[Resolved]  GM Optra Service — Horrible service by National Garage of my GM Optra car

My experience only strengthens my belief about a customer in India - "Customer is definitely not the king and there is no concept of customer delight that companies in India work for".

Recently I gave my car (MH-02-AP-8390) for service with some other complaints like check lights, feedback on state of suspension system and brake system, head-lights and parking lights not working due to some switch short-circuiting, etc. to National Garage (Peddar Road, Mumbai). Some of the complaints were resolved on delivery however the seats still carried marks of black grease laden hands of the workmen and some new problems emerged courtesy National Garage despite me settling a whopping Rs 11, 000 repair and service bill.

My central locking switch which was working fine before the service, suddenly was not working. Also the car after warming-up a bit after running, the AC system and lighting system just failed completely. I resent the car for repairs to the garage and was assured of good service to my satisfaction. However little did I realize that this would follow with another gift from National Grage in form of a new bill for replacing some lights (part of the earlier servicing above) and for rectifying the short-circuiting (part of earlier complaint). On complaining to the general manager of the workshop, I was assured that he will look into the case and personally call me to address my concerns. However the next day, when I sent my driver to check the car and collect it, the car was delivred to him (without the call from the general manager which is still pending) with the job done, and he was asked to settle the new bill too.

Am completely disgusted with the entire chain of events and would like to use this forum to warn people that in the world where GM treats its customers to their best, at GM India we still have a long way to go.

Comments

It is very TRUE, this how the workshop dealer chunk away the well earned money of others.
its one of the best dealers in india i would say as ththey are goin out of threr way to help out customers.. i strongly disagree on that
My experience with them is worse, the advertisements claiming that zero maintenance for 3 years is all rubbish. National Garage does not even clean the car from inside after a paid service, they do not inform the clients about the status of the service.
GM Optra Service - Pathetic - ASHTAVINAYAK AUTO PVT LTD

I have same problem with other service centre at Goregoan - ASHTAVINAYAK AUTO PVT LTD. I have Optra 1.8 Magnum. They have my car for last 12 days and each day they are telling me of a new problem. Inspite of repeated efforts they are not committing the exact problem and time required to fix the car. Whenever I go at the service centre they tell me they will fix it by tomorrow which never comes. Now they say they are waiting for the parts for last 6 days. When i ask them to provide the part number and details they refuse to provide details. On phone they do not respond. I have no idea what is going on out there ? No senior guy there is willing to speak with me. I really do not understand why do we pay these guys ? I do not have the time to go to court or fight with them and that's the reaosn why these guys behave with us so badly

Complaint categoryCategory: Other