[Resolved]  Eklavya School Ahmedabad — Transfer Certificate - Eklavya School Ahmedabad

My daughter was studying in Standard 2 at Eklavya school Ahmedabad. In April this year, at the end of her second standard, I decided to remove her from the school. I applied for a transfer certificate on 9th April 2008 and was told that the office would contact me when the TC was ready. A week later, when i was informed that the TC was ready, I went to collect it and was told that I would have to pay Rs. 21500/- (Rs. Twenty one thousand five hundred) to be given the TC! The claim was that I had not informed the school about removing my child prior to 15th March 2008 and I therefore had to pay 50 percent of the next years fee!

I was not given any letter to this effect prior to 15th March, nor was I informed about it when i made the application for the TC. I had also informed the teachers about my intention to discontinue my child at the end of her second standard.

I believe that it is not legal to demand money for providing a TC
and I wish to know if any action can be taken against the school.

Since the school follows the ICSE board, I believe that the board will be able to take appropriate action.

Warm Regards
Janardhan

Comments

pls contact, would like to know more about this school, as i am going to send my kid in this coming academic year

thanks/brgds
rajan mathew
gujart ambuja exports ltd
ahmedabad
[protected]/[protected]
Well, they are asking me money for issuing the transfer certificate and the report card even though I informed th Principal in writing well in advance (in Jan). When I ask them to give the same to me in writing, they refuse to do so.

It's a well planned strategy to fleece parents. When we informed the Principal in Jan, they didn't warn us of what's coming our way.

Pls don't be fooled by good rapport of Eklavya school. They are big fraudsters. Not a school where u would want to send your kids.
Hello Mr. Janardhan.Padmanabhan,

I am shocked to see such a behaviour from a Education Organisation which is percieved as very reputed in Ahmedabad.
What is the status of your case ? If it is not resolved then please contact me, I am confident that I may be able to suggest the way out.
Please call me at [protected].

With regards
Kishore Talati
Eklavya School Ahmedabad is the most horrible and stupidest place to work for teachers or administrators. The person who runs this school is no less than a dictator, who has objection even if teachers meet with each other on a personal level after school. He has few stooges and informers who give him all the information concerning the whereabouts of the teachers, clerks or administrators working in the school. Its no less than a demon's den, where one can enter or leave only as per the whims and fancy of the person who runs the school. Very negative atmosphere. Its better to teach children at home than send them at that school. Hell on earth.