[Resolved]  Godrej Refrigerator - 430 Litre — Poor Services by Godrej Smart care

Poor Services by Godrej Smart care

I have been using Godrej products for a very long time now and was fairly satisfied with the services. However, now I have been forced to change my opinion about Godrej Customer Care and its Products.

I own a Godrej Pentacool 430 Litre Refrigerator for more than last 6 years. After the warranty was over, I took the AMC of my refrigerator through Godrej Smart Care, which is valid till June 2010.

At the begining of this month, my refrigerator stopped cooling and I lodged a Complaint with Godrej Customer Care on 4th July 2009 vide Complaint Number 195613. My call was allotted to Gunjan Refrigeration, Delhi. The Godrej Smart Care executive informed me that the complaint will be resolved within 24 hours. However, after so many followups, the service engineer visited my house on 7th July 2009 and checked the Refrigerator. He told us that the Compressor was not working and the same is required to be replaced. He also informed us that it will take 3-4 days to get the compressor since Compressors are not available at the Service Centre.

After waiting till 16th, I called the Godrej Customer Care again, but they said that they are forwarding the reminder to the Service Centre again and the call will be closed in 2 days time. After that, I called Gunjan Refrigeration, the Godrej Service Centre where my call is allotted, to find out the status and their Customer Care Executive, Anju, told me that they don't have Comp[ressors of 430 Litre Refrigerator, due to which this call is delayed. However, she informed me that they have already placed the order for Compressor on Godrej and will get the same by 20th July 2009 and latest by 21st July 2009, my Refrigerator will be set right. However, till now no one has visited my house to attend my complaint. I also spoke to Mr. Naresh, Zonal Manager, Godrej, on 21st July 2009 and updated him on this whole event and he also informed me that there is shortage of Compressors of 430 litr regrigerators. However, he asked me that in 2 days time he will arrange something.

I was also informed by some Godrej Smart Care staff that this Pentacool 430 Litre refrigerators are having some manufacturing defect and company is now have stopped taking further AMC of the same.

I have 2 very young kids (4 Yr & 6 Yr old) and my old mother at home, who are finding it very very uncomfortable to live without refrigerator in this scorching summer.

Now, I finally request you to look into this matter on PRIORITY and SERIOUSLY and get my refrigerator problem resolved within 2 DAYS TIME, failing which I would be forced to go to Consumer Court.

Anugrah Saxena