[Resolved] HABC Bank — Credit card No.
Reference: Credit Card Number : [protected] / [protected]
: HSBC card Statement for the period of March April 2006
and April – May 2006.
: My payment cheque “626582’ dtd 06/04/2006 for Rs. 5360.00
: Telephonic discussion with HSBC collection representative/agent.
: My letter A/gen/MD/2006 dtd. June1 2006 to HSBC
: HSBC statement for the month of May – June 2006
: My letter A/Gen/MD/2006/R1 dtd 1st July 2006
: My letter Ref: A/Gen/MD/2006/R2 dtd. 1st August 2006
: HSBC e-mail registering my complaint. Complaint no.1177894
: Tele discussions with HSBC clearing agent
: Payment Receipt NO. 0310210/ 0006205 dtd. 04/09/2008
This complaint is with respect to the credit card I was holding for HSBC bank. In spite of my several letters and reminders in this regard to HSBC my complaint has remained unattended and the bank is sending me statements with penalty charged every month without going into details of my complaint. I wish to give details of the event in chronological order
1. I was holding a credit card NO. [protected] of HSBC for which my payments were always in full and on time. This may be checked with the banks history of card payment.
2. In my statement of March- April 2006, HSBC charges penalty and finance charges for not paying dues in time. I wish to bring to your kind notice that the cheque was deposited in the drop box of the bank well in time. It was sent by the bank for clearing, however during the period there was an all India strike of State bank of India, due to which the payment to HSBC was delayed. In my opinion this is a case of “Force Majeure” and HSBC cannot be so unreasonable with its customers and levy such penalties.
3. I spoke to the bank representatives and I was told that in the future bill, the charges shall be reversed, to my surprise there was further levy and penalty. I paid the balance amount which was due to me (amount less the penalty charges) and stopped using HSBC card.
4. I wrote a complaint to bank several times after that (copies enclosed for your reference) however, there was no proper response. Meanwhile I kept getting monthly statements with penalty and other levy, which I have not paid.
5. I sent e-mail to HSBC, some of the correspondence copies are attached for your reference, explaining the situation and requesting reversal of the penalty.
6. I promptly received a e-mail giving complaint number with assurance that the complaint shall be looked into (copy of the e-mail is attached for your reference) in few days time and I shall get a response from the bank. However nothing happened and the HSBC bank never responded to my request.
7. This issue remained unresolved and all my reminders after that were unheard. Prompt reply from the bank always was to pay the due outstanding.
8. In the month of September 2009, HSBC agent called me with a request to come to a settlement and pay some nominal charge to close the issue. Tired by the constant receipt of the statements and the mental torture, I decided to close the issue by paying a token amount. I paid Rs. 500/- towards outstanding and for the closure of the account. I requested the bank agent to send their person with a settlement letter to collect the money, however I was told that the letter shall come directly from the bank in a weeks time. To my shock I received a statement of the coming month without any settlement.
9. By now I was tired of the banks attitude and gave up my chase to settle this issue. Now I have decided to launch a formal complaint to your able office with a hope that the issue will be given due consideration.
Now I not only request bank to resolve this case by reversing the outstanding penalty levied on me but would also request the bank should be duly penalized for harassing the customers and I claim compensation to the tune 19, 000/- (amount equivalent to the penalty levied by the bank), towards mental torture and harassment.
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved
Add Company Information