[Resolved]  Godrej Night Latch 7 Lever Lock — Godrej Lock problem

Godrej Lock is not working properly from past 7 days. We have called so many times to the local number which we got from the shop we brought the lock from but we have not recieved any specific answers from them. When we called the local numbers for the Godrej complaint, they said that why we have not called any Godrej person to fix the lock on the day we brought it. This was not explained to us by the dealer and was not even mentioned on the information paper with the lock in the box. It is clearly mentioned on the paper that for any further assistance you can contact your Godrej lock dealer and when we contacted them we had a very wierd experience. After making so many calls to them atlast they gave me a complaint number: 1740 on which they still not helped us. As per the dealer we get 1year garantee when we buy any Godrej lock but when we called the local complaint cell to help us out as our lock was not working so they said that there is no garantee for any Godrej lock and they said that if we'll call us them for help they'll charge Rs 150. But why as the lock has not even completed 1 month. We have bought this lock on 22/04/2008 and today is 06/05/2008. We have faced so many problem just because of the lock which is not working properly. We were bound to stay out of the house as we were not able to open the Godrej lock from outside. We stay on Second floor of the building and we were standing out of the house at around 7pm in the night. When we explained the entire thing to the Godrej Complaint cell people they have not even entertained us or helped us and were giving us one or the other excuse about the phone not working proplerly and bla bla. Just imagine what happens when you come from somewhere outside and not able to enter your own home. I cann't even explain the entire things in words what i and my entire family faced that night. My husband is a handicap. Me and my daughter asked help from our neighbour to let us jump from their balcony that is on 3rd floor to the second floor we can entire our home by breaking the glass of the window because we don't want to break the lock. This is a sort of irresponsible behaviour you cann't even expect from such a known company.

Comments

godrej lock dont buy you will suffer after your bought...
We want master key for 80 numbers of lock please suggest

regards

shekhar
I have purchased on 13-4-09 a godrej ultra vertibolt lock from a nearby dealer based on a promise from your office that 99% fixing team would come for fixing onthat day evening/night. The number given to me is 3035. However they have not come as promised. So I telephoned next day at three times from my mobile [protected] to [protected]. Everytime a standard answer was given that the person is on the way. Till night on 14-4-09 no body has come. No body even till status to us. So once again today I have to start at about 10 O"Clock to telephone your office again. Please advise such people to aviod loosing of customers from your product due attitute of your people working at ground level. Please advise them to come to my house do a neat job at least on the third day so that we can move around. hope you would respond immediately.

This is Rahlchandra from KMV Projects Ltd Bangalore.I looking for your product night latches 7 levers(94 nos)I would like to meet your representative. Can you please send him across to the folling address.

KMV Projects ltd
Plot No 6
Construction of LIC Quaters
OPP State bank of India
Jeevan Bhima Nagar
Bangalore.
PH [protected], [protected].
May be after reading all people may have a second feeling, but I would like to share my experience with Godrej Locks and the service provided by the dealer were definately excellent when i was stuck when I
lost the house keys at around 11pm and was shocked to see this gentlemen eager to help and not boasting they send a person at 11.45pm.
EXCELLENT - Keep it up
my godrej night latch is not working properly since i brought it n i checked many of the other similar locks in hardware store but they were also useless. why the hell, the manufacturers spoiling name of godrej n i m going to make a complaint regarding this.
Looks like this is a common issue with Godrej Night Latch. A very low quality product. I started seeing this problem within a week of buying. The lock gets stuck in the lock position even when the small latch lever is in unlocked position. The lock comes with a 1 year warranty but to fix issues like this Godrej charges you atleast Rs 140 (Rs 50 service charge + Rs 90 Visit charge). The new lock itself costs around Rs 500. Not worth buying and then spending money every few months on getting it fixed and putting up with the inconvenience. My recommendation... please keep away from this product, dont go by the Godrej Brand name, not worth buying

Complaint categoryCategory: Other