operators do not adhere and fail to submit their explanation as asked by PG cell in the interest of subscribers grievances.

(2)

3) I need that entire record of the FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER be summoned by you so that you can check them personally in order to legally frame charges against them . It is kindly requested that I may also be provided with the entire record of the contest by you..

4) Kindly let me know can Mobile operators provide the list of subscribers/ data base of consumers to telemarketing or any other profit making private companies. What offence does it constitute if private mobile operators leak out, share or divulge the data, address, mobile numbers, names against the privacy / confidentiality norms as per license agreement entered by company with the department of Telecommunication to any third party in order to gain money or enter into any kind o[censored]nfair trade practice .

7) What action will department take if they fail to reply and do not address to the consumers’ grievances.
8) Has the Telecom Ombudsman been set up, if yes kindly let me know the details like address, email and telephone numbers or if not, when it is likely to be set up.

The above information is required under the R.T.I. Act, 2005 and I am enclosing herewith one Postal order nbr 35G 465327 in favor of PAO(HQ) Deptt. Of Telecom for Rs.50/- being information fee as prescribed under R.T.I Act, 2005 .

DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF REVENUE INTELLIGENCE HEADQUARTERS,
P. R. Lakra, Dy. Director [protected]

Regd a/d

Sh.Narender Gupta, 22.5.2007

My reff; PREVIOUS LETTER DTD.7.1.2007, 5.2.2007

Reference to my above mentioned reminders to you in regards to directions given to you by TRAI vide letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, I would like to know as to whether you have submitted your reply to them or not . You had to file your reply within 15 days as per TRAI and Ministry of Telecommunication letter letter no. S.13-47/2007-PG& I DTD 31.1.2007 .

It is absolutely shocking to know that you do not care to bother about the instructions of supreme authorities of Govt. Of India which are regulating the telecom industry in India.

You are not only cheating the millions of subscribers in this manner but also earning bad repute also by such irresponsible behavior. It is really surprising the company which has been accredited with ISO certifications and terms itself as leaders in Telephone industry, indulges in such novel cheating methods.

Cotd……2

(2)

It is a serious matter and I have decided to take the matter to the logical conclusion at the right earnest by way of highlighting the matter to the P.M.O, Finance Ministry, Ministry of telecommunication, C.B.I and DRI.

You are once again kindly requested to file your respective reply to the above concerned authorities immediately .

C/c TO;Complaint / alogwith necessary documents

1) Prime Minister Office, New Delhi.
2) Hon’bl Finance Minister of India.
3) Hon’bl Telecommunications Minister.
4) Directorate Of revenue Intelligence, 7th floor,
I.P Bhawan, I.P Estate, New Delhi-2
5 C.B.I, (economic offences wing ) New Delhi.

The Producer, 27.5.2007
Main Hoon Na,
Star news Channel.

Respected Sir / Madam,

I watched your TV show called “ MAIN HOO NA” on 26th and would really appreciate your efforts the way you have taken up the noble-cause to highlight the problems faced by general public of India . In fact in our country there exists two types of societies, One is the poor general public (aam aadmi), middle class, salaried class, poor-farmers, poor-people and second type of society is Khaas-aadmi those who are powerful, resourceful, rich, big companies & MNCs with all facilities/ infrastructure available to them .

As far as AAM AADMI is concerned there is nobody or there is hardly any platform where he can stand and raise his / her voice against the KHAAS AADMI. When I saw your programme I was so delighted that MHN can be the platform where I can raise my specific grievance which not only concerns me but it concerns to millions of people/ consumers/ subscribers those who are getting cheated everyday by affluent companies those who have no fear for LAW of land or governing authorities of Govt. Of India.

Sir, My grievance and struggle began when I got allured by one SMS which was flashed on my mobile handset which offered me to play contest called AIRTEL FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST and as I started playing the contest things started getting clearer that how they cheat people and what is the modus operandi of such reputed mobile companies to loot people in such novel way .

3) That the call charges for this contest was Rs.6 per minute.

To, The Central Public Information Officer, 15.7.2007
New Delhi-110002.

SUB; INFORMATION NEEDED UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005.

PREVIOUS REFF; Cheating/ scam done by AIRTEL during their contest called “ FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER” on my mobile number-[protected].
CURRENT REFF; YOUR LETTER NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 8.5.2007

I had reported the above scam / cheating to the TRAI vide my letter dtd 11.11.2006 and TRAI also taking the matter seriously as it effected large number of consumers had issued notice to Bharti Airtel Ltd vide TRAI letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers to submit the reply within 15 days .

It has been now more than 8 months that there has been no redressal of my complaint at any level which was referred as “Generic-complaint” because it affected millions of subscribers every-day and mobile companies were busy looting / amassing millions of rupees by such various cheating methods. There was no seriousness in TRAI’s effort to go into the depth of scam even though TRAI is a body well empowered to regulate affairs relating to telecom industry .

(2)

In continuation I hereby need the following information under the RTI ACT, 2005 ;

1) Have you received any reply from Bharti Airtel Ltd in lieu of your letter nbr. 303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers.
2) What efforts did TRAI take to seek their reply in this regard.
3) What action will TRAI take against Bharti Airtel Ltd since they have failed to reply to the Generic nature of Complaints of Consumers hence they are proved guilty of committing scam / wrongdoings .
4) Who is the official dealing / supervising the said matter and Who will be held responsible within TRAI for not pursuing the matter with Bharti Airtel Ltd .
5) Suppose a serious nature of irregularity / scam / cheating is brought into the knowledge of TRAI then what are remedial measures taken by TRAI to stop regulator, to fine regulator or to take legal action against the operator not to indulge in such acts .
6) Do the mobile operators such as Bharti Airtel Ltd adopt so casual attitude with TRAI that they have no fear or risk and keep ignoring other letters of TRAI pertaining to other matters also.
7) Have you brought the matter into the knowledge of Chairman, TRAI or not, if not kindly bring the matter into the knowledge of TRAI Chairman also.
8) Was TRAI under some pressure from Bharti Airtel limited as they were able to prevail upon you to bury the matter or not pursue the matter because had TRAI taken tough stand the whole scam episode could have been easily exposed .
9) What steps have you taken in regards to reply my last two letters dtd 4.6.2007 & 17.5.07, kindly let me know.
In this regard I enclose herewith a postal order nbr.35G 465766 for Rs.50 being the fees as prescribed under the RTI ACT, 2005.
Kindly send me the above information within the due time .

Public Information Officer, 15.7.2007
Room no.507,

Respected Sir,

KIND ATTENTION; SH.S.L NEGI, Dy.Secy (coordination)

Respected Sir,

Reference to my last letter dtd 21.5.2007 in which certain information was sought under the RTI ACT, 2005 .

As per RTI ACT, 2005 the said information should have been given within 30 days but the same is still awaited and attract the clause as “deemed refusal”.

Kindly send the information to me immediately otherwise an Appeal will be made regarding such negligence to the appropriate higher authority.

By courier.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 20.07.2007

KIND ATTENTION ; SH.RAKESH VASHIST.

Sub; Unfair trade practice and as well as cheating/ scam done by AIRTEL during their contest called “ FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER” on my mobile number-[protected].
Preliminary investigation under section 11(2) of the MRTP act, 1969.
My previous letter dtd 15.3.2007 & 15.06.07.

Respected Sir,

In reference to my letter dtd 15.6.2007 in which I had submitted my interim reply because certain documents were wanted from BHarti Airtel Ltd to file my full reply in regards to your letter nbr.C-157/2006/DGIR dtd 8.6.07 .

I have yet not received the required papers from Bharti Airtel Limitd in which I had requested that per call report of mine and assumed winner along with scores scored on each occasion whenever 646, 64640, 646602 was latched .

I hope after so much correspondence and so many documents put up in front of you which clearly show the forgery done by Airtel, it makes amply clear the way they have given forged documents to DGIR . As a matter of fact point or issue what they have put up in their defense has been answered by me with along with documentary evidence which shows the entire contest was rigged from the very beginning.
Kindly instruct AIRTEL to submit the needed document for a final conclusive reply.

Sh.Kirthy Kumar, Deputy Director General(C&A) cum
Appellate Authority, 21.7.2007
Room no.510,

KIND ATTENTION; SH.Kirthy Kumar, Dy.Dir General

SUB; APPEAL AGAINST INFORMATION RECEIVED UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005.

Respected Sir,

Reference to the above mentioned subject, I hereby file an appeal in regards to inappropriate, confusing, incomplete reply received from CPIO, Ministry of telecommunication vide their letter dtd 17.7.07. Most of the information needed under the RTI Act, 2005 has either been not replied or if replied they are not apt and nor satisfactory upto the mark.
I am enclosing herewith the copy of my letter dtd 21.5.2005 which is self explanatory and the copy of text of reply of CPIO must be available with you . You can yourself very well see that point no.1 to 5 have not been replied at all but a vague information has been put up which is irrelevant . I need point wise specific answers . Even the pint no.7 has not been replied. Even the point no.6 shows that only one letter was used with same language to be used as reminders which were sent as there was no seriousness in the efforts to get a reply . Question arises if Private mobile operators don’t take ministry’s letters seriously one can imagine what blunders they must be doing with the public at large. That is why mobile operators today are fearless and they have no transparency in their conduct and poor subscribers remain helpless . Who is big n mighty ..? whether Licensor of Licensee ? it’s a point worth ….. who will guard consumers then .?

Kindly file my appeal and proceedings must be initiated under the RTI act, 2005 as per the act and I may be kindly informed about the same. Any fee(s) or charges for filing appeal, if any, may kindly be intimated.

By courier.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 2.08.2007

My previous letter dtd 15.3.2007 & 15.06.07., 20.07.2007

Respected Sir,

In reference to my letter dtd 20/7/07 in which I had submitted my interim reply because certain documents were wanted from BHarti Airtel Ltd to file my full reply in regards to your letter nbr.C-157/2006/DGIR dtd 8.6.07 .

Respected Sir, I know DGIR has taken very serious note of the whole matter and I am obliged for your kind co-operation and would like that if more serious efforts are not taken by DGIR I think Bharti Airtel Ltd would never tender the asked per call report to you because whole scam will come out . I am surprised that how such big ISO certified companies fool people .

Contd…2

(2)

It is in your kind knowledge that since beginning and till now I have made their every attempt futile in which they pleaded that their hands were clear . I have probably submitted every paper along with documentary evidences in support of my contention . Kindly seriously look into the matter for action in regards to Forged / doctored papers or documents submitted by AIRTEL just to save their skin.

It is once again requested that you may kindly issue them final warning letter to provide you with the PER CALL REPORT / CDR in which score scored during the period of contest are mentioned because whole game was score based and the whole game was rigged from the very first day .

I can challenge that most brilliant student or most technical ( IIT level) professional can not score such scores under the normal human circumstances . I think all top rankers of Civil services will not be able to score in such abnormal manner the way the assumed winner has been made to win on the basis of mere cheating .

I have firm faith in DGIR and I would like to pray in front of you with folded hands that the matter be brought to conclusion at the earliest once they submit the required papers because AIRTEL is a big company and myself being a very poor ordinary person would not be able to compete their financial competence . If they fail to submit the required papers you please kindly close the investigation with your judgment . None is above law but AIRTEL think thatway and due to that reasons they have not cared to reply to TRAI letters and ministry of communications letters .

To, The Section Officer, 6.8.2007
Consumer affairs.
New Delhi-110002.

FOR KIND ATTENTION ; SH.Hem Chander (section officer, Consumer affairs)

CURRENT REFF; YOUR LETTER NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 2.8.07

Please refer to my abovementioned subject and as you are very well aware that it has been already 8 months now since my first letter dtd 11.11.06 in which I had reported your goodself about the cheating modus operandi done to several subscribers including me . Till today TRAI has been unable to bring matter to the logical conclusion .

I have to say it with extreme sad note as I notice that despite of my several reminders to you, TRAI took no pain to get desired reply from AIRTEL in response to your letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers. It is a generic complaint which affects not only me but millions of subscribers of AIRTEL & other mobile operators and unless TRAI doest investigate the matter or get a reply from AIRTEL how will TRAI ensure that such looting, cheating and scams would not happen in future. It seems poor consumers, poor subscribers have no say in this world and it is the prerogative of rich companies to survive, make money and keep cheating.

(2)

Reference to your letter dtd.2.8.2007 in which once a again you have reiterated that the matter is out of purview of TRAI . It clear cut amply signifies that there was either some pressure on you or due to reasons best known to you, no sincere efforts were taken by you to go into the depth of the matter . It is not the matter of contest and outcome but it is a matter where millions of people are getting effected everyday by private mobile companies. I am voicing my concern and as well as concern of millions of people. Theses days all popular TV shows, contests and every business promotional modes are being routed through SMS and as well as tele-calling modes . Nobody is aware as to what they charge and as to what was the criteria followed by contest managers, TV anchors to reach or to determine the final outcome .

It is a very serious nature of crime what they have done with me and what they are doing with others too without any regulatory intervention and they are earning crores of rupees by adopting such measures. I have written so many letters to TRAI but TRAI has written them just 2 letters with the same language which shows TRAI was never serious about the matter.

Only due to absence of such fear, laws and intervention from TRAI mobile companies have become breeding ground of corruption, wrongful activities and kindly tell me who is there to look after the interests of consumers .

I can take up the matter to any forum but TRAI can not escape from discharging its law full duties . TRAI is very much vested with all the powers to intervene but one can easily see that will to initiate action is missing .
I have immense faith in TRAI and again would request your good-self to intervene and tell Bharti Airtel to submit reply. You should also know as to what they have to say in their defense . Kindly co-operate with me, kindly pressurize them to say what they have to say only then a justice will be delivered . The very faith in TRAI is at the stake once the people come to know that even TRAI is a helpless body with no sanctity and with no powers to handle matters where millions of people are concerned.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 20.08.2007
MRTPC, Bikaner House Baracks,

My previous letter dtd 15.3.2007 & 15.06.07., 20.07.2007, 2.8.07

Respected Sir,

In regards to my previous correspondence exchanged with you in connection with the above cited subject, I would kindly like to remind your good self and would like to know that whether you have received any reply / any documents / any record from them as it was requested by me on last several occasions that “ DETAILED SCORE SCORED ON EACH LOG SESSION IS VERY CRUCIAL “ .

It seems due to fear and to save themselves from further embarrassment they are either down playing the whole issue or are reluctant to provide because that will be the final document to expose them for the entire cheating scam .Their entire management has been involved in this scam and this is a nation wide cheating / scam which they are doing at very high scale and earning crores of rupees .
Even otherwise also I have provided you enough papers, forged documents, doctored reports and many other points which otherwise leave no scope for them to get away with the matter with the clean hands. They are liable to be punished for submitting forged papers to the DGIR and on account of many other acts & submissions .

In the interest of the matter, it is kindly requested that if BHARTI AIRTEL are not willing to cooperate with the DGIR then in that case you please proceed accordingly as per MRTPC Laws and submit you report to the commission at the soonest under intimation to me as well.

To, The C.P.I.0, 10.9.07
New Delhi-110002.

FOR KIND ATTENTION ; SH.JIWAN CHAND.

Reff; My earlier several reminders to you vide letter(s) dtd. 11.11.06, 29.11.06, 18.12.06 8.1.2007, 16.1.2007, 31.1.2007, 3.2.2007, 20.2.2007, 2.3.07, 19.3.2007, 5.4.2007, 8.4.07, 16.5.07, 17.5.07, 4.6.2007, 6.8.07
CURRENT REFF; YOUR LETTER NO.303-1/2006-QoS dtd 2.8.07

I am in the receipt of your letter no.1(76)/2007-RTI dtd 20.8.07 and as expected the reply received from you is neither satisfactory and nor substantial . Many information sought have been either been unanswered or are not specific. On the basis of the letter It is quite evident and clear that TRAI is under some pressure not to pursue or pressurize BHARTI AIRTEL limited to have their reply in regards to Your letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers.

In continuation to the letter seeking information dtd 15/7/07 kindly inform me ;

1) Your letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers. Clearly suggested and mentioned “ The issues raised by the complainants are substantive in the nature and deserve in-depth scrutiny . You are requested to address the matter effectively and provide your findings in the matter within 15 days from the date of the issue of this letter with a copy to the complainant” .(TRAI LETTER TO BHARTI AIRTEL LTD)

(2)
TRAI had surely and definitely read the contents of my letter of the complaint and then had directed AIRTEL to file their reply . There were many other complainants along with me whose grievances were similar to me and TRAI had issued similar directions for them also under the same letter. Since the matter and gist of my complaint not only relates to me but it relates to every subscriber who is gets lured by misleading advertisements and gets cheated . My complaint is surely GENERIC in nature . Since you have failed or you have been prevailed upon by some forces best known to you and hence you are dithering over the matter .

The moot question arises was Your letter no.303-1/2006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006, regd- Generic complaints of Bharti Subscribers a mere gimmick or now you are evading the prime responsibility . It is however very strange that big mobile companies treat TRAI as non-entity otherwise it is almost now 10 months now that no reply has been received on account of my first letter dtd 11.11.06.

It is a serious matter, it is a question of millions of people who are being cheated everyday . It is being asked as to why TRAI was unable to invoke powers under section 12(1) of TRAI ACT. It is clear cut violation of TRAI order and direction.

I need to know who is the person handling the matter in TRAI should be hold responsible .

Everyday on TV, media and FM stations they offer SMS games, contests through mobile etc but has TRAI ever tried to look into the modus operandi of such operators .

I am enclosing herewith the copy of my letter dtd 17.5.07 which probably got lost/ misplaced due to best known reasons to you and I seek a reply and information in this regard and this letter may be treated as a part of my letter seeking information under the RTI ACT, 2005.

I may be told about the appellate authority as I am going to file an appeal against your letter No.[protected]RTI dtd 20.8.07. TRAI has been failed miserably on account of such serious frauds / cheatings which when brought to knowledge of TRAI take no preventive / corrective action .

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 10.09.07

My previous letter dtd 15.3.2007 & 15.06.07., 20.07.2007, 2.8.07

Respected Sir,

I am in the receipt of your letter C-157/2006 DGIR dtd 31.8.07 and have noted the contents written therein .

I would like to know from your good self that have you taken any action against Bharti Airtel ltd ., for giving you forged, doctored and false information which is a serious offence and an attempt to misguide DGIR.

Kindly look into this serious matter and a case may be filed against them by DGIR for submitting to DGIR fake and forged documents .

Meanwhile I await their reply which is due to be given by 10.9.07.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 25.9.07

My previous letter dtd 15.3.2007 & 15.06.07., 20.07.2007, 2.8.07, 10.9.07

Respected Sir,

It is kindly requested that I may kindly be known that as per yr letter nbr.C-157/2006/DGIR dtd 31.8.07 in which your good self had informed that AIRTEL had sought an extension of time upto 10.9.07, whether any reply has been received from the Bharti Airtel Ltd ., or not.

The matter was brought into the light by me to the MRTPC on dtd 13.11.06 and it has been quite a long period that matter is still pending . One can surely see the non-cooperation from the Bharti Airtel Side and as well as they have from time to time tried to cheat & tried to mislead the DGIR itself on various occasions by submitting tampered, forged and false documents which have been brought into to your kind notice on many occasions.

It is prayed that DGIR may kindly look into the whole matter seriously and suitable action may be taken against the company for such forgery and file its final report to the MRTPC commission for such dilly-dallying tactics by Bharti Airtel Ltd and such cheating done to me.

CHEATING / SCAM DONE BY AIRTEL ON MY MOBILE NBR.[protected]
(VIKRAM CHAUHAN, S/O SH.RATI RAM CHAUHAN, H.NO.720/33 GULAB HOUSE NEAR STADIUM, MODEL TOWN, PANIPAT 132103 PNZ.) ACCOUNT NBR.[protected]

1) )That AIRTEL started a contest called “AIRTEL FESTIVAL DHAMAKA CONTEST-SEPTEMBER “ .In this contest they offered a Ford fiesta car to the highest scorer.( ANNEXURE 1)
1) That the call charges for this contest was Rs.6 per minute.
2) That I started playing the contest vigorously and with keen interest to win the Prize .
3) That I spent my precious time, money, energy and brain to answer their questions .
4) That I kept receiving the SMS that my score was in the Top highest group and play more to win the contest.

5) That on around 28th September 2006 I started experiencing that whenever I used to dial the contest number 64660, 646 the game would not start and it reverted me back to main menu. I however kept trying again and again but I was really shocked as to what has happened why is this happening to me. AIRTEL people had deliberately barred my mobile phone from the contest so that I can not play further . Since I was scoring very high so they blocked my number this way so that they can declare some one else the winner whom they want to make . By barring my number from the contest I could not go till the play mode menu but used to get reverted back to the introductory menu whenever I used to latch on the number 646, 64640

6) When I came back to nerves I realized that it is something which is being done deliberately by AIRTEL/ONMOBILE who are closely watching the contest and the scores . The I got suspicious and frantically sent SMS to 121, emails to 121 and email to [protected]@onmobile .com . (emails copy enclosed)

7) That for few days there was no answer from anybody and I kept crying and barking as by this time I had started feeling that something has gone wrong seriously and this nothing contest but to cheat public who spend Rs.6 per minute and AIRTEL doest care to listen.
8) That I got a call from them on 18.10.2006 at 4.11 PM from telephone nbr[protected] and Ms.Savita was calling and she said Sir, we are extremely sorry that you are the only one who experienced such problem and I would get back to you with a solution, let me examine the matter technically. She assured me that they will compensate me if something wrong was from their side. Then again they went silent and got call from her on 25/10/06 and she said it was may be due to some technical error at your end or in your area.
9) about 100 emails to them ( I have record) & I registered my complain to them on 121 as well.

10) It is emphatically can be said that contest was under regular watch and under close surveillance by the Contest people to make or mar the chances of genuine contestants & placate their own person to make him win or it can also be taken as they loot the money like this and since they don’t reveal the mobile numbers of winners, may be it is another way of grabbing money .
11) Again on the day i.e 12th October 2006 when the last day the contest was to close they gain barred my number at morning 8 a.m whereas the contest was open till midnight. I sent them email at 8a.m but no reply and respite came.
12) That I received a call from Ms.Savitha that the highest contestant has scored 17, 00, 770 points so since my score is very low so there is no chance that you are winner.

13) That I again told her that such high score is not humanly possible and details may be made available to me in regards to the person who scored such high score, like you provide me the Mobile number and billing details which they agreed that day but next day nothing happened .

14) Mr.Ashish Mehta from Mohali called me on.26.10.06 from telephone nbr.[protected] and listened to my case patiently for about 30 minutes and he was convinced and assured me that he will get back to me soon and he called me again at 3.30 p.m same day and said he is still investigating the matter and after that he never called me again .

15) That on 11.11.2006 I wrote one letter to TRAI (Telecom regulatory authority of India) and I mentioned the whole cheating and scam done by AIRTEL to me .

16) That on 13.11.06 I wrote one letter to the MRTPC ( Monopolies and restrictive trade practices commission ) regarding this complaint and cheating.

17) That on 15.11.06 I wrote one letter to the Union Minister of Telecommunications, New Delhi.

18) That on 29.11.06 I wrote one letter to the Chairman/ director general of TRAI.

19) That TRAI sent a letter no.303-/12006-QoS(BTL) dtd 18.12.2006 to Sh.Nareder Gupta, Director Legal & Regulatory affairs, M/s Bharti Airtel Ltd., Gurgaon in which they directed Airtel to submit their reply within 15 days as TRAI found my complaint worth investigating . Till today AIRTEL has not replied to their letter.

20) That on 24.12 .06 I wrote a leter to the Chairman of Airtel Sh.Sunil Mittal about this matter.

21) Many representations were made by me to TRAI, Ministry and MRTPC to bring the whole multi crore cheating business into the knowledge of them but since AIRTEL is a big and rich company so nobody dared to touch them .
22) Even TRAI has accepted since they have not replied and I am free to approach Consumer Court. Letter dtd 10/1/07

23) They however give the contest prizes to only those people whom they want it to win . Mr.Adesh Agarwal won 3 cars in one year.

24) That on 31.1.2007 I get one letter from Minsitry of Telecommunications letter no.13-47/2007-PG&I in which they directed AIRTEL to reply within 15 days and till date no reply and response .

25) That they have illegally shared the data base of their consumers/subscribers and their personal details with a company “ON MOBILE” which they claim had managed the contest . As per law AIRTEL can not share the sensitive information about subscribers with anybody for any reasons .

26) They have submitted false / forged documents in their support while filling their reply with DGIR . They have submitted various documents in which it is evidently clear that contest prize was not given on the basis of highest scores but was given to the person whom they wanted to oblige .refer my letter 13.7.07 and 14.7.07 to DGIR. MY LETTER DTD 15.6.07 ALSO. MY LETTER DTD 15.3.07 TO DGIR.

27) I GOT SMS ON 12.10.06, 10, 10.06, 9.10.06, 4.10.06 THAT MY SCORE IS IN TOP GROUP. SCORE MORE AND WIN FORD FIESTA . My precious 9 days were lost during which I could not play the contest because my number was barred from the contest .

28) Winner details of different contests doest match with the list of winners list which was downloaded by me from the official website of the AIRTEL by me . The addresses and names given are totally wrong .

29) That they have caused me financial loss, mental torture, and my all efforts went into vain because the contest was a highly skillful game and in which I had scored highest scores and had the contest not been barred on my mobile my scores would have been much higher .

30) On close scrutiny of call records / log data entries ( Annexure-I) provided to me by AIRTEL (via MRTPC) it has been observed that mobile number[protected]mobile nbr of assumed top scorer) had an access to yet another exclusive secret sub code ; 646602 which was no where mentioned in any of TERMS & CONDITIONS of the contest . IT IS TO BE NOTED THAT WHATEVER THE SECRET ACCESS CODE WAS SPECIALLY DEDICATED TO HIM TO GIVE HIM EXTRA MILEGAE OR SCORE SWEEPINGLY BUT YET GLARING FACT IS THAT 646602 ACCESS CODE USED BY HIM WAS FREE OF CHARGES FOR HIM . IT NOT ONLY VIOLATES THE CLAUSE THAT CALL CHARGES WILL BE RS.6 / PM FOR THE CONTEST BUT ALSO MAKES HIM SPECIAL THAT SUCH A FREE TREAT WAS GIVEN TO HIM .KINDLY GO THROUGH PAGE NBR.49, 50, 51, 58, 61, 63, 64, 80, OF ANNEXURE-I IN WHICH HE HAS HEAVILY USED THIS SECRET ACCESS CODE i, e 646602 JUST FOR FREE, WITHOUT ANY CHARGES annexed herewith as Annexure 6. You can very well imagine the largesse extended to such favorite contestant of AIRTEL. It is clear cut violation of the contest and strict action should be initiated for such foul play against the organizers of the contest.

34) The contest was played during the three billing periods i.e 08/08/2006 to 07/09/2006 & 08/09/2006 to 07/10/2006 and 8/10/2006 to 7/11/2006 . They have not provided the billing amount of mine during rest of periods and incase of mobile number[protected] assumed top scorer they have hidden the vital details .

35) The contest was thoroughly rigged from the very beginning and contest was under the close scrutiny of the AIRTEL people and since they make consumers play just to make money and at the end of contest because there is no transparency they declare the winner whom they want it to be . It is a multi million crore ruppess fraud which AIRTEL people keep indulging in and one can imagine how they are cheating millions of their esteemed consumers those who are using their service in good faith.
36) I have so many times written to the chairman of the AIRTEL but no reply has come .
37) They have no fear or shame for Govt authorities like TRAI, Minsitry of telecommunications and MRTPC in which most of the cases either they don’t reply or either file forged documents to substantiate their case.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 15.10.07

Respected Sir,
I read a news in Times Of India on 15.10.07 in which Hon’ble Supreme court of India has found that AIRTEL company which was the service provider to the show on KBC-II indulged in cheating modus operandi just similar to my case in indulging in foul play be selecting desirable persons to finally contest in the show and win cash or prizes.
It has been a long struggle for me when I first reported the matter to the MRTPC and investigation is still pending . It is prayed that kindly close the investigation soonest along with you comments because AIRTEL would always be playing delaying tactics in order to confuse the investigator or by making false excuses . It is a landmark case of cheating and it concerns crores of rupees which AIRTEL loots every now and then in disguise cheating methods and your investigation will help millions of subscribers those who are being cheated everyday .

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 04.12.07

Respected Sir,

In regards to my previous letters in context of the subject cited above I would like to know from your good self about the status of matter pending with DGIR since long .

I am convinced that you have co-operated with me in all the manners and on your behalf too enough time and opportunity has been given to AIRTEL also to file their reply .

It is kindly requested that I may be apprised of the latest situation and you kindly submit your report to the concerned authorities with suitable actions to be taken against AIRTEL because it has been proved beyond doubt that entire scam took place under the knowledge of AIRTEL management and they have nothing to say in this matter but are trying to escape the liability.

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 22.12.2007

Preliminary investigation under section 11(2) of the MRTP act, 1969.
REFF ; Your regd parcel nbr.C-157/2006/DGIR dtd 28/2/2007 & your last letter nbr.C-157/2006/DGIR dtd 8.6.07, yr letter no.C-157/2006/DGI&R DTD 18/12/2007.

Respected Sir,

I am in the receipt of your letter no.C-157/2006/DGI&R DTD 18/12/2007 and I have been shocked to observe and findings made by you which read as follows “ Keeping in view of the above, This Directorate General is of the view, that no case o[censored]nfair/ restrictive trade practice is made against the company” .

In the above matter pertaining to the unfair / restrictive trade practices done by AIRTEL to me and as well as millions of subscribers in the garb of offering contests, games & SMS contests I hereby challenge the observations/ findings of the DGIR as they have not at all been made on the basis of facts, records & documents placed before the Directorate by me on & by AIRTEL on various occasions .

Interestingly para two of your above stated letter solves my case in my favor in which you, yourself have agreed, which reads as “it has been observed that the winner of the contest has always pressed (1) only to all the answers of the contest irrespective of the fact whether the answer (1) is correct or not to the questions. It has also been observed that the winner of the contest has pressed (1) for fraction of second for all the entries . Your ready reference, I am enclosing herewith copies of the correspondence received from the company along with a copy of log report of the winner”

(contd…2)

(2)

First of all to make it clear in front of you the contest was based upon scoring the highest scores and it was not based upon just merely clicking any key 1, 2, 3, 4 (options of the answers) . I have already mentioned in my previous letters when ever 646, 64640 was latched and It was initial 2-3 minutes which used to be got consumed in mere introductory lines . Without these initial welcome / introductory messages it was IMPOSSIBLE to come into the playing mode, after 2-4 minutes the actual game / contest used to begin . You can ask for the recording of the lines and you can very well make out as to how this contest used to come into the playing mode . THE CONTEST WAS PURELY SCORE BASED .

By merely pressing key (1), I challenge, it was impossible to enhance the scores. The entire contest was based upon Scores for one right answer 10 points . How does it matter whether the assumed winner pressed option 1 always and may be for a fraction of the second, This is absolutely ridiculous and beyond any scientific and practical thought being ever applied during the investigation and delivering the verdict. There were about five hundred questions to be answered in options 1, 2, 3 & 4 and option nr (1) was never the right answer to all 500 questions .

You have written that option nbr (1) was always pressed whether the answer was right or wrong, what does it mean then . It means suppose there were 500 questions there was roughly ( by average law) 25% chances keeping in view 1, 2, 3, 4 (four option) that means roughly 125 questions would have been there whose right answer could have been got by pressing option (1) . That means by merely clicking option (1) he was not getting any points for rest of 375 questions and in that case there was no possibility that any score would have increased . Choice-1 was not at all right answer to more than 25%(roughly) of the total questions which were being asked then how was he enhancing his scores as the whole contest was SCORE BASED and not based upon how many times anybody clicks option-1 . The questions were all in random fashion and answer to every question varied between option 1, 2, 3 &4.

Contd…3

(3)

This contest was just like any UPSC/ MAT /NDA / GMAT / IIM/ IIT entrance test in which each candidate is given answer sheets to click the right answer from the four options given . The only difference was that instead of answer sheets we were using mobile hand sets in which we had to press 1, 2, 3, 4 keys for right answers . The UPSC has been conducting regularly Civil Services exams and many similar elite entrance exams are based on similar methodology . You can always take advice from UPSC which is also located on Shahajahan Road (just opposite to DGIR office) in order to reach correct and systematic conclusion . India has such an elite class of I.A.S, IIT, IIM, Doctors, Army Officers and all of them have joined their ranks by appearing for entrance exams which are similar to the contest which was offered by AIRTEL. Our country would not have produced such brilliant officers had been the process of entrance exam was so easy and without any logic. Have you ever seen any answer sheet in which right answer is always option (1) or option (A) . Moreover by merely pressing choice 1 to every question can not fetch you scores/ marks I can guarantee it because choice (1) was never a right answer to every question which was in contest and dialing 646, 64640 & 646402 by assumed winner for less than a second can make hardly any difference in the scores . In this case please take advice from UPSC or services of IIT / IIM exam coordinators may be sought If DGIR wants to sincerely reach to any conclusion without any bias and favor .

The log report attached by you is again is a work of fiction and a doctored document in which no score is highlighted, no latch number is highlighted, no dates are mentioned and clearly differentiates it from the log reports submitted by AIRTEL on past 2 occasions. The various latches range like 9;32;54, 9;32;55, 9;32;57 all within a duration of one second which is IMPOSSIBLE and is totally different from log reports submitted earlier . There was no provision too in the contest to press the key before a question is asked, the how can assumed winner press option (1) in such quick method without even listening to the question. It shows either he was told the lacunae of the contest or he knew something very secret of the contest which was tailor made for him to make him win by hook or crook . It clearly shows that there was no equity between the other contestants those who were more intelligent than the assumed winner and same parameters were not applied to others as well and If that was the case then it is clearly an unfair / restrictive trade practice adopted by the AIRTEL. If merely pressing the key was the contest all about, irrespective of whether the contestant has listened the question or not then what was the use of 500 questions to be part of contest, where was the skill involved .

Contd….4

(4)

Even in case We suppose they came to know that the assumed winner has scored the highest point by pressing the option (1) then why was he made winner by making points on the basis of cheating the contest in its terms n conditions. There was violation of terms& conditions as there was never mentioned that instead of answering questions, contestants can keep pressing any key . Was it a contest of fastest finger first contest. I can challenge it that even a topper o[censored]PSC civil services could not have been able to score so much scores the way AIRTEL’s own favorite contestant has been able to do . Any game suppose cricket match can not be won/ scores be increased if the batsman keeps playing the ball and doest not make score by running, hitting fours & sixes.
The same thing has happened in this case but it is wondered by just playing the ball how was score increased when the bats man did not attempt any score, neither hit fours/sixes.

The very basic fact that contest was based upon questions to be heard first then answer them and if it was true then how come AIRTEL make him win when AIRTEL knew that he played against the spirits of the contest . Were the other contestants silly those who wasted their precious time and money with a hope that there is no scope or chance of any scam .

AIRTEL people have also agreed that they have not any point chart linking with log report of me and assumed winner which was the basis of the contest and had that been revealed, their wrong doing would have been exposed . I have always insisted that I may be provided with Log chart in which mine and his scores are mentioned for every occasion he or me latched on 646, 64640 . Also why he was given special nbr 646602 which is clearly mentioned in the detailed billing I am surprised why has DGIR not taken this fact into the consideration during investigation. It is also surprising why no action was taken for submitting forged documents on various occasions. They have on every occasion submitted different log report and what a strange that the contest was ONLY SCORE BASED and how ironical is it that AIRTEL says that they don’t have LOG DATA in which POINTS SCORED is mentioned. I m surprised the way ADGIR has come to the conclusion that there was no unfair trade practice involved . As a matter of fact there was no fair practice involved from beginning to the end of the contest .

Cotd….5

(5)

Based upon the above stated facts in response to your letter no.C-157/2006/DGI&R DTD 18/12/2007 in which you have given them a clean chit I hereby challenge your verdict in the above matter and I would kindly request your good self that unless or until I am not been provided with documents / records & replies to my queries which I have requested in the past letters, the matter stands as it is . The following documents & AIRTEL written clarifications are very important in this case;
1) Score wise Log data report of mine and assumed winner in which it is mentioned as to how much scores were scored on each occasion.
2) Reason under which different Log data reports were submitted to DGIR during investigation on every occasion.
3) Why was the entry of 646602 deleted from Log data report on the next time and 646602 was provided to him FREE OF COST, which he used on many occasions for very heavy usage.
4) Why were the dates not in regular order in log data report.
5) Why the log data report was differing from billing statement .
6) Why the names of winners of different contests provided by AIRTEL did not match with the names of winners of the same contest which was downloaded by me from the web site of AIRTEL.
7) Why has not AIRTEL replied to TRAI and Ministry of telecommunications letters. Are they bigger than the Government of India.
8) Why did AIRTEL shared the data base with onMobile and under which clause of the Agreement.
9) Why was the contest barred from my hand set .Do they have any material evidence if they say it was not barred . In that case they must give me call data records with scores for whole period and I will prove it that my cell was barred from the contest.
10) Why the log report now provided does not contain date, scores or latch numbers . It is a 100% doctored statement and doest match with those provided earlier.
11) How can a family win three cars just in one year, were they luck or they were AIRTEL’s favorites.

Contd….6

(6)

Respected Sir, Airtel people from the day I lodged my complaint have submitted in front of you so many forged, wrong and doctored documents / papers and I fail to understand why DGIR ignored all these aspects . If you don’t guard and look after the interests of general public in respect of their rights then who would ?

Sir, I am just a single subscriber out millions of subscribers in India and You very well know everyday TV shows, Game Shows, Reality Shows all are basically SMS scores based and unless there is no checks on them they will keep looting public money like this. It is not the question my single subscriber but it involves whole of nation. There should no message go that even investigations are rigged too.

Respected Sir, Based upon my above submissions and in continuation to my all previous letters and correspondence I request your good self keeping in view the importance of the matter the case may be investigated further and properly . The way DGIR has probed since beginning was appreciating but sudden and abrupt view / verdict given by you is highly deficient & surprising in the terms of merit and the papers placed before you as evidences and I would request you that as per law the proceedings be restarted and I challenge the verdict delivered by ADGIR.

( VIKRAM CHAUHAN)

The Asstt. Director General (investigation & registration) 03.01.2008

Preliminary investigation under section 11(2) of the MRTP act, 1969.
My previous letter dtd 15.3.2007 & 15.06.07., 20.07.2007, 2.8.07, 10.9.07, 25.9.07, 15.10.07, 4.12.2007, 22.12.2007

Respected Sir,

In continuation to my last letter dtd 22.12.2007 I am eagerly waiting for your reply in the above matter and In the meanwhile It is requested that I may be told about the appellate authority and higher designate authority where I can plead my case, otherwise I will have no option but to bring the matter into the knowledge of The President Of India and The Prime Minister of our country and as well as in to the knowledge of the press & media . This is not a small and individual issue I have already explained and the whole nation is being cheated everyday by such contests / draws/ lucky contests . It was all pre-managed and pre-decided and I have exposed the whole nexus in front of you but seemingly ADGIR is not interested in my case to be investigated but is has tried to dispose the whole matter in the hush-hush manner .Without giving due consideration and prior thought and documents placed in front of you I don’t know what made ADGIR give such abnormal decision which is beyond logical thinking and practical relevance. It is the similar case that without seeing the score board umpire giving the decision in favor of somebody .We are living in a democratic se up and becomes the right of every citizen to know how, what, when & why such decision was taken and what were the basis and basics applied in order to reach such conclusion.

(2)

As the Logo of your office says “ ALL HUMAN RIGHTS FOR ALL”, but it has been experienced there is no humanity, there is no equality, there is no fair practice for general people of India as far as the matters are concerned . In my matter as stated in my last letter dtd 22.12.2007 I have expressed my sorrow, anguish and surprise that in what erratic manner ADGIR summed up the whole issue by giving AIRTEL the clean chit where as I have placed documents to you with proof about
Bhai tere jaise wela aadmi nahin dekha in my whole life and living in 3 continents maine salle laat maro aisi ford fiesta ko jab airtel tumko dena nahin chata to kya jabardasti hai saari zindagi kya contest jeetne mein hi laga doge i think you should do something productive in life other then just wasting your time i dont thinks its justfied in one life to even read what u have written here i am not sure how u wrote it from last 2 years were u just running after airtel